View Full Version : We Did it !!

Infomaniac
07-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Yep we broke water into hydrogen and oxygen and lit it off :D
Actully it was'nt that hard but we did it.

Blown 472
07-01-2007, 09:19 AM
Yep we broke water into hydrogen and oxygen and lit it off :D
Actully it was'nt that hard but we did it.
How didcha do it, and do you have a vid of this event???

wsuwrhr
07-01-2007, 09:21 AM
Hook some wires up to a glass of water and go to town.
Brian

Infomaniac
07-01-2007, 09:24 AM
No video thank goodness. Blew the top off of the device instead of a flame coming out fte 2' hose. LOL Did it 3 times before we decided to redesign a bit.
12 v battery
PVC chamber
stainless anode and cathode
water and electrolyte
Stuff we had lying around just to see if we could do it.

Infomaniac
07-01-2007, 09:27 AM
Brian
LOL not quite that easy.

Infomaniac
07-01-2007, 02:54 PM
I don't mean to rain on yer parade but, I think I missed sumptin along the line. Think we could start at the beinning for us slightly confused types?
Thanks,
Rio
I'l try ...
1 H2O water molecule is made up of two hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen atom held togeter by a string(s)
Hydrogen contains more energy than any other element in the universe.
A gallon of water contains enough energy to power your boat for several tank fulls of gasoline
Break water into it's idividual elements and burn it, it turns irght back into water but with a tremendous release of energy.
So basically we burned water. And it has a lot of power

Daytona100
07-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Time to put a 8-71 on a gallon of water and see what she,ll do!!! M:D ike

rrrr
07-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Oh, Lord........:D
There's too much water to go boating so now the Okies are finding other ways to entertain themselves.....:D :D
The spud cannons must be next.
Info, fill some 2 liter soda bottles with an oxy-acetylene mixture and put a fuse on 'em.....

Cheap Thrills
07-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Brian
Could be as simple as that (http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2006/09/electrolysis_of_water_explodin.html)
T.

Infomaniac
07-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Could be as simple as that (http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2006/09/electrolysis_of_water_explodin.html)
T.
Yea I guess so. I stand corrected. ;)
We are making a solid flame rather than a little pop. And hope to do much better than that before long.
The technology is there but is supressed by those that view it as a conflict of interest.
IMHO that is the best alternative fuel. It won't be until people get pissed off enough to want it. It's just too easy to buy gas at 3 places down every city block. and bitch about the price but buy the hell out of it.

Cheap Thrills
07-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Yea I guess so. I stand corrected. ;)
We are making a solid flame rather than a little pop. And hope to do much better than that before long.
The technology is there but is supressed by those that view it as a conflict of interest.
IMHO that is the best alternative fuel. It won't be until people get pissed off enough to want it. It's just too easy to buy gas at 3 places down every city block. and bitch about the price but buy the hell out of it.
Catch that PM.
T.

Infomaniac
07-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Got it thanks.

Blown 472
07-02-2007, 03:06 AM
Oh, Lord........:D
There's too much water to go boating so now the Okies are finding other ways to entertain themselves.....:D :D
The spud cannons must be next.
Info, fill some 2 liter soda bottles with an oxy-acetylene mixture and put a fuse on 'em.....
We use a gallon washer fluid bottle, poke a wire thru the handle, take and extension cord, cut the female end off, strip the wires twist each one around the wire in the bottle and just plug it in.

thatguy
07-02-2007, 04:39 AM
Now that is inginuity! A lake full of fuel.
I can give you a little insight to the oil companys feelings on this. That has been my business for 20+ years.
If you really want to retire and own your own island, invent a 200 MPG carb or inj. system. Or projects like you are doing. Once in the proving stages, leak a small amount of information. The big boys (BP, Conoco, Arco etc.) will buy you out, with the attached gag order, and set you up for life just to shut you up. Here is how it will go down.
Alternative fuels and energy sources are already developed, proven and ready for consumer release. Who are the "inventors"? The oil companies themselves. NOBODY is better prepared for running out of fossil fuel then the oil companies. The day after the last barrel of oil is sold, and ONLY after the last barrel is sold, there will be a news conference with the oil companies. It will start with something like this:
"In a most fortunate development, just last night our engineers finalized development of XXX fuel source. It is now ready, and available, for consumer purchase. Furthermore, the technology is also available for manufacturers of fuel consuming products such as vehicles. For a nominal licensing fee, the manufacturers can modify the existing power and fuel systems to utilize this fuel source".
Thats when they unlock that steel vault and break out all the things they bought up and perfected. Don't believe it? How many of you have seen the big building near Vacaville that says "BP Solar" on it? ;)
Tommy
PS- Don't get me wrong, I am totally impressed with your project! Anybody who can burn water is WAY double sharp!!:D

Infomaniac
07-02-2007, 05:24 AM
Cool ... i'm there with the set up for life thing. :D
Our objective was more than just a few bubbles of gas science experiment. :)
OK I'm going back underground now.......

rrrr
07-02-2007, 11:02 AM
We use a gallon washer fluid bottle, poke a wire thru the handle, take and extension cord, cut the female end off, strip the wires twist each one around the wire in the bottle and just plug it in.
There's nothing more satisfying than amatuer science experiments that involve explosives. :jawdrop: :D

thatguy
07-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Or you may get a letter like this.
From: "Sir John Browne" Former CEO and President of BP Global.
"Hello, After my recent resignation from BP due to revelations of my scandaless money transfers to my gay male partner/lover, I am activly searching for a partner to "get back on top" with. Your water for fuel project has "pricked" my interest and am very interested in a "working relationship" that I can "back right into". Please contact me in the Bench Racers section.":eek:
Tommy

Infomaniac
07-03-2007, 11:19 AM
???? Did I miss something

thatguy
07-03-2007, 01:04 PM
John browne was BP Global's CEO. He resigned 2 months ago under the conditions listed above, no kidding. After like 28 years with BP.

DMOORE
07-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Now that is inginuity! A lake full of fuel.
D
Hell yea! Suck it in, burn it up, and pump water back out the exhaust!!!!!
Darrell.

BrendellaJet
07-03-2007, 03:44 PM
does this process create water, or just rebuild the water that you broke apart?

Infomaniac
07-04-2007, 07:59 AM
does this process create water, or just rebuild the water that you broke apart?
It turns back into water. Does not create any.
I read what a physisist said once that water is already burnt. So you can't burn it.
Pretty intereting