PDA

View Full Version : Big Sale at Ralphs!!

Nord
06-28-2007, 06:34 AM
If you go to Ralphs, grab one of their flyers in the front with the coupons. They have 30 packs of Coors for 12.99 with 25 dollar purchase. They have their meat at 50% off as well. I didn't check other brands of beer, but I believe they are on sale too!! Good time to stock up for the 4th :)
Your Welcome
~NORD~

Havasu Hangin'
06-28-2007, 06:36 AM
Ralphs has the highest margins in the state...so be careful on that $25 purchase....or you could easily be giving it back.
50% off? Let's hope they didn't raise the price first (which they have been known to do).

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-28-2007, 06:37 AM
I hate Ralphs. But thanks for the info.:D

Nord
06-28-2007, 06:39 AM
Sometimes if you don't have anything nice to say.............:devil:
HATERS.....

Havasu Hangin'
06-28-2007, 06:40 AM
Ralphs has 18 different pricing zones. They charge more (for the same items) in neighborhoods where they have less competition.
They also have closed over 30 stores in the past two years (because there was competition in the area).

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-28-2007, 06:43 AM
Sometimes if you don't have anything nice to say.............:devil:
HATERS.....
I will zip it then..:jawdrop: :D :D

Xlration Marine
06-28-2007, 06:44 AM
They are the same as Safeway, are they not?? If so the last piece of meat that I bought from them is holding up GREAT. I made a new pair of boots out of it, going on 2 1/2 years now.:D :D

Baja Big Dog
06-28-2007, 06:45 AM
If you go to Ralphs, grab one of their flyers in the front with the coupons. They have 30 packs of Coors for 12.99 with 25 dollar purchase. They have their meat at 50% off as well. I didn't check other brands of beer, but I believe they are on sale too!! Good time to stock up for the 4th :)
Your Welcome
~NORD~
God bless ***boat....you post up something good, and it gets hammered!!!:mad:
If I drank I would go to Ralphs and buy the beer, and I would call you up and down a couple with you...thanks Nord!
I do eat though, but you can forget the steak dinner!!:D

catman-do
06-28-2007, 06:45 AM
Thats wierd, because with doubling coupons, the ralphs by us is much less expensive than Albertsons or Staters. Most of the time when I look at the cost per ounce I find that they are even beating out Costco when things are on sale.

Havasu Hangin'
06-28-2007, 06:50 AM
God bless ***boat....you post up something good, and it gets hammered!!!
I'm not hammering it....I'm just saying "be careful". A "loss leader" to get people in the store is great, but you have to be careful.
Ralphs also does things like run ads on items at their regular price- most people don't catch it.

shippingguy
06-28-2007, 06:52 AM
They are the same as Safeway, are they not?? If so the last piece of meat that I bought from them is holding up GREAT. I made a new pair of boots out of it, going on 2 1/2 years now.:D :D
No Vons and Safeway are the same.

Redwing247
06-28-2007, 06:52 AM
Ralphs sux :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Havasu Hangin'
06-28-2007, 06:54 AM
Thats wierd, because with doubling coupons, the ralphs by us is much less expensive than Albertsons or Staters. Most of the time when I look at the cost per ounce I find that they are even beating out Costco when things are on sale.
On coupons, yes. However, for example, Ralphs requires 40%+ margin on grocery items, while Staters is in the 30's, and Food 4 Less is even lower.
Of course, it depends on how good of a price they got from the vendor, and which pricing zone you are in.
Being in the industry, I check prices weekly, and it's kinda embarassing how they fool consumers.

sleekcraft80
06-28-2007, 07:05 AM
On coupons, yes. However, for example, Ralphs requires 40%+ margin on grocery items, while Staters is in the 30's, and Food 4 Less is even lower.
Of course, it depends on how good of a price they got from the vendor, and which pricing zone you are in.
Being in the industry, I check prices weekly, and it's kinda embarassing how they fool consumers.
Also do you know that Food 4 less and Ralphs are owned by Kroger. I used to remodel Ralphs stores and build Food 4 Less stores. At the time of the big strike I honored it and went to Staters. What would normally cost me $120 at Vons, Staters would charge about $40 more. During that time they jacked their prices way up there so nobody would save any money.:mad:

catman-do
06-28-2007, 07:09 AM
How would food-4-less be the lowest and ralphs be the highest? They are both Kroger companies. I used to work for them. Same owner, and two complete opposite sides of the pricing spectrum is hard to believe.

