PDA

View Full Version : Swimming Pool vs. Neighbor's tree

Red Eye
02-15-2006, 01:04 PM
I'm going out of my freaking mind with my pool getting jacked up from my neighbor's palm tree. The long palm leaves cause my Kreepy Krawler to stop working and if I don't notice it for awhile, my pool gets green. Has anyone had this problem and is there anything legally that can be done for them to remove it? I have gotten along with them in the past, but at this point if I were to approach them, I think I'll probably say some things that I'll regret.

lucky
02-15-2006, 01:05 PM
maybe a cover ???

Red Eye
02-15-2006, 01:07 PM
maybe a cover ???
Tried it... the crap just builds up on the top and its unavoidable to not have a lot of it fall into the pool as I'm taking it off.

OGShocker
02-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Throw 10 pounds of copper sulfate (cu-so4)over the fence. It looks like miracle grow and will kill a 500 year old oak tree in deader than a door nail!
My .02
OG (tree hugger, I am not) Shocker

SummitKarl
02-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Tell them you would like to pay for them to get their tree trimmed, nice way of getting the message across. :idea:

ROZ
02-15-2006, 01:18 PM
No my knowledge there is nothing you can do... Incidentally, the plugging of your poolvac is not why your pool is going green....

OGShocker
02-15-2006, 01:18 PM
Tell them you would like to pay for them to get their tree trimmed, nice way of getting the message across. :idea:
Karl,
Do you find it funny we think a like on so many different subjects? :crossx:

uclahater
02-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Hire a Pool guy to take care of your pool :idea: was the pool or the tree there first? Does the tree hang over on to your property?
I had the same problem with my pool, and so I hired a pool guy. Whats amazing is it only cost me about 10 bucks more a month than taking care of it myself :idea:

Lavey29
02-15-2006, 01:19 PM
You might want to check and see if your city has an ordinance requiring residents to keep their trees clipped so they dont hang over neighbors property,,,call your local code enforcement office for your city...

ClownRoyal
02-15-2006, 01:20 PM
Could be worse. Could be a big friggin Eucalyptus tree hanging over your pool. :yuk:

SummitKarl
02-15-2006, 01:21 PM
Karl,
Do you find it funny we think a like on so many different subjects? :crossx:
Naww...I am just stocking you and copying what you say :rollside: :)

ROZ
02-15-2006, 01:21 PM
Throw 10 pounds of copper sulfate (cu-so4)over the fence. It looks like miracle grow and will kill a 500 year old oak tree in deader than a door nail!
My .02
OG (tree hugger, I am not) Shocker
If the soil is tested, the neighbor may be found liable.. The fine will be the value of the tree. Iwouldn't want to pay the cost of replacing a mature Palm tree... It could be in the thousands.... I know an instant where this has happened. Also know of a city fining someone who killed a tree in their own yard in order to get rid of it...I think the value of the Torrey Pine was about 30k...

OGShocker
02-15-2006, 01:25 PM
If the soil is tested, the neighbor may be found liable.. The fine will be the value of the tree. Iwouldn't want to pay the cost of replacing a mature Palm tree... It could be in the thousands.... I know an instant where this has happened. Also know of a city fining someone who killed a tree in their own yard in order to get rid of it...
..:D well, there is that I guess. :D

Sleek-Jet
02-15-2006, 01:33 PM
I would go after the dog if it was me... :D :rolleyes:

Ziggy
02-15-2006, 01:41 PM
Whats the neighbors wife look like??? :D :D :D
OG wants to kill the tree
Karl wants to pay to trim it
Yup, you guys are on the same wavelength-LOL :rolleyes: :p :p

Ziggy
02-15-2006, 01:44 PM
If the soil is tested, the neighbor may be found liable.. The fine will be the value of the tree. Iwouldn't want to pay the cost of replacing a mature Palm tree... It could be in the thousands.... I know an instant where this has happened. Also know of a city fining someone who killed a tree in their own yard in order to get rid of it...I think the value of the Torrey Pine was about 30k...
Uh oh, what about city trees along the sidewalk? :)

Her454
02-15-2006, 01:45 PM
I'd rather have your problem then my neighbors cattle on my property all the time.................... :cry: They scare the hell out of me sometimes at night....

