PDA

View Full Version : No Reverse

BrendellaJet
07-02-2007, 02:14 PM
My reverse gate wont fully close. Ive tried making adjustments at both ends but there is still about 3/8 more travel needed. Has anyone ever cut the end of the cable and threaded further up on the cable end? Its a morse/teleflex 43bc cable with 1/4-28 threads.

TahitiTiger
07-02-2007, 02:21 PM
moving the pin back and forth on the cable will not increase your throw, unless you are bottoming out. You need to move the mounting point further from the pivot point on the reverse handle. I know on mine it has three holes, my cable goes to the hole furthest from the pivot, this will give maximum throw.

BrendellaJet
07-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Yeah, tried that, still not enough adjustment. I guess I could make a new throw for the control. Thanks.

MADDOG355
07-02-2007, 02:56 PM
I had to drill and tap a new hole on my reverse gate.

v-drive
07-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Hey Bri I have an idea but I need to see how much up adjustment you have.
if your reverse plate goes up to far we can make a spacer to give to give you more down throw..pop

BrendellaJet
07-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Thing is I have plenty of up adjustment, too much in fact. I need to play with the linkage some more. I may have adjusted the control side the wrong direction. Will have to pull a seat and check it out.

Squirtcha?
07-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Thing is I have plenty of up adjustment, too much in fact. I need to play with the linkage some more. I may have adjusted the control side the wrong direction. Will have to pull a seat and check it out.
Sounds like you found your answer.