Havasu Hangin'
06-28-2007, 07:09 AM
About time you jumbed in on this subject HH. Of course they raised prices, just like all the rest been doin lately. Waddya think, they're on some type of 'humanitarian givaway program' or sumptin?
The funny thing is that all of their topline sales are down, but the bottomline is up because of the increased margin. Bottomline growth does not save me money. Most people are using Ralphs as a big "convenience store' these days- cherry-picking items. Their basket rings are down.
They are still responsible for reporting bottom-line income to their parent company, Kroger, but the word on the street is that Kroger is not happy with how they are running their shop, and may step in.
The big three are walking away from volume (Albertsons, Vons, and Ralphs) and closing stores where they are not competetive. They have driven consumers to Target, Costco, Sam's Club, etc. If anyone wants a wake-up call on cheap groceries, go to a Wal-Mart Supercenter.
Wal-Mart is the Anti-Christ, so don't shop there...just compare.
Winco, Superior, Costco, etc. are all low-margin, high-volume operators- the opposite of the big three. You can save some money shopping there.
Waddya think HH? We gonna have the final grocery clerk blowout yet or not. Just wonderin if in six months or so we start seein grocery clerks fighten with fricken illegals for their spot on freeway off ramps or hangin out at Home Depot stores, OR maybe the illegals pushin your groceries out to the car for you.
"Joo wan paaperr orrr pplaasticc, beetch?
Rio
The union is in for a battle, that's for sure. Kroger, Safeway, and Albertsons have some deep pockets. I'm just not sure they can report another 2003 to Wall Street...this market is very important for their overall earnings.

Ziggy
06-28-2007, 07:13 AM
Ralphs, Food4Less, Smiths..............are just a few of the Kroger company stores.

Havasu Hangin'
06-28-2007, 07:14 AM
How would food-4-less be the lowest and ralphs be the highest? They are both Kroger companies. I used to work for them. Same owner, and two complete opposite sides of the pricing spectrum is hard to believe.
Food 4 Less is also owned by Kroger, but is allowed to operate under a different P&L.
Here's an example. Let's say I sell cup-o-noodles to Ralphs and Food 4 Less for .21/unit. Ralphs ran the ad for 5/$2 (47%GP). Food 4 Less ran it for 4/$1 (16%GP).
Same warehouse, same ship point.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-28-2007, 07:15 AM
Ralphs, Food4Less, Smiths..............are just a few of the Kroger company stores.
o.k I am not that brite.. Can you tell me who Kroger is?:confused:

Havasu Hangin'
06-28-2007, 07:19 AM
The second largest grocery company in the US- you need to get out more. :D
Another example. Let's say I sell 100oz laundry detergent to Ralphs and Food 4 Less for $2.38/unit. Ralphs ran the ad for $3.99 (40%GP) and Food 4 Less ran it for 2/$5 (5%GP).
Same warehouse, same week.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-28-2007, 07:20 AM
:D The second largest grocery company in the US- you need to get out more. :D
Another example. Let's say I sell 100oz laundry detergent to Ralphs and Food 4 Less for $2.38/unit. Ralphs ran the ad for $3.99 (40%GP) and food 4 Less ran it for 2/$5 (5%GP).
LOL!! Thanks..
If it wasn't for ***boat I would get out more. :D :D

Ziggy
06-28-2007, 07:23 AM
Food 4 Less is also owned by Kroger, but is allowed to operate under a different P&L.
Here's an example. Let's say I sell cup-o-noodles to Ralphs and Food 4 Less for .21/unit. Ralphs ran the ad for 5/$2 (47%GP). Food 4 Less ran it for 4/$1 (16%GP).
Same warehouse, same ship point.
Food4Less is the no frills, bag your own items kinda store.....polished concrete floor instead of tile, stuff like that.
My brother works for Kroger but not in the grocery end, he's a Rx, drug dealer...LOL
He'd just taken a regional job when the last strike occured and he hated every moment of that time...he had shit thrown at him, threatened with bats and blockaded into his parking spot by the union workers striking......problem being that my bro's position was not related to the union whatsoever, the Pharm's have a seperate union, or actually I think its a guild.
When the union people strike I hope they actually know what they are trying to accomplish...I mean the employees we have a daily contact with, not the Union bosses.