SummitKarl
02-15-2006, 01:48 PM
Whats the neighbors wife look like??? :D :D :D
OG wants to kill the tree
Karl wants to pay to trim it
Yup, you guys are on the same wavelength-LOL :rolleyes: :p :p
hey pay for it is called a "HIT" :p :)
OG is just more of a hands on guy when it comes to killing things :rollside:
his weapon of choice
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734Markstool.JPG

SummitKarl
02-15-2006, 01:50 PM
I'd rather have your problem then my neighbors cattle on my property all the time.................... :cry: They scare the hell out of me sometimes at night....
this explains a whole lot :rollside: :)

OGShocker
02-15-2006, 01:55 PM
his weapon of choice
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734Markstool.JPG
That is a weapon of opportunity.
This is my weapon of choice!
http://www.snipercentral.com/images/psg1.jpg

Her454
02-15-2006, 01:58 PM
this explains a whole lot :rollside: :)
And so does this LOL..................... and I believe its spelled "stalking" ;)
Naww...I am just stocking you

Focker
02-15-2006, 02:03 PM
You Can Trim The Portion Of The Tree That Hangs On Your Side. I Hired A Guy To Come Out And Trim My Neighbors Tree That Hangs All Over My Yard And Roof. It Is Totally Legal

lucky
02-15-2006, 02:04 PM
Hire a Pool guy to take care of your pool :idea: was the pool or the tree there first? Does the tree hang over on to your property?
I had the same problem with my pool, and so I hired a pool guy. Whats amazing is it only cost me about 10 bucks more a month than taking care of it myself :idea:
that explains steve .......

SummitKarl
02-15-2006, 02:04 PM
And so does this LOL..................... and I believe its spelled "stalking" ;)
hey I am drunk on BBQ sauce right now...Missy!!!!!!!!!!!
maybe I sould spell check some e-mails :wink:
like you never messed up :p
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102138

lucky
02-15-2006, 02:06 PM
well , at least you won't go hungry --

Her454
02-15-2006, 02:09 PM
LOL, maybe you sould..... :) And BTW, in reference to that thread, I plead the 5th, and please refer to Topless's sig line. :D :D :D

Ziggy
02-15-2006, 02:11 PM
Wazznt mee...........

SummitKarl
02-15-2006, 02:11 PM
LOL, maybe you sould..... :) And BTW, in reference to that thread, I plead the 5th, and please refer to Topless's sig line. :D :D :D
EXCUSE ME!!!! did you just type "sould" instead of "should" :p

Ziggy
02-15-2006, 02:12 PM
You can't blame it on the 5th of Jack.......that's cheatin' :p

lucky
02-15-2006, 02:13 PM
ahhhh karma .... :cool:

Her454
02-15-2006, 02:15 PM
Read YOUR post that I quoted Mister..............and lay off the BBQ sauce LMAO....................... :rollside: ;)
ahhhh karma .... :cool:
Not this time..... LOL

Ziggy
02-15-2006, 02:19 PM
Read YOUR post that I quoted Mister..............and lay off the BBQ sauce LMAO....................... :rollside: ;)
Not this time..... LOL
LOL---I thought you said he was more observant :D
ba, dum-pum......cha

Her454
02-15-2006, 02:21 PM
LOL---I thought you said he was more observant :D
ba, dum-pum......cha
So I thought............ :rollside:

OGShocker
02-15-2006, 02:21 PM
No but, you sure as hell did!...LOL
KARMA!!

Her454
02-15-2006, 02:23 PM
KARMA!!
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I rest my case, thanks OG. :rollside:

SummitKarl
02-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Not this time..... LOL
sorry I was just collecting a few Traci Classics :p :)
No, no Tom wouldnt leave me hangng...........Tom...jello Tom? Wjere are you?
actul;ly they are grussion Lol
um yae...... wajsnt my fault this tmie
lol i refuse to take ,my yaptop in the bathroom. :rollside:
dammit where is my parnter in crime tonite? sje is probably at that flaming titty bar dancng with a toothelss cowboy. i miss all the fujn. :rollside:

SummitKarl
02-15-2006, 02:27 PM
KARMA!!
I am so not lifting the toilet seat in your toterhome this weekend :crossx: :)

topless
02-15-2006, 02:27 PM
You can't count those. She had a disclaimer before she even started typing that. SHE WAS DRUNK. Like she said, refer to my sig line. :idea:

Her454
02-15-2006, 02:34 PM
OMG, I cant believe my flaming titty comment.................. I forgot about that........thank God for my earlier disclaimer......
please refer any other questions to Topless, my legal counsel. :rollside:

topless
02-15-2006, 02:37 PM
OMG, I cant believe my flaming titty comment.................. I forgot about that........thank God for my earlier disclaimer......
please refer any other questions to Topless, my legal counsel. :rollside:I need to go thru this whole thread again for your defense. :rollside:

