PDA

View Full Version : Finally going back together!!!

72 superlite
09-25-2003, 10:12 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1099reassembly2.jpg I just might see the lake next summer

GofastRacer
09-26-2003, 05:28 AM
Very sweet!.. :cool: :cool:

Morg
09-26-2003, 06:47 AM
Very very nice.
Is the floor paint or gelcoat??
What did you do to the prop. shaft thru hull. It almost looks moulded to the floor??
Morg.

72 superlite
09-26-2003, 07:00 AM
The floor is paint. The through hull is fiberglassed and bolted through the floor to the one piece strutshroud. It works, as my dad originally rigged this boat 30 years ago and ran it in the UFF class. I found it a few years ago and got it back. It had some stress cracks in the floor, but nothing around the shaftlog. Dad was even impressed with the way his glass job has held up. The hull is a 72 Sanger Superlite 1" runner bottom. I'll post a pic of the strut for those of you who may not have seen it before. Thanks for the compliments, Rick

72 superlite
09-26-2003, 07:28 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/1099strut.jpg ok so heres the strut. Its aluminum, two pieces. The hull was laid up with a recess for it. My dad then bolted it up and molded it in with bondo(remember this was 1972). The four front bolts( 2 on each side ) go through the bottom of the boat and through the shaft log, which was then fiberglassed to the floor. The strut was made up here in Wa. by Bobby Reed, and I have gotten mixed stories on how many were made. I'm told one is still kicking around Sanger Boats. I think the Mudhen boat ran one back in the day. Its an unusual piece, I know, but it sure is cool to have dads one off boat back in the family. By the way it did run 120 something in '74 at Capital Lake in Olympia, in the uff class, with an injected 427 chev. All the original pieces of the rigging are still there, all made with a drillpress, bandsaw and file, from Boeing surplus aluminum, and polished by hand by dad.

09-26-2003, 08:34 PM
Rick....Its lookin' good. Two thumbs up!

CircleJerk
09-30-2003, 11:49 AM
rick, that enclosed strut is the real deal! I saw Jeff Gibsons Struttin record setting Bezer last weekend and if flys even on the corners. You have a valuable piece of history even if your Dad didnt own it. I'm sure you knew that anyway. Those project pictures were very cool and I only wished we had more time to bench race. However, if you get to Banks next year we may even see who can hold their beers better at the new Cantina!That boats Georgeous, no pun intended.....probably fast too..........JErKopps smile_sp