PDA

View Full Version : ***Accident attorney needed asap*** pics here!!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-01-2007, 07:39 PM
I was in a terrible car accident today. I got t-boned by a guy who ran the red light. He was doing approximately 45mph. Once he hit me I was knocked out and hit the gas pedal and ran through a brick wall and stopped halfway through another fence. Luckily the fire dept was across the street. I have never been in a car accident and need help. I was NOT at fault and my truck is smashed.I am doing somewhat ok. My head is killing me and neck is stiff but I am alive;) If you know anyone out here that is good please pm me or post contact info. I am in Mesa,Arizona. Thanks Michael
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/truck11.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/truck21.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/truck31.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/truck51.JPG

Cheap Thrills
07-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Dayyumn brother, That looks bad. Glad you're alright and sorry I can't help you with a lawyer connection. Did they find your other shoe ?:eek:
T.

MR.rvrluvr
07-01-2007, 07:43 PM
looks awfull glad your ok.......good luck

dragboat
07-01-2007, 07:45 PM
WOW,:eek: :eek: Hope it turns out ok for you. Hang in there.

RitcheyRch
07-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Oh man. That looks terrible. Thankfully you were not killed and sadly you are going to hurt much worse tomorrow.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Thanks guys! Im not feeling to good right now. I can type but my head is throbbing!!!!!!
The shoe in still in the truck....

BigDoug
07-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Michael, glad your alive and ok !! your car can be replaced..

Hotcobra270
07-01-2007, 07:50 PM
damm!! glad youre ok and you will recover...
who took the pics?
Geez, thats must of been scary for you...

Chipster27
07-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Damn, glad to hear you're OK. Your lucky day to have this happen across the street from the fire department!
I know a killer injury attorney, but he's in CA, sorry.

HocusPocus
07-01-2007, 07:55 PM
what a mess.. better get in to see your Dr. ASAP and take it easy for a bit.

Xlration Marine
07-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Oh chit. Not a good week for HB people.Here is the one that I will be working with, his anme is Jeff Ostreicher 602-495-9745. Those back boards suck. I was lucky and was in it for about 20 minutes. Oh this Jeff was refered to me by my boss, he did some work for his daughter. Boy looks like a new truck and a new boat for you.:)

Moneypitt
07-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Michael, glad you got away with all your limbs, and the ability to type and converse. That could've been awhole lot worse......As mentioned, cars/trucks/, even boats, can be replaced......Sorry no lawyer friends in your area, but I'm sure someone here knows one close by. Hang in there, and don't SIGN ANYTHING.............Ray

Xlration Marine
07-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Mine happened Wednsday, and today was the worst so far. Spasm's in my back and ready to pass out. I get to scan the cat on tuesday to see if the nogging is ok. I feel your pain. Oh and I just popped some coke and won't be feeling anything in a few minutes.

squirt'nmyload
07-01-2007, 08:08 PM
THAT SUCKS!!! at least you are ok. you will be feeling it for the next couple days for sure. if you need anything, let me know!!!

cave
07-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Good to read your OK bro. Was Katie with you? Hope your both OK.
Did that Fireman swoop some Change?:D

OCMerrill
07-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Man that looks like a good solid hit right square in your freaking hip. Damn. Amazing your not broken from head to toe (although it sounds like thats how you feel).
Best wishes to your fast recovery.

advantage21
07-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Someone was watching over you glad to see you ok.

76ANTHONY
07-01-2007, 08:21 PM
dam bro, glad your ok, that looks like it coulda hurt you a hell of a lot more than it did. your one lucky dude. man i hope you find a good attorney.

ccfdland
07-01-2007, 08:22 PM
what a horrible chain of events! get well soon. glad you are ok!

HokeySon
07-01-2007, 08:25 PM
First and foremost, worry about taking care of yourself. Get to a Dr.
You have plenty of time to talk with a Lawyer -- unless you need medical care on credit -- lawyers can take of that -- but you need to be careful you get real medical care not some mill that just racks up charges. You may also have "med pay" on your own policy or uninsured motorist (you didn't say if the other guy stuck around). Contact your own insurance company tomorrow.
I am not admitted in AZ, and I only know one laywer over there. He is a business guy, but I will drop him a line to see if he has a good referral.
I will send you a pmail if I come up with anyone good. You can pmail me too if you want to talk, but I cannot give you legal advice since I am not admitted in AZ.

AZJD
07-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Damn dog! That's a damn mess....... Glad your OK!
On the bright side, that blue chevy you were admiring in the spam section is looks to be within your budget now!:D

SummitKarl
07-01-2007, 08:29 PM
glad your ok ...your still running on adrenlin...and if you think it hurts now...wait till the morning(been there done this one)
I hope you went to the hospital and got checked for any internal damage/ bleeding
report this to your ins co in the morninng...then just relax for a day or two...things will work there way out (don't stress on it)...it's more important you pay attention to YOU!!! for the next 48hrs;)

DeepVee
07-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Don't get a lawyer; they'll walk away with most of the money not you. We've had two accidents like yours. The first was a fire fighter in a Dodge truck who ran a red light in front of my wife, wife T-boned the truck totaling her car. The second was an 18yr old girl in another Dodge truck who ran a stop sign at 45-50 MPH, again in front of my wife causing her to T-bone the truck, blew the cab right off the Dodge. We did it alone on the first accident and were well compensated. The second accident involved my son and our brand new truck so we went to a lawyer for advice. He said, "You’ve done it alone before...do it again and only come back to me if you have problems". He admitted that we'd probably get the same settlement whether he was involved or not and if he was he'd take 70%. We took his advice and did it on our own again, making out good in the end.
It's a lot of work but if the insurance companies are good it'll work out in the end. Document, record and write down everything, your medical bills, loss of work, pain and suffering, personal property loss. Contact the other insurance company ASAP and don't settle until you’re healed and ready. You have two years to settle. The insurance companies will try to low ball you, don't accept and stand your ground when the time comes. You are entitled to compensation for all of your losses and as a ball park double the med bills for pain and suffering compensation. All insurance companies are different, so by the time your ready to settle have a dollar amount in your head.
Sounds like you're doing the right thing on the medical stuff. Cover your ass on the med stuff, make sure you're OK.
Good luck and hope you recover soon.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-01-2007, 08:43 PM
All of you guys are very good people. Now i know why i spend so much time on here. I got the cat scan today and the head is ok. I had blood in my urine so I have to follow up very quickly.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Good to read your OK bro. Was Katie with you? Hope your both OK.
Did that Fireman swoop some Change?:D
I was solo.....

Hardly Satisfied
07-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Very sad to see this, Glad you are still alive and hope everything will be allright with you.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Don't get a lawyer; they'll walk away with most of the money not you. We've had two accidents like yours. The first was a fire fighter in a Dodge truck who ran a red light in front of my wife, wife T-boned the truck totaling her car. The second was an 18yr old girl in another Dodge truck who ran a stop sign at 45-50 MPH, again in front of my wife causing her to T-bone the truck, blew the cab right off the Dodge. We did it alone on the first accident and were well compensated. The second accident involved my son and our brand new truck so we went to a lawyer for advice. He said, "You’ve done it alone before...do it again and only come back to me if you have problems". He admitted that we'd probably get the same settlement whether he was involved or not and if he was he'd take 70%. We took his advice and did it on our own again, making out good in the end.
It's a lot of work but if the insurance companies are good it'll work out in the end. Document, record and write down everything, your medical bills, loss of work, pain and suffering, personal property loss. Contact the other insurance company ASAP and don't settle until you’re healed and ready. You have two years to settle. The insurance companies will try to low ball you, don't accept and stand your ground when the time comes. You are entitled to compensation for all of your losses and as a ball park double the med bills for pain and suffering compensation. All insurance companies are different, so by the time your ready to settle have a dollar amount in your head.
Thanks for the info;)

DeepVee
07-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Oops, just realized I made an incorrect statement, most lawyers take 30% of settlement not 70%.

