PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have had your car stolen?

78Southwind
06-28-2007, 01:13 PM
How many of you have had your car stolen from the car wash? I went to get my car washed today and like usual I tell the attendant I am going to have lunch and will be back in 20 minutes. I come back and they bring me a similar car but itÂ’s not mine. Ten minutes after the attendant calls the companyÂ’s number that was on the personÂ’s keys he shows back up at the car wash.
Looking kind of dumb founded he says sorry and we are on our way.
This made me start thinking how easy it would be to have your car stolen from the car wash if youÂ’re not there watching your car the whole time.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-28-2007, 01:15 PM
Uhm....the guy who had your car did not notice it wasn't his?? :confused:

Miss Perfect
06-28-2007, 01:17 PM
I'm confused. How could someone not know that they were driving someone else's car? :idea:

ChumpChange
Never from the Car Wash but in my family we have had two vehicles stolen.
82 Toyota Supra
92 454 Suburban from an airport parking lot

squirt'nmyload
the other guy didn't know that he got the wrong car???? sounds like less than a man to me :D

Baja Big Dog
So your car didnt get stolen? Some guy got into YOUR car and drive it away, and didnt even notice until someone called him?
Thats an amazing story!
Which car wash was it, IM gonna want to avoid them!!

Angry Inch
06-28-2007, 01:19 PM
I've gotten into someone elseÂ’s car that was exactly like mine before. It was on the other side of the aisle in the parking lot at ralphs and they must have left it unlocked...that's all I can figure. But I knew something was up instantly, things were just wrong you know.
My car has been stolen too. They even left my lo-jack unit for me in my drivewayÂ…. :sqeyes:

78Southwind
06-28-2007, 01:20 PM
I wanted to get out of there so I didn't ask but I am assuming that it was a rental or company car.

Kilrtoy
06-28-2007, 01:27 PM
The last guy that tried to steal my vehicle came as close as you can to meeting JESUS, got the crap kicked out of him, and spent 18 months in the California Hotel system

78Southwind
06-28-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm confused. How could someone not know that they were driving someone else's car? :idea:
The key chain was completely different too. I had my Smith's card, San Bernardino County Library card and about 7 other keys on my key chain too. As soon as they handed me the other person's keys I knew it was going to be bad.

victorfb
06-28-2007, 01:38 PM
keep the one with the least miles on it. :D
so did they do a good wash job?

SMFRiverRat
06-28-2007, 01:41 PM
I had a Aunt do that some years back. (God rest her soul)
She pulled into a 7-11 to run in for something. Came back out and jumped into a car that she thought was hers. Never mind the fact that this car was a black Mercedes and hers was green. Drove most of the way home when she realized that her keys were on her wrist (she kept them on one of those lanyard things) and realized what she had done. She drove back and her car was where she left it but so was the owner of the car that she was driving and a cop taking a report. She said the owner was in shock and the cop was about to wet his pants he was laughing so hard. (hey she was about 80 years old at the time) No problem really. The owner was cool about the whole deal. We gave her grief about that until she passed on.

78Southwind
06-28-2007, 01:41 PM
So your car didnt get stolen? Some guy got into YOUR car and drive it away, and didnt even notice until someone called him?
Thats an amazing story!
Which car wash was it, IM gonna want to avoid them!!
Yep, I added stolen to get your attention.
However, it made me think how easy it would be to steal a car from a car wash.
My better half just looked up local rental car companies and found an AVIS right down the street from the car wash. So he must work for AVIS and was taking the car to get it washed after it was rented.

78Southwind
06-28-2007, 01:44 PM
keep the one with the least miles on it. :D
so did they do a good wash job?
Exactly, however the other Trail Blazer was an LS and didnÂ’t have a tow package. The wash job was ok but the Fish Tacos were great.

jbtrailerjim
06-28-2007, 01:46 PM
Never had a car stolen from the car wash but my wifes car was stolen from our old day care ladies house. A fellow Hot Boat member who posts occasionally here who just happens to be a Sheriff in my hood, found my wifes car with the assholes who stole it driving it!

78Southwind
06-28-2007, 01:48 PM
I had a Aunt do that some years back. (God rest her soul)
She pulled into a 7-11 to run in for something. Came back out and jumped into a car that she thought was hers. Never mind the fact that this car was a black Mercedes and hers was green. Drove most of the way home when she realized that her keys were on her wrist (she kept them on one of those lanyard things) and realized what she had done. She drove back and her car was where she left it but so was the owner of the car that she was driving and a cop taking a report. She said the owner was in shock and the cop was about to wet his pants he was laughing so hard. (hey she was about 80 years old at the time) No problem really. The owner was cool about the whole deal. We gave her grief about that until she passed on.
That's pretty funny. My Trailer Blazer is white and his is white but from a distance I thought it was mine.

RitcheyRch
06-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Never from the car wash but had one stolen from the house when lived in the SFV

Hallett19
06-28-2007, 02:22 PM
San Bernardino County Library card
Library card.... :D
Never from the car wash but had one stolen from the house when lived in the SFV
Thats weird, cars never get stolen out of there!!!

