PDA

View Full Version : 32 plug here (12/18/07)

ULTRA28
07-02-2007, 09:45 AM
It's official. We decided to hold off on tooling the 27 FC and go straight to tooling a 32. Tooling started last week. We are going full throttle on this project in order to have one in time for the LA show 2008. This will be a true tunnel, 10' beam, 32' length, full single canopy, full inner liner boat. I will have the drawings and prints online this week.
Ok here is the rendering as of 7/19/07
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Ultra-32-Shadow-FC-renderin.jpg

Cole Trickle
07-02-2007, 10:12 AM
It's official. We decided to hold off on tooling the 27 FC and go straight to tooling a 32. Tooling started last week. We are going full throttle on this project in order to have one in time for the LA show 2008. This will be a true tunnel, 10' beam, 32' length, full single canopy, full inner liner boat. I will have the drawings and prints online this week.
Cool Deal...:)
Shippingguy and Nashvillebound are gonna be thrilled:D:sqeyes:

Leverage
07-02-2007, 10:15 AM
John,
Can't wait brother. So am I getting the first or second. :D
Donnie

yopengo
07-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Congrats and I can’t wait to see it. :D

sigepmock
07-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Damn you weren't kidding......man Carrie is gonna be pissed at me:D :devil:

Johnwithjm
07-02-2007, 12:51 PM
I stoped by to check on the tooling today and it is going very well. We should have some shots of the drawing to post very soon.

dicudmore
07-02-2007, 01:04 PM
I like the sound of this project :D
I'm gonna need a 3rd job :(
32' and 10' beam, that should make for a big/roomy boat :D :D is there going to be several steps in the bottom at that length? maybe six?? :D
no such thing as "chop" in that boat :D :D

ULTRA28
07-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Only four steps needed for this one. This boat is being started from scratch. I will post pics of the progress as it comes along. We have two full time toolers working 16 hours a day, six days a week to get this done.

ultra27jay
07-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Only four steps needed for this one. This boat is being started from scratch. I will post pics of the progress as it comes along. We have two full time toolers working 16 hours a day, six days a week to get this done.
HEY JOHN, DO U HAVE ANY IDEA ON A PRICE. EVEN A EST. AND WHAT POWER. I THINK I WANT TWIN 525S OR TWIN MERC SCI 600S WHAT DO U THINK. GIVE ME A GOOD DEAL AND ILL DROP U A DEPOSIT. LET ME KNOW. AND BTY GOOD IDEA ON THE 32 FOOTER. I WAS JUST LOOKING AT A F29 TODAY. BUT NOW I THINK I WANT TO START MY OWN KOOL AID CREW.........

Johnwithjm
07-02-2007, 04:06 PM
HEY JOHN, DO U HAVE ANY IDEA ON A PRICE. EVEN A EST. AND WHAT POWER. I THINK I WANT TWIN 525S OR TWIN MERC SCI 600S WHAT DO U THINK. GIVE ME A GOOD DEAL AND ILL DROP U A DEPOSIT. LET ME KNOW. AND BTY GOOD IDEA ON THE 32 FOOTER. I WAS JUST LOOKING AT A F29 TODAY. BUT NOW I THINK I WANT TO START MY OWN KOOL AID CREW......... Jay give me a call on Tuesday and i will see what I can do for you. 951-734-6000

EmpirE231
07-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Dand this should be one sweet boat... gonna have to wait a few years for this one though :mad:

roln 20s
07-02-2007, 08:26 PM
AWESOME JW - can't wait to see it :D I wouldn't mind jumping Kool Aid crews...well as long as Mr Extreme Trucks is president :D :)
Roln 20s

ultra27jay
07-03-2007, 08:33 AM
AWESOME JW - can't wait to see it :D I wouldn't mind jumping Kool Aid crews...well as long as Mr Extreme Trucks is president :D :)
Roln 20s
u rule patrick. and u can be my vice prez......:D :D :D

Strippoker
07-03-2007, 12:21 PM
John,
Can't wait brother. So am I getting the first or second. :D
Donnie
Donnie,
Did you get the new truck yet to pull it?
:D
Thanks again for rushing that order out for me.

CornWater
07-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Shadow.... Paging Shadow....

INSman
07-03-2007, 08:10 PM
HEY JOHN, DO U HAVE ANY IDEA ON A PRICE. EVEN A EST. AND WHAT POWER. I THINK I WANT TWIN 525S OR TWIN MERC SCI 600S WHAT DO U THINK. GIVE ME A GOOD DEAL AND ILL DROP U A DEPOSIT. LET ME KNOW. AND BTY GOOD IDEA ON THE 32 FOOTER. I WAS JUST LOOKING AT A F29 TODAY. BUT NOW I THINK I WANT TO START MY OWN KOOL AID CREW.........
Hey buddy, you could also consider the Ilmor 625, 710 and the Merc 700. You could get away with 525's but you would want MORE sooner than later. TPI 848's always an option as well :eek: :D

NashvilleBound
07-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Excellent..... looking forward to seeing some drawings. You can bet I will be at the 2008 LA show in Feb(it is Feb right?) to check it out. I need to place an order by then for next season....... :idea:
Twin 710's..... I like it.

RiverOtter
07-05-2007, 01:52 PM
RiverOtter <---- Wishing he was a baller http://www.memphisracingscene.com/vb/images/smilies/peepwall.gif

Hotcobra270
07-05-2007, 03:46 PM
How is the beam measured? is it basically the width?
and what is a full inner liner?
thanks

ULTRA28
07-05-2007, 04:03 PM
How is the beam measured? is it basically the width?
and what is a full inner liner?
thanks
The beam is the width. Most boats are 8'6" max. Some are 9'. We went a full 10' for stability, performance and interior room.
Some boats have an inner liner pan instead of a floor. This boat will have a full inner liner, including side panels, seat bases, etc. It will also have a double engine hatch with scoops. The engine hatchs will open from the center and have hydraulic scissor hinges on each side.

sigepmock
07-05-2007, 04:12 PM
The beam is the width. Most boats are 8'6" max. Some are 9'. We went a full 10' for stability, performance and interior room.
Some boats have an inner liner pan instead of a floor. This boat will have a full inner liner, including side panels, seat bases, etc. It will also have a double engine hatch with scoops. The engine hatchs will open from the center and have hydraulic scissor hinges on each side.
Will there be enough room for speaker pods???:D

Hotcobra270
07-05-2007, 04:25 PM
thanks for the education... That's gonna be a big wide cat!

NashvilleBound
07-05-2007, 05:09 PM
I hope NON scooped hatches will be available with padding..... Im sure its a fraction of the price and work.....

