PDA

View Full Version : Sneaking From One Movie To Another

HocusPocus
07-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Anyone else do this? Just found out from my brother and sister-in-law that when they go to the movies they will just go from one to another. This is a family of 7 with the oldest daughter being 18 and they have been doing this forever. They justify it by saying that the theaters charge too much for tickets. They are a small buisness owner, so i asked if it was ok if their customers thought they charged too much for their products and stole from them? Their answer was "of course not, thats different".

rrrr
07-05-2007, 01:26 PM
Real classy and a great example for your children......:rolleyes:

vee-driven
07-05-2007, 01:31 PM
$5 for a soda $5 for popcorn, i say fukit if you can get away with do it and if you get caught no hablo englas! hahah

ratso
07-05-2007, 01:32 PM
I guess they should see if they can buy a "season pass" http://www.***boat.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Cole Trickle
07-05-2007, 01:36 PM
I have done it in the past.....:)
I don't have an opinion one way vs. the other ( I wouldn't take someones seat in a packed theatre but whats the biggie if the theatre is 1/3 full)
I don't go to the movies that much anymore due to the cost.
I usually buy DVD's once they go on sale at blockbuster and watch them in the comfort of my surround sound filled home:D

Screaming Pete
07-05-2007, 01:44 PM
the longer you stay in a theater the more $$$$ they make if your buying Popcorn and ect.. and at $10+ a ticket i bet thats already figured into the cost. i've done it and wish i had time to do it more:D

HocusPocus
07-05-2007, 01:46 PM
the longer you stay in a theater the more $$$$ they make if your buying Popcorn and ect.. and at $10+ a ticket i bet thats already figured into the cost. i've done it and wish i had time to do it more:D
Good point, but my in-laws bring all that crap with them.... they don't buy anything other then the initial ticket.

Cole Trickle
07-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Good point, but my in-laws bring all that crap with them.... they don't buy anything other then the initial ticket.
They suck....I would be pissed if I was a hard working Actor and your in-laws caused me to only make 20 million for 6 months work vs. the 30 million I could get if the movie breaks box office records...lol:devil: :mad: :D

Boozer
07-05-2007, 01:58 PM
I've never done it but the thought has crossed my mind a time or two.
I say if you buy popcorn and soda then why not? The theatres make very little money on ticket sales and make the majority of their money on concessions.
Now hopping from movie to movie and not purchasing any of the concessions in my opinion is very tacky and as a business owner I'd think they would a bit more considerate of the theatres needs to make revenue in order to stay in business. I'm guessing that when they were younger they were probably the same people that would go to free pool night at the local bar and drink water.....

Tom Brown
07-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Once you're from the park...... you are always from the park.

AZJD
07-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Who cares! We all download music too.... Personally, as an adult I don't exactly have 4-5 hours to go screw with seeing 2 movies! (boating and drinking to do) This week would be the first time I would even consider it, with Die Hard and Transformers being out at the same time.

THOR
07-05-2007, 02:06 PM
It is stealing, period. There is no difference between stealing movies or stealing a candybar from the store. They are theives and should be ashamed.

adjones419
07-05-2007, 02:06 PM
By the time I sit through a 2 hour movie, I'm ready to get the hell out of there. And I'd say 75% of new movies that come out are terrible and shouldn't even be released anyway, so I doubt there would be 2 movies on at the same time that I'd want to see.
But yeah...I've thought about it. Never done it though.

WYRD
07-05-2007, 02:13 PM
I know I will sound like a prude but I am sure these are the same people that bitch about thiefs. They need to ask why the ticket prices are so high in the first place............from people doing just that, stealing. Same goes for just about everything in todays world, it just boils down to people not being to police themselves. Aside from the fact that now he is teaching his children that its ok if you dont get caught. Now dont get me wrong I have done lot of crap in my life that was wrong, its just the older I get the more I see the consequences of my actions. Hence the reason that if I seen someone drop a twenty I would pick it up and give it back, KARMA she can be your best friend or your worst nightmare:jawdrop: :idea: ;)