SummitKarl
02-15-2006, 02:37 PM
please refer any other questions to Topless, my legal counsel. :rollside:
that was just page one :devil: :)

OGShocker
02-15-2006, 02:39 PM
I am so not lifting the toilet seat in your toterhome this weekend :crossx: :)
Dumbass, that was the blender and that was LAST weekend! How much did drink? :crossx:

Her454
02-15-2006, 02:40 PM
I need to go thru this whole thread again for your defense. :rollside:
Uhhh, no need for that, we can let that die.............. PLEASE. :rollside:
Dumbass, that was the blender and that was LAST weekend! How much did drink? :crossx:
100 Proof BBQ Hootch. Strong stuff. :rollside:

Ziggy
02-15-2006, 02:42 PM
From neighbor's trees to poor spelling.........
Where'd it all go wrong????
much funnier than the the poor guys tree ravaged pool....hopefully he got some pointers before this went offtrack.
When my pool gets debris in it I let the air out and dump it on the garden, pour a new Sparklets bottle in and be done with it :D :D :D

OGShocker
02-15-2006, 02:44 PM
100 Proof BBQ Hootch. Strong stuff. :rollside:
The way he pissed in my blender last weekend, I would have thought he was huffing the gas from the BBQ. 100 proof would explain a lot! :rollside: :)

SummitKarl
02-15-2006, 02:48 PM
does this answer your question :crossx: :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734OGhh.jpg

Jordy
02-15-2006, 02:49 PM
I do the same thing from time to time. However mine are all in picture form and I've got some GREAT pics!!!! :D :D :D

Her454
02-15-2006, 02:51 PM
The way he pissed in my blender last weekend, :)
Thanks for that visual..............
Are you related to Topless or do you both just have a horse fetish? :rollside:
I do the same thing from time to time. However mine are all in picture form and I've got some GREAT pics!!!! :D :D :D
:yuk: :cry:

OGShocker
02-15-2006, 02:58 PM
So, that's what I would look like with hair! Thank you Karl!

SummitKarl
02-15-2006, 03:25 PM
oh I have a great "20 something" Traci to post :crossx: :p :)
complete with dolphin shorts :rolleyes:

Ziggy
02-15-2006, 03:25 PM
So, that's what I would look like with hair! Thank you Karl!
I think you need to trim those nose hairs Mark :D

OGShocker
02-15-2006, 03:44 PM
I think you need to trim those nose hairs Mark :D
NO WAY! When you are as follicly challenged as I am.... you take what you can get! :)

ROZ
02-15-2006, 03:46 PM
If I was hung like a horse, Topless would call me.. She would be my love slave... :D

SummitKarl
02-15-2006, 03:48 PM
If I was hung like a horse, Topless would call me.. She would be my love slave... :D
That would be the other way around ROZ.. she's a missionary girl :wink:

topless
02-15-2006, 03:54 PM
You know I've called you for phone sex before. Stop trying to pretend you're all innocent and chit.

Her454
02-15-2006, 03:57 PM
That would be the other way around ROZ.. she's a missionary girl :wink:
No shes not, she is Catholic so she's just a slut. :rollside:
But she does go to confession................

wsuwrhr
02-15-2006, 03:58 PM
This is my weapon of choice!
http://www.snipercentral.com/images/psg1.jpg
Not if you wear a trenchcoat...it becomes a weapon of opportunity!!!
Brian

Ziggy
02-15-2006, 04:00 PM
And nobody knows about it until 20 yrs later.......them alterboys :rolleyes:

topless
02-15-2006, 04:02 PM
But she does go to confession................LOL, Yeah, I go to confession so I'm not accountable for anything I've ever done in the past.

Her454
02-15-2006, 04:05 PM
LOL, Yeah, I go to confession so I'm not accountable for anything I've ever done in the past.
As a Southern Baptist I was doomed to pay the price for both of us.

al cole'holic
02-15-2006, 04:08 PM
I know someone that had the same problem, a couple of copper spikes took it out :)

topless
02-15-2006, 04:10 PM
As a Southern Baptist I was doomed to pay the price for both of us.I knew I could count on you...........I just hope I don't die on the way to my next confession. :cry:

Her454
02-15-2006, 04:12 PM
I knew I could count on you...........I just hope I don't die on the way to my next confession. :cry:
I'll pray for you........... :rollside:

stvneil
02-15-2006, 06:17 PM
No my knowledge there is nothing you can do... Incidentally, the plugging of your poolvac is not why your pool is going green....
:idea: roz is right, water chemistry is the problem. kreepy is not one of the better cleaners, try a polaris, legend, or mars.