Ziggy
06-28-2007, 07:25 AM
Kroger is the mother company doing business as : Ralphs, Smiths, etc.

Nord
06-28-2007, 07:27 AM
What is their price on Doggy Cookies??:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155514

Nord
06-28-2007, 07:33 AM
times must be a lil slow out there on the ranch, huh cowboy ???? :sqeyes: try selling one of your autographed chaps you wore in the 96' "pbr" finals, where you rode "lil-kitten" for 8.6 seconds ......... bbwwaaaahhhhhh ...
I'll sit at the table with you while you sign your 68' "Offroad Motorcycle" front numbers.........:devil: BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

catman-do
06-28-2007, 07:35 AM
The second largest grocery company in the US- you need to get out more. :D
Another example. Let's say I sell 100oz laundry detergent to Ralphs and Food 4 Less for $2.38/unit. Ralphs ran the ad for $3.99 (40%GP) and Food 4 Less ran it for 2/$5 (5%GP).
Im going to have to start looking at food-4-less more. Never realized they did that. Figured same parent company would want similar profit margins in order to make sense of competing geographical areas. Although i guess food-4-less would probably compete more with Smart n' final.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-28-2007, 07:37 AM
Kroger is the mother company doing business as : Ralphs, Smiths, etc.
so they are hiding behind names like snakes on this board.. :D :D

Xlration Marine
06-28-2007, 07:41 AM
No Vons and Safeway are the same.
Yea thats it Vohs. I was rear ended this morning, I'm not doing so good. Chit my Uncle worked for them for 30 years and my brother for 20. What the hell just hit me? I think I need o lay down.

Havasu Hangin'
06-28-2007, 07:43 AM
Im going to have to start looking at food-4-less more. Never realized they did that. Figured same parent company would want similar profit margins in order to make sense of competing geographical areas. Although i guess food-4-less would probably compete more with Smart n' final.
You are correct that Ralphs has all but pulled-out of inner-city areas. They let Food 4 Less compete for the low-income grocery shopper. That's why shopping with the "war-losers" and "junkies" can save you money.
Go shop at a Winco sometime...they remind me of the old "Lucky" stores.
Speaking of which, there are rumors that Albertsons are bringing back the "Lucky" stores to compete with Staters, Food 4 Less, Winco, etc.
Albertsons, Ralphs, Vons = Upscale
Winco, Food 4 Less, Superior = low prices
Staters = in the middle somewhere

Ziggy
06-28-2007, 07:46 AM
Brush up on your spanish so you can navigate the aisles better.....;)

Havasu Luvr
06-28-2007, 07:47 AM
50% off? Let's hope they didn't raise the price first (which they have been known to do).
Reminds me of a few Boat Mfg who raise their prices for boat shows then tell prospective customers they will recieve a boat show special discount if they order today....LMAO:D :D :idea:

Baja Big Dog
06-28-2007, 07:52 AM
Yea thats it Vohs. I was rear ended this morning, I'm not doing so good. Chit my Uncle worked for them for 30 years and my brother for 20. What the hell just hit me? I think I need o lay down.
Hey X..when the caffine from the 12 cups of coffee wears off read your post and tell us what you are trying to say!!!:D

catman-do
06-28-2007, 08:08 AM
You are correct that Ralphs has all but pulled-out of inner-city areas. They let Food 4 Less compete for the low-income grocery shopper. That's why shopping with the "war-losers" and "junkies" can save you money.
Go shop at a Winco sometime...they remind me of the old "Lucky" stores.
Speaking of which, there are rumors that Albertsons are bringing back the "Lucky" stores to compete with Staters, Food 4 Less, Winco, etc.
Albertsons, Ralphs, Vons = Upscale
Winco, Food 4 Less, Superior = low prices
Staters = in the middle somewhere
Ive heard alot of good things about those Winco stores. I think there is one over in Fontana Im going to have to check out. I took a cooking class at william sonoma and they said that Winco had some of the best meats Without going to a specialty store) and prices on meats around.

catman-do
06-28-2007, 08:09 AM
Brush up on your spanish so you can navigate the aisles better.....;)
Donde esta cervesas y carne... Thats about all I need to know.