OKIE-JET
07-01-2007, 09:32 PM
All of you guys are very good people. Now i know why i spend so much time on here. I got the cat scan today and the head is ok. I had blood in my urine so I have to follow up very quickly.
I didnt think you would suffer any head injuries due to the fact that your the president of the IHBA, seriously man, good to know its ok wit ya. get well and get that damn boat ready.:D

Some Kind Of Monster
07-01-2007, 09:56 PM
MICHAEL!!!
Damn bro I'm glad you're alright. Looks like you went on a wild ride! If I can do anything to help you out give me a call. I mean it man, I'm just right down the road. I'm sure you would have given the boot to the chest if you weren't out cold.

sanger rat
07-01-2007, 09:58 PM
WOW! Glad you are ok. You definitely have someone watching over you.

Some Kind Of Monster
07-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Hey Mike it seems I can't send you a PM. I would like to get you in contact with my attorney that is takeing care of my case. Please give me a call (480) 677-2259. This guy is on top of things the whole way. Please take it easy the next few weeks you are going to be really sore. Most importantly, your still with us. God I tell ya this year has been rufffffff for Hot Boaters.
OverKill
No kidding. Tell me the driver wasn't drunk Michael...

dmontzsta
07-01-2007, 10:04 PM
damn, glad you are ok, that looks really bad.

Rexone
07-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Wow glad you are not (more) seriously hurt Michael. Take it easy and get well.
Good thing the don't build walls to code with rebar in AZ. ;)

XtrmWakeborder
07-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Damn glad you are ok and we didn't have to hear about another trajedy on here. Get well man!

Wozencraft
07-01-2007, 10:19 PM
Thanks for sending out your announcement & pictures of your recent accident. I think it's good to keep those who care, fellow boaters, :) up to date. It sounds that you already have some good leads on AZ attorneys. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Hope to see you on the water soon!
Devin Wozencraft

cruser
07-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Spitter,
Heck of a way to get time off to work on the boat. j/k. Hope your recovery is short and everything is settled quick. Where there witnesses? If so, be sure to get any statements that support your claim. You didn't say if the other driver was hurt (probably) or identified.
If you need anything I am not that far away (Guadalupe/Gilbert) and you should have my number from my other PM, if not, pm me again and I'll resend it. Don't hesitate to use it. I am usually home after 5:30 or 6 and with my family still in Oregon, I have plenty of time available to give a HB member a hand as needed.

bear down
07-02-2007, 06:03 AM
I would follow the advise of Deep Vee. just work it out with the insurance. never take their first offer. when they come back with their supposed final offer, unless you know for sure your really good health wise let them know since your signing away any future liability towards the insurance that you need to be well comensated for the future in case you have any relapse of you previous injuries. then just say you don't feel the compensation is to your satisfaction and your going to have to consult an attorney. they usually up the $$ and both parties are happy. when I was in an accident 10years ago my friends personal attorney walked us through this process. good luck

centerhill condor
07-02-2007, 06:20 AM
WOW, glad you're alive!

AZKC
07-02-2007, 06:21 AM
Another vote for no lawyers, my kid went thru this and it took almost 2 years to get 10k and he ended up with about 3 grand. The first offer from the insurance guys was $3500:(
Glad your not more messed up, somebody was watching over you :)

Xlration Marine
07-02-2007, 06:34 AM
Another vote for no lawyers, my kid went thru this and it took almost 2 years to get 10k and he ended up with about 3 grand. The first offer from the insurance guys was $3500:(
Glad your not more messed up, somebody was watching over you :)
So I take it he went through a lawer and this is all he got out of it? Did the other person have insurance? Mine was hit and run, and I don't know what the twit has. I know I have 100k for loss time, pain and suffering pluss 5k for med bills. I guess I will see what the dude has to say.

Mrs.Racer277
07-02-2007, 06:46 AM
Thank goodness you were not seriously hurt. Get Well soon. XXOO

vishus
07-02-2007, 07:14 AM
Hang in there, you can always get another truck. If you need anything, just holler (see an OB guy can help a Jetter).

rrrr
07-02-2007, 07:19 AM
Good to know you're OK, Big Dog. Better prop up and rest for a few days.

wsuwrhr
07-02-2007, 07:32 AM
Man, glad you are OK,
True to HB fashion, pics to prove it.
Brian
note to self<-----be careful mouthing off to 396, the guy will whip my little ass.

Jordan_23_85205
07-02-2007, 07:40 AM
Hey Mike,
I'm glad to see you walked away with no injuries! That could have been a dozey!! Sorry about your truck, but like others have said you can always replace the vehicle!
If you need anything give me a call on my cell! I'm on vacation all week:D

Ziggy
07-02-2007, 07:43 AM
Hope you have a quick recovery with no lingering after effects....could have been much more serious, glad you're doing ok.

Baja Big Dog
07-02-2007, 07:51 AM
Highly reccomend you get legal advise. I attempted this myself once and got nothing but bull shit. A lawyer should not take 70%, its is normally 30%, but work that out before you get started.
I know a good guy in Tempe, the girl friend worked for him, I havent seen him in years, but he was an animal in the courts,
His name is David Cantor 480 858 0070. Tell him big Chris from Cali sent you, (he may hang up on you!)

tamalewagon
07-02-2007, 08:01 AM
Glad you're ok.

MBlaster
07-02-2007, 08:08 AM
Jesus that looked like it hurt.
I know some great lawyers too but they are here in LA.
Hope you feel better soon.
And yea, don't settle until you are feeling 100%.
Take care.

roostwear
07-02-2007, 08:15 AM
Glad you're OK... looks like a hell of a hit. I'm concerned about people's first response being about getting a lawyer, though. I can understand you being made whole and reimbursed for whatever expenses and damages this accident incurred. I would wait to see what your doctors and the other insurance company say before getting a lawyer. If he gets 30%, he's getting 30% of what? The money you're out? Of course not.... He'll try to get a LOT more for pain and suffering. I guess that's the part that bothers me..... the payday they'll get you for being in an accident. I guess that's just the way society is nowadays.... bitch about how people sue for anything and everything.... until their payday comes around..... then they DESERVE it.
Sorry for the rant... glad you're in OK.

Insurance God
07-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Sounds like you're doing the right thing on the medical stuff. Cover your ass on the med stuff, make sure you're OK.
I agree. PI lawyer's always "win" in these situations. I would try to first work without one. If you believe you are getting scr****, then get a lawyer. I can show you total payout's w/ a lawyer vs. w/out a lawyer. The total in not much more w/ a lawyer but what you end up seeing is a lot less.

