PDA

View Full Version : Modesto Res. Boat Bash

PINSTRIPER GIRL
06-30-2007, 06:00 PM
I'm sorry to have to do this, but we've cancelled the Boat Bash at Modesto Res. due to very low water levels. People have been reporting mishaps and breaks due to shallow water. Hopefully we have a wet winter for next year!
Don & Denise Corbett, your hosts.

BigDutch
06-30-2007, 08:31 PM
Not good. How does turlock lake look, level wise.

PINSTRIPER GIRL
07-01-2007, 08:11 AM
They are keeping Turlock low too, to save water in Pedro for irrigation, etc.
Plus, Turlock Lake hates our kind of boats (they turn them away) and I think it doesn't allow alcohol.:rolleyes: There is an outing @ Melones in mid Aug. I guess we could just have a show n shine and anyone who wants to put in and navigate the shallow spots can. We will probably go just to hang out.

justfloatn
07-02-2007, 07:09 AM
Just bring it a couple hours north to Berryessa or Camp Far West.
Zoomies, open headers and alcohol are required at CFW.:D

bahner454
07-03-2007, 08:31 AM
I will be going Saturday either way, Do most of you launch at the ramp or just dump it in at the cove? I may even make a trip out tomorrow the 4th. If you see a blue Bahner with Silver flames, be sure to stop off and say hi.
Dennis

BlueNun
07-03-2007, 08:35 AM
Mcclure looks pretty good. I was up there last week. Theres always Lake Yosemite:D in Merced.

bahner454
07-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Hey BlueNun,
How is McClure? I live pretty close and have not been there yet.
I mostly go to Modesto and hang out near the North boat ramp. Were due you launch at McClure? Any nice coves or beach area's to hang out?

BlueNun
07-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Mcclure is a nice lake lots of friendly people and nice coves to find. Barretts cove is pretty popular. I usually launch at the main ramp and am in the water in less than 15....

BlueNun
07-03-2007, 07:53 PM
I was also told that they are gonna pump alot more water in it starting next year to keep a better reserve.

PINSTRIPER GIRL
07-03-2007, 08:50 PM
We checked out the water level at Modesto and its really low in the cove where we have the bash. They said they let 1' more water in for the 4th, but won't be adding anymore in future. The cove was so low you could probably walk across from pt to pt. Lots of nice beach area though:rolleyes: . I don't think anyone would be able to launch at the cove. Well, whoever shows up we could just have a beach bash! and bench racing. You always go faster when bench racing:D

BlueNun
07-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Im in who else is going??

PINSTRIPER GIRL
07-03-2007, 09:00 PM
I guess we are too, even though I originally cancelled it, its turned into something else that could be alot of fun.;)

BlueNun
07-04-2007, 07:11 AM
So where will everyone be?? I have never been to Modesto reservoir or met any of you. I am thinking of going to lake yosemite in Merced. Its way small but plenty of water and fun.
Jason

PINSTRIPER GIRL
07-04-2007, 10:02 AM
Lake Yosemite is best for sail boats, wwwindyyyy! The water is rarely calm. But, you can try it out.:) Denise

justfloatn
07-05-2007, 06:21 AM
Lake Yosemite is best for sail boats, wwwindyyyy! The water is rarely calm. But, you can try it out.:) Denise
Someone should have pointed that out to the IHBA a few years back.
Lesson learned the hard way:(