PDA

View Full Version : Insurance / 24' Lavey with HP500

frdvschvy
06-28-2007, 01:03 PM
Hi Devin,
I currently have my 24' Lavey with HP500 insured through State Farm along with all the other stuff (cars, house, etc). I am beginning to think that State Farm might not be the best option for the boat. Picked up your business card at the LA boat show and seeing you here on the forum reminded me to ask :) . Curious what you might be able to put together.
Clean DMV record, 2nd boat, 27 years old, married, boat stored and used in Havasu.
Thanks,
Mike

Wozencraft
06-28-2007, 01:35 PM
Thanks for your inquire. As for setting up a package insurance deal, I'm certain I could. I am also a Farmers Insurance agent which allows me to offer their insurance packages (auto-home-life,etc). Currently Farmers is very aggresive in capturing business, nationwide. In most cases I've been able to set up a more attractive insurance program then what my clients had previously. I would be honored to look into setting your family up with a package deal as well. Is there a good time I could call you to discuss further?
Just curious, is the picture in your post your boat engine? Looks good.
Thanks for hunting us down at our booth in the LA Boat show and here in the forum.
Devin Wozencraft

Wozencraft
06-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Hi Devin,
I currently have my 24' Lavey with HP500 insured through State Farm along with all the other stuff (cars, house, etc). I am beginning to think that State Farm might not be the best option for the boat. Picked up your business card at the LA boat show and seeing you here on the forum reminded me to ask :) . Curious what you might be able to put together.
Clean DMV record, 2nd boat, 27 years old, married, boat stored and used in Havasu.
Thanks,
Mike
One other thing...you mentioning State Farms boat policy might not be your best option. Funny you should mention that. There have always been 3 items I found mysterious with State Farms boat policy (I may be speaking for other insurance agents that write boat insurance as well).
1. Valuation of the hull - Actual Cash Value or Agreed Value (or something else???) - What is it?
2. Uninsured/Underinsured Watercraft - Where is it???
3. No High Performance Boats allowed! - That is the wording in the agent program guide. Not sure where to begin with this one.
Mike, with you bringing this up, it has prompted me to start a new thread in my section to see if anyone has any feed back or input with the above 3 items. I feel these 3 items are highly important to understand if you are a State Farm policy holder (or thinking of becoming one).
Devin Wozencraft