RiverOtter
07-06-2007, 03:50 AM
I hope NON scooped hatches will be available with padding..... Im sure its a fraction of the price and work.....
Hey! No fair coaching http://www.sowal.com/bb/images/smilies/nono1.gif

NashvilleBound
07-06-2007, 04:27 AM
Hey! No fair coaching http://www.sowal.com/bb/images/smilies/nono1.gif
Muh-WAhhh???? Nevvvvvvverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :D :D

andy01
07-06-2007, 08:25 AM
First of all nice job on the beam. It is time somebody on the west coast step up and do a true tunnel wide beam cat. Is this boat going to be set up as a "fast" cat or a ""cabin cruiser"?? I look forward to seeing drawings of this boat. Will it be 32' over all lenght or 32' running surface? Who is going to be doing the rigging on these? Is it going to be setup/layed up to run the ocean? Will it take number 6 drives? What type of layup is it? Will it be front and rear cap or full cap? Are you going to do a Poker Run option as well like some of the other builders.........
Congrats John on adding yet what sounds like another very nice piece to your line up of award winning boats .
Andy

ULTRA28
07-06-2007, 09:41 AM
First of all nice job on the beam. It is time somebody on the west coast step up and do a true tunnel wide beam cat. Is this boat going to be set up as a "fast" cat or a ""cabin cruiser"?? I look forward to seeing drawings of this boat. Will it be 32' over all lenght or 32' running surface? Who is going to be doing the rigging on these? Is it going to be setup/layed up to run the ocean? Will it take number 6 drives? What type of layup is it? Will it be front and rear cap or full cap? Are you going to do a Poker Run option as well like some of the other builders.........
Congrats John on adding yet what sounds like another very nice piece to your line up of award winning boats .
Andy
32 will be the full length. Running surface just over 30. Think of it kind of like a 30 Skater with kind of an MTI back on it. We are now doing a lot of one off custom tooling. So anything is possible for finished styling. We do offer front and back cap, as well as full cap. Yes, it is being designed to accept 6 drives.
Lay up will depend on what the customer wants. We can do a standard wet lay, vaccum bag, pre preg epoxy, or resin infusion. We have done aout five times as many resin infused boats as any West coast custom builder has done, so we're pretty good at it.;)
The full canopy will be a lot like the one going on our 26 Steatlh. The same company makes our canopies that did the 388 Skater canopy.
We will have a poker run edition available. Most people are showing interest in having the driver/throttle man congiguration with the buckets together and throttles in the middle.
Most will be set up as a "fast" cat style, but we will build whatever the customer wants. So some mid cabin seats. porta potti, bed, set up will be offered too.
It will be able to run in the ocean.
We will only be able to build about ten of these a year. So I will have one team of riggers dedicated to rigging just the 32. I also have not ruled out selling this model in stages to certain clients.
I have some drawings of the boat already, I will try to post them today. I'm sure things will change to do with the deck design as the boat comes along, but at least this will allow you to see about how it will look. The swim steps/drive cover (back of the boat) will more than likely change a lot from the drawing.

ULTRA28
07-06-2007, 09:43 AM
You can order it any way you want. We will build you a flat hatch with a pad to lay out on. It will kind of depend on what engines you go with as to how flat we can get it.

andy01
07-06-2007, 11:45 AM
32 will be the full length. Running surface just over 30. Think of it kind of like a 30 Skater with kind of an MTI back on it. We are now doing a lot of one off custom tooling. So anything is possible for finished styling. We do offer front and back cap, as well as full cap. Yes, it is being designed to accept 6 drives.
Lay up will depend on what the customer wants. We can do a standard wet lay, vaccum bag, pre preg epoxy, or resin infusion. We have done aout five times as many resin infused boats as any West coast custom builder has done, so we're pretty good at it.;)
The full canopy will be a lot like the one going on our 26 Steatlh. The same company makes our canopies that did the 388 Skater canopy.
We will have a poker run edition available. Most people are showing interest in having the driver/throttle man congiguration with the buckets together and throttles in the middle.
Most will be set up as a "fast" cat style, but we will build whatever the customer wants. So some mid cabin seats. porta potti, bed, set up will be offered too.
It will be able to run in the ocean.
We will only be able to build about ten of these a year. So I will have one team of riggers dedicated to rigging just the 32. I also have not ruled out selling this model in stages to certain clients.
I have some drawings of the boat already, I will try to post them today. I'm sure things will change to do with the deck design as the boat comes along, but at least this will allow you to see about how it will look. The swim steps/drive cover (back of the boat) will more than likely change a lot from the drawing.
Sounds like a great boat. I look forward to seeing this boat complete. e-mail the drawing to me if you don't get time to post it. andy871@msn.com
I also have not ruled out selling this model in stages to certain clients. :D
Andy

voodoomedman
07-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Holy crap. I go to Havasu for the week and this happens!!!!! I hope us little guys are still important. I'll buy a bigger boat one day. Not a 32 though. I'm just going to get Nashvillebound real drunk then I'll have to drive his for him.

NashvilleBound
07-07-2007, 02:30 AM
Holy crap. I go to Havasu for the week and this happens!!!!! I hope us little guys are still important. I'll buy a bigger boat one day. Not a 32 though. I'm just going to get Nashvillebound real drunk then I'll have to drive his for him.
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D

Not So Fast
07-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Muh-WAhhh???? Nevvvvvvverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :D :D
Me thinks me sees a Magic for sale :D NSF

NashvilleBound
07-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Me thinks me sees a Magic for sale :D NSF
Should be online already..... :D

DEMOMAN
07-08-2007, 06:13 PM
:idea:

Not So Fast
07-09-2007, 07:35 AM
Should be online already..... :D
Good luck, should be a fairly rare boat back there no? Unlike Havasu where everyday, yeah yeah yeah, we know already:D NSF

catman-do
07-09-2007, 08:29 AM
Hey John, we are putting out boat up for sale in August. In the process of buying a larger house right now, so I wouldnt be able to do the credit stuff until about November, are you thinking there will still be time to order one to be ready for next year if we order in Nov? Also please email me some pics at jlawrence@bncmortgage.com if you get a chance. Any Idea on pricing? Infused hull with twin 625's, fiberglass hatches and a cabin down below. Maybe one with a closure and a/c for the baby?

ULTRA28
07-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Here is a shot of the initial drawing.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32_Shadow_FC.jpg
Here are a few shots of the bottom so far
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32_bottom_1.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32_bottom_2.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32_bottom_3.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32_bottom_4.jpg

NashvilleBound
07-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Looks good so far.... I like the sketches. When do you think the first one will be glassed?

ULTRA28
07-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Looks good so far.... I like the sketches. When do you think the first one will be glassed?
We will be laying up the first one in early January. The entire company will be dedicating January and the first few weeks of February to getting it done for the LA show. I wish we had enough time to get a second one done so I could send one to Miami. We'll have to see how fast this project moves along.

Singleton
07-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Just found my reason to attend the LA boat show. Really did not need a reason, but seeing this boat in person sure will make the show worth it. Looks great John, now all I need to do is convince the wife that the 32FC makes sense for the family.

