PDA

View Full Version : RC car guys. I have a question.

thumbs
06-29-2007, 08:55 PM
Is this a good truck? I would want to run it around in the dirt and sand.
http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/jato33/trx_jato33.htm
I can get one for $370.

thumbs
06-29-2007, 08:58 PM
Maybe a truck?
http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/revo/revo33/trx_revo33.htm

djunkie
06-29-2007, 09:30 PM
I've got the Rustler. Like any rc car it breaks but the parts are fairly cheap and it hauls ass. Does good on dirt but if the ground is too bumpy the thing is all over the place. Depending on the terrain you plan on using it on you may want to get one of the bigger ones.

dmontzsta
06-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Traxxas are pretty dang good out of the box. I bought my son a Stampede, he really enjoys it and beats the shit out of it, nothing has broken so far.

djunkie
06-29-2007, 09:47 PM
Traxxas are pretty dang good out of the box. I bought my son a Stampede, he really enjoys it and beats the shit out of it, nothing has broken so far.
I was pretty impressed with mine. Although I have broke almost every part on it at least once. But the parts are cheap and easy to get which makes it nice. The motor has never missed a beat though.

dmontzsta
06-29-2007, 10:03 PM
I was pretty impressed with mine. Although I have broke almost every part on it at least once. But the parts are cheap and easy to get which makes it nice. The motor has never missed a beat though.
Have you done any upgrades? I bought him the RPM bumper, bearing carriers and bigger bearings.

djunkie
06-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Have you done any upgrades? I bought him the RPM bumper, bearing carriers and bigger bearings.
Nope. It definately doesn't need to go faster.

rlemn8r
06-29-2007, 10:13 PM
I have a revo 3.3 with a two speed tranny. It hauls butt, and lot's of suspension for rough terrain. Totally turn key and never a problem...

djunkie
06-29-2007, 10:15 PM
I have a revo 3.3 with a two speed tranny. It hauls butt, and lot's of suspension for rough terrain. Totally turn key and never a problem...
My buddy has that same one. That thing is a beast and will crawl over trees. Not quite as fast as mine but its better for rougher terrain.

Cheap Thrills
06-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Back in the mid 90s I Had a Traxxas Nitro Stampede. Was an awesome little toy. The only thing I would suggest if purchasing one would be to get an extra set of A-arms for it. If you run it alot you Will break one.
The only other problem I ever had was the one way bearing on the starter.
Good Luck.
T.

DUCKY
06-29-2007, 10:56 PM
A friend of mine has a Jato and it has been pretty tough. Can't remeber if it came with ball bearings, but if not, get them and titanium tie rods.

Big Inch
06-30-2007, 12:34 AM
Jato is a great truck but I would recommend the Revo.

Jerrys59
06-30-2007, 03:08 AM
Stay away from the duratrax warhead. I have one but had to do lots to make it work. New motor EB MODS OS 30 then added supercharger and all kind of other stuff. Got it where it works good now, many $$$ later.
I also have a Traxxes Jato. That thing is a kick ass little truck! Like everything
else, I cant leave it alone.

Jerrys59
06-30-2007, 03:17 AM
more pics, Yhe yellow one is my brothers Traxxes T MAX

dirtmoverjeff
06-30-2007, 06:36 AM
my son has a revo 3.3 for sale. he now runs my truggy let me know if your intrested

Kenosobby
06-30-2007, 07:12 AM
I dont know how much you plan on running one or care to work on it..But personally I dont run any of mine much at all just due to having to mess with the engine all the time..but I am seriously considering one of these.. its alot bigger and I would imagine the engine is alot more stable and hassle fre compared to many of the nitro motors.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLJV6&P=6

cougar27mtr
06-30-2007, 07:39 AM
Yeah those gas ones are sweet. Once you get the dialed in all you need to do is go to the gas station with some 2 stroke oil and you can run for hours. Those nitro cars it is like 25 bucks per gallon as oppose to 3.15 per gallon. I want one too. Saw some at the sand and sport show last year but just could not get myself to get one yet. I have a savage that runs awesome but I never have time to play with it.

thumbs
06-30-2007, 07:48 AM
my son has a revo 3.3 for sale. he now runs my truggy let me know if your intrested
Never thought about a used one. Truck only or all the goodies I need to get goinging?

