PDA

View Full Version : Jet boat event challenge

DOZZR
07-02-2007, 11:05 AM
I started a thread about a "new cop in town" after going through all the channels I finally got a hold of one of his superriors and after a long discussion with this guy, all is cool now.
One of his comments to me was that they wanted to encourage events that would bring boats to the lake, I imedietly informed him that a lake (lake casitas) with a speed limit and no water contact makes it hard for jet/ski boats to get together. He informed me that with the right event and and planning we could have our own day out there. :idea: It has had me thinking every since. If we could get a big enough turnout it sounds like it might be worth looking into. If anyone has suggestions and are willing to participate. it might be a fun way to spend a weekend ..............
Lets see where this thread goes
Suggestions ????

N02 Chevelle
07-02-2007, 11:25 AM
I started a thread about a "new cop in town" after going through all the channels I finally got a hold of one of his superriors and after a long discussion with this guy, all is cool now.
One of his comments to me was that they wanted to encourage events that would bring boats to the lake, I imedietly informed him that a lake (lake casitas) with a speed limit and no water contact makes it hard for jet/ski boats to get together. He informed me that with the right event and and planning we could have our own day out there. :idea: It has had me thinking every since. If we could get a big enough turnout it sounds like it might be worth looking into. If anyone has suggestions and are willing to participate. it might be a fun way to spend a weekend ..............
Lets see where this thread goes
Suggestions ????
Where is casitas? I would love to bring out my new ride and talk to all you smart guys that have been doing this stuff for years.

DOZZR
07-02-2007, 11:32 AM
It is located in Ventura county (oak View), about 20 minutes inland from the beach:D

n8dawg
07-02-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm in! :D :) :D
How many people remember when Lake Casitas held circle boat racing?
I've always thought it would be much like the Irvine Lake V-Drive regatta. I don't think your allowed to contact that water either.
Lake Casitas has great camp grounds, warm weather in the summer, A cafe that whips up a mean breakfast, and always always has good water to boat on!:D

mdunn01
07-02-2007, 06:04 PM
I would show up if its local, no problem.
Mike

4604me
07-02-2007, 08:40 PM
just say when,i'm in

LuckyDaze
07-02-2007, 09:10 PM
All I need is a date and my boat, wife and I should be there. :)
~Brian

gots beer wages
07-03-2007, 05:37 AM
i'm in just getting my boat done looking for any reson to take it out , and i would love to get input from others on her.

n8dawg
07-03-2007, 08:30 AM
i'm in just getting my boat done looking for any reson to take it out , and i would love to get input from others on her.
You don't need a reason to take out the boat. :eek: JUST DO IT!!

gots beer wages
07-03-2007, 08:58 AM
You don't need a reason to take out the boat. :eek: JUST DO IT!!
beleave me i wont to take it out as much as possible

DOZZR
07-03-2007, 10:37 AM
I am not to sure what they will let us get away with but lets get some suggestions together and I will run it by them.
they have a group area where we could all stay in the same area with a great view of the lake, so for starters.
BBQ,
bonfire party
show n shine,
some racing ?
lets hear some of your suggestions, and see if we can come up with a cool get together
:idea:

Hustler
07-03-2007, 11:37 AM
no racing. I would tell them it's "Expidition"

MudPumper
07-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Or we could all just go to the River where there are no Cops, no speed limits,no sound level issues,no restrictions on alcohol and no restrictions on water contact. :D

DOZZR
07-03-2007, 09:04 PM
I am there the 13th through 15th, I just wanna be lazy once lmao (I live about 3 miles from this lake. :D

moneysucker
07-04-2007, 07:34 AM
Drag out the power tour thread and put up a date and location. It may get some attention. Probably have to set it up for next year though when it can be arranged through the water authorities.

n8dawg
07-04-2007, 09:05 AM
Or we could all just go to the River where there are no Cops, no speed limits,no sound level issues,no restrictions on alcohol and no restrictions on water contact. :D
How do they let the v-drives run at lake Irvine then? I would think that they lift the restrictions for the day or something.