PDA

View Full Version : that Cop was a Dummy!

badbrad
06-28-2007, 03:58 PM
drove thru Searchlight a couple of days ago and saw a cop car with a "person" in it. I pulled a u-turn to "get directions" got a close look and there was a "dummy" in the drivers seat. Next time thru Searchlight I'm going to epoxy a box o donuts and a couple of 7-11 coffee cups to the roof.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-28-2007, 04:00 PM
Been there for years.....

pw_Tony
06-28-2007, 04:00 PM
yup its a dummy..... Dont phase me son!:D

RiverToysJas
06-28-2007, 04:02 PM
drove thru Searchlight a couple of days ago and saw a cop car with a "person" in it. I pulled a u-turn to "get directions" got a close look and there was a "dummy" in the drivers seat.
So how many times did you repeat your question for directions before you realized he was the dummy?
RTJas :D

badbrad
06-28-2007, 04:03 PM
I did let my dog take a piss on the car

RitcheyRch
06-28-2007, 04:11 PM
The local Sheriff Dept always puts a car on Magic Mountain Pkwy with a dummy in it. I called them once and told them they needed to go move the car with the dummy in it. They kept telling me they didnt have one of those dummies. I told them well, just wanted to let you know that some young kids were trying to break into the car and take the dummy so you might end up with an officer taking hostage if you dont get out there.
Went by there about 30 minutes later and the car was gone.

Boatcop
06-28-2007, 04:14 PM
We set one of those up across from the County Park many years ago. Trying to get people to slow down on that straight stretch.
Someone stole the hubcaps.
We haven't done it since.

Fire Angler
06-28-2007, 04:20 PM
We set one of those up across from the County Park many years ago. Trying to get people to slow down on that straight stretch.
That is classic! :D

HM
06-28-2007, 04:30 PM
You needed a Bilge Idiot original animated dummy!

Tom Brown
06-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Next time, go with the spike mats. I think you'll find them more effective.

Jbb
06-28-2007, 05:36 PM
It was Newbomb Turk.................Knights rule!
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34045&stc=1&d=1183080999

dicudmore
06-28-2007, 05:44 PM
yeah that dummy has been there a long time...they dress it up all sorts of different ways--male/female blonde/brown etc. Move it from spot to spot too. Every now and again you'll roll through that area and find that there is a REAL cop in the car instead...trust me...

MADDOG355
06-28-2007, 05:44 PM
A few years ago the State Troopers used to steal the hubcaps off the local city units when they would catch them at the I Hop. :D :D

***boateditor
06-28-2007, 06:08 PM
drove thru Searchlight a couple of days ago and saw a cop car with a "person" in it. I pulled a u-turn to "get directions" got a close look and there was a "dummy" in the drivers seat. Next time thru Searchlight I'm going to epoxy a box o donuts and a couple of 7-11 coffee cups to the roof.
That's really, really mean. Contributing to the obesity of an effigy. Honestly! :D

adjones419
06-28-2007, 06:14 PM
Super Troopers, anyone?

badbrad
06-28-2007, 06:16 PM
what about jacking the car up and putting it on cinder blocks?

Mattman
06-28-2007, 07:02 PM
If we had HB members stickers we could tag the hell out of it...

AZJD
06-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Do you realize what I would have done to a cop car with a dummy in it if I had found it back when I was like 29?:D
Oh the pics I would have from that..........:devil:

Boatcop
06-28-2007, 07:55 PM
They were cheap hubcaps! Want um back?:D
Rio
Nah.
I think they were from Caprices, and we're running CVs now.
Maybe some car biz dude from Indio can sell them at his car auction for a couple thousand $$ each.

Jordy
06-28-2007, 07:58 PM
yeah that dummy has been there a long time...they dress it up all sorts of different ways--male/female blonde/brown etc. Move it from spot to spot too. Every now and again you'll roll through that area and find that there is a REAL cop in the car instead...trust me...
They used to do that between Boulder City and Henderson as well. Would even have a radar gun on so the detector would go off. They'd leave it there for a couple days until nobody bothered to slow down, then would have a few real cars just lined up waiting and they'd write tickets as fast as they could scribble them out, one after the other. :D

boatsnblondes
06-28-2007, 08:00 PM
This thread cracks me up!!! Go ahead, epoxy the donuts and coffe tot he roof!!! Take a few pics and post them here....that would be classic...!!!!!

Boatcop
06-28-2007, 08:02 PM
They used to do that between Boulder City and Henderson as well. Would even have a radar gun on so the detector would go off. They'd leave it there for a couple days until nobody bothered to slow down, then would have a few real cars just lined up waiting and they'd write tickets as fast as they could scribble them out, one after the other. :D
Back when I was rookie in '88, we didn't have the funds for radar guns. This old Deputy (he was about 60) would park on the side of the road and point his wife's old (black) blow dryer out the patrol car window.
We'd laugh our asses off watching people slamming on their brakes when they saw him. :D :D :D

77charger
06-28-2007, 08:10 PM
They have one in kanab utah also i see it every year on the way to powell

laveydayz
06-28-2007, 08:19 PM
Same deal in Boulder City when you first come into town. Usually the dummy but there are times when its the real deal. Sure gets your attention though!

djunkie
06-28-2007, 08:24 PM
It was Newbomb Turk.................Knights rule!
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34045&stc=1&d=1183080999
"Lawrence, Lawrence of Arabia!!!" :D :D

badbrad
06-29-2007, 12:55 PM
should i put real donuts on the car so birds will have a feast and shite on the car? what about a nice coyote turd on the roof?

Cheap Thrills
06-29-2007, 01:18 PM
I thought they all had dummies in them. :idea:
.J/K
Sorry , it was a cheap shot. I had to take it. :D
T.

Jyruiz
06-29-2007, 01:32 PM
Somebody needs to take apicture.

ColeTR2
06-29-2007, 02:30 PM
There nothing funny about a crime but for some reason this made me LOL!

badbrad
06-29-2007, 02:37 PM
I took a pic with my phone but turned out like chit next time thru I'll try and take a pic.

badbrad
06-29-2007, 02:38 PM
I played lost tourist and after knocking on the window I figured it out.