Biglue
07-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Damn Mike, sorry to hear about your accident. Hang in there brutha. Get yourself right physically, then worry about the lawyer stuff. Good luck.

lucky
07-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Holley shit Mikey - Glad your alive - that was f'n crazy ! I'll call you tonight buddy - once again holley shit ! glad your in a chevy ! :D

Some Kind Of Monster
07-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Is that the fire station right across the street in the pics? It looks like that fire fighter is reaching for your wallet in your pocket..

WishIknew
07-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Oh chit. Not a good week for HB people.Here is the one that I will be working with, his anme is Jeff Ostreicher 602-495-9745. Those back boards suck. I was lucky and was in it for about 20 minutes. Oh this Jeff was refered to me by my boss, he did some work for his daughter. Boy looks like a new truck and a new boat for you.:)
Sorry about the accident hope all is well. But this other guy ??? get a new truck ok geta new BOAT ????? WTF?????

Pro Max
07-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Thank god the wall was not solid grouted
Glad your ok

squirt'nmyload
07-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Highly reccomend you get legal advise. I attempted this myself once and got nothing but bull shit. A lawyer should not take 70%, its is normally 30%, but work that out before you get started.
I know a good guy in Tempe, the girl friend worked for him, I havent seen him in years, but he was an animal in the courts,
His name is David Cantor 480 858 0070. Tell him big Chris from Cali sent you, (he may hang up on you!)
ha ha...i know him very well. i do his glass work on his beemer. was there last week :)

HOOTER SLED-
07-02-2007, 01:33 PM
MRS HERE
That looks crazy!!!! I'm glad ur ok sweetie!!!!!!!

yopengo
07-02-2007, 01:44 PM
Holy crap!!! Glad you are okay. Could you get any closer to the fire station?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Just woke up from a 4 hour nap and let me tell you. I am hurting more and more as every hour goes bye:sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes: My girlfriend said wait a few days and it will really hurt. Man, she wasnt lying!!!!! I went to the towing yard this morning and I cant believe that Im still alive:eek: I will try to get some more pics tomorrow if Im feeling ok. I will say this though..................................
Everytime I log on and read everyones replies. It makes be feel 100 times better and it puts a huge smile on my face:) :) :) :) :) :) I cant thank you guys enough.
Michael

RandyH
07-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Note to Self, Show these photos to my wife, keep the Denali and to hell with the Buick Crossover.
Glad you are alright. Glad to see that wall wasn't core filled with Steel or Concrete like Rex said. Get well soon,
RandyH

riverbound
07-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Dang dude.....glad to see you are alright:eek: If you get bored, I will start some shi!t with you on here to help you pass the time ;) :D
Good to see you were able to walk away from this ordeal......looks like you had a interesting day.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Note to Self, Show these photos to my wife, keep the Denali and to hell with the Buick Crossover.
Glad you are alright. Glad to see that wall wasn't core filled with Steel or Concrete like Rex said. Get well soon,
RandyH
YES!!! Keep the Denali! The side impact airbags reall saved my azz. Just wait until I post the pics of the interior:eek: Still no broken bones and I can walk so I am very pleased with this GM vehicle;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Dang dude.....glad to see you are alright:eek: If you get bored, I will start some shi!t with you on here to help you pass the time ;) :D
Good to see you were able to walk away from this ordeal......looks like you had a interesting day.
THanks for the offer Jason :D Ill letcha know:D

squirt'nmyload
07-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Note to Self, Show these photos to my wife, keep the Denali
RandyH
i did the same thing with my ol lady :)

Twins+one
07-02-2007, 06:17 PM
I was in a terrible car accident today. I got t-boned by a guy who ran the red light. He was doing approximately 45mph. Once he hit me I was knocked out and hit the gas pedal and ran through a brick wall and stopped halfway through another fence. Luckily the fire dept was across the street. I have never been in a car accident and need help. I was NOT at fault and my truck is smashed.I am doing somewhat ok. My head is killing me and neck is stiff but I am alive;) If you know anyone out here that is good please pm me or post contact info. I am in Mesa,Arizona. Thanks Michael
Damn, that looks really bad. Glad to see you are OK
Why in Gods name do you need a lawyer????? Did the insurance company not pay? Was it a hit and run? Just a quick story then you can get back to your recovery. My wife was re-ended by a guy who was stoned and drunk, beer cans floating around the inside of the van. He and his buddies tried to run down the 101, they did get caught, but the back wheel of my wifes got pushed into her back, 5 years of physical therapy, she got a great family friend lawyer who hooked her up. LMAO!!! The kid that hit her was 17, his parents clamied bankruptcy, my wife walks with enough money to buy a used 88 volvo with 80K miles on it. She crashed a 99 Eclispe, just had been paid off. Lawyer walks to the bank with $50K in is pocket. Like I said, why in gods name do you want to get a lawyer??????? Let the insurance companies deal with it, if you do not like the outcome, refuse the offer then go get a lawyer.

squirt'nmyload
07-02-2007, 06:18 PM
didn't you say it was a suburban that hit you?

riverroyal
07-02-2007, 06:19 PM
with no measurable cuts or broken bones you most likely will get 0$,glad your ok though

'78 gt boat
07-02-2007, 06:33 PM
I hope everyhting goes well for you. I had the same thing happen to me in Mesa in '99 although I was driving a Cutlass Supreme at the time and believe me take it easy for at least a week. I was going to the Chiropractor and massage therapy for about a year and I'm still fuc!#d up a little. Glad it wasn't worse.:(

HM
07-02-2007, 06:34 PM
I think you should pull the Hate Crime card becuase we know how much they hate homosexuals in AZ.
Laughter is the best medicine. :D

707dog
07-02-2007, 06:46 PM
WOW REALITY CHECK...HOPE EVERYTHING IS GETTING BETTER AND WILL CONTINUE TO GET BETTER! WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF FIRST THEN DEAL WITH THE OTHER B.S...I THINK THE MY DENALI WILL STICK AROUND FOR AWHILE:eek: :D

78Eliminator
07-02-2007, 07:01 PM
396, keep us posted. I didn't like to hear that you were urinating blood. Please get yourself checked out and let us know what's going on. You have a lot of fans that you have not even met including me.........let us know......

seanv
07-02-2007, 07:13 PM
damn !!! glad you made it out of that ok! hope you feel better soon. sean

HokeySon
07-02-2007, 07:15 PM
I agree. PI lawyer's always "win" in these situations. I would try to first work without one. If you believe you are getting scr****, then get a lawyer. I can show you total payout's w/ a lawyer vs. w/out a lawyer. The total in not much more w/ a lawyer but what you end up seeing is a lot less.
Yeah right. I am sure the insurance industry has put together statistics like that. I bet the "consumer lawyers" have different statistics that say the exact opposite. I wouldn't trust either of them.
For more than ten years, I used to represent insurance companies in big coverage lawsuits. I know the game. I have only done two auto accident case -- one for a neighbor and one for a friend. Its not my kind of work, but I guarantee you I got them more than they would have got on their own since thet went that route first and got stiffed and I got them some cash to cover their bills and such.
Even so, like I said initially, unless you need med care on credit. just take your time on deciding if you want a lawyer and who you want. It is a big decision.

