PDA

View Full Version : So how is Seattle/Tacoma? Moving soon...

Mountainstone
07-03-2007, 01:51 PM
I was notified today that my next assignment with the Air Force will be to McChord Air Force Base in Tacoma, Washington which is just outside of Seattle. We've never been there, but it looks like we'll be stationed there for at least three years. Anybody have any insight into the area and the lake scene thereabouts? Does everybody wear flannel bikinis and drink lattes out at the raft-up?

djunkie
07-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Bring your rain jacket. Last I remember I think Seattle had the highest suicide rate in the nation too. :( :( Other than that its a beautiful place. :D :D

spectras only
07-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Tacoma is your ***boat HQ , powerboat nortwest that is ! Just off I-5 .
http://www.powerboatsnw.com/
Go visit Joe there and hook up with ***boaters .Great scenery and
waterways albeit not as sunny as Cali :)

CAHotRodBoy
07-03-2007, 02:29 PM
I was stationed at Ft Lewis for a couple years (long ago). Summer can be nice and it will stay light until very late (great for parties!). The rest of the time it sucks! Sky is always gray and it rains all the focking time, usually not hard, just all the time! Great for four wheeling, dirt bikes, etc. Not so good for boating. There are a bunch of lakes including American Lake which is pretty big. And of course, the Puget Sound if you have a bigger boat. They have the Sea Fair every year with unlimited Hydro races which is cool.

Mountainstone
07-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Bring your rain jacket. Last I remember I think Seattle had the highest suicide rate in the nation too. :( :( Other than that its a beautiful place. :D :D
Yikes. I had to look this one up. Washington state is ranked 17th highest for suicide rates. We are leaving Utah, which is ranked 10th highest so we are moving up in the world.
On a side note: Utah also has the highest rate of antidepressant use in the nation, and is ranked in the top ten for housing foreclosures. For about a week this winter, Salt Lake City had the worst air quality in the nation and it is never in the top half. We won't be sad to see this place in our rear-view mirror...
P.S. New York has the lowest # of suicides and Wyoming the highest. Must get lonely out on the open range...

LEADFOOTjosh
07-03-2007, 05:45 PM
i spent the younger part of my life in a town called Issaquah.. about 30 mins west of seattle.. its a nice place.. bring a rain coat.. and a wet suit for the lakes.. there are a bunch of nice places to boat. just the water is a bit chilly.. and since it is rarely over 95 in the summer.. it stays cold..
:D :D :D

TheDukeBoys
07-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Whatever you do when you get there... get a jet boat:D

talkinghead
07-03-2007, 09:32 PM
If you think Salt Lake is bad, I guess be happy your not headed to So. Cal...

99fever27
07-04-2007, 12:55 AM
I was born and raised there after about 25yrs I moved east. It is beautiful out there..something I will never forget. The area has much more to offer like boating ...Hunting, fishing etc. But big hydro country. It doesent rain as much as some people say..but it does stay grey and wet alot of the year. After ten years on the east coast, im itching to get back to where "mountains" are mountains. Good Luck