Leverage
07-10-2007, 08:01 PM
We will be laying up the first one in early January. The entire company will be dedicating January and the first few weeks of February to getting it done for the LA show. I wish we had enough time to get a second one done so I could send one to Miami. We'll have to see how fast this project moves along.
Hey John,
Remind Jason to tell you about August. I need to get moving on it tomorrow to make it happen.
Donnie

andy01
07-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Looks great, let me know when you have a deck tooled. I would love to come down and see it in person.
Andy

ULTRA28
07-11-2007, 08:57 AM
Here is the latest sketch. The full rendering should be done this week.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/sketch.jpg

spectras only
07-11-2007, 09:55 AM
John , is the rendering scale ? Love to look of the shape from above . It's almost proportioned as a V hull if you'd extend the gunwales to a point at the bow .

ULTRA28
07-11-2007, 10:14 AM
John , is the rendering scale ? Love to look of the shape from above . It's almost proportioned as a V hull if you'd extend the gunwales to a point at the bow .
Yeah, it's to scale. The full rendering should show it even better.

25Elmn8r
07-11-2007, 10:37 AM
JW the drawings look great! I cant wait to see this thing when finished. Of course thats all I will be doing is looking! $$$$$$

ULTRA26 # 1
07-11-2007, 10:53 AM
John,
The boat look amazing. Look forward to seeing the finished product.
jm

essexjet
07-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Looks good John, I take it this is a poker run configuration, correct? Will there be different cockpit setups?

shippingguy
07-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Looks good. I am anxious to see the final product. Congrats to the Ultra crew for stepping up and doing something new and different.
Mike

shockwavebd
07-11-2007, 11:39 AM
They are swaying me towards the dark side…………………………:devil:

voodoomedman
07-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Careful in your wording. I'm sure your meaning cat hull being the dark side and not Ultra. :D I'm with you on being a V-hull guy myself but if I had baller money I'd be first in line for this bad boy.

shippingguy
07-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Not a bad thing:D I need you to step up and order one so that I can get a ride.:) This one is going to be WAAAAAYYYY out of my league $$$ at this point and time:(

shockwavebd
07-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Careful in your wording. I'm sure your meaning cat hull being the dark side and not Ultra. :D I'm with you on being a V-hull guy myself but if I had baller money I'd be first in line for this bad boy.
Yes Dark side meaning ( Cat ) I am not a cat guy but the way ultra builds boats....................This has my attention.....:idea:

ULTRA28
07-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Looks good John, I take it this is a poker run configuration, correct? Will there be different cockpit setups?
You will be able to order the boat any way you want. Most are showing interest in the six passenger cockpit poker run style with the driver and passenger sitting next to each other.

voodoomedman
07-11-2007, 12:57 PM
You will be able to order the boat any way you want. Most are showing interest in the six passenger cockpit poker run style with the driver and passenger sitting next to each other.
Actually not a bad idea. On one hand I don't want any dudes sitting that close to me but on the other hand women are always welcome. I would order a full tool boogie truck with a 60/40 split bench because it is great when the wife moves over into the middle and your cruisin in your truck with your girl next to you and your right arm around her.
Also it is nice for well you know :D No kids in the truck when that's going on though. :D

ULTRA28
07-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Actually not a bad idea. On one hand I don't want any dudes sitting that close to me but on the other hand women are always welcome. I would order a full tool boogie truck with a 60/40 split bench because it is great when the wife moves over into the middle and your cruisin in your truck with your girl next to you and your right arm around her.
Also it is nice for well you know :D No kids in the truck when that's going on though. :D
The shifter and throttles would still be between the two buckets. So it's not going to be a loveseat like some boats have.

voodoomedman
07-11-2007, 01:11 PM
The shifter and throttles would still be between the two buckets. So it's not going to be a loveseat like some boats have.
I know. Sorry I didn't clarify. I wasn't trying to compare you to you know what. I've got enough respect for you not too. Not much but enough. :D

ultra27jay
07-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Hey john, I talked to john in corona last week about getting u a deposit on the 32 footer (#3). But I called and guess he’s out sick. Should I make arrangements to meet with u or should I wait for him to feel better. I explained to him my concern about this build I hope he relayed it to u. let me know. Thanks, Jason

ULTRA28
07-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Hey john, I talked to john in corona last week about getting u a deposit on the 32 footer (#3). But I called and guess he’s out sick. Should I make arrangements to meet with u or should I wait for him to feel better. I explained to him my concern about this build I hope he relayed it to u. let me know. Thanks, Jason
Nice talking with you Jason. You are officially on the order board for 32 FC #3.

shippingguy
07-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Congrats Jay. What are you going to do for power? Can't wait to see it.
Mike

ultra27jay
07-11-2007, 03:35 PM
thanks john, it was great talking to u today thanks for all the info. I CANT WAIT!!!!!! This next year is going to go so slow......
hey mike i think its gonna start with twin 525s. i want to whipple them right a way but john w. says to wait n and put some hours on the new 525s first. but it can all change if i cash in my pennys and change jar. for some viper 710s:idea: ....we will just half to wait and see.:devil:

shippingguy
07-11-2007, 04:25 PM
thanks john, it was grate talking to u today thanks for all the info. I CANT WAIT!!!!!! This next year is going to go so slow......
hey mike i think its gonna start with twin 525s. i want to whipple them right a way but john w. says to wait n and put some hours on the new 525s first. but it can all change if i cash in my pennys and change jar. for some viper 710s:idea: ....we will just half to wait and see.:devil:
Sounds good. Maybe you should jsut step up to the 625's in the beginning and be done with it from the start. Either way it will be nice. I wish i could join the club, but it aint gonna happen:confused:

NashvilleBound
07-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Sissy :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D You have more money thant he law allows..... spread the wealth brother....spread the wealth. :D

beaverretriever
07-11-2007, 04:50 PM
One word...... SWEEEET!!!
Love so far.

Havasu_Dreamin
07-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Looks good John. Merc 700's are for kool-aid drinkers in Phoenix! LMAO :D it's an inside joke people

roln 20s
07-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Looks good John. Merc 700's are for kool-aid drinkers in Phoenix! LMAO :D it's an inside joke people
YEP -- very true statement...rumor is that the wait list is getting long :D Great talking to you earlier John -- always a pleasure :D :)
Yes, I'll take it with the poker run interior too :)
Roln 20s

Steamin' Rice
07-13-2007, 08:01 AM
Yes Dark side meaning ( Cat ) I am not a cat guy but the way ultra builds boats....................This has my attention.....:idea:
hmmmmmm........:idea:

shockwavebd
07-13-2007, 08:46 AM
hmmmmmm........:idea:
Step up lake boy..............you don't need that ocean racer any more.......:boxingguy

roln 20s
07-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Step up lake boy..............you don't need that ocean racer any more.......:boxingguy
Good point...he lives about 6 miles from me...and I'm 350 miles from the ocean :D
Roln 20s

Johnwithjm
07-14-2007, 01:31 AM
Sorry Jay I have been under the weather. I will be back in the office on Tuesday if you need anything.