Pink Shocker
07-02-2007, 07:27 PM
WOW! I am glad you are okay. Your ride needs some major surgery though. It is a sad sight to see, but keep your head up because you are alive and that is the most important. Good luck with the healing process!!

Classic Daycruiser
07-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Go to the doctor. Have them do a CT scan of your entire body. They may also want to do an MRI scan. If you suspect blood in your urine, get a urine test to check for blood cells.
Once your health is known, get an attorney. Most will take a case like your's for 25% of your settlement. Most attorney's will not let you settle an injury accident for two years in Arizona (so figure out if you can work in the mean time)
The CT scan is to look for broken bones, swelling, and bleeding. This needs to be done ASAP, as a headache could be a sign of swelling of the brain. If you do not get treatment, your word is not worth a penny.
1) Get treatment
2) Get attorney
3) Get well
4) Get paid for pain and suffering
Did the other driver have insurance??? Did you have insurance???:idea:

Classic Daycruiser
07-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Go to the doctor. Have them do a CT scan of your entire body. They may also want to do an MRI scan. If you suspect blood in your urine, get a urine test to check for blood cells.
Once your health is known, get an attorney. Most will take a case like your's for 25% of your settlement. Most attorney's will not let you settle an injury accident for two years in Arizona (so figure out if you can work in the mean time)
The CT scan is to look for broken bones, swelling, and bleeding. This needs to be done ASAP, as a headache could be a sign of swelling of the brain. If you do not get treatment, your word is not worth a penny.
1) Get treatment
2) Get attorney
3) Get well
4) Get paid for pain and suffering
Did the other driver have insurance??? Did you have insurance???:idea:

riverbound
07-03-2007, 08:55 AM
THanks for the offer Jason :D Ill letcha know:D
Jason:confused:
but as much as you want me to throw out some racial stuff... I refuse ;) :D
i sent these pics to my ex.....she is thinking about getting rid of her tahoe and getting a convertible.....I wasnt down for it, since my kids are always in the car with her.
Looks like she is keeping the Tahoe now.;)

Rvr Swpr
07-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Everything has been said in this thread,bottom line Mike is you need to know if any internal damage.Not next week,but today.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Today is day 3 and I feel worse:mad: I have spoken to several people and this is not an easy taks. I am going to see a doctor today and getting a full body cat scan done. I couldnt sleep the last 2 nites at all. I had a cat scan done on sunday but it was just on my head and neck. My insurance is working on stuff for me as we I type. The sad thing is that the police dept is screwing me around with my police report. I still dont have any of the guys information:mad: Not to mention that I am carless at the moment:mad: I will keep you guys posted;)
Michael

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-03-2007, 10:16 AM
Jason:confused:
but as much as you want me to throw out some racial stuff... I refuse ;) :D
i sent these pics to my ex.....she is thinking about getting rid of her tahoe and getting a convertible.....I wasnt down for it, since my kids are always in the car with her.
Looks like she is keeping the Tahoe now.;)
My bad bro, the drugs are not helping me plus my memory isnt too well right now.
Please keep you ex in a heavy SUV! It will save her life and the kids!!!!!!!!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-03-2007, 10:20 AM
with no measurable cuts or broken bones you most likely will get 0$,glad your ok though
I dont care about $$$. I just want my Denali replaced(and all the damages that were made),medical paid for and loss wages replaced. Im not a greedy individual by any means. I just want everything to be replaced to the way it was before Sunday July 1st 2007 at 12pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

riverroyal
07-03-2007, 10:57 AM
I dont care about $$$. I just want my Denali replaced(and all the damages that were made),medical paid for and loss wages replaced. Im not a greedy individual by any means. I just want everything to be replaced to the way it was before Sunday July 1st 2007 at 12pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
well that you will get,you own insurance will take care of the denali then go after the other guy if he is uninsured.It takes a very long time though,be patient even though its very aggrovating.Again your glad your ok,I just looked at the pics again,I think your a bit lucky,driver door is in bad shape

Biglue
07-03-2007, 11:40 AM
I think you should pull the Hate Crime card becuase we know how much they hate homosexuals in AZ.
Laughter is the best medicine. :D
Now that's fokn funny.
Glad you're doing good Mike. Keep us posted mabrutha.

DeepVee
07-03-2007, 11:59 AM
... Not to mention that I am carless at the moment...
With our second accident we went and got a rental car pretty quick, within a few days. We initially gave the rental company our credit card but told them the final bill would be paid by insurance. We had the car for at least a week before I got the insurance billing information to give the rental company, but it worked out just fine in the end.
That's crap about not being able to get the other person's name and info. You should at least be able to get the other driver's info from the reporting officer. Our final police report took about a week and then I had to have them correct the write up.
I just hope the person who caused this has insurance and if they do they don't have min. Arizona coverage. The min. Arizona $10K/$15K/$30K coverage sucks and won't pay for crap since the bills in an accident like this run up fast.
If you have any external injuries, take pictures of the injuries, it'll help you argue your pain and suffering.
Hope you feel better.

KLEPTOW
07-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Dude take care of your self first. That means worrie about your health right now and everything else can wait.
BE ADVISED THAT WHEN YOU GO TO GET ANY MEDICAL HELP THEY WILL TRY TO GET YOU TO SIGN WAVERS THAT WILL GIVE THEM RIGHTS TO ANY SETTLEMENT YOU MAY HAVE COMING, DONT SIGN EVEN IN YOUR OWN HMO's office.
I was involved in a head on with a none insured California native about 12 years ago, and no I did not get a attorney so I will go over a couple of things for you to watch out for.
First of all don't sign anything from anyone, that includes people you trust.( Not even your own personal doctor) yes even he will try to get in your pocket.
Second thing is document everything, and i mean everything every phone call every e-mail, every letter, who it went to and why, how long took and the nature of that call.
You are entitlted to medical care under any work medical plan you may already have through your job. Again dont sign anything out of the normal docs that you would sign in your doctors office.
pm me if you any questions.
-Brian

DeepVee
07-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Again dont sign anything out of the normal docs that you would sign in your doctors office...
Brian is right. We had a chiropractor come after us for more money after they discovered we had settled the insurance. This even after the chiro. had been fully paid by our medical insurance provider. We had every single EOB and all the billing info so we copied it all, sent it back to them, told them to stick it and informed them that we were filing a false billing claim with the AZ medical billing board (whatever it's called). Have not heard from them again. It pays to have a wife familiar with medical billing and the AZ reg's.:D

KLEPTOW
07-03-2007, 12:23 PM
One more thing, Pray he has insurance.
If not you can look at your own insurance policy and find out the max that you may be entitled to, it's called uninsured motorist coverage, and like most of us we don't think we will need it so we cheap out and go with the min.
Ouch that hurts again just to think about it.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-03-2007, 01:08 PM
I just finally got his info. i called his wife and she gave me his insurance info. har first words were"are you ok" " I am very sorry for the accident" "My husband feels really bad because he wasnt paying attention" She was very polite on the phone to me. I know that they are at at fault and so do they. im just glad that they have insurance and they werent jerks to me. Now Im going to contact the insurance company for a rental. i have an attorney working on my case already;) Thanks for all the help guys.
Oh and I am going back to the doctor today:)
Michael

KLEPTOW
07-03-2007, 01:33 PM
I just finally got his info. i called his wife and she gave me his insurance info. har first words were"are you ok" " I am very sorry for the accident" "My husband feels really bad because he wasnt paying attention" She was very polite on the phone to me. I know that they are at at fault and so do they. im just glad that they have insurance and they werent jerks to me. Now Im going to contact the insurance company for a rental. i have an attorney working on my case already;) Thanks for all the help guys.
Oh and I am going back to the doctor today:)
Michael
Start a journal and put that conversation in it, time date ect... Don't be supprised if everything said changes.

photo chick
07-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Damn Michael I'm so sorry to see/hear this. glad you're ok....that sweet ride doesn't look so hot....bummer!:) Good luck

roostwear
07-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Now Im going to contact the insurance company for a rental. i have an attorney working on my case already;) Thanks for all the help guys.
Why?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Why?
I dont have a vehicle! I need to get to a doctor,etc.........