AZJD
02-15-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm going out of my freaking mind with my pool getting jacked up from my neighbor's palm tree. The long palm leaves cause my Kreepy Krawler to stop working and if I don't notice it for awhile, my pool gets green. Has anyone had this problem and is there anything legally that can be done for them to remove it? I have gotten along with them in the past, but at this point if I were to approach them, I think I'll probably say some things that I'll regret.
Burn it! :crossx:

76ANTHONY
02-15-2006, 07:12 PM
just a simple question that no one has asked yet. do you have a dedicated vac line or are you running it through the skipper? if its through the skimmer then yes this will through your pool water all off because of a no flow condition. just a thought.

Sportin' Wood
02-15-2006, 07:27 PM
You are a lucky man. I wish my life was so simple that the worst thing that I had to worry about was my neighbors palm frawns (sp?) plugging up my kreepy krawly causing me to go out of my mind. Can you share some of your good fortune? :D

SummitKarl
02-15-2006, 07:30 PM
go to confession................
Yes, I think you should :jawdrop: :D

hoolign
02-15-2006, 09:01 PM
Kill their fukking tree's...Am I missing somthing here??

76ANTHONY
02-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Kill their fukking tree's...Am I missing somthing here??
yeah i can tell the village elder just loves you, TREE KILLER :crossx: :D

hoolign
02-15-2006, 09:06 PM
yeah i can tell the village elder just loves you, TREE KILLER :crossx: :D
He's the one crying when it rains anyways...so fukk him and his "save the planet" bullshit!!!

76ANTHONY
02-15-2006, 09:08 PM
He's the one crying when it rains anyways...so fukk him and his "save the planet" bullshit!!!
:D :D :D

hoolign
02-15-2006, 09:12 PM
:D :D :D
Oh yeah..."i'm Ghandi's third cousin..and I SHOULD NOT BE WET" ....."COVER ME WITH YOUR RYE BREAD" ....."AHHHHH FUKKK YOU.....you bald headed brown faggot"..

ROZ
02-15-2006, 09:14 PM
just a simple question that no one has asked yet. do you have a dedicated vac line or are you running it through the skipper? if its through the skimmer then yes this will through your pool water all off because of a no flow condition. just a thought.
If he doesn't have a dedicated line, I hope he has the adjustable skimmer adaptor... Otherwise he has no skimming at all... Pool guy is a must under those circumstances ;)

ROZ
02-15-2006, 09:22 PM
She is? Me too... Topless, why don't we hookup and commit sexual sin to the point of excommunication then go to confession at the same church. You spend an hour confessing and then I'll go in after you. Then we can watch the priest come out of his confessional all in a daze ... Sound fun? :D

SummitKarl
02-15-2006, 10:25 PM
She is? Me too... Topless, why don't we hookup and commit sexual sin to the point of excommunication then go to confession at the same church. You spend an hour confessing and then I'll go in after you. Then we can watch the priest come out of his confessional all in a daze ... Sound fun? :D
Shiat...just send HER454 to confession... they will have to excommunicate the priest :)

OGShocker
02-16-2006, 07:37 AM
That right there, is gotdamn funny!

Tom Brown
02-16-2006, 08:16 AM
Karl,
I don't know if your trees have a dormant season. Ours do. We call it winter.
In the fall, the sap is drawn from the upper parts of the tree down into the trunk.
If you take a syringe and inject a small amount of Roundup (0.5 oz) into one or two of the peripheral branches in the fall... when spring comes, the tree will be as dormant as Jbb's lawn.
It's really tough to detect.
I doubt this technique would be very effective if your trees don't have a dormant season. It relys on the sap being recalled into the trunk each season.
Anyway... good luck.

Tom Brown
02-16-2006, 08:17 AM
AHHHHH FUKKK YOU.....you bald headed brown faggot..
Hey! Be careful where you aim that shit! That thing is loaded. :mad:

Jbb
02-16-2006, 08:21 AM
Karl,
when spring comes, the tree will be as dormant as Jbb's lawn.
You just cant let the lawn thing go ....can you.... :mad: :mad: ................................. :p

Tom Brown
02-16-2006, 08:25 AM
You just cant let the lawn thing go ....can you.... :mad: :mad: ................................. :p
No need.

