PDA

View Full Version : my boat project and a thanks to those who helped

gots beer wages
07-04-2007, 08:32 PM
I found this 76' rayson craft in dry storage at cottenwood cove lake mojave, It had bin stored and hasent seen the water since 1988. I boughted her, met with todd in january of this year and got started. Its bin alot of fun and a real learning exsperance. I wanted to show before and after pics now that shes done and say thanks to everyone for the help and advise. And a specail thanks to Todd Griggs.
Here she is a little over 6 months later. I did alot of the work my self with the help from the following.
TRG costum fiberglass
todd (toddnjuzz) and his brother doodle for all the great advise, pointers and keeping me in the right direction. and for being there and also being very patient when i had a question no mater how stupid it was.
concept marine
johnfor good adviseand help on getting the right parts and for the intake and pump work
bruce (squeezing spectra)
for the motor and advise on building the motor
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jetaholic
07-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Here ya go :D
Very nice work BTW. I have a 1978 Marlin that was completely turn key when I bought her, just needed a lot of work and TLC. She's all together now..just waiting on the gas tanks and me and a buddy are working on building the seats as we speak.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34400&d=1183609342
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34401&d=1183609537
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34402&d=1183609694

LuckyDaze
07-04-2007, 10:09 PM
Three cheers for Todd and John. The area good peoples. :) Looks good Bro.
~Brian

victorfb
07-04-2007, 10:59 PM
very cool. todd and bruce are both stand up guys and do excellent work. glad to see your dream come true, or atleast your project turn out so good. hope you have many years of enjoyment out of it and keep the boat alive. too many have been going to the way side because they are not the full on race hulls. Bruce? i see your give a way in the spam section. if i had a trailer for it id even stick my outboard on it and keep it alive. then again i know how limited of space you are. anyhow, congrats GBW for the great resurection.

victorfb
07-04-2007, 11:03 PM
BTW, is that cyclones old scoop? i thought he would never give that thing up.

gots beer wages
07-05-2007, 05:33 AM
BTW, is that cyclones old scoop? i thought he would never give that thing up.
no i got that off of V-driven out off the spam section
thanks for the complaments i plan on having a lot of fun with her.

FuelInMyVeins82
07-05-2007, 08:54 AM
congrats man boat looks clean.

gots beer wages
07-05-2007, 08:17 PM
thanks for the complaments guys i realy appreciate it,
i am going to elsinore this saturday for a test run and
to have a relaxing day on the water.
(as long as everthing go's ok)

Daytona100
07-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Looks Great!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats. Mike:D

Pops@Aggressor
07-06-2007, 08:40 AM
Nothing Like when you work it out yourself. Rudy would be Proud!

mdunn01
07-06-2007, 08:48 AM
thanks for the complaments guys i realy appreciate it,
i am going to elsinore this saturday for a test run and
to have a relaxing day on the water.
(as long as everthing go's ok)
Hey nice ride. Bring that boat to AVI next weekend. We have a killer deal set up there for $84 a night, its a group rate.If you want to join, call AVI and make reservations with them OVER THE PHONE before July 8th and tell them your group code of GDUNN07. This will get you our deal. A serious amount of jet boat guys from Hot Boat and So Cal jet Boats will be there. We have a huge convoy leaving on Friday AM from the target shopping center from 5:30am-6am at the 15 freeway and Summit exit.
Mike

gots beer wages
07-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Hey nice ride. Bring that boat to AVI next weekend. We have a killer deal set up there for $84 a night, its a group rate.If you want to join, call AVI and make reservations with them OVER THE PHONE before July 8th and tell them your group code of GDUNN07. This will get you our deal. A serious amount of jet boat guys from Hot Boat and So Cal jet Boats will be there. We have a huge convoy leaving on Friday AM from the target shopping center from 5:30am-6am at the 15 freeway and Summit exit.
Mike
hey thanks ill give it a try
sounds like a lot of fun, ive never bin to something like that.
thank you

mdunn01
07-09-2007, 03:09 PM
Nice meeting you on Sunday, NICE RIDE as well. Looking forward to a friendly race on the water!
Mike

mdunn01
07-09-2007, 03:09 PM
Nice meeting you on Sunday, NICE RIDE as well. Looking forward to a friendly race on the water!
Mike

gots beer wages
07-11-2007, 02:17 PM
first time on the water last saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIGAMIST
07-11-2007, 03:05 PM
first time on the water last saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lookin good!
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34739&d=1184192176

TRG
07-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Damn Steve! you did a nice job gettin' that thing together for the ol' lady!:D Have you called in sick to get back out on the water yet! lol