Steamin' Rice
07-14-2007, 01:45 PM
Good point...he lives about 6 miles from me...and I'm 350 miles from the ocean :D
Roln 20s
hmmmm - I think I'll keep my boat for a little while. Still like to get some ocean trips in.....:D

ultra27jay
07-15-2007, 10:03 PM
Sorry Jay I have been under the weather. I will be back in the office on Tuesday if you need anything.
no worries man hope u feel better, i talked to J.w. last week and its all good. im going to get him a deposit real quick and he was able to answer a lot of questions i had.............and i also decided i want 625s with sc drives...

NashvilleBound
07-16-2007, 05:08 AM
. im going to get him a deposit real quick and he was able to answer a lot of questions i had.............and i also decided i want 625s with sc drives...
Sounds like a good combination. The new 32 should be a real performer with the Ultra looks and quality to go along with it!!!! How can you loose........ :D :D :D

RiverOtter
07-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Sounds like a good combination. The new 32 should be a real performer with the Ultra looks and quality to go along with it!!!! How can you loose........ :D :D :D
:idea: Wonder if I could get one with twin 4.3's

NashvilleBound
07-16-2007, 03:39 PM
:idea: Wonder if I could get one with twin 4.3's
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I bet you could do a single 225 Merc tho. That would leave plenty of room for the trolling motor....
If I could afford one of these(in my dreams) I think I would opt for twin 710 Ilmors...... Would that not be sweet or what?!?!??!?!

RiverOtter
07-16-2007, 04:54 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
If I could afford one of these(in my dreams) I think I would opt for twin 710 Ilmors...... Would that not be sweet or what?!?!??!?!
http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/bsflag.gif

NashvilleBound
07-16-2007, 04:56 PM
http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/bsflag.gif
What? If I had any feelings at all I think you would have hurt one :D :D :D

RiverOtter
07-16-2007, 05:03 PM
What? If I had any feelings at all I think you would have hurt one :D :D :D
"The" one :D

NashvilleBound
07-16-2007, 05:04 PM
"The" one :D
Yep, "the" one..... sniff, sniff........

ultra27jay
07-19-2007, 05:29 PM
Hail the 32...........bump the 32..............:D :D :sqeyes:

INSman
07-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Hail the 32...........bump the 32..............:D :D :sqeyes:
I call "Shotgun" on the first ride !!! :D

ULTRA28
07-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Here is the latest rendering.

NashvilleBound
07-20-2007, 03:43 AM
In your dreams Skippy.......... that seat is already taken.
Rendering looks bad ass!! Do you have dimentions for the interior? Possibly from rear of front seat to front of rear seat (walk around room) Etc.......

sigepmock
07-20-2007, 05:46 AM
Here is the latest rendering.
Damn JW that looks bad a$$.......Can't wait to see this one in person.

ultra27jay
07-20-2007, 08:26 AM
my god that is gona be a sick ride. i cant wait.............how many days and counting.??????.....I WANT TO GO FAST...........

ultra27jay
07-20-2007, 08:30 AM
NO PROBLEM, YOUR SEAT WILL BE THE ONE WITH THE DIFF COVER ON IT:D :D :D

INSman
07-21-2007, 08:30 AM
NO PROBLEM, YOUR SEAT WILL BE THE ONE WITH THE DIFF COVER ON IT:D :D :D
I promise to pick those up soon, don't want them to dirty up your new boat :D
Also need to get together on that fuel filter kit that my mechanic makes that should sell well at your shop and get you more labor.

ultra27jay
07-21-2007, 10:10 AM
I promise to pick those up soon, don't want thm to dirty up your new boat :D
Also need to get together on that fuel filter kit that my mechanic makes that should sell well at your shop and get you more labor.
Yea for sure. i would like to know more about that and how it works. let me know. thanks.

NashvilleBound
07-25-2007, 12:36 PM
How about some updated pictures.........

ultra27jay
07-25-2007, 02:25 PM
yea..........hail the 32....:D

ULTRA28
07-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Latest bottom pic.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32-3.jpg

NashvilleBound
07-27-2007, 02:32 PM
cool, three more weeks and we should have a boat!! :D :D

RiverOtter
07-27-2007, 03:42 PM
:idea: I here (from a very reliable otter) that hull #3 will have 200 more horsepower than Nashvillebounds :D

ULTRA26 # 1
07-27-2007, 07:30 PM
Latest bottom pic.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32-3.jpg
John,
The plug is moving along quickly. Seems your guys are hard at it.
Interesting step design
jm

choo choo
07-30-2007, 11:28 PM
yea..........hail the 32....:D
guess who??? choo choo... now I am on hot boat...my stock dropping drasically.....I thought I was jewish.....Is this all a lie...What a f"ing joke....I told you to shoot me on site....and I expect you to hold up ur end of the bargain....in the foot or kneee......WHAT ABOUT OLD DON LAUGHLIN????? MY TRIP I PLANED............THIS IS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL...i GOT MY ROOM - I THINK ONLY 12 PEOPLE ARE STAYING IT....DO THE MATH!
XOXO
CALL YOU IN THE AM BIATCH.......
CHOO CHOO

NashvilleBound
07-31-2007, 03:34 AM
:idea: I here (from a very reliable otter) that hull #3 will have 200 more horsepower than Nashvillebounds :D
Well Im dreaming about running big 502's.... some Cherry Bomb mufflers out the back... I dont see how anyone could do better than that.....
YO: Choo Choo...... Im thinkin you forgot to take whatever medication your supposed to be on.....

ultra27jay
07-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Well Im dreaming about running big 502's.... some Cherry Bomb mufflers out the back... I dont see how anyone could do better than that.....
YO: Choo Choo...... Im thinkin you forgot to take whatever medication your supposed to be on.....
lol............u cant be more right!!!!! if u only know the whole story on this crazy chick!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

choo choo
07-31-2007, 01:03 PM
LISTEN DUECH ----- U HAVE NOOOOO IDEA! XOXO:)

plaster dave
07-31-2007, 02:58 PM
LISTEN DUECH ----- U HAVE NOOOOO IDEA! XOXO:)
LMAO sorry Jay.:D

ultra27jay
07-31-2007, 04:09 PM
no worries...pretty funny....:D

choo choo
08-02-2007, 09:35 AM
Dont apologize to him!!! Who side are you on anyway????? CHOO CHOO train is coming through Hot Boat or Not!
Next you two will be holding hands!
CHOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:sqeyes:

02HoWaRd26
08-06-2007, 11:04 AM
That would be real nice with the new merc 700's and NXT's but with 8to1 ex on each motor for the ultimate in wicked sound and only 2 large oval tips...