Some Kind Of Monster
07-03-2007, 03:12 PM
I dont have a vehicle! I need to get to a doctor,etc.........
I think he meant why do you have an attorney working on your case?

roostwear
07-03-2007, 04:06 PM
That's what I meant. A lawyer won't buy you a car, give you rides, or get you medical coverage. What did your insurance agent/representative tell you?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-03-2007, 05:12 PM
****UPDATE*****
I called the other guys insurance and they WILL NOT give me a rental:mad: I was polite and courteous and he was still a f***ing jerk to me:mad: I politely told him that I would just call an ambulance to be picked up for a ride to the ER for my checkups:mad: My insurance isnt doing anything as of yet either:( Looks like the person that gets hurt or has property damage always gets the short end of the stick:mad:
So I then try to get my own rental and 2 different locations were very rude to me on the phone:mad: One guy said this"You better hurry your ass up" Im closing in 20 minutes and I aint waiting":mad: I dont even have words to explain how I feel now:(

sdpm
07-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Damn Mike. I wish I was closer to you to help you out. Hang tight bro. Things will work out.

KLEPTOW
07-03-2007, 05:47 PM
****UPDATE*****
I called the other guys insurance and they WILL NOT give me a rental:mad: I was polite and courteous and he was still a f***ing jerk to me:mad: I politely told him that I would just call an ambulance to be picked up for a ride to the ER for my checkups:mad: My insurance isnt doing anything as of yet either:( Looks like the person that gets hurt or has property damage always gets the short end of the stick:mad:
So I then try to get my own rental and 2 different locations were very rude to me on the phone:mad: One guy said this"You better hurry your ass up" Im closing in 20 minutes and I aint waiting":mad: I dont even have words to explain how I feel now:(
Man I feel your pain, I been there done that. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but now that you have legal representation doors will start closing even faster as they tell you to call your lawyer.
Be patient nothing is going to happen over night it will be a very long slow process.

ratso
07-03-2007, 06:16 PM
****UPDATE*****
What Insurance company, phone number, email address, and agents name?:D

Classic Daycruiser
07-03-2007, 06:17 PM
This is why you pay the attorney, tell him you need a rental until yours is fixed. If they can't guide you through renting a car, look for another lawyer.
Your attorney should also let you know how your bills are being paid. If thay can't tell you, then find another lawyer.
A good lawyer takes care of the little things most notibly missed otherwise by their client. Meaning, anything related to that accident should go through your lawyer. :chi: :chi:
Also, besure to show your lawyer this thread on ***boat.

ratso
07-03-2007, 06:20 PM
This is why you pay the attorney, tell him you need a rental until yours is fixed. If they can't guide you through renting a car, look for another lawyer.
Your attorney should also let you know how your bills are being paid. If thay can't tell you, then find another lawyer.
A good lawyer takes care of the little things most notibly missed otherwise by their client. Meaning, anything related to that accident should go through your lawyer. :chi: :chi:
Also, besure to show your lawyer this thread on ***boat.
Exactly... sometimes the only way to deal with a scumbag is to hire a scumbag...:D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Man I feel your pain, I been there done that. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but now that you have legal representation doors will start closing even faster as they tell you to call your lawyer.
Be patient nothing is going to happen over night it will be a very long slow process.
What kills me is that they didnt issue me a rental car:confused: I didnt tell them that I had a lawyer:confused: I dont expect it to happen very quickly but I would like to see them issue me a rental since I wasnt at fault:confused: If I was at faul then I would understand:confused:

riverbound
07-03-2007, 06:41 PM
What kills me is that they didnt issue me a rental car:confused: I didnt tell them that I had a lawyer:confused: I dont expect it to happen very quickly but I would like to see them issue me a rental since I wasnt at fault:confused: If I was at faul then I would understand:confused:
I think they will only offer a rental if you have rental car on your policy.
If I were you I would ask them if they knew who they are talking to, and if they say no.......give them your boot stamp of approval.....maybe then they will wise up ;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-03-2007, 06:42 PM
More pics......
If you look at the pic of the steering wheel you can see where I was holding on:eek: My strength bent the hell out of it:eek:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Image0062.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Image0072.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Image0084.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Image0092.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Image0092.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Image0132.jpg

Classic Daycruiser
07-03-2007, 06:49 PM
There is a possibly there may not be enough insurance to go around and fix everything and everybody. You crashed through someones backyard...Who do you think is going to pay for the wall???
You think the other guy, but why would he??? It was not his denali that went through the fense. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Wait until somebody sues you for a 5 night stay at the Biltmore because they no longer feel safe in there house. You need an attorney, and at this point just hope with everybody involved that all the bills get paid.:mad: :mad:
Just remember, your alive, your alive, your alive:D :D :D

Classic Daycruiser
07-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Only if you drive with your hands in your crotch:D :D :D On a more serious note...hows the groin:D :rolleyes:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-03-2007, 06:54 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/truck111.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/truck22.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/truck55.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/truck66.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/truck77.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/truck88.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/truck99.JPG

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-03-2007, 06:56 PM
There is a possibly there may not be enough insurance to go around and fix everything and everybody. You crashed through someones backyard...Who do you think is going to pay for the wall???
You think the other guy, but why would he??? It was not his denali that went through the fense. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Wait until somebody sues you for a 5 night stay at the Biltmore because they no longer feel safe in there house. You need an attorney, and at this point just hope with everybody involved that all the bills get paid.:mad: :mad:
Just remember, your alive, your alive, your alive:D :D :D
Tell me about it!!!! The homeowners are good people. I stopped by thier house first. I told them that i would pay out of my pocket for the fence as soon as they got back in town next week. Even though the other guy cause me to hit the fence, I still want to make things better for that guy. He saved my life and I owe it to him;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Only if you drive with your hands in your crotch:D :D :D
I was making a left turn:cry: minding my own business dreaming about KFC and watermelon :D :D

Classic Daycruiser
07-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Red light runner:mad: :mad: :mad:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Red light runner:mad: :mad: :mad:
Yup! I looked over my shoulder and saw him looking down reading paperwork:mad:

Ralph Brunt
07-03-2007, 07:36 PM
damn mike glad your alive, stay strong friend
ralph

sdpm
07-03-2007, 08:01 PM
If your thinking about KFC and Watermelon there ain't a damn thing wrong with you! You look like you are all swollen up or have you been working out?;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-03-2007, 08:17 PM
If your thinking about KFC and Watermelon there ain't a damn thing wrong with you! You look like you are all swollen up or have you been working out?;)
LMFAO!!!!!!! I have been trainning lightly lately so i am actually down 15lbs

uvindex
07-03-2007, 08:23 PM
I was making a left turn:cry: minding my own business dreaming about KFC and watermelon :D :DLOL -- your sense of humor is undamaged. :) Hope you get better soon and also wish you a good resolution with the insurance and other stuff!

