PDA

View Full Version : Velocity Stacks?

WriedtStuff
06-28-2007, 09:06 AM
Anyone using them on their outboard? Do they really do anything? Do they make the motor sound any different?

Propster
06-28-2007, 01:12 PM
They don't do anything except make the motor louder and easier to injest water. No hp gain. They do look cool though.

Tom Brown
06-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Anyone using them on their outboard?
I took mine off but still have them.
Do they really do anything?
I didn't notice any performance gain, nor did I notice a loss.
Do they make the motor sound any different?
Yes. It will be substantially louder than if you run an air box.

Forkin' Crazy
07-02-2007, 01:35 PM
They don't do anything except make the motor louder and easier to injest water. No hp gain. They do look cool though.
Just because no one has noticed a hp gain doesn't mean there is not one. They infact do two things, stream line the air flow, and keep the air/fuel mixture in the intake track. There is a pulse where the fuel/air mixture is expelled out of the front of the carbs for a very short time until the reeds close.

tightithrash
07-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Just because no one has noticed a hp gain doesn't mean there is not one. They infact do two things, stream line the air flow, and keep the air/fuel mixture in the intake track. There is a pulse where the fuel/air mixture is expelled out of the front of the carbs for a very short time until the reeds close.
so get one or no? where can i get them?

Tom Brown
07-02-2007, 09:40 PM
I got mine from Bob's Machine. I put mine on myself in a few minutes but it would be much smarter to take your outboard off the boat, send it to Bob's, and have him mount the stacks for you.

WriedtStuff
07-03-2007, 10:29 AM
I got mine from Bob's Machine. I put mine on myself in a few minutes but it would be much smarter to take your outboard off the boat, send it to Bob's, and have him mount the stacks for you.
Your kidding....RIGHT?

Forkin' Crazy
07-04-2007, 11:20 PM
LMAO!!! :D :D :D :D

Faceaz
07-05-2007, 06:09 AM
I thought about putting them on mine, but Al over @ Stoker told me they won't make a difference unless you're turning over 7,000 to 7,500 rpm. I'm only turning 6,000, so it seems like they'de probably only be a water scoop for me.

kingsbiship
07-05-2007, 01:43 PM
I have a set that was made years ago I'll sell... they bolt on like the old
air box and are 2" long. Will sell with pumper style carbs or without! Also with or
without hi-po reeds and cages. Any interest?