PDA

View Full Version : David Bailey rides again!

Racer277
02-15-2006, 02:15 PM
This is David Bailey riding yesterday at Elsinore! (http://streaming.tbteam.com/dbRIDESagain.mov)
Mod'd CRF.
Too Cool!
He still looks strong!

Ziggy
02-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Haven't heard that name in a long time....

SHIFTY
02-15-2006, 02:18 PM
This is David Bailey riding yesterday at Elsinore! (http://streaming.tbteam.com/dbRIDESagain.mov)
Mod'd CRF.
Too Cool!
He still looks strong!
...AND FASTER THAN YOU.

Totally IncapASSitated
02-15-2006, 02:38 PM
That's bitchin' to see and what an inspiration to others with disabilities!!!

Mrs.Racer277
02-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Wow, that is so awesome. :)

riverroyal
02-15-2006, 03:59 PM
Ive known david and his family since 1990,his brother and I raced for the same team as jetski racers.His bro and I traveled together across the counrty for years,his mom and dad,who are divorced,would come out the races.David would come out to the west coast races and sit in out pit,and hang out.My wife and I have been to about 5 new years eve parties at Davids.He has spoken many times that if he ever walked again he would get on a bike that day.That was a amazing video for me to watch.Last month I stopped at my friends shop to say hi,David was there with his son,I hung out and visited for a hour or so,they were working on that helmet he is wearing in the video,its a bailey replica of his JT helmet,its made by ONE.It was top secret,they are in limited suppy,Im getting one.I think in the video that was Shawn,Davids son,riding behind him,how special must that have been to ride with you dad,or your son,stuff we take for granted.Ive got some phone calls to make now,,,GREAT POST!!!steve

Racer277
02-15-2006, 04:04 PM
It is his son. The idea was to get him to ride the track with his son.
Awesome!

riverroyal
02-15-2006, 04:06 PM
thanks for the video,I wasnt gonna go to the desert this weekend,for selfish reasons of coarse,but now im going,my boys want to ride.I have NO reason to tell them no after watching that

Caribbean Jet
02-15-2006, 04:11 PM
If you go to http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/ its will also show you Ricky James riding. Ricky James was the guy that was hurt last year. The bike that there riding is his. It also talks about the kid that was hurt in the San Diego SX race. Its great to see these guys still doing what they love, I know that its been a while for Bailey.

Ziggy
Like I said before, I hadn't heard his name in such a long time, but man it is great inspiration to see him on a bike. Interesting devices they have to strap in his legs. :) :)

TOBTEK
Ive known david and his family since 1990,his brother and I raced for the same team as jetski racers.His bro and I traveled together across the counrty for years,his mom and dad,who are divorced,would come out the races.David would come out to the west coast races and sit in out pit,and hang out.My wife and I have been to about 5 new years eve parties at Davids.He has spoken many times that if he ever walked again he would get on a bike that day.That was a amazing video for me to watch.Last month I stopped at my friends shop to say hi,David was there with his son,I hung out and visited for a hour or so,they were working on that helmet he is wearing in the video,its a bailey replica of his JT helmet,its made by ONE.It was top secret,they are in limited suppy,Im getting one.I think in the video that was Shawn,Davids son,riding behind him,how special must that have been to ride with you dad,or your son,stuff we take for granted.Ive got some phone calls to make now,,,GREAT POST!!!steve
ISNT THAT AWESOME! saw it this morning at AP.....wheres my rhino tailgate alex :mad:

Racer277
Hey Keyes!
San Filipe looks good! I got a room hookup!
I'll have more details this weekend. Yeah!

77charger
02-15-2006, 04:14 PM
IMO one of the best riders ever.Could ride any size bike back in the day and make it look easy.

Racer277
02-15-2006, 04:14 PM
If you go to http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/ its will also show you Ricky James riding. Ricky James was the guy that was hurt last year. The bike that there riding is his. It also talks about the kid that was hurt in the San Diego SX race. Its great to see these guys still doing what they love, I know that its been a while for Bailey.
Even better! Cool, didn't know about the other vid and Rick James.
:)

Racer277
02-15-2006, 04:15 PM
how did you get rooms ??
Tony has 5 rooms. Do you want one? I'll request, but can't guarantee. i'll know next week if so.
Lemme know!

Mrs.Racer277
02-15-2006, 04:20 PM
thanks for the video,I wasnt gonna go to the desert this weekend,for selfish reasons of coarse,but now im going,my boys want to ride.I have NO reason to tell them no after watching that
Time to clean out your PM's. :) :)

Mrs.Racer277
02-15-2006, 04:23 PM
i would like my "pm" cleaned out !!! does it hurt ????? :cool:
It might leave a mark. :) :) :p

riverroyal
02-15-2006, 04:29 PM
Time to clean out your PM's. :) :)
im slowwwwwwwwwwww

riverroyal
02-15-2006, 04:31 PM
about 5 house down my street,my neighbor has Jimmy Button bike in his garage,the one he broke his neck on.They are friends,its bad karma bike,Jimmy doesnt want it home,and he wont sell it.So it sits.its very trick,but kinda creepy

Racer277
02-15-2006, 04:37 PM
I've discussed that at several shops I worked at.
My conclusion:
The bike is Pre-Disastered.
The odds of another disaster of epic consequences on the same bike is infintesimal.
Now many argue that with me.....

Mrs.Racer277
02-15-2006, 04:42 PM
did you get your freaking tattoo yet :cry: ?? (i know you've been busy), but i'll hold your hand when you're ready :rolleyes: - keyes
No still chicken. :cry: :cry: I hate needles. :cry: LOL I might take you up on that. :)

Dribble
02-15-2006, 05:30 PM
That's about the coolest thing I've seen in a long time.