3 daytona`s
07-03-2007, 08:33 PM
LMFAO!!!!!!! I have been trainning lightly lately so i am actually down 15lbs
Are we going on a 4th of July vacation:idea: :)

Riverdog1
07-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Sorry about the Jimmy Bro. That sucks. Glad you're ok. Driver's side T-Bone sucks. I got passenger sided, almost ran me into the canal. I know of someone really good in the Tempe area. I will look for the card. Not cheap though, it was like 5k to start. Let me know because you get it back after you win.

pw_Tony
07-03-2007, 08:53 PM
****UPDATE*****
By law they have to set you up with a rental car.
I work with insurance companys and when you're a claimant they can be real assholes!!!
Have to be firm and threatin them with a lawyer sometimes.
Good luck!

Xlration Marine
07-03-2007, 09:23 PM
****UPDATE*****
I just saw this and didn't read any other reply's. Are you kidding me, no rental thats bull stink. Don't do anything stupid that would ruin your settlement, like going to the lake and running all over the place. Document every little acke and pain even if you hink it's small. And look over your sholder they may be video taping you and fallowing you around. They don't want to pay any more than they have to. Hell they may offer you a cheep import for your chevy. I have a lawyer and he get's 1/3 of what I get, big deal he takes care of everything.Do not even talk to this other persons Insuance company, NO RECORDINGS. Play hard ball cuz they are. Don't put up with there chit, get back in there face. No rental, what a joke. Find your self an SUV cuz that swhat you had, they are like $70.00 a day. Stick it to them, or tell them to get a new one in your drive way and FAST. If they don't total that truck out get them for loss of value as well, that thousands right there. These guys are scumbags and will do whatever it takes to save their company money. Good Luck.

HavaSkank
07-03-2007, 09:25 PM
I could only muster the strength to read the first and last page of this thread. Any threat that solicits ambulance chasers doesnt deserve attention, but I understand you were looking for some advise.
First and foremost, you need to obtain a copy of the police report to determine who they list at fault. A claims adjuster has to receive all the pertinent information before a single cent is provided. Plaintiff whores, umm...I mean personal injury attorneys, spend approximately 2 hours on your case and earn an ugly percentage of any settlement.
You're better off leaving the leisure suit out of this. Insurance companies MUST comply with state laws and regulations. If you're intitled to a settlement, they'll be willing to negotiate. Dont rack up chiro bills in an attempt to raise a settlement offer..it doesnt work. You become a red flag. If you're hurt and need medical assistance, GO TO YOUR FAMILY DOCTOR. Leave a cash-cow chiro out of this.
I could go on, but people stopped reading 4 lines in when a thread doesnt contain the words TITS or SWALLOW.

talkinghead
07-03-2007, 09:28 PM
God Bless our Emergency Responders - it looks like they took good care of you under the circumstances...

Xlration Marine
07-03-2007, 09:32 PM
I think they will only offer a rental if you have rental car on your policy.
If I were you I would ask them if they knew who they are talking to, and if they say no.......give them your boot stamp of approval.....maybe then they will wise up ;)
Not realy true, sorry. I had a bimmer and it was hit by a punk. I told his insurance company that they WILL be paying for a rental, they said no problem. Don't back down, get in there face. They just want you to screw up so they don't have to pay. My rental alone cost them $350.00, they didn't like that very much, but to bad for them. They are at fault and they will have to pay every cent, and then some. Get a Cady.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-03-2007, 09:39 PM
God Bless our Emergency Responders - it looks like they took good care of you under the circumstances...
They did a geat job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be driving back by there soon to thank them;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Not realy true, sorry. I had a bimmer and it was hit by a punk. I told his insurance company that they WILL be paying for a rental, they said no problem. Don't back down, get in there face. They just want you to screw up so they don't have to pay. My rental alone cost them $350.00, they didn't like that very much, but to bad for them. They are at fault and they will have to pay every cent, and then some. Get a Cady.
I am going to the airport to get a rental tonight. i have to drop $300 for a deposit:mad: Atleast I will be able to see my doctor on thursday;) i wish I could get a caddy! i will be up thier asses on thursday morning(my ins and his ins). Not going to be rude by any means. Just very stern:devil: :devil:

Classic Daycruiser
07-03-2007, 11:08 PM
really!!!! you would of thought there was a a bus load of four year old with all that attention:D :D :D
I also get a flash back of mom saying to be sure to put on a clean pair of drawers:eek: :idea:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/truck66.JPG

Tom Brown
07-03-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm sorry about the accident, Mike. You have my best wishes with your recovery.
- Tom :)

Rvr Swpr
07-04-2007, 07:37 AM
When you can,get a print of this thread and file it.

Rvr Swpr
07-04-2007, 07:52 AM
I could only muster the strength to read the first and last page of this thread. Any threat that solicits ambulance chasers doesnt deserve attention, but I understand you were looking for some advise.
First and foremost, you need to obtain a copy of the police report to determine who they list at fault. A claims adjuster has to receive all the pertinent information before a single cent is provided. Plaintiff whores, umm...I mean personal injury attorneys, spend approximately 2 hours on your case and earn an ugly percentage of any settlement.
You're better off leaving the leisure suit out of this. Insurance companies MUST comply with state laws and regulations. If you're intitled to a settlement, they'll be willing to negotiate. Dont rack up chiro bills in an attempt to raise a settlement offer..it doesnt work. You become a red flag. If you're hurt and need medical assistance, GO TO YOUR FAMILY DOCTOR. Leave a cash-cow chiro out of this.
I could go on, but people stopped reading 4 lines in when a thread doesnt contain the words TITS or SWALLOW.
If DCB built women,you would be the mold.

'78 gt boat
07-04-2007, 09:24 AM
****UPDATE*****
When this happened to me my insurance provided the rental and then they went back to the other guys insurance company and stuck the bill to them cause they didn't want to provide one until THEY decided who was at fault. It sucks but you will see more of this crap as things progress like the repairs to your car and how much medical they they consider to be enough. The other insurance company goes by a book on how much medical is reasonable based on your injuries from the accident not by how you feel or how long it taked you to recover. Just a little FYI for ya.

n8dawg
07-04-2007, 09:28 AM
Damn glad your okay bro! That accident looks pretty bad. Talk about a jolt to the head!
Hang in there, and get lots of rest!:D

Wet Dream
07-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Damn dude. Glad to see that you're not hospitalized. But who took the pics?? :confused:

Bigern
07-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Damn brother!!!!! You sounded good on the phone Monday considering the impact. Glad your o.k. If ya need to talk, drop by or drop a line....:)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Still fighting with insurace. Cant seem to find a doctor that will treat me and defer payments. The other guys insurance is dragging thier feet. I fired an attorney already. The one I have is supposed to be one of the best out here. Had to return my rental because $$ is getting very low. Now Im down to walking:cry: Im still fighting and will not stop! My head is still hurting very badly:( i have been having nightmares and I have been hearing voices and weird noises:( Im not asking for sympathy by any means. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing and whats going on.
*Note to everyone* Be thankful for what have and achieved because you never know when you go from having alot to being completely wiped out. I can honestly say that I took alot of things for granted in my past. Now I have opened my eyes and realize that things can change with a blink of an eye.
Spitter

Aqua Boogie1
07-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Good luck and take care of urself. I hope you can get this taken care of real soon.