RitcheyRch
06-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Thankfully was recovered within about 5 hours of being reported stolen to the police. The car was found about 6 miles from the house.
Thats weird, cars never get stolen out of there!!!

VanDeano
06-28-2007, 02:27 PM
:mad: :mad: Had my boat stolen right in front of my house on FRIDAY of Memorial Weekend. That was 4 yrs ago and it still has not been found.

2Driver
06-28-2007, 02:47 PM
12 noon in San Diego parked in front row of K-mart on Clairmont Mesa Blvd.
Pulled to Mexicans out of my Toyota truck. They already had the ignition yanked.

HM
06-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Later had his boat stolen from the bottom of a lake after abondoning it for months. It is part of the wide spread conspiracy to steal boats from the bottom lakes that will cost more money to fix than to replace.

HM
06-28-2007, 02:56 PM
I had my Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 stolen from my driveway in Corona. It was stolen in the middle of the night, neighbor said he heard it drive away at about 2AM. I went to walk my dogs the next morning...walked down the driveway and started going down the street about 100ft...and did the "hey....where is my truck?" I think my ex-wife stole it.

TahitiTiger
06-28-2007, 02:57 PM
I had my 1966 fully restored VW Beetle convertible stollen out of my parents driveway in colledge.
On a different note when the Oldsmobile Cutlass Sierra was at its hight, my Mom walked out of the super market to her white cutlass. UNLOCKED it with the round key, but she could not figure out why the square key wouldn't start the car. Then she realized the interior was the wrong color, and it wasn't her car.

Mandelon
06-28-2007, 03:06 PM
I was bidding a job with a sub contractor one time. He asked me to go get him a hammer from his truck. So I go to look.
Hey where's that hammer?
In the tool box
Where's the tool box
In the truck
Where's the truck?
Uh oh....
It was an older Toyota pickup, never recovered, but he did get a parking ticket mailed to him from somewhere in San Francisco...nice police work eh??
Turns out he'd left the keys accidently hanging out of the lock on the tool box. Total crime of opportunity.

bilgewiper
06-28-2007, 03:07 PM
I got a relative who owned a auto repair bussiness years ago and went to pick up a regular customers car in a Hospital parking lot for service. Owner said to just use the key hidden in the aircleaner (mid 60's Corvair). He did a tune/up etc on it but the owner never came to pick it up. Week or two later he finally got the owner on the phone who said she figured he was busy and didn't get around to picking up cause she was still driving it. He had to call the Sherriff's dept to report that he accidentally stole a Corvair, but he did tune it up. Everyone had a laugh.
Back in the 70's I spent time working in a full Service station and can remember about 1/4 the cars we replaced air filters on had a spare key hidden in the Air Cleaner. It was such a perfect place..........one wingnut and you had acccess.

HM
06-28-2007, 03:20 PM
I had my 1966 fully restored VW Beetle stollen out of my parents driveway in colledge.
I be a colledge gradute two. :D

RiverOtter
06-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Mine was stolen while I was drinking my coffee with my back to the window :o got it back a month later. Guy has been in jail on other charges so we (2+ years later) still haven't gone to court over it :rolleyes:

CarBizIndio
06-28-2007, 03:26 PM
I had my Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 stolen from my driveway in Corona. It was stolen in the middle of the night, neighbor said he heard it drive away at about 2AM. I went to walk my dogs the next morning...walked down the driveway and started going down the street about 100ft...and did the "hey....where is my truck?" I think my ex-wife stole it.
who would blame her, you look like a sucker, could you donate $300 to me ya tool?

rrrr
06-28-2007, 04:01 PM
I had my 1966 fully restored VW Beetle convertible stollen out of my parents driveway in colledge.
On a different note when the Oldsmobile Cutlass Sierra was at its hight, my Mom walked out of the super market to her white cutlass. UNLOCKED it with the round key, but she could not figure out why the square key wouldn't start the car. Then she realized the interior was the wrong color, and it wasn't her car.
:D :D
My ex-father in law did that. He liked to drink a bit (:D) and got into a Caddy with the door key, car wouldn't start. He looked in the mirror, noticed the back seat was full of Christmas presents and he's thinking "Who the phuck put those Xmas presents in my car?"
:D :D :D

40FlatDeck
06-28-2007, 04:03 PM
I be a colledge gradute two. :D
:D

Baja Big Dog
06-28-2007, 04:35 PM
who would blame her, you look like a sucker, could you donate $300 to me ya tool?
Anyone got an idea what the hell "Tool" means?

HM
06-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Puhleaze. I wouldn't give you $300 donation for the tombstone of your dead father. Bruce was his name? Is it true they gave him the death penalty for creating a piece of shit that even a dung beetle would have nothing to do with?

78Southwind
06-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Anyone got an idea what the hell "Tool" means?
I'll give it a shot ........don't "Tools" get used.....

Mountainstone
06-29-2007, 06:47 AM
Had my '86 Monte Carlo SS stolen from my apartment. The cops found it two days later where all the stolen/stripped cars wind up. The thieves used the tools that I kept in the trunk to steal my engine, transmission, and stereo.
Damn; that might be the car I miss the most...