PDA

View Full Version : Ipod question

Twins+one
07-03-2007, 07:15 PM
it keeps blinking do not disconect. This is one I just bought today to replace one we fried in the heat. What am I doing wrong? I plugged it in, registered it, named it, it is fully charged, but it keep freaking blinking.
Thanks for the help in advance.

Sheeprides
07-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Try reseting it. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.
Good luck.

Nord
07-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Don't disconnect it until you "eject" it from your puter....

Twins+one
07-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Try reseting it. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.
Good luck.
Tried it, now it is synching all my songs. I have been trying to do it manually but maybe this will work.

Twins+one
07-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Don't disconnect it until you "eject" it from your puter....
That is another problem, when I try to eject it, it says that it is being used by another program.
Just in case this matters the computer is the 20 iMac

Twins+one
07-03-2007, 07:45 PM
OK, weird. It stopped doing that, once I synched the entire library onto it. i just wanted a couple songs, not 1500, how do I get them off now????

Firecracker
07-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Click on the iPod "Playlist", and it should drop down a menu of all the playlists that it has on it. Then you can just edit the songs on it like you normally would your iTunes library. You can click on hte lower right hand corner of your iTunes window the little thing htat looks like an iPod, and it should give you the preferences for your iPod. Turn off automatic sync... Then you won't have to worry about it getting a bunch of songs on it every time you connect your iPod.
I hope this helps!! :D

Twins+one
07-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Click on the iPod "Playlist", and it should drop down a menu of all the playlists that it has on it. Then you can just edit the songs on it like you normally would your iTunes library. You can click on hte lower right hand corner of your iTunes window the little thing htat looks like an iPod, and it should give you the preferences for your iPod. Turn off automatic sync... Then you won't have to worry about it getting a bunch of songs on it every time you connect your iPod.
I hope this helps!! :D
It does, thanks. I was just getting the same song on there like 5 times. different play lists and all. I just want my library and two playlists. I think I figuered it out. Thanks again