PDA

View Full Version : Buena Vista just got smaller

LUVNLIFE
06-30-2007, 04:27 PM
We went to BV today to run the boat, have some beers and work on the tan. Now I know some of you can't stand the place but there are others that like to get the boat wet there. Anyway the ones that have been there know how the layout is where you round the east end, start running west and then the PWC area kinda starts off the shore and the buoys run into the boat area and parallel with it right. Well now those buoys that run with the boat area run all the way to the east end of the lake:mad: Not only that but they run from island to island from the second island back all the way to the end creating a dead end for the boat area as you have to turn between the third and second to the last islands. It looks as though they will make this dead end area a no wake zone as the buoys are off to the side. They just took a major chunk of the lake and killed it for boating. WTF:mad: There were not even that many PWC and besides I saw no less than three off them off in the boat area merrily on their way:rolleyes: We needed all the room we could get to get away from the rollbar boats:) Kinda crappy deal.
On a good note it was a great day and not to crowded. Got a bitchen spot on the beach with some nice sand for the kids to play in. All that and the boat ran great:D

RitcheyRch
06-30-2007, 05:41 PM
That sucks. Wonder if they going to start allowing the watercraft in that area. I dont mind BV when it isnt crowded. Wish had known you guys were going as would have joined you.
Thinking about hitting Castaic tomorrow.

JetBoatRich
07-01-2007, 08:32 AM
They must be trying to attract lake lice:mad:

LUVNLIFE
07-01-2007, 08:48 AM
That sucks. Wonder if they going to start allowing the watercraft in that area. I dont mind BV when it isnt crowded. Wish had known you guys were going as would have joined you.
Thinking about hitting Castaic tomorrow.
I thought you were going to Castaic on Saturday.:) Def wasn't crowded yesterday.

LUVNLIFE
07-01-2007, 08:50 AM
They must be trying to attract lake lice:mad:
At least they are keeping them corraled still:D Except for the occasional breakaway.:mad:

RitcheyRch
07-01-2007, 09:01 AM
WAs going to go but didnt get a chance to get the boat out of storage and with Kim being gone it makes doing those types of things a little tougher.
I thought you were going to Castaic on Saturday.:) Def wasn't crowded today

IT'SONLYMONEY
07-01-2007, 02:30 PM
We went to BV today to run the boat, have some beers and work on the tan. Now I know some of you can't stand the place but there are others that like to get the boat wet there. Anyway the ones that have been there know how the layout is where you round the east end, start running west and then the PWC area kinda starts off the shore and the buoys run into the boat area and parallel with it right. Well now those buoys that run with the boat area run all the way to the east end of the lake:mad: Not only that but they run from island to island from the second island back all the way to the end creating a dead end for the boat area as you have to turn between the third and second to the last islands. It looks as though they will make this dead end area a no wake zone as the buoys are off to the side. They just took a major chunk of the lake and killed it for boating. WTF:mad: There were not even that many PWC and besides I saw no less than three off them off in the boat area merrily on their way:rolleyes: We needed all the room we could get to get away from the rollbar boats:) Kinda crappy deal.
On a good note it was a great day and not to crowded. Got a bitchen spot on the beach with some nice sand for the kids to play in. All that and the boat ran great:D
i believe it is just for this week since they are all sold out and expecting a hudge turn out
let's hope anyways

LUVNLIFE
07-01-2007, 03:06 PM
I never gave that a thought but that is alot of money to spend on buoys and placement. Let's hope but they have been having sold out holiday weekends there for years and I've never seen that.;)

Beer-30
07-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Yeah, Cale, Cindi and I found that out yesterday. Same as you, we were fat, dumb and happy just cruising along at 45. Come to the end and start my sweeping turn. Suddenly, two other boats ahead of us are turning back towards us. We all three of us just went single-file back to the first island that you can turn through.
Would have been nice to have a heads-up, eh? That's a head-on waiting to happen.

LUVNLIFE
07-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Hey Paul what time were you out there. We were there at 6:30 pulled out at 2:00 and didn't see you.:)

Beer-30
07-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Hey Paul what time were you out there. We were there at 6:30 pulled out at 2:00 and didn't see you.:)
Saturday, we dropped in at 2:45. Wow, just missed you. Stayed till about 6.