Jordy
07-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Ok, perhaps I missed it, but shouldn't your insurance be helping you out in this case with the doctor bills, the rental car and the like, and then going after the other guy and his insurance??? That is what you pay them for afterall. :idea:

HalletDave
07-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Michael,
Hang in there and have faith.

Miss Perfect
07-11-2007, 10:45 AM
Ok, perhaps I missed it, but shouldn't your insurance be helping you out in this case with the doctor bills, the rental car and the like, and then going after the other guy and his insurance??? That is what you pay them for afterall. :idea:
Exactly what I was going to say. Why are you having to handle the rental car, talking with his insurance, etc? I have been hit a couple of times and my insurance company handles everything for me.
I don't understand why you are doing all of this yourself.

RitcheyRch
07-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the update. Hang in there. I would think your insurance company would be handling matters.

HokeySon
07-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Still fighting with insurace. Cant seem to find a doctor that will treat me and defer payments. The other guys insurance is dragging thier feet. I fired an attorney already. The one I have is supposed to be one of the best out here. Had to return my rental because $$ is getting very low. Now Im down to walking:cry: Im still fighting and will not stop! My head is still hurting very badly:( i have been having nightmares and I have been hearing voices and weird noises:( Im not asking for sympathy by any means. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing and whats going on.
*Note to everyone* Be thankful for what have and achieved because you never know when you go from having alot to being completely wiped out. I can honestly say that I took alot of things for granted in my past. Now I have opened my eyes and realize that things can change with a blink of an eye.
Spitter
You have a new lawyer right? He should be dealing with this. Tell him you need medical care NOW. There are a ton of Drs. that will provide care on a "lien basis," but the lawyer needs to set it up. If he cannot do that quickly and easily, find one that can. Those are some serious symptoms you are describing.
PS: I returned your PM and left you my number, call if you want.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Exactly what I was going to say. Why are you having to handle the rental car, talking with his insurance, etc? I have been hit a couple of times and my insurance company handles everything for me.
I don't understand why you are doing all of this yourself.
Sweetheart, I have been getting the run around for a week:( Thats why i stepped up to the plate and started doing for myself.

squirt'nmyload
07-11-2007, 11:42 AM
Sweetheart, I have been getting the run around for a week:( Thats why i stepped up to the plate and started doing for myself.
sounds like you need to fire your insurance company.......if you need to get anywhere call me, i'm home :)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-11-2007, 11:42 AM
sounds like you need to fire your insurance company.......if you need to get anywhere call me, i'm home :)
Whats you number Brian?

Miss Perfect
07-11-2007, 11:43 AM
I suggest when all this is over to find a new insurance company. Who do you have anyways?
I hope you feel better soon :)

Biglue
07-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Hang in there Mike. This shit will pass before you know it bro. Best of luck.
And if I were in AZ, I wouldn't mind hooking you up with a ride here and there......you'd chip in on gas tho. :D ;)

squirt'nmyload
07-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Whats you number Brian?
add forgeting shit to the list :D :D sent ya a pm

Biglue
07-11-2007, 11:56 AM
add forgeting shit to the list :D :D sent ya a pm
LMFAO......betcha it comes from all that ganja. :D

Xlration Marine
07-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Spitter
Hate to tell you but what ever sleep patern you had will soon start to be screwed up. Those nightmares suck,lol I had mine for a few days. I would give you some pills but it's against the law. My insurance company called me last week wanting to settle, not! I'm not even back to work yet. Don't get a lawyer off TV or the back of the yellow pages, they suck. Don't do it to sue them but do it to protect your own interest's. They don't give a shit about you, just what they can screw you out of. Sounds like the Scank hit some one and had the pants sued off her.

BoneDaddy
07-11-2007, 12:23 PM
ouch!

Gator Gal
07-11-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm a paralegal in Florida. What you need to do is find a lawyer who is board certified in personal injury and/or civil trials. Don't bother with any attorney who isn't board certified. If you don't have any luck, send me a PM and I'll see if I can find one for you.
Take care.

OverKill
07-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Mike Im at home now. Give me a call as soon as you see this post.
James

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Just talked to my attorney and told him I need help now and today! He got me a number to a doctor which is a personal friend. I call them and tried to make a appointment and I was denied. The lady said that they dont do 3rd party billing. I tried to convince her that the doctor was a personal friend of my attorney and she wouldnt let me talk to the doctor. I then called my attorney and ONCE AGAIN HE WAS ON ANOTHER PHONE CALL:mad: I kindly told her that if he didnt call be before 4pm that I was going to find someone else to rep me. 5 minutes after that he called me back. Hmmm, how about that:idea: He said that he would callhis friend again and try to get me in soon. It might be early part of next week but he would get me in.
I told him that I WILL be seen by someone and somehow by tomorrow morning! I am going to probably get rid of this guy because he is worthless:mad:

Biglue
07-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Just talked to my attorney and told him I need help now and today! He got me a number to a doctor which is a personal friend. I call them and tried to make a appointment and I was denied. The lady said that they dont do 3rd party billing. I tried to convince her that the doctor was a personal friend of my attorney and she wouldnt let me talk to the doctor. I then called my attorney and ONCE AGAIN HE WAS ON ANOTHER PHONE CALL:mad: I kindly told her that if he didnt call be before 4pm that I was going to find someone else to rep me. 5 minutes after that he called me back. Hmmm, how about that:idea: He said that he would callhis friend again and try to get me in soon. It might be early part of next week but he would get me in.
I told him that I WILL be seen by someone and somehow by tomorrow morning! I am going to probably get rid of this guy because he is worthless:mad:
Mike, why hasn't your insurance stepped up to cover some of your medical attention needs? That's bullshit.

Miss Perfect
07-11-2007, 02:25 PM
I still cannot for the life of me understand why you are dealing with all of this yourself. What insurance company do you have that is not helping you get the medical attention you need? Maybe the insurance guys can correct me if I am wrong, but YOUR insurance should pay for the rental, the medical, etc and then the insurance companies work it out between themselves in the end.
What insurance company do you have?

Biglue
07-11-2007, 02:28 PM
I still cannot for the life of me understand why you are dealing with all of this yourself. What insurance company do you have that is not helping you get the medical attention you need? Maybe the insurance guys can correct me if I am wrong, but YOUR insurance should pay for the rental, the medical, etc and then the insurance companies work it out between themselves in the end.
Sometimes people opt out paying for a rental because a lot of insurance companies pay only a portion of what it costs to rent a car per day. But I don't get why they have not stepped to get him medical attention.

Miss Perfect
07-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Sometimes people opt out paying for a rental because a lot of insurance companies pay only a portion of what it costs to rent a car per day. But I don't get why they have not stepped to get him medical attention.
Right, the last time I got hit I did not need a rental and the insurance paid me $25/day or something like that. Although he said he is walking, so I don't think his opting out was the issue.
Not getting Medical attention is rediculous. I just want to know what company he uses so that I never use them.

