PDA

View Full Version : What to do in Telluride, Ridgway, Ouray?

2Driver
06-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Never been but we are going. Anything on the "do not miss" list?
50 degrees at night can't wait. :)

rrrr
06-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Bridal Veil falls above Telluride.....drive to Ophir and take the jeep trail over to Silverton. You can then head North on 550 and circle through Ouray and back to Telluride. Beautiful drive.

soupersonic
06-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Take the jeep tour like he said. Its Badazz :D

superdave013
06-28-2007, 04:22 PM
I know what I'd be doing.
Some of the best mountain biking in the US is right there.

2Driver
06-29-2007, 08:49 AM
Thanks, then I am going to take the new Gary Fisher 29'r

soupersonic
06-29-2007, 08:55 AM
If you stay in Ouray check to see which hotels have hot tubs, the one we stayed at had natural hot spring fed wooded tubs outside that were completely awesome.

RiverOtter
06-29-2007, 11:12 AM
I have been chomping at the bit to do some mountain biking in that part of the country

Sleek-Jet
06-29-2007, 11:21 AM
Ouray (and it's pronounced you-ray.... not oo-ray)... gotta do the hotsprings...
Then take a Jeep over Blackbear pass into Telluride... watch all the pretty people... the town is chockablock full of good places to drink...
Then get back in the Jeep and head over Ophir pass into Silverton... and drink some more... If you plan on being there on the 4th, they have just about the best fireworks show.
You could then park the Jeep and ride the train into Durango... then go to Steamworks Brewery...

rrrr
06-29-2007, 11:27 AM
Yeppers.....it's a great area to fool around in. Just south of Ophir about 20 miles or so is Trout Lake, rent a little boat and go trout fishing.

Hopdaddie
06-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Has some killer mtn bike trails. They use to have world class competitions in them there hills. Used to have a Toboggan type ride too. That was a blast for the kiddos. Us Big Kids had fun on it too :D :D
All around God's country up their for sure

BshyBvrGirl
06-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Ouray (and it's pronounced you-ray.... not oo-ray)... gotta do the hotsprings...
Then take a Jeep over Blackbear pass into Telluride... watch all the pretty people... the town is chockablock full of good places to drink...
Then get back in the Jeep and head over Ophir pass into Silverton... and drink some more... If you plan on being there on the 4th, they have just about the best fireworks show.
You could then park the Jeep and ride the train into Durango... then go to Steamworks Brewery...
put that trip on our calendar of "to-do's":D

2Driver
06-29-2007, 01:48 PM
That's going on the list.

Mardonzi
06-30-2007, 07:14 AM
Gotta check out Handlebars in Silverton.. Great "oysters"
The Scenery between Silverton and Ouray is worth the drive. As far as the hotsprings go, if you don't want to brave the crowds at the public springs, you can go a couple of miles north to Orvis Hot Springs. Its clothing optional, but nice, quiet, and very relaxing.
Like Sleek said, Steamworks is a definate.. as well as Scootin Blues.
We try to get around that area a couple of times a year. Long overdue..