ULTRA28
08-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Here are the latest pictures. This is the first coat of primer. It should have the strakes on and two more coats of primer by the middle of next week.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32brownprimerbottom1.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32brownprimerbottom2.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32brownprimerbottom3.jpg

Chestah Cheetah
08-08-2007, 03:33 PM
Stunning! You guys did an incredible job on this one as usual.
John, clear your PM's...:)

KineticoH20
08-08-2007, 04:49 PM
That thing is gonna be a monster, don't think people realize how big it is. I can't wait to see one sitting in the water. Without a doubt Ultra's sitting in the water look awesome just standing still;)

NashvilleBound
08-08-2007, 05:25 PM
Stunning! You guys did an incredible job on this one as usual.
John, clear your PM's...:)
Well look who's here.... long time Slim. This boat look incredible already..... Monster....no doubt.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-08-2007, 07:09 PM
John,
The bottom is coming along. Looks great

talbert450r
08-08-2007, 07:54 PM
:jawdrop:
SWEET!!!!!!!!

sigepmock
08-09-2007, 05:42 AM
Looking good so far JW. Like everyone else is saying I can't wait to see this thing on the water.
Chris

Hfmnhoe
08-10-2007, 07:46 PM
yep thats lookin good:)

ULTRA28
08-15-2007, 10:27 AM
More new pics. A long way to go, but it's looking good.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/grey_primer_side.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/grey_primer.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/grey_primer_back.JPG

voodoomedman
08-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Hot diggity dog that is nice! I wish I was silly enough to cash out the equity in my homes to buy one. :D
What is that V next to it? Yours or another builders?

Johnwithjm
08-15-2007, 12:10 PM
That is a Shockwave next to our cat

voodoomedman
08-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Yeah didn't look like anything you guys have or are working on. What's the deal with the 26 Stealth? Is it done? Pictures?

shockwavebd
08-15-2007, 12:35 PM
yea it's the 34...................:eek:

raff
08-15-2007, 12:37 PM
What's the deal with the 26 Stealth? Is it done? Pictures?
I would also like know....

Steamin' Rice
08-16-2007, 09:43 AM
yea it's the 34...................:eek:
I thought it was the 36?? :eek: :confused: :idea: :jawdrop:

sigepmock
08-17-2007, 06:06 AM
Wow JW that is really coming along nicely. Lots of "buzz" out there about this boat and what you are doing....all good from what I'm picking up. Really looking forward to seeing this thing rigged.
Chris

NashvilleBound
08-25-2007, 03:35 AM
10 days without a word..... whats up????

RiverOtter
08-28-2007, 04:17 PM
10 days without a word..... whats up????
huh? ......... I get my updates daily :idea:

NashvilleBound
08-28-2007, 04:58 PM
huh? ......... I get my updates daily :idea:
LMAO..WTFE! No updates...PM's.... we're all drooling here.... for the love of God post something :D :D :D

ULTRA28
08-29-2007, 09:14 AM
Here are the latest photos. The bottom is flipped and we are starting on the deck.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/bottomflipping.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/bottom-flipped.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/bottomflipped2.jpg

shockwavebd
08-29-2007, 09:19 AM
Damn that thing is a monster...........Can't wait to see the top................:D

shippingguy
08-29-2007, 09:25 AM
Very nice. Wish it was in my budget. Maybe in a couple years or so.:)
Mike

shockwavebd
08-29-2007, 10:49 AM
you know what they say mike.......................................GO BIG or go home....:idea:

shippingguy
08-29-2007, 10:56 AM
you know what they say mike.......................................GO BIG or go home....:idea:
Well I guess I will GO HOME:D
By the way I stopped by with Tank a couple weeks ago, but you were at the Big Cat Poker Run. I will not have him tomorrow, but I will stop by and say hello.
Mike

shockwavebd
08-29-2007, 11:37 AM
sorry I missed you guys....................

NashvilleBound
08-29-2007, 05:45 PM
Very nice. Wish it was in my budget. Maybe in a couple years or so.:)
Mike
Thats the funniest thing I have heard all week!! I wish I had your deep pockets.....sheeeesh.....
Its looking BADASS!!!!

shippingguy
08-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Thats the funniest thing I have heard all week!! I wish I had your deep pockets.....sheeeesh.....
Its looking BADASS!!!!
Ahh you got that all wrong. I wish I had yours. I do not even have pockets:D It is looking nice that is for sure.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Here are the latest photos. The bottom is flipped and we are starting on the deck.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/bottomflipping.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/bottom-flipped.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/bottomflipped2.jpg
John,
Thanks for sharing. This would make a great Rock Your Boat series.

Mandelon
08-30-2007, 09:00 PM
DAmn...that's gonna be badass for sure.
Is there some sort of formula or marine standard for the placement of the steps? They look equi-distant from each other, but some look taller than others....I know they are supposed to help the hull break free better.....

INSman
09-04-2007, 07:23 PM
John
I am VERY interested in this boat and am likely willing to give a deposit, predicated on certain information and discussion. I honestly think that your only competition in this market on a comparitive basis is the 32' Spectre.
I am thinking about twin Ilmor 625's, 710's or quite possibly a pair of TPI 848's depending upon the pricing differential. I will shoot you a PM and you can call me when you get a chance to discuss.
This boat is gonna' be a big winner if everything lines up :D

ULTRA28
09-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Here are the latest pics of the 32.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32front.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32transom.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32back.jpg

Johnwithjm
09-09-2007, 07:09 PM
32 update.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32c3.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32c2.jpg

sigepmock
09-09-2007, 07:19 PM
She's really starting to come together. Come on LA Boat show:D

Johnwithjm
09-12-2007, 07:27 PM
32 deck update.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32d3.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32d2.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32d.jpg

raff
09-13-2007, 04:57 AM
Looks be coming along nicely:)

NashvilleBound
09-23-2007, 04:57 AM
Its been 11 days since we've seen some progress..... come on......... Chop chop pop pop, lets go..... :D

INSman
09-23-2007, 07:03 AM
Its been 11 days since we've seen some progress..... come on......... Chop chop pop pop, lets go..... :D
Slackers :)

INSman
09-23-2007, 07:15 AM
Just one question:
Is this boat gong to be fully capped, carbon fiber stiffened, resin infused, kevlar enforced, post cured epoxy laminate, vaccuum bagged and cored with Penskie Composite stringers ??!!?? :eek: :supp: :messedup: :rolleyes: :D

NashvilleBound
09-23-2007, 01:43 PM
I think they are using Elmers with Ziplock bags this time.... Carbon fiber shmiber.....

bigq
09-24-2007, 07:45 AM
Always amazed at the talent it takes to build a custom boat from scratch.
thanks for posting, great job.;)

ChumpChange
09-24-2007, 09:35 AM
Just one question:
Is this boat gong to be fully capped, carbon fiber stiffened, resin infused, kevlar enforced, vaccuum bagged and cored with Penskie Composite stringers ??!!?? :eek: :supp: :messedup: :rolleyes: :D
If the bonus check comes in....yes! :D

INSman
09-24-2007, 03:20 PM
If the bonus check comes in....yes! :D
You sure you can handle this 30+ foot monster with twins, you are only used to an under 30' single ?!? :eek: :) :D
All kidding aside, twins are easier to drive and manuever once you get the hang.

