PDA

View Full Version : Are fireworks illegal in Havasu?

my21advantage
07-03-2007, 01:53 PM
I was just wondering:idea:
I was thinking about bring some if there not...

hava life
07-03-2007, 01:59 PM
It's a big desert:D
Not legal but we do shoot them off alot:jawdrop: I mean I have seen them go off in town;) Be careful

HavasuUncleLarry
07-03-2007, 02:00 PM
In arizona Fireworks are 100% illegal EVEN sparkers....
And they do their best.. to enforce that law. Its really dry here and everyone is afraid of fires....
So Please NO NO NO Fireworks in Arizona
Thanks
Larry "Uncle Larry" Reese

my21advantage
07-03-2007, 02:02 PM
In arizona Fireworks are 100% illegal EVEN sparkers....
And they do their best.. to enforce that law. Its really dry here and everyone is afraid of fires....
So Please NO NO NO Fireworks in Arizona
Thanks
:devil: :mad: I was just curious...

Boozer
07-03-2007, 02:05 PM
I'd say close to half of the people in Havasu roll down to the AVI and stock up on fireworks.
Last time I did the 4th in Havi we launched well over $1,000 worth of fireworks and didn't get harassed by the cops a single time.

Chubby4Life
07-03-2007, 02:09 PM
On a side note but on topic, Growing up in the I.E. (Rancho) fireworks were illegal. Now we live in the foothills above Sacramento, and there are stands everywhere! Go figure, you cant use them on an asphalt street but feel free to fire them off with a million acres of dry brush.
:confused:

my21advantage
07-03-2007, 02:16 PM
I'd say close to half of the people in Havasu roll down to the AVI and stock up on fireworks.
Last time I did the 4th in Havi we launched well over $1,000 worth of fireworks and didn't get harassed by the cops a single time.
Where's the show and what time?

HavasuUncleLarry
07-03-2007, 02:37 PM
4th of July
around 9pm off the Island next to the Nautical
Spectator Point is the exact location...
Here at the TV station we just interviewed the Chief of Police - task force this year to enforce no fireworks more seriouly than before -- Its that dry here...

Boatcop
07-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Simple Possession of fireworks anywhere in AZ is illegal. They're also illegal on ANY BLM controlled land.
If your fireworks start a fire you could be charged with a Felony, and be liable all costs of the firefighting effort.
And to answer questions about whether you can have them or shoot them off on an Indian Reservation (CRIT, Fort Mohave, etc), the answer is NO! The Reservation has no effect on State Laws unless you're an enrolled member of an Federally recognized Indian Tribe.

Kilrtoy
07-03-2007, 02:56 PM
I was just wondering:idea:
I was thinking about bring some if there not...
whats up lawdog, YOU DON'T KNOW THE LAW

westair
07-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Simple Possession of fireworks anywhere in AZ is illegal. They're also illegal on ANY BLM controlled land.
If your fireworks start a fire you could be charged with a Felony, and be liable all costs of the firefighting effort.
And to answer questions about whether you can have them or shoot them off on an Indian Reservation (CRIT, Fort Mohave, etc), the answer is NO! The Reservation has no effect on State Laws unless you're an enrolled member of an Federally recognized Indian Tribe.
Well, I guess we'll be watching on the Island then.:D

ratso
07-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Geez... ya'll are no fun!:D

ELIMINAT THIS
07-03-2007, 07:22 PM
If you fire off a couple mortars at the Nautical Inn security will get there panties all bunched up.:D

Jordy
07-03-2007, 11:18 PM
I think this plainly falls into the category of "If Boozer's doing it, it's probably not a great idea." No offense.
Get your truck washed here. Free fireworks with every wash. :notam: :D