98 Vector 21
07-01-2007, 07:51 PM
What? They took out turn 1 & 2 ?????

LUVNLIFE
07-02-2007, 02:30 AM
Now it's a short track:D

acatitude
07-02-2007, 02:42 AM
damn you do get up early:D

JetBoatRich
07-02-2007, 03:39 AM
damn you do get up early:D
Only time it is quiet:skull:

Mrs Luvnlife
07-02-2007, 06:55 AM
Yeah, Cale, Cindi and I found that out yesterday. Same as you, we were fat, dumb and happy just cruising along at 45. Come to the end and start my sweeping turn. Suddenly, two other boats ahead of us are turning back towards us. We all three of us just went single-file back to the first island that you can turn through.
Would have been nice to have a heads-up, eh? That's a head-on waiting to happen.
LOL :) !!!
Definitely a heads up would've been nice. I said the same thing about a head-on :idea: . Saw a couple other confused individuals too :D . They handed us a little yellow paper when we paid and I filed it like always :D , and later checked it thinking maybe it was our 'heads up', but nope it was just the norm .
We must've JUST missed you guys.

MKEELINE
07-02-2007, 09:06 AM
We were there fri-sun and had a great time. I'd never been to BV before, but for a small lake it wasn't bad. Friday was pretty mellow, but sat. and sun. was a stampede. I like the fact that they keep the PWC's seperate, it would have been like a chinese fire drill if everyone was out there. I can see where the east end would be a problem though.

FreshTracks
07-02-2007, 09:47 AM
We were out there as well this weekend. We were pulling a wakeboarder Saturday morning getting ready to make the turn at the end and I see two Lake Lice driving down at that end. I'm thinking "what the f$%k?", then I see the buoy stating "PWC area". Now I'm really saying "what the f$%k"? Had to drop the rider and grasp what the hell was going on. I've been going to Buena Vista for 15 years and never seen this before. I hope that it's for the holiday and not permanent.

MKEELINE
07-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Beer-30 and Luvnlife,
I saw you guys out there on sun. I was admiring you boats, but didn't realize they were yours till I saw them in your posts today. Very nice boats, sounded good also.

Beer-30
07-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Beer-30 and Luvnlife,
I saw you guys out there on sun. I was admiring you boats, but didn't realize they were yours till I saw them in your posts today. Very nice boats, sounded good also.
I was out on Saturday only. Was doing honey-do's yesterday. :)

dicudmore
07-02-2007, 11:47 AM
What? They took out turn 1 & 2 ?????
that would be turns 3 and 4 :wink:

hack job
07-02-2007, 01:26 PM
i was out there on sat as well. had some issue in the morn. then i was up and running by mid day. i havent been there in atleast five years and it has changed so much i dont ever remember that many towboats on the water towing tubes. that is all i saw was a bunch of tubes lol. i was going to put our tube in the water till i noticed that.
it was a nice day we got off the water around 445 or 5.

MKEELINE
07-02-2007, 02:25 PM
I was out on Saturday only. Was doing honey-do's yesterday. :)
I'm sorry, your right it was Sat. I over-served myself Sat. night and I'm still trying to get the fog out of the cockpit.

Mrs Luvnlife
07-03-2007, 06:07 AM
I'm sorry, your right it was Sat. I over-served myself Sat. night and I'm still trying to get the fog out of the cockpit.
:D :D I like that....I normally try to put the blame on someone else for my over-indulgence :D .
We were there fri-sun and had a great time. I'd never been to BV before, but for a small lake it wasn't bad. Friday was pretty mellow, but sat. and sun. was a stampede. I like the fact that they keep the PWC's seperate, it would have been like a chinese fire drill if everyone was out there. I can see where the east end would be a problem though.
You should see it when it's really crowded :jawdrop: . I love BV. Not the best by far, or the cleanest or the biggest, but I personally would choose it over any of the other local lakes and we're 5 minutes from Castaic ;) . It's nice that they keep the lake lice seperate, I'd steer clear if not :D , it's enough of a challenge trying to dodge the bodies in the water and the wakeboard boats :D . You can't beat the campgrounds there, nice and roomy with everything you need.
Thanks for the kind words on the boat :) .

Mrs Luvnlife
07-03-2007, 06:09 AM
i was out there on sat as well. had some issue in the morn. then i was up and running by mid day. i havent been there in atleast five years and it has changed so much i dont ever remember that many towboats on the water towing tubes. that is all i saw was a bunch of tubes lol. i was going to put our tube in the water till i noticed that.
it was a nice day we got off the water around 445 or 5.
I noticed way more tubers than normal, some with 3-4 peeps on them. Not me....too many crazy boat drivers :) out there to put my kids (or myself for that matter :D ) on a tube.

FreshTracks
07-09-2007, 08:59 AM
So... Do they still have the lake cut-off? Hopefully it was just for the Fourth.

IT'SONLYMONEY
07-10-2007, 10:30 AM
yes it is stll cut off and no it wasn't just for the holiday like i had hoped.

RitcheyRch
07-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Thats not good.
yes it is stll cut off and no it wasn't just for the holiday like i had hoped.