PDA

View Full Version : 3 different roll overs since yesterday

PaPaG
07-01-2007, 12:31 AM
On the way up to Laughlin on Friday night around 630pm we look over to the south side of the 40 (just south of Needles) and see a few tow trucks and a couple chp's. We look up the hill right by the units and see there was a car that had rolled over end over end and side over side, top was crushed down to the doors..(I hope they were ok.) Did not look good at all....
Then Saturday morning we were heading out to LA while driving down the 15 and just outside of barstow (south of barstow) a blue extended cab pickup with 3 people still stuck inside had just rolled over, about 20 people already there trying to help and they waved us on but we could see that there was still 3 people stuck inside and they could not get the doors open. Dont know the status of the passengers. (again looked real bad and I hope they were all OK)...
After our visit in LA for a few hours we decided to drive back to the river and since we knew the 15 pass was packed we decided to take the 10 out to rice road and up to the river. About 20 minutes outside of Morango we almost got hit by 2 chipies flying past us, we get down the road about 5 more minutes and we see another fresh roll over, this one was real bad to..not sure what happened to the people hope they are ok (medics on scene) All three of them gave me that uneasy feeling in my stomach that someone did not make it....
What is the reason for my post...Just wanted everyone to drive safe, don't rush and be careful...In all the years of driving thousands and thousands of miles a year I have never ever seen this many bad accidents in such a short time...:(

Old school Ultra
07-01-2007, 12:45 AM
If you have a Internet ready phone or have someone go to www.chp.ca.gov and you can read all about them as long as they are CHP handle and in CA..

PaPaG
07-01-2007, 12:50 AM
If you have a Internet ready phone or have someone go to www.chp.ca.gov and you can read all about them as long as they are CHP handle and in CA..
Thanks, I almost don't want to find out on two of the accidents but good to know where I can go to read up on it.. Thanks again :)

Baja Big Dog
07-01-2007, 10:08 AM
Thanks, I almost don't want to find out on two of the accidents but good to know where I can go to read up on it.. Thanks again :)
Hey G..call us when your leaving next time, we will stay home!!!:D

Big Kahunaa
07-01-2007, 10:17 AM
there was a roll over on hwy 95 right before willow valley yesterday a white crew cab chevy and a 19 to 21 foot jet boat saw one dude had a very bloody rag on his head and no one in the truck fire just showed up when we passed
every one please be safe

talkinghead
07-01-2007, 12:57 PM
I have been seriously thinking of trading in my old school SUV's for ones with Stability Control - ESC saves lives, period.
As ESC becomes more common, rollover accidents and deaths I believe will be drastically reduced.

LUVNLIFE
07-01-2007, 01:36 PM
I use this website all the time when traveling. Way better than traffic reports. Check it when I leave for work also as it's up to the minute and very informative;)

Havasu1986
07-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Seen a roll over on the 40 near mile marker 38 in the middle around 1:00. CHP and ambulance were on there way.

SandbarScot
07-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Saw a little SUV flipped on the 62 between Vidal and 177. Rice Road is getting worse.