PDA

View Full Version : So who's the Playcraft dealer here?

clownpuncher
06-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Need some info like what models are available, power etc:D

Sigus
06-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Need some info like what models are available, power etc:D
Friend of mine owns Shimmer Marine who is the west coast rep for Playcraft. They are located in Havasu just across from Windsor Launch ramp.
Are you looking for performance or bling? Mike has been putting them together with twin Honda or Suzuki outboards. From what I understand these things really haul the mail and get great fuel consumption.
Or you go with the 350 Bravo package and get around 45MPH loaded. 26 foot is the most common size.
We have been toying with the ideal of getting one as second boat. Probably be with the twin setup.

clownpuncher
06-29-2007, 08:15 PM
I'm thinking neither speed nor bling are important for this boat. I just want a quality toon to play with on the lower river. Don't know if they make a 20-22 footer.

BigDoug
06-29-2007, 09:08 PM
We just bought an 06 24ft. (sport edition) with a 220 hp v-6 i/o ......it does 41 mph and gets awesome fuel mileage, we absolutely love this tritoon, i can't wait to hit the water now and look forward to it cause the ease of loading and unloading is nice. :D

Mattman
06-29-2007, 09:13 PM
Do you guys know how high it sits on the trailer...curious to see if one would fit in my garage in Havi.

clownpuncher
06-29-2007, 10:07 PM
We just bought an 06 24ft. (sport edition) with a 220 hp v-6 i/o ......it does 41 mph and gets awesome fuel mileage, we absolutely love this tritoon, i can't wait to hit the water now and look forward to it cause the ease of loading and unloading is nice. :D
That sounds more like it. I'm even thinking of a 22 footer with an OB.
The only upgrades I might do is a sound system and polish the toons:D

Sigus
06-30-2007, 06:27 AM
I am pretty sure they can make anything length or level of niceties that fit your desire. What I have noticed about the toons that he sells are they are usually loaded with goodies.
You may want to consider powder coating over polishing I have heard the polishing can be a bear to maintain, looks great though.