PDA

View Full Version : need advice on this boat

kcvega
02-15-2006, 02:27 PM
looking at a 94 29' Profile. My wife loves the boat but I've heard some bad stuff about hull or fiberglass quality. Anyone have any input. This will be my first boat too.

Keith E. Sayre
02-15-2006, 02:53 PM
Since I've sold about 6 of them over the years, I think that I can answer
your questions for you. The 29' single engine is in my opinion the best rough
water boat with one motor in it that I've ever driiven. End of that story.
There's a 29' and I can't quite remember the owners name on hob boat but
it's something "paradigm" if I remember right. his name is andy. he'll help
you with any questions if you can find him. I have his number if you really
want it. You won't make the 29' Profile fast though. 502 goes about 60 mph, 700 blower hp and it goes about 75, just a big heavy very stable piece
of fiberglass. the tooling sometimes back in the 90's scared a few people off but one ride on a rough day and that'll do it. Andy runs with friends in a 29'
Warlock and a 28 Sleek and when it gets rough you'll see all 6 of them in the
Profile! maybe it's paradigm shift or something like that? The boat is a tank!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
928-680-1400

Quality Time
02-15-2006, 03:22 PM
There was a thread over on Offshoreonly.com about Profile boats. Suggest you take a look.

kcvega
02-15-2006, 05:26 PM
yeah I've read the OSO stuff, just wanted to post here to get some other opinions. I'll probably get something else that's just a tad smaller and easier to go faster. Thanks

spectras only
02-15-2006, 07:24 PM
Keith is right on about Profile , and yes I've read the story on speedwake about profiles too. I knew this fellow from Bellingham that had one with twin small blocks. Fit & finish wasn't up to west coast standards, but performed extremely well in heavy chop. At one of our pokerruns he was right up front with the big ballers . On the return leg he hit a log and took him 4.5 hours to get back on one engine. He loved that boat and never complained about it.
Try it on a sea trial , you'll like it :idea:
if you want to go smaller , a 24 Pantera would be a good alternative.

kcvega
02-15-2006, 07:41 PM
well I'm in Oklahoma so big water is really not a huge issue but I'll find something. I love the Eliminators but they're a bit pricey for me.

paradigm shift
02-15-2006, 08:14 PM
yeah I've read the OSO stuff, just wanted to post here to get some other opinions. I'll probably get something else that's just a tad smaller and easier to go faster. Thanks
Th 29' is big. Measures 29'2" not including swim step. If you want to go fast get something else unless you plan on doing bottom work. You will run in to a brick wall between 75 and 80 mph. The boat does not have the straightest lines or the best gel work but you get what you pay for if you buy it right.
I am a do it yourself person and I do most all my own work. I have a tendency to tear everything apart even when they are new. Drives the wife crazy at times. :argue: I have redone several things myself that could have been costly if I had to have them done. PM me if you really want some details.
Remember you are looking at a boat that is over 12 years old so do your home work and if you know the seller that is even better. On an older boat sometimes it is best to get a professional survey done of the boat if you know one you can trust. Unless you like to do things yourself I really suggest buy as new a boat as possible or you could find out what boat stands for real quick.
B= Break
0 = out
A = another
T = Thousand. :crossx:
All kidding aside we have enjoyed our profile. Everyone will comment on the ride. There is something to be said for no pad and a 23 degree v bottom other than they are not the fastest.
All this negative stuff is killing my resale :skull: but hey I do not plan on selling anytime soon anyway. If and when I sell this one it will be in better shape than it was new. Oh I know of a 96 27' profile with close to 2000hrs on it so they don't all fall apart. We are pushing 800hrs on ours.
Happy boat hunting. Now is a good time to be looking if you have cash. There are some deals to be had if you are willing to look.
Andy
I blame all my boat trouble on Keith!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :rollside: