PDA

View Full Version : '08 diesel quirk's?????

rlemn8r
06-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Has anybody heard about not being able to allow an '08 to idle for more than five minutes If you do, the new DPF filter in the exhaust will plug up, and cause the truck to go into limp mode?? Anybody heard of this. Just happened to my son in law's brother. He has an '08 gmc...

Jordy
06-29-2007, 10:31 PM
Haven't heard anything on the D-maxes and they did the least amount of changing out of the Big 3 to meet the new Tier 3 emissions requirements. Don't park a Powerstroke with the exhaust pointing towards dry brush though or you'll have a power brush fire. :D :D :D

GunninGopher
06-30-2007, 07:06 AM
I've got 1500 miles on my Silverado and I haven't had a problem. The thing they say is that you have to drive over 30 mph for up to 20 minutes every tank or so. I don't usually idol mine much unless I remote start it to get the AC working.
I wish there was a light telling the driver when a re-gen was going on. Twice I've pulled up to the house to notice a smell that was due to the heat. Kind of a hot metal smell, if that makes sense. I would have just driven up the highway a little more to finish if off had I known.

Jordy
06-30-2007, 07:37 AM
Here's a great source of information:
http://dieselplace.com/forum/
Some of those guys take their stuff WAY too seriously though, judging by their signatures, right down to the tire pressures they run. :D

rrrr
06-30-2007, 08:14 AM
Haven't heard anything on the D-maxes and they did the least amount of changing out of the Big 3 to meet the new Tier 3 emissions requirements. Don't park a Powerstroke with the exhaust pointing towards dry brush though or you'll have a power brush fire. :D :D :D
Quit hatin' on Fords.
You wanna come over this weekend? I'm having a hot dog roast at the tailpipe of my new F250 King Ranch 4 X 4.
:D :D