PDA

View Full Version : New Toy for Someone...

JB in so cal
06-28-2007, 05:38 PM
http://www.aero-news.net/images/content/genav/2007/thejet-2.jpg
http://www.aero-news.net/images/content/genav/2007/thejet-4.jpg
http://www.aero-news.net/images/content/genav/2007/thejet-3.jpg
Top News
Cirrus Unveils Mockup Of V-Tailed, Single-Engine Personal Jet
Thu, 28 Jun '07
Shown To Customers Wednesday; Public Unveiling Thursday Afternoon
"the-jet"... is here. On Wednesday, Cirrus Design Corporation fulfilled its promise to a select group of customers by giving them the world's first look at "the-jet" -- the most anticipated new aircraft in the company's history. Each guest had placed a $100,000 deposit for their first "personal" jet.
The companyÂ’s tight control of the project was evidenced even further by the fact its own employees who were not directly working on the project were not able to see "the-jet" until hours before the depositors' showing Wednesday night. The rest of the world got its first peek at "the-jet" mockup at a special event held at the company's Duluth, MN headquarters Thursday afternoon.
"We're calling it a 'personal jet', not because of its size but because it's a natural extension of our SR22 line," said Cirrus co-founder and CEO Alan Klapmeier. "Like the SR22, 'the-jet' is designed to be owner flown and it will be loaded with innovative features, including the Cirrus Airframe Parachute System. While it's technologically advanced, it's designed to be exceptionally easy to fly, offering customers the opportunity to grow into yet another lifestyle change with Cirrus."
Most striking about "the-jet's" shape is the v-tail empennage arrangement, to make room for the single Williams turbofan, carried atop the raked fuselage in a smoothly integrated fairing. The lines of the fuselage carry forward to a bulbous roofline over the cockpit, which offers seating for a pilot and four adult passengers -- one in the right seat, and three behind.
What's more, seating is configurable for as many as seven passengers, including smaller seats for children, in a configuration Cirrus calls "five-plus."
"We are in the early design and development phase and didnÂ’t want to limit ourselves in any way. It is also important that any data we released was absolutely accurate," said co-founder and Vice Chairman Dale Klapmeier.
Cirrus says there are many more details to be announced, and information will be released as they are finalized.
"The information we were trying to protect during the past years of product development was the unusual amount of versatility and flexibility that has been incorporated into an airplane of this size," Vice President of Advanced Development Mike Van Staagen said. "The flexibility is even more surprising given this airplane is designed specifically for a single owner/operator.
"The design is precisely configured to maximize flexibility for the owner," he added. "Mountain bikes, camping equipment, golf clubs, skis, bigger families, antique spinning wheel? No problem! 'the-jet' will deliver more value because its cavernous interior accommodates very diverse usage, and while doing this all at about 300 kts."

rrrr
06-28-2007, 05:41 PM
I'm talking to my CPA about this tomorrow......
He's a pilot too so I expect a favorable recommendation. :D :D

Magic34
06-28-2007, 11:37 PM
The Cirrus regatta (or whatever the pilot guys call it) happened this week in MN and that is why they announced it this week.
I hired a guy with a Cirrus and he is up there for the events in his plane here from PHX. He told me a few weeks ago that is is going to cost around 1 mil.
Looks better than their other campbell soup cans with wings.

INSman
06-29-2007, 07:30 AM
The Cirrus regatta (or whatever the pilot guys call it) happened this week in MN and that is why they announced it this week.
I hired a guy with a Cirrus and he is up there for the events in his plane here from PHX. He told me a few weeks ago that is is going to cost around 1 mil.
Looks better than their other campbell soup cans with wings.
Does not seem bad for 1 mil with seating for 5+. I am getting my pilots license for sure next year. :D

USCFAN
06-29-2007, 07:33 AM
One can only dream........

INSman
06-29-2007, 07:37 AM
One can only dream........
Not really, especially if you get a pertnership together to share expenses and such. It would make sense to quite a few I am thinking, hopefully one being myself and a few close friends I have that either already fly and/or will be shortly. The seating capacity is a huge deal ...:D

MOBrien
06-29-2007, 08:17 AM
only 300kts? Are they going to offer higher performing power options? Seems a bit underpowered for $1M. :idea:

HM
06-29-2007, 08:18 AM
Does not seem bad for 1 mil with seating for 5+. I am getting my pilots license for sure next year. :D
You should see the Cessna Mustang VLJ. Is close to twice the price, but looks worth it. 6 seater with a higher load capacity and longer range - and the ability to poop behind a curtain if needed.:idea:
I am working on a pilots license. I figure by the time I get it, I could probably pick one up in a co-ownership deal. Alot of people don't realize how easy it is to own one of these....deprectiation is almost non-existant so even leases are highly attractive. The expensive part is maintenance and storage, but, because you can keep these at the small airfields...that cost is dramatically reduced. The VLJ's are great alternatives to Fractional Ownership of the larger planes with a face value of $25 million.

Baja Big Dog
06-29-2007, 08:32 AM
Does it come with Playstation?

Big Warlock
06-29-2007, 08:39 AM
V tail = guaranteed problems!