Cole Trickle
09-24-2007, 03:25 PM
You sure you can handle this 30+ foot monster with twins, you are only used to an under 30' single ?!? :eek: :) :D
All kidding aside, twins are easier to drive and manuever once you get the hang.
Dosen't your boat only have 10 hours on it in the last 3 years?:D:eek:
Hardly the twins expert Mr. Back yard pool guy:devil: :D

INSman
09-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Dosen't your boat only have 10 hours on it in the last 3 years?:D:eek:
Hardly the twins expert Mr. Back yard pool guy:devil: :D
Maybe only 20 this season, but a whole hack of a lot the previous (2) seasons. The backyard is certainly an EZ gig, that's fo sho :D

ULTRA28
09-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Here are some pictures from last week. We hope to get the canopy on this week.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/DSC00538.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/DSC00540.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/DSC00539.JPG

INSman
09-24-2007, 04:08 PM
John
You offering a dual helm option, I would like to have the sticks on my right ?

ULTRA28
09-24-2007, 04:26 PM
John
You offering a dual helm option, I would like to have the sticks on my right ?
Yes, it will be designed for dual helms.

uLtRADeNniS
09-24-2007, 08:17 PM
Its truly amazing to see a boat built from scratch for the first time. The boat looks awesome John! Keep up the great work. I'm anxious to see how it handles the ocean.....maybe some offshore racing coming up for Ultra? Whats the plan for power and drives?

phebus
09-24-2007, 08:39 PM
I think it's awesome that Ultra is documenting the build processs of this and the 26 and sharing it with the public.
Thanks John, and good luck. :D

ULTRA26 # 1
09-25-2007, 04:44 PM
Its truly amazing to see a boat built from scratch for the first time. The boat looks awesome John! Keep up the great work. I'm anxious to see how it handles the ocean.....maybe some offshore racing coming up for Ultra? Whats the plan for power and drives?
Hey Dennis, your roost looks like JW's I just noticed your new sig pic.
I think it's awesome that Ultra is documenting the build processs of this and the 26 and sharing it with the public.
Thanks John, and good luck. :D
I agree. Very cool. Thanks JW

uLtRADeNniS
09-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Yea but not as long. I need some photo cropping skills or one of the advantix camera, if they still make them that is.:D

andy01
09-26-2007, 08:38 PM
John the boat looks good. Congrats on the fast progress, I know this can be a long drawn out process.
Andy

randomhero
09-30-2007, 12:41 PM
Hey guys what would a boat like this start at with twin 710's, and would there be acces under the bow, if so how do you get to it?

shippingguy
09-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Hey guys what would a boat like this start at with twin 710's, and would there be acces under the bow, if so how do you get to it?
There will be plenty of access under deck. I would have to guess you are looking at the $275,000+ with 710's.

uLtRADeNniS
09-30-2007, 10:46 PM
710's :rolleyes:
Teague;) :D

shippingguy
10-01-2007, 06:25 AM
There will be plenty of access under deck. I would have to guess you are looking at the $275,000+ with 710's.
BTW: I am guessing that will MAYBE be the first few, but after that I am thinking over the $300K mark. JW will be the best to answer this question.
Mike

randomhero
10-01-2007, 07:37 AM
Got it! thats an awsome looking boat! i am gonna start recycling cans and save the money...some day i will get mine...jk

INSman
10-01-2007, 11:30 AM
I don't think and hope that John needs to try and make $50-$100k profit on every boat like others do or often try to. If he keeps his prcing in line and very attractive to the buyer, he will have his hands full with orders and take some strong market share. If the pricing is too high or unreasonable, many will look at the other higher priced options as well.

shippingguy
10-01-2007, 12:24 PM
I don't think and hope that John needs to try and make $50-$100k profit on every boat like others do or often try to. If he keeps his prcing in line and very attractive to the buyer, he will have his hands full with orders and take some strong market share. If the pricing is too high or unreasonable, many will look at the other higher priced options as well.
Very true. I am going to say that my guess is pretty accurate. They are not going to know the exact pricing till one is completely built, but I would venture to say I am not too far off.
Mike

Lightning
10-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Is there some sort of formula or marine standard for the placement of the steps? They look equi-distant from each other, but some look taller than others....I know they are supposed to help the hull break free better.....
I was wondering the same thing...is there a formula of some sort? Maybe just trial and error? Anyone have any insight to this?
Looks good John, thanks for sharing the build.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-01-2007, 12:50 PM
BTW: I am guessing that will MAYBE be the first few, but after that I am thinking over the $300K mark. JW will be the best to answer this question.
Mike
Mike,
Your new esitimate seems closer, with 710's.
See you this weekend
jm

shippingguy
10-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Mike,
See you this weekend
jm
Yeah I was figuring first few intro pricing. We will see you for sure. We are going to stay in Havasu this time. I will give you a call.
mike

Focker
10-01-2007, 01:52 PM
[QUOTE=INSman;2774546]John
I am VERY interested in this boat and am likely willing to give a deposit, predicated on certain information and discussion.
are you and Dan Cudmore related :D

INSman
10-01-2007, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=INSman;2774546]John
I am VERY interested in this boat and am likely willing to give a deposit, predicated on certain information and discussion.
are you and Dan Cudmore related :D
Maybe, only in that we are both blonde :rolleyes:

INSman
10-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Mike,
See you this weekend
jm
I certainly hope not and meaning absolutely no disrespect, but my business may or would almost already have been lost. Maybe the TPI 848 will come in better priced than the Merc 700 or Ilmor 710 ?!? :idea:

Cole Trickle
10-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Didn't he say they were only gonna make 12 per year?
Seems like alot of work/$$$ for the molds and mock up work to make 20K per boat:)
I hope you still buy one so I can go for a ride but I think it's gonna be pretty pricey.:confused: :D
Realisticly if they come in under 300K they will be quite a bit cheaper than similarly equipped DCB's,Skaters,etc...

Focker
10-01-2007, 02:14 PM
[QUOTE=Focker;2817980]
Maybe, only in that we are both blonde :rolleyes:
what are you going to do with the life-saver

INSman
10-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Didn't he say they were only gonna make 12 per year?
Seems like alot of work/$$$ for the molds and mock up work to make 20K per boat:)
I hope you still buy one so I can go for a ride but I think it's gonna be pretty pricey.:confused: :D
Realisticly if they come in under 300K they will be quite a bit cheaper than similarly equipped DCB's,Skaters,etc...
Okay, $30k profit but not a penny more :D

Cole Trickle
10-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Okay, $30k profit but not a penny more :D
lol....you sound like me but with alot more $$$$;):D

INSman
10-01-2007, 04:36 PM
lol....you sound like me but with alot more $$$$;):D
Alot more money ?!? :confused: You have me confused with someone else that does not have a wife AND 2 kids :eek: ;)

Johnwithjm
10-01-2007, 07:01 PM
32 update
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32o2.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32o3.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32o4.jpg

Johnwithjm
10-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Another
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32o6.jpg

INSman
10-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Another
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32o6.jpg
My boat is coming along nicely, thanks ... :)
Now, we just ne to grind that price down $50k or so !!! :eek: ;)

Johnwithjm
10-02-2007, 05:46 AM
My boat is coming along nicely, thanks ... :)
Now, we just ne to grind that price down $50k or so !!! :eek: ;) Give Barry a call he is slashing prices right now;)

INSman
10-02-2007, 08:28 AM
Give Barry a call he is slashing prices right now;)
Perfect .... Wait, he said he was going to call me when the price sheets were ready.:idea:

Boatlesss
10-02-2007, 09:03 PM
So what's the windshield going to look like? Canopies?