Her454
02-16-2006, 09:06 AM
Shiat...just send HER454 to confession... they will have to excommunicate the priest :)
Thats just wrong. :rollside: I am as pure as the driven snow.

Red Eye
02-16-2006, 09:12 AM
Thanks for those of you who have given a some help. For the hijackers... YOU'RE WELCOME :)

SummitKarl
02-16-2006, 09:14 AM
Thats just wrong. :rollside: I am as pure as the driven snow.
and the color of driven on snow is? :p :)

SummitKarl
02-16-2006, 09:25 AM
Karl,
I don't know if your trees have a dormant season. Ours do. We call it winter.
In the fall, the sap is drawn from the upper parts of the tree down into the trunk.
If you take a syringe and inject a small amount of Roundup (0.5 oz) into one or two of the peripheral branches in the fall... when spring comes, the tree will be as dormant as Jbb's lawn.
It's really tough to detect.
I doubt this technique would be very effective if your trees don't have a dormant season. It relys on the sap being recalled into the trunk each season.
Anyway... good luck.
Tom,
were you POOPING and POSTING again? the fumes must be getting to you, Red Eye has the tree problem not me :)

Her454
02-16-2006, 09:29 AM
and the color of driven on snow is? :p :)
PURE of course.......... :rollside:

SummitKarl
02-16-2006, 09:33 AM
PURE of course.......... :rollside:
Pure as the color of your Beige wedding dress? :crossx: :p :)

Her454
02-16-2006, 09:38 AM
Pure as the color of your Beige wedding dress? :crossx: :p :)
Quit Jacking this thread LOL................. :rollside:

SummitKarl
02-16-2006, 09:46 AM
Quit Jacking this thread LOL................. :rollside:
got nothin huh?

Her454
02-16-2006, 10:06 AM
got nothin huh?
You have busted me. I got nuthin. :rollside: :rollside: :)

topless
02-16-2006, 10:14 AM
She is? Me too... Topless, why don't we hookup and commit sexual sin to the point of excommunication then go to confession at the same church. You spend an hour confessing and then I'll go in after you. Then we can watch the priest come out of his confessional all in a daze ... Sound fun? :DI don't like to air my dirty laundry on ***boat so we'd have to find a priest who knows noting about this site. Wouldn't want to tarnish my reputation. :)

Her454
02-16-2006, 10:22 AM
I don't like to air my dirty laundry on ***boat so we'd have to find a priest who knows noting about this site. Wouldn't want to tarnish my reputation. :)
CAN ANYONE ELSE HEAR THAT HORRIBLE THUNDER............. I think LIGHTNING will strike soon.....................

SummitKarl
02-16-2006, 10:28 AM
I don't like to air my dirty laundry on ***boat so we'd have to find a priest who knows noting about this site. Wouldn't want to tarnish my reputation. :)
http://havasuhotshots.com/phpBB/images/smiles/LaLaLa.gif

Ziggy
02-16-2006, 12:44 PM
Don't you go where the Huskies go and don't eat that _ _ _ _ _ _ snow.
:)

Her454
02-16-2006, 12:56 PM
Don't you go where the Huskies go and don't eat that _ _ _ _ _ _ snow.
:)
whatever..... LOL

Ziggy
02-16-2006, 01:00 PM
whatever..... LOL
http://havasuhotshots.com/phpBB/images/smiles/LaLaLa.gif Don't LaLaLaLaLa me, I was just singing a tune.
I kinda lost track of what was going on here...thought it was to help someone with a tree or pool...LOL
So what's brewin' in the ol' Pot ???? Hansel And Gretel?? :p ;)

SummitKarl
02-16-2006, 01:08 PM
Don't LaLaLaLaLa me, I was just singing a tune.
I kinda lost track of what was going on here...thought it was to help someone with a tree or pool...LOL
So what's brewin' in the ol' Pot ???? Hansel And Gretel?? :p ;)
she is working on a special brew, something about wedding dress bleach :p :)

Ziggy
02-16-2006, 01:43 PM
she is working on a special brew, something about wedding dress bleach :p :)
:idea: Billy Idol?

lucky
02-16-2006, 02:03 PM
I now have a smiley boner ---

Ziggy
02-16-2006, 02:17 PM
I now have a smiley boner ---
LOL... :D :D :D :D

Red Eye
02-16-2006, 02:57 PM
Problemo solved. Hired a pool guy today.

Tom Brown
02-16-2006, 03:00 PM
the fumes must be getting to you, Red Eye has the tree problem not me :)
You ***boaters all look the same to me.