Racey
06-30-2007, 08:18 AM
Break it in nice and easy, let that sucker idle an entire tank. seems like that is the most important thing to do with those nitro motors.

Jerrys59
06-30-2007, 08:52 AM
Is this a good truck? I would want to run it around in the dirt and sand.
http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/jato33/trx_jato33.htm
I can get one for $370.
Thats a good price i think

djunkie
06-30-2007, 09:46 AM
Break it in nice and easy, let that sucker idle an entire tank. seems like that is the most important thing to do with those nitro motors.
Thats what I did. The instructions are good on the break in. I've never had to touch any adjustments on my motor. It runs like a raped ape and I've probably ran a gallon and a half worth of nitro through it.

Jerrys59
06-30-2007, 10:15 AM
I always make sure to use the after run oil when im finished running if its going to be out of use for a while.

essexjet
06-30-2007, 10:17 AM
I have a revo 3.3 and its a good ready to run truck. I sense then upgraded to the losi 8ight-T truggy. now that's a serious rc car :)

Big Kahunaa
06-30-2007, 11:14 AM
i have the jato 3.3 it is cool but if you ever want to go to the track get the revo the jato does not turn well at all mine is getting padels on it and is goin to glamis with me only i just broke in my new 8ight-t last night boy is that one kick ass truck i love it

Big Kahunaa
06-30-2007, 11:19 AM
i idle 3 tanks in my 8ight-t last night and two tanks driving it rich and then started leaning it down

thumbs
06-30-2007, 11:41 AM
I just got back from picking up a Jato 3.3. Break in starts shortly.
RTR should be ARTR (Almost Ready To Run).

Jerrys59
06-30-2007, 05:23 PM
I just got back from picking up a Jato 3.3. Break in starts shortly.
RTR should be ARTR (Almost Ready To Run).
well, hang on and break it in like the book says. get her up to about 250 degrees, try to keep it under that. about 5 tanks of fuel. no hard core for a while like the BOOK says.
forget about the body, you will kill it doing wheelies.:D I run 30% always

scooooter7
06-30-2007, 06:26 PM
I like the bright green paint, how did you get that color?
If you step up the % ratio you can't go back.
I say go to the local track and see what the top racers are using and go with that one.

Jerrys59
06-30-2007, 06:39 PM
I like the bright green paint, how did you get that color?
If you step up the % ratio you can't go back.
I say go to the local track and see what the top racers are using and go with that one.
got it at ACE Hardware. works just as good as the pactra model paint and you get a huge can. Kind of limited on some colors.

CMac
07-01-2007, 08:32 AM
If you get smooth water much, try one of these.
Still breaking mine in. Re-propped it too. Not sure how fast it will go till I get it dialed in.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&P=SM&I=LXMUN8**
First run on video at lake Powell, SLOW!!!
http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m240/cmacci/Videos/?action=view&current=Breakingitin.flv

Hallett19
07-01-2007, 08:43 AM
I have a traxxas revo 3.3, pretty good truck, its fun in the dirt and on the pavement, it goes pretty quick. I romped it yesterday for the first time and it falls apart pretty easy, eaiser than the 2.5's my friend has, and its not as fast either:( Although I did not need to replace any parts, I was wrenching on it as much as I was running it.
I also think I stripped my reverse gear.....
You will be working on these things, but that is half the fun, but that Jato HAULS MAIL!!!

cave
07-01-2007, 08:47 AM
Here is a place that you can ask question about your truck. Upgrades what breaks most where to race things like that.
http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=348
These motors are very similar to a 2 stroke engine in a dirt bike. to break them in you need to let it get warm then shut it off. Let it cool down then restart it . Cycle it this way a full tank. Dont let it run for the entire tank.
I used to race them here in Scottsdale AZ. I would get twice the gallons through my engines. Then if your sponsored go ahead and run it out of the box.

thumbs
07-01-2007, 10:29 AM
I did the full break-in by the book. This thing is wicked fast. I have only gotten into second gear 3 or 4 times. I need to find a bigger place to let this thing unleash it's full wrath.