Johnwithjm
10-02-2007, 11:43 PM
So what's the windshield going to look like? Canopies?
Single full canopie

Boatlesss
10-03-2007, 06:15 PM
An enclosed cockpit?

voodoomedman
10-03-2007, 06:22 PM
An enclosed cockpit?
Negative Ghostrider
One single wraparound windshield type canopy.

Boatlesss
10-03-2007, 10:20 PM
That should look real cool.

NashvilleBound
10-04-2007, 03:51 AM
I agree...."real cool". LOL.....:rolleyes: Im thinking badass.....killer...... sick.....but ya, cool works ;)

Steamin' Rice
10-04-2007, 02:17 PM
Perfect .... Wait, he said he was going to call me when the price sheets were ready.:idea:
Price sheets?? I've never seen a price sheet from a custom builder.. :D
Are you going to sell the SW and get into a cat?

INSman
10-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Price sheets?? I've never seen a price sheet from a custom builder.. :D
Are you going to sell the SW and get into a cat?
You never know, a lot of competition in this space. I go back and forth between wanting a full blown ocean boat like a 38/39 Cig or a 37 AT to a faster straight lake Cat. Time will tell, we will see just who fights the hardest for my business. ;)

uLtRADeNniS
10-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Progress picture update please!......:D

Lightning
10-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandelon
I was wondering the same thing...is there a formula of some sort? Maybe just trial and error? Anyone have any insight to this?
Looks good John, thanks for sharing the build.
bueller?

Mandelon
10-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Maybe they don't want to give up trade secrets....or............ let us know that they actually just guess at it..... :D

Lightning
10-06-2007, 04:51 AM
Maybe they don't want to give up trade secrets....or............ let us know that they actually just guess at it..... :D
That's what I was thinking...

INSman
10-12-2007, 07:03 AM
update ?!? :confused: :D

shockwavebd
10-12-2007, 07:41 AM
Should be some updates monday or tuesday john is out of town this week.........:eek:

INSman
10-12-2007, 07:58 AM
Should be some updates monday or tuesday john is out of town this week.........:eek:
When the cat is away ?!? :)

NashvilleBound
10-15-2007, 04:15 AM
I guess John is the only one that knows how to work the camera :eek: :eek: :eek: Just kidding guys...... just two weeks between pics seems to be a long time....... for some of us ;)

ChumpChange
10-15-2007, 09:40 AM
You never know, a lot of competition in this space. I go back and forth between wanting a full blown ocean boat like a 38/39 Cig or a 37 AT to a faster straight lake Cat. Time will tell, we will see just who fights the hardest for my business. ;)
My mindset exactly. :mad:

Johnwithjm
10-16-2007, 07:31 AM
32 update photos.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32b4.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32b3.jpg

ULTRA28
10-16-2007, 07:51 AM
Here are a few more pictures
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/DSC00141.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/hatch2.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/rear3.JPG

ChumpChange
10-16-2007, 08:10 AM
That's going to be one heavy boat with all that wood. :D

ULTRA28
10-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Every manufacturer has it's own theory as to step placement, size and length. I feel that showing the tooling of our boat online is probably more than I should be doing in the first place. I don't feel comfortable explaining how we came up with our set up. I will say it has to do with the center of gravity and friction as most of you already know.

voodoomedman
10-16-2007, 02:05 PM
Every manufacturer has it's own theory as to step placement, size and length. I feel that showing the tooling of our boat online is probably more than I should be doing in the first place. I don't feel comfortable explaining how we came up with our set up. I will say it has to do with the center of gravity and friction as most of you already know.
We surely do appreciate you showing us the photos to drool over.
Unfortunately though, I'm sure some of your competitors appreciate it even more.

bigq
10-16-2007, 07:14 PM
I will say it has to do with the center of gravity and friction as most of you already know.
Sounds like an old girlfriend I "had" once:D

Mandelon
10-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Fair enough.

Strippoker
10-29-2007, 01:44 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/web116.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/web85.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/web75.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/web95.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/web57.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/web65.jpg

Strippoker
10-29-2007, 01:46 PM
The Canopy will be one piece they are still working on that part so No the canopy isn't split down the middle to allow your mullet to blow in the wind
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/web410.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/web310.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/web214.jpg

shippingguy
10-29-2007, 01:54 PM
That is coming along nice.

NashvilleBound
10-29-2007, 02:16 PM
The Canopy will be one piece they are still working on that part so No the canopy isn't split down the middle to allow your mullet to blow in the wind
WHHHEWWWWWW...... You almost lost me till you clarified that. :D:rolleyes:

riverracerx
10-29-2007, 02:16 PM
Where are the cupholders?

Strippoker
10-29-2007, 02:27 PM
Where are the cupholders?
Chris we are still tooling those up so far this is what we have it allows the crew the best hands free control and doesnt take up alot of cabin space. The canopy will keep it from blowing off at speed
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/hat.jpg

ULTRA26 # 1
10-29-2007, 02:32 PM
Lookin good!

warlock 27
10-29-2007, 03:08 PM
cant wait to see it done

sigepmock
10-29-2007, 07:47 PM
Chris we are still tooling those up so far this is what we have it allows the crew the best hands free control and doesnt take up alot of cabin space. The canopy will keep it from blowing off at speed
:D :D Nice.......:D
Looks really good so far. I like the integrated rear steps too.

voodoomedman
10-29-2007, 08:01 PM
Nice. I think it's fitting. However given Ultra's caliber you might want to consider offering a much more refined beer than Busch light. A 32 FC at least deserves something in a bottle. :D

RiverOtter
10-30-2007, 04:12 AM
:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/web410.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/web310.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/web214.jpg

Cole Trickle
10-30-2007, 08:46 AM
Looks good!!!
This is a cool thread:)

sigepmock
10-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Looks good!!!
This is a cool thread:)
Yeah it is....so try not to GAY it up will you!:D :D

Cole Trickle
10-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Yeah it is....so try not to GAY it up will you!:D :D
too late.......lol:D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39295&stc=1&d=1190000694

shippingguy
10-30-2007, 02:25 PM
too late.......lol:D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39295&stc=1&d=1190000694
LMAO. Looks like Zach Morris (Saved By The Bell!):D

Cole Trickle
10-30-2007, 02:45 PM
LMAO. Looks like Zach Morris (Saved By The Bell!):D
Here is the two of you getting ready for an Ultra boat ride:D
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/MMPH/212275~Saved-By-The-Bell.jpg

shippingguy
10-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Here is the two of you getting ready for an Ultra boat ride:D
Hey now I was on your side, but the more I look at that picture and your Avatar I would have to say you have a little more resemblence:D

sigepmock
10-31-2007, 02:30 PM
I see the resemblance!!!
Hey now I was on your side, but the more I look at that picture and your Avatar I would have to say you have a little more resemblence:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/100_2106.jpg

shockwavebd
11-06-2007, 10:51 PM
Geez I leave for a bit and u guys go and gay in up................:jawdrop:

shippingguy
11-07-2007, 07:23 AM
Geez I leave for a bit and u guys go and gay in up................:jawdrop:
You know how Brandin and Chris are:D How is the knee???