Havasu Hangin'
06-28-2007, 08:14 AM
Ive heard alot of good things about those Winco stores. I think there is one over in Fontana Im going to have to check out. I took a cooking class at william sonoma and they said that Winco had some of the best meats Without going to a specialty store) and prices on meats around.
Winco runs a very lean operation- stack it deep and sell it cheap. They are tough (but fair) negotiators with their vendors.
Winco stands for the states they operate in (Washington, Idaho, Nevada, California, Oregon). They are an employee-owned company, so they are not union.
I think there are a few out in Stater's country...with many more to come.

Xlration Marine
06-28-2007, 09:15 AM
Hey X..when the caffine from the 12 cups of coffee wears off read your post and tell us what you are trying to say!!!:D
HYDROCOD/APAP 1500 MK. On me secound go around. Nap time.

Nord
06-28-2007, 10:50 AM
With all that being said, I'm sure you guys can find 25 bucks worth of deals and get a 30pack for the sale price........

CA Stu
06-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Albertsons has already brought back the Lucky stores. There are a few of them around. I honestly don't think they'll ever be like bring back the old Lucky chain or Alpha Beta as Albertsons doesn't buy into the philosophy of smaller profit and higher volumn. Their corporate thinking is as f*cked up now as it was 30 years ago. They never could really compete in Southern California and the only way they could gain market share was to buy the market-> ie. buy (merge) American Stores which owned Lucky and Savon. It's a shame that the last buyout of Albertsons was by Supervalue because SV is basically a holding type company whereas Albertsons is concerned and the same BRAINDEAD F*CKING IDIOTS are running the place. Please shop elsewhere!
Rio
Albertsons has 30 packs of Tecate for $15.99 right now.
I bought one last night.
Yay for Albertsons!
Thanks
CA Stu
PS It's Joe Albertson's supermarket, but the beer department is mine!

Havasu Hangin'
06-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Albertsons has already brought back the Lucky stores. There are a few of them around.
Those Lucky stores actually are not operated by Albertsons. An Independent chain figured out that Albertsons had not renewed the rights to the Lucky name 5 years after acquiring it, so they put the banners up. There is a big legal battle going on right now over it.
Albertsons has begun to contract "Lucky" private label products- I don't think they would do that unless they were intending to bring the chain back, but who knows.
Albertsons is only a shell of what they were. Albertsons is now split, with the So Cal stores being owned by Supervalu out of Minnesota. The Nor Cal stores were bought by an investment group (Cerebrus), who promptly sold them off for the land value. The remaining Nor cal stores are being sold to Sav-Mart (about 100 stores).
Supervalu was always focused on wholesaling, but they had retail stores. Why they would take such a big step into retailing is the real question. You are correct- senior management from Albertsons (Boise) is now running Supervalu.

Angry Inch
06-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Besides what's in my pants, Costco has the best meat on the market.

VanDeano
06-28-2007, 02:44 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/nightmare6.jpg

Flyinbowtie
06-28-2007, 03:07 PM
I've just learned more about the grocery industry in five minutes than I learned in the previous 48 years of living.
Come to ***boat for an education on just about anything.:D
My wife hits about five different stores, "in town", to do the shopping.
It is a 75 mile round trip to Costco or Walmart, so those are out, but the woman can flat make it happen around here. Our Albertsons just changed to Save Mart, she says.
I dunno, she won't let me go to the store with her, says I cost her too much money.
"oooh, I want somathat!"
"hey, lets' get soma these"
"Wow, honey, look, Captain Crunch is on sale, and they gots the Crunchberries, too!"
"Sweetie, can I have some St. Pauli Girl?"
:rolleyes:
Yes, we've been married for 27 years.

Old Man Havasu
06-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Not responding to your question, but ALWAYS get a laugh from your avatar...

Ivan Dan
06-28-2007, 09:56 PM
PS It's Joe Albertson's supermarket, but the beer department is mine!
To keep with the theme of this thread....SuperValu Inc. now owns Albertson's as they sold out for 9.7 Billion. :D