PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Jet would be...

SnakeCharmer
06-29-2007, 01:32 PM
A fun little TOY!! :D
http://www.riverjetmagazine.com/fusetalk/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=74&threadid=15028
There all good!...But 4 is sick!

pw_Tony
06-29-2007, 01:37 PM
Those Aluminum hulls are just so much more superior than our old Big Block Pig boats....:D
Does that one come in a tunnel for under $60000?:D :D :D

biggraypig
06-29-2007, 07:57 PM
That is some of the best vid I have ever seen. I want one.

YeLLowBoaT
06-29-2007, 08:23 PM
its a damn shame those things are $$$$$ I would buy one in a heart beat if it was not for the very large price tag.

GunninGopher
06-29-2007, 08:50 PM
How can that boat cost much?
You can tell by the sound that it has a jet ski motor and it is only 10'. There is no way that boat is 60k.
It almost looked like they were preferring the shallower water. Looks like fun.

pw_Tony
06-29-2007, 08:52 PM
He was answering to my sarcastic comment:D

YeLLowBoaT
06-29-2007, 09:20 PM
go look at the prices of tin boats...( even the fishing ones.) you will see what I mean.

Aluminum Squirt
06-29-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm not sure where the $60K price comment came from but there are used aluminum boats with V8 power that don't cost too much. I got my 15 1/2' with a SBC, OT Rewarders, Legend pump, and place diverter for $12K. It wasn't in perfect shape but pretty good. Everything worked, did 65MPH + with a very mild SBC and will run in under 4" of water all day. It's not that we prefer shallow water, its about reading the river and taking the best line you can or challenging yourself running a different line. When you are racing its about reading the current and the pressure waves. You want the fastest line, not necesarily the shortest. Like racing a motorcycle, you want to stay out of the air so you can deliver your HP to the water. Up river is probably a totally different line than down river. There was a race here in Norcal a few years ago that one particular driver deliberately cut through the bushes (over land) each time through, it worked for him. Its the best boating in the world, minimal other boat traffic. It's really driving. Out on the lake you have to worry about wakes and lake lice. Of course you need to know how to drive, trim your boat etc, but on the river you have to deal with all of that plus reading the river, turns, speed, stopping points, a bunch of stuff. Its like the difference between drag racing and road racing. I happen to prefer the road racing so I like running the rivers. Not to take anything away from those excellent videos, but there are many an aluminum boat that can handle water that shallow, even some bigger boats that in the right hands could tackle it. You will not be dissappointed with an aluminum boat. They are not cheap but the durability, speed, repaiability, and uniqueness are worth it. Think of it this way, you'll never rot another stringer and you'll never be itching all over with the fiberglass itchies again. All you need is a big hammer or a small welder to make repairs. Take a ride and you'll buy one-Aluminum Squirt

SnakeCharmer
06-29-2007, 11:24 PM
A little more ;)
http://www.nzjetboating.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=6672.0