PDA

View Full Version : Sensitive Special Forces Sniper

moneypit
02-15-2006, 03:23 PM
December 9, 2005
While interviewing an anonymous US Special Forces soldier on his sniper skills, a Reuters News agent asked the soldier what he felt when shooting members of Al Qaeda in Afghanistan. The soldier shrugged and replied, "Recoil."

LAFD
02-15-2006, 03:28 PM
exactly what i would of said. hell yeah.

wsuwrhr
02-15-2006, 03:47 PM
December 9, 2005
While interviewing an anonymous US Special Forces soldier on his sniper skills, a Reuters News agent asked the soldier what he felt when shooting members of Al Qaeda in Afghanistan. The soldier shrugged and replied, "Recoil."
What a fuking idiot. Media is one of the problems we have in this country.
Good answer for a stupid media question. WTF do you think most soldiers feel?
They are all doing a job they signed up for.
Brian

Rexone
02-15-2006, 03:55 PM
What a fuking idiot. Media is one of the BIGGEST problems we have in this country.
Good answer for a stupid media question. WTF do you think most soldiers feel?
They are all doing a job they signed up for.
Brian
:)

Froggystyle
02-15-2006, 04:22 PM
That may have happenned again recently, but it was first coined by a freind of mine who is a SEAL off the East coast. He was asked the question after he had earned a large number of confirmed kills during the attack on Panama. He was sniping from an overwatch position and protecting a whole platoon holed up in the governors mansion. Rebels were getting zapped from a very long distance away, at night and in large quantities.
It was Reuters though, and the response was accurate.

Biglue
02-15-2006, 04:26 PM
Still gotta love that response though.

piper
02-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Good answer!! :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Kilrtoy
02-15-2006, 05:16 PM
I dont care who said it. GOD BLESS THEM and that is the best thing I heard all day

vdrivenman
02-16-2006, 04:03 AM
i agree with Kilrtoy on this our Service Men & Women should not even stoop to talking to new media they never print what you say !
Heaven is a Green Light !

purrfecttremor
02-16-2006, 04:25 AM
Hell YEA That was the only answer He could have given. He's doing His job
AND WE MUST SUPPORT OUR MILITARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red Horse
02-16-2006, 04:56 AM
Recoil Hell Yeah.
what most dont understand is that is what we are trained for...FOR YEARS and when we get to do it, it is good to us. All of the mindless recalls, all of the bag drags, all of the late night phone calls finally mean we get to do our job!!!. It is very annoying when the readiness people say you have to qualify again on your service weapon and you have to shoot at is paper targets. Oh boy when we have a misson. Those of you that are not or never have been in the military do not have an idea of what it is like to practice for the big dance so much, wait for the hot girl and then finally get the chance to do your thing. And when you do it is ON BABY. Every one of my military brothers,what ever branch I have your back and I know you have mine. To all you REAL Americans that support the armed forces, I salute you in your patriotism. To the rest, KISS MY ASS. Sorry for the rant, I am drinking and away from home serving my country so yall can enjoy your freedoms, plus it is my anniversary. 4 years to a good woman. Military wife is really the hardest job out there. specially to a ground pounder. Or ex ground pounder. Once a flax jacker wearer always a flax jacker wearer!!! :cool:

scarabrick2
02-16-2006, 06:27 AM
Well Said!!!
X Navy (UCT-2)