PDA

View Full Version : Who got the IPhone...........

fat rat
06-30-2007, 06:02 AM
And how long did you have to wait in line..........some people camped out for days.:eek:

ratso
06-30-2007, 06:04 AM
And how long did you have to wait in line..........some people camped out for days.:eek:
I wouldn't wait that long for a piece of ass...

Hotcobra270
06-30-2007, 06:10 AM
i give it 6 months and it'll be 100 bucks

ratso
06-30-2007, 06:13 AM
i give it 6 months and it'll be 100 bucks
The third generation will be out by then and hopefully have all the quirks worked out.:D

fat rat
06-30-2007, 06:29 AM
Check out Ebay.............people are paying stupid money for them.:idea:

OCMerrill
06-30-2007, 06:52 AM
Check out Ebay.............people are paying stupid money for them.:idea:
Yep, and the people that camped in line are now selling them on ebay. That has to be the only reason someone would camp out for a phone.
It's a cool little dealeao but I would wait until the recalls, failed batteries, and all the other Apple growing pains are past.
I remember the first ipod. Many issues.

Buddy
06-30-2007, 07:16 AM
I wouldnt camp out that long if I was camping:D

sellsman11
06-30-2007, 07:19 AM
I wouldnt camp out that long if I was camping:D
My thoughts EXACTLY!!!
:D

RitcheyRch
06-30-2007, 07:29 AM
Never buy the early version. Always wait until they get all the bugs worked out. Looks like an awesome phone.
And I also would never camp out for anything.

Mountainstone
06-30-2007, 10:56 AM
I got rid of my cell phone in 2001 just to see how long I could go without one. I still cannot find any reason to get a new one. It bugs my wife that she is unable to get hold of me at a moment's notice, but that is the part I like the most. A cell phone is a leash, and I never liked "chatting" anyway. Plus I enjoy the look on people's faces when they ask for my number and I tell 'em I don't have a phone. They can't decide whether I am lying or what...

Baja Big Dog
06-30-2007, 11:06 AM
I got rid of my cell phone in 2001 just to see how long I could go without one. I still cannot find any reason to get a new one. It bugs my wife that she is unable to get hold of me at a moment's notice, but that is the part I like the most. A cell phone is a leash, and I never liked "chatting" anyway. Plus I enjoy the look on peolple's faces when they ask for my number and I tell 'em I don't have a phone. They can't decide whether I am lying or what...
Hillbilly...:D
Got a computer though!!!:jawdrop:
Many times I wish I didnt have one, (or four!):mad:

Bradman
06-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Less than 5 minutes but did not buy it.:D We were at the Yardhouse at Victoria Gardens last night and the line at the Apple store had seemed to have no end to it. We sat down for dinner at 6:00 pm, and when we were finished, we walk back by the store and there were only a few people left. My buddy ended up buying two after only waiting 5 minutes. They seemed to have an abundance of iphones on hand.

YeLLowBoaT
06-30-2007, 01:30 PM
I got rid of my cell phone in 2001 just to see how long I could go without one. I still cannot find any reason to get a new one. It bugs my wife that she is unable to get hold of me at a moment's notice, but that is the part I like the most. A cell phone is a leash, and I never liked "chatting" anyway. Plus I enjoy the look on people's faces when they ask for my number and I tell 'em I don't have a phone. They can't decide whether I am lying or what...
I got rid of mine as well ( last year) one of the best things I have ever done. There are a few times when i wish I had one, but not many. I also don't miss paying about $60 a month for the damn thing.
anyone that would pay $600 for a phone is a dumb ass.

Jbb
06-30-2007, 02:39 PM
If you want one.....you can buy it for $300 (http://tech.blorge.com/Structure:%20/2007/06/26/how-to-land-your-iphone-for-300/)

fstlayn
06-30-2007, 03:04 PM
Less than 5 minutes but did not buy it.:D We were at the Yardhouse at Victoria Gardens last night and the line at the Apple store had seemed to have no end to it. We sat down for dinner at 6:00 pm, and when we were finished, we walk back by the store and there were only a few people left. My buddy ended up buying two after only waiting 5 minutes. They seemed to have an abundance of iphones on hand.
Apple released 2,000,000 units for the first run. I say be patient and wait for the 2nd generation - should be out by Xmas.

USCFAN
07-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Had a friend buy one of these over the weekend, and although they are a little pricey by far the best Phone I have ever seen. The features that phone has are amazing.

adjones419
07-02-2007, 05:06 AM
I've seriously thought about doing this too, but just can't seem to do it. Everyone gets pissed because I don't answer it all of the time...feels like I have no freedom!

Mountainstone
07-02-2007, 07:15 AM
I've seriously thought about doing this too, but just can't seem to do it. Everyone gets pissed because I don't answer it all of the time...feels like I have no freedom!
Exactly! That thing is a leash! Get rid of it and nobody can be pissed at you for not answering it. Current phones can track your location via GPS and cellular triangulation (or whatever technical terminology is proper); soon they will be able to record your heart rate, brain waves and bowel function. Do you really want your spouse and Big Brother to know when you are rubbing one out while sittin' on the can at a rest stop somewhere?

RitcheyRch
07-02-2007, 07:43 AM
So, thats how my gf always finds out when take care of business on my own. :mad:
Exactly! That thing is a leash! Get rid of it and nobody can be pissed at you for not answering it. Current phones can track your location via GPS and cellular triangulation (or whatever technical terminology is proper); soon they will be able to record your heart rate, brain waves and bowel function. Do you really want your spouse and Big Brother to know when you are rubbing one out while sittin' on the can at a rest stop somewhere?

TOBTEK
07-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Played with a new iphone this weekend. They are pretty incredible. I heard they dont have a speaker phone though?? im sure they already have the 10th generation completed already...........

EAZYKILLER2006
07-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Never buy the early version. Always wait until they get all the bugs worked out. Looks like an awesome phone.
And I also would never camp out for anything.
it aint going to last that long either way ...
the way i look at it
in a few months it will be in the river again:(

RitcheyRch
07-17-2007, 12:38 PM
The phone looks bad ass. COuldnt see paying that kind of money for one when in a few months the phone companies will be giving them away to get customers.
it aint going to last that long either way ...
the way i look at it
in a few months it will be in the river again:(