Baja Big Dog
07-11-2007, 02:49 PM
I like Skank got bored after a few pages of this bull shit...are you saying that you drive a pimp mobile like yours with out insurance? I think not, and there fore why are you dicking around with doctors, and rental companies?
Come on, get with it.
First, if this is the other guys fault they will pay for your rental car, period, and they must pay you for a car equal to what you were driving, some companies will tell you they will cover 25 or 30 bucks a day, which is what they will pay for their insured persons rental, bull shit, I rented caddies when my Acura was wrecked, to the tune of 60 bucks a day for over 35 days, and yes they paid, they were not happy, but who gives a shit, they paid.
Again, I got bored but what insurance company do you have? You dont deal with all the bull shit, YOUR insurance company does, regardless of whose fauld it is, if you incure bills, pay them and settle the costs in court, with or without legal help.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Coast national insurance
Im still wondering the same thing:confused: I am searching for a good attorney as i type;)

02HoWaRd26
07-11-2007, 11:58 PM
WOW that looks like you were VERY lucky the truck is trash but that is easily replaced compared to what else could have happened, hope the recovery goes well!!!

Xlration Marine
07-12-2007, 05:27 AM
Coast national insurance
Im still wondering the same thing:confused: I am searching for a good attorney as i type;)
WHO?? Never heard of them. Heck I have 30 days of rental and $30.00 a day for that rental. Your agent is a POS. Heck I have the money to fix my truck like last week. Your are getting screwed young man.

roostwear
07-12-2007, 08:02 AM
After Googling "Coast National", I found this web page (http://www.clarion-call.org/sigh/bristol/coast.htm). It looks like you may have a long road ahead if this is indicative. Still not convinced an attorney is the best route, but I would sure as hell start getting in the insurance comissioner's ear. You may need to become one hell of a squeeky wheel. Best of luck

dragboat
07-12-2007, 08:25 AM
After Googling "Coast National", I found this web page (http://www.clarion-call.org/sigh/bristol/coast.htm). It looks like you may have a long road ahead if this is indicative. Still not convinced an attorney is the best route, but I would sure as hell start getting in the insurance comissioner's ear. You may need to become one hell of a squeeky wheel. Best of luck
I took a minute to read the page, NOT GOOD.

Xlration Marine
07-12-2007, 08:27 AM
Hey did any one get a ticket for this. And have you a copy of the police report yet??

2Driver
07-12-2007, 08:38 AM
First off, glad you are up and moving.
Second, I would be aware of what you post to a public fourum. It could be used against you in court. I would also be aware of how your current actions might effect your case.
Defense Attorney:
“Well he couldn’t have been too bad off your honor he was up and typing in a public forum the same day. If he was really injured he would have been at a doctor/hospital regardless of cost or who paid. He seemed more interested in securing an attorney than seeking help for his supposed injuries."
If you are hurt go to the Docotor and worry later about who pays. I too am not sure why you are not using either insurance company (yours or the other drivers)

Xlration Marine
07-12-2007, 09:01 AM
Check this one out." If you are NATIVE AMERICAN you do not have to have insurance". Meening O-Well.

dragboat
07-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Still fighting with insurance. Cant seem to find a doctor that will treat me and defer payments. The other guys insurance is dragging their feet. I fired an attorney already. The one I have is supposed to be one of the best out here. Had to return my rental because $$ is getting very low. Now I'm down to walking:cry: I'm still fighting and will not stop! My head is still hurting very badly:( i have been having nightmares and I have been hearing voices and weird noises:( I'm not asking for sympathy by any means. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing and whats going on.
*Note to everyone* Be thankful for what have and achieved because you never know when you go from having allot to being completely wiped out. I can honestly say that I took allot of things for granted in my past. Now I have opened my eyes and realize that things can change with a blink of an eye.
Spitter
That really hits home with me.
I was there about 17 years ago. Dam tough year.:(
It sounds like 396 needs a friend....or 10.
I want to jump in somewhere.
How spooky would it be to know your in trouble physically and not be able to see the doctor, not to mention a totaled truck.
It sounds like the insurance company's are not there to help.
Michael, you have a great sense of humor so I thought (hope) you might get a kick out of this:
Maybe we could start a
" Buy Michael Some Tylenol" fund.
Or "Rent Spitter a Car With a Hitch" fund.
I don't mean to make light of your bad situation, it's dam serious . I've worn those shoes and I lost plenty.
Just hate to see a good man in a bad spot.
Hell, I'd give two weeks gas money just to see pictures of your gull wing finished or not. :D
You have allot of friends here.
What can we do to help?
:idea:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-12-2007, 09:22 AM
First off, glad you are up and moving.
Second, I would be aware of what you post to a public fourum. It could be used against you in court. I would also be aware of how your current actions might effect your case.
Defense Attorney:
“Well he couldn’t have been too bad off your honor he was up and typing in a public forum the same day. If he was really injured he would have been at a doctor/hospital regardless of cost or who paid. He seemed more interested in securing an attorney than seeking help for his supposed injuries."
If you are hurt go to the Docotor and worry later about who pays. I too am not sure why you are not using either insurance company (yours or the other drivers)
Thats understandable BUT I have tried to see alot of doctors and have been denied! Its alot tougher than what it seems like....

OverKill
07-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Mike just tell the doctors your an Illeagle, I will bet you 10 to 1 you will get the help you need.

ratso
07-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Thats understandable BUT I have tried to see alot of doctors and have been denied! Its alot tougher than what it seems like....
Exactly... I let my insurance go and am working to get with another provider... The clinic where I go, which is usually for allergies or stitches... well they expect to know right then how it is going to be paid for, before even seeing the doctor, so I either leave a credit card or a check with the receptionist. I guess if I didn't have the money, I'd be screwed.

2Driver
07-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Insurance companies are bound by regulations for making contact with you and setting up the case. They take it seriously but sometimes have to be reminded of it by the insurance commission, who by the way swings a big stick. Seriously, call the AZ insurance commission while you are trying to pick a lawyer and inform them of you dilemma.
In the meantime if you are really hurt go to the doctor and wip out the Visa if you have to.

2Driver
07-12-2007, 11:09 AM
One last thing......If you tell them you are getting a lawyer they dont have to talk to you anymore and will only speak to your lawyer for the majority of the case.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Just got a new attorney. Have a doctor visit scheduled tomorrow morning and a possible rental on monday. Had to dismiss the idiot that I had. He was piss poor. THe new firm is an upper class firm and they way they conduct business shows. I hope this will help me more then where I was. I also just recieved the police report and there is a big suprise! I have 4 witnessess that made statements and the driver was cited for running the light. One of the witnesses said that there was no brakelights(he never braked) and he was infact moving at a high rate of speed.
I would like to thank everyone for helping me,answering my questions,offering help/advice and making me feel better. Just knowing that so many people chined in this thread and said good words means alot ot me. Thanks again to all of you. I will keep you updated. My head is still hurting very badly but comming on here and rereading the nice thoughts helps me out alot.
Michael(Spitter)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-13-2007, 02:13 PM
They are already on the ball!!! Thanks for the referal;)

topless
07-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Glad thing are looking better for you.