PDA

View Full Version : Term life insurance

Beanpohl
07-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Anyone have an estimate for term life insurance for a 27yr non-smoker? Something like 500k worth. Don't need it right now, just looking for an approximate number for budgeting purposes. I've never dealt with life insurance so I have absolutely no idea what this runs... 25/mo? 100/mo? 250/mo? Just a rough number is needed... Thanks.

HM
07-05-2007, 10:57 AM
try www.term4sale.com
I occasionally sell term life and I always check here to make sure my insurance companies are competitive.
Your rate will differ greatly on the health rating. I tend to quote standard rate, and if they come back preferred or ultra preferred...my clients are happy. But, lots of insurance guys only sell on price, so they quote the lowest possible. Then, if you come back rated less, you don't get what you thought...and it is ususally a month or so later, so most people don't want to wait another month and just buy the insurance.

Tom Brown
07-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Term life insurance at your age is normally extremely affordable. With your lifestyle, however, I suspect it will be more than you can afford.

Beanpohl
07-05-2007, 11:03 AM
I really don't need to afford the payments though. I was just planning on getting a huge policy, then right after killing myself and making it look like an accident so I can collect the proceeds. Sure it's insurance fraud, but I really need the cash.

Tom Brown
07-05-2007, 11:05 AM
You should looked into a sales position in the drug industry. There are lots of ground level opportunities for self starters like yourself.

Beanpohl
07-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Sounds good, but I already got a job lined up with 13makethemoney.com. I should be making 10,000/month in a few weeks from my home based business.

HM
07-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Also...how many years?
30 year is ranging ~ $33 - $65 per month.
10 year is ranging ~ $13 - $26 per month.
This is for just life insurance. Return of premium is a bit more and it is easy to buy into. but, as a Life Insurance guy...it is not all it is cracked up to be. But...when someone asks you if you would like all your money refunded...how do you say no? It is easy to say no when you deal with someone who is not trying to increase your commission. Return of Premium is not a bad thing, and the people selling it are not always doing it to get more money, but the people selling it are ignorant. The math is easy enough to show otherwise.

HM
07-05-2007, 11:11 AM
I really don't need to afford the payments though. I was just planning on getting a huge policy, then right after killing myself and making it look like an accident so I can collect the proceeds. Sure it's insurance fraud, but I really need the cash.
Make sure you wait until the 25th month to carry out this plan...as they have to pay regardless of how you die after 2 years. Statistics show no one plans suicides 2 years out. :D

Beanpohl
07-05-2007, 11:14 AM
probably low term, like 10 years for now. I've researched return of premium stuff but i think for my financial situation now, term makes more sense. I have other investment/retirement vehicles and i'm just looking to cover my family in case of something catastrophic.

Beanpohl
07-05-2007, 11:17 AM
Make sure you wait until the 25th month to carry out this plan...as they have to pay regardless of how you die after 2 years. Statistics show no one plans suicides 2 years out. :D
Ahhhh, but the plan is to make it look like an accident, so no suicide can be suspected. I'm thinking sunk boat/drowning. Then I can try to get some cash from all you suckers to help get the boat out PLUS the life insurance policy. I've got it all worked out...

bigq
07-05-2007, 11:17 AM
39 year old 500k guarenteed 15yr @ $21.00 / month
Let me know on the 25 month I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy that has a cousin to help you out.

bigq
07-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Ahhhh, but the plan is to make it look like an accident, so no suicide can be suspected. I'm thinking sunk boat/drowning. Then I can try to get some cash from all you suckers to help get the boat out PLUS the life insurance policy. I've got it all worked out...
Oh no!!! sunk the boat...Suckers!!! I think this has been tried:D

Beanpohl
07-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Let me know on the 25 month I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy that has a cousin to help you out.
It's cool, I already have a cousin. :D

HM
07-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Arti Chokes 3 for a $1 at Albersons? :D

velocity280
07-05-2007, 01:52 PM
500k 10 yr term....approximatley $30 per month. pm me if I can be of help.