Cole Trickle
11-07-2007, 11:47 AM
You know how Brandin and Chris are:D How is the knee???
Whoa...whoa...Whoa
Who is the one asking another dude about his knees? Did you two hurt them together..lol?;):eek: :D

shockwavebd
11-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Whoa...whoa...Whoa
Who is the one asking another dude about his knees? Did you two hurt them together..lol?;):eek: :D
lol.....................no just a little surgery ..:rolleyes:

djunkie
11-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Boats looking sweet. And theres no one gayer than this guy. :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42668&stc=1&d=1194504192

sigepmock
11-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Boats looking sweet. And theres no one gayer than this guy. :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42668&stc=1&d=1194504192
Just REPRESENTIN much love for Ultra........even if they didn't want it:D

NashvilleBound
11-14-2007, 04:53 AM
Bump for update.....:idea: :idea: :idea: :D

Not So Fast
11-14-2007, 07:06 AM
Bump for update.....:idea: :idea: :idea: :D
Hey NB, sell your boat yet:idea: Pretty crappy market as you know!!:( NSF

NashvilleBound
11-14-2007, 09:50 AM
Hey NB, sell your boat yet:idea: Pretty crappy market as you know!!:( NSF
Not yet. Had a few people write from my boat trader ad..... just found out my replies have been picked up as spam. SO now Im calling the few interested parties and seeing if they recieved an email reply. Go figure.

ULTRA28
11-14-2007, 02:13 PM
Update for 11-14-07
First coat of primer has been shot. We're only a few weeks away from being done with the plug.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/topfirstprimer.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/topfirstprimer2.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/topfirstprimer4.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/topfirstprimer3.JPG

DILLIGAF
11-14-2007, 02:28 PM
That hull looks great. Looking forward to seeing it all done. Good job to everyone at Ultra involved in the design.

NashvilleBound
11-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Looks great!!! Hypothetically speaking..... would someone my size be able to fit through those side doors to get up front? I know the boat is big and the picture is probably decieving..... :idea: (try to be nice with your answers ;) ;) )

shippingguy
11-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Looks great!!! Hypothetically speaking..... would someone my size be able to fit through those side doors to get up front? I know the boat is big and the picture is probably decieving..... :idea:
You step over the canopy and walk along the side of it. It is flat there. come on now you will fit just fine in your new boat:D

NashvilleBound
11-14-2007, 03:36 PM
You step over the canopy and walk along the side of it. It is flat there. come on now you will fit just fine in your new boat:D
:idea: :idea: :D I kinda like the sound of that.... "your new boat"..... :idea:

shippingguy
11-14-2007, 03:39 PM
:idea: :idea: :D I kinda like the sound of that.... "your new boat"..... :idea:
I guess I will live through you on this one for a while:)

NashvilleBound
11-14-2007, 03:41 PM
Copy that :D :D

voodoomedman
11-14-2007, 03:42 PM
I live vicariously through the both of you forever. Compared to you two and boats I'll always be on the frosh team. :D

shippingguy
11-14-2007, 03:47 PM
I live vicariously through the both of you forever. Compared to you two and boats I'll always be on the frosh team. :D
Come on now that is not true. If you really wanted to buy a 27 you could, but you choose not to, right now:idea: This one I have is not going anywhere for a long time. Well at least another season:) :D

Cole Trickle
11-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Looks great!!! Hypothetically speaking..... would someone my size be able to fit through those side doors to get up front? I know the boat is big and the picture is probably decieving..... :idea: (try to be nice with your answers ;) ;) )
The doors are for the kids and wife;):D
Honey can you make me a samich and grab me a beer......remember the hulk can't fit through doors:eek:

voodoomedman
11-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Come on now that is not true. If you really wanted to buy a 27 you could, but you choose not to, right now:idea: This one I have is not going anywhere for a long time. Well at least another season:) :D
I could probably also buy 5 32FC's if I sold my houses and financed everything I have to the hilt. But just because I hang out on ***boat doesn't mean I do the typical heloc stuff. :D
I'm always joking anyway. Currently the 24 is perfect for what we like to do (Occasionally a couple more feet would be nicer for Havasu but the 24 holds it well if you drive right). Maybe a deck or something bigger in the future but I still want to be able to pull skiers and stuff for recreational purposes. Where we plan on going we won't need size to mitigate the chop. The only chop will be Nashvillebound doing banzai runs down the lake. Once we have the move finalized I will decide what to do with the boat. I don't want to move and six months later have to get it back to El Cajon. It would be nice to have it sold and just have Ultra deliver a new one out to TN. Of course giving away this one will be like sawing off my right arm.

warlock 27
11-14-2007, 06:40 PM
great job cant wait to see it

Johnwithjm
11-20-2007, 12:18 PM
32 update it will not be long now.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/ultra_32_045.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/ultra_32_032.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/ultra_32_043.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/ultra_32_017.jpg

ULTRA26 # 1
11-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Thanks for posting the updates Big John. The boat is looking great. Have a great Thanksgiving. Same to Barry. :)

Johnwithjm
11-20-2007, 02:27 PM
You have a good one also.

sigepmock
11-20-2007, 10:02 PM
Thanks for posting the updates Big John. The boat is looking great. Have a great Thanksgiving. Same to Barry. :)
Ditto. Boat is looking amazing. Happy Turkey Day to the Ultra Family:)
The Mock Family

bigq
11-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Lots of detail there Mr Ultra. Extremely nice work;)

Johnwithjm
11-29-2007, 08:58 AM
Here is your 32 update just doing some final work. It should arrive at Ultra the middle of next week if all goes well.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32c1.jpg

ULTRA28
11-29-2007, 11:05 AM
I've got a few more pics I'll try to post later today too.

NashvilleBound
11-29-2007, 04:17 PM
I've got a few more pics I'll try to post later today too.
I think its "later" now.........:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :D

INSman
11-29-2007, 07:43 PM
I think its "later" now.........:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :D
And yet even more later now :eek: :)

NashvilleBound
11-30-2007, 04:52 AM
And yet even more later now :eek: :)
I think they are just teasing us.... I hear they can be that way... :D :eek: :D