WYRD
07-05-2007, 02:19 PM
When I was young I was too scared of getting caught... now that I'm older I could care less about sneeking into a second movie.
I agree, to see a couple of young kids doing this (while its still wrong) is socially acceptable, but to see a grown man doing this with his family.............get a life dude:rolleyes:

EmpirE231
07-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Hmm never did it... wouldn't want to watch two movies in a row!
but I have gone to the movies with a group of friends (4 people or so) and instead of buying the $8.50 tickets each .. we'd give the kid that rips your ticket $10 to let us all in... works every time :D

adjones419
07-05-2007, 03:55 PM
we'd give the kid that rips your ticket $10 to let us all in... works every time :D
Now there's an idea!

SmokinLowriderSS
07-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Theatres make virtually nothing from the price of the movie ticket. Almost everything the theatre gets to keep to cover it's expenses is from the food/drinks sold.
It's ripping off the theatre, and the production company, and it's wrong.

pw_Tony
07-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Sitting in a movie for over 3 hours makes my butt sour:D :(

Jbb
07-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Once you're from the park...... you are always from the park.
Best part of playing musical theatres.....is going thru a pack of smokes .......in each of em....:D

Havasu1986
07-05-2007, 05:54 PM
People have been switching theaters even way back in 76' when I was a usher at the UA in the Cerritos Mall. ;)

Rexone
07-05-2007, 06:03 PM
I normally try to make a day of it and hit 4-5 movies. And I always load up a large food bag with lunch and dinner before I head in.
:)

brad22
07-05-2007, 06:07 PM
I've never done it but my Mom and Step-Dad still do!!! (every once in awhile).
Movies are $9 I say screw it and the food is way more expensive, do it if you want. The worst that could happen is they would ask you to leave right???

77charger
07-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Oh give me a break who hasnt done it.For those who say its wrong etc.
I am sure you really follow all laws and rules too, to says its cheating the theaters is the same as registering your boat out of state to avoid high luxury personal property taxes in your own state and even sales tax!!Saying your boats make less hp than they really do to avoid higher insurance rates!!buying aused car and told dmv you bought for half of what you really paid for it,got music off the internet to burn to cd,copied a dvd,taken a photo off the internet to reproduce from an event,or try to avoid paying a cover charge at a club etc.etc :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes:

THOR
07-05-2007, 07:08 PM
I am sure you really follow all laws and rules too, to says its cheating the theaters is the same as registering your boat out of state to avoid high luxury personal property taxes in your own state and even sales tax!!Saying your boats make less hp than they really do to avoid higher insurance rates!!buying aused car and told dmv you bought for half of what you really paid for it,got music off the internet to burn to cd,copied a dvd,taken a photo off the internet to reproduce from an event,or try to avoid paying a cover charge at a club etc.etc :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes:
My boat is registered in AZ because that is where I use it over 51% of the time as the LAW STATES. Also, I claim 425 HP because that is only because that is what I have.
You are a thief, and a cheat, period and karma will catch up with you. Just steal a candybar or gas why dont you because stealing is stealing. Justify it anyway you want, but you are no better than the other POS criminals.

Tom Brown
07-05-2007, 07:11 PM
I always load up a large food bag with lunch and dinner before I head in.
I used to do that. ......... before I stopped by the local abilities store.
I picked up a reacher (a long pole with tongs on the end for reaching things up high when in a wheelchair). With a reacher, I can pull food from the people in front of me during exciting parts of a movie when they're not paying attention. It keeps the cost down to a managable level.
With what they charge for theater food these days, they can't blame a guy for trying to save a buck. :cool:

3 daytona`s
07-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Sitting in a movie for over 3 hours makes my butt sour:D :(
SOUR butt,but as in your other thread about 1000 posts you really need spell check:idea:

Jbb
07-05-2007, 07:23 PM
I picked up a reacher (a long pole with tongs on the end for reaching things up high when in a wheelchair). With a reacher, I can pull food from the people in front of me during exciting parts of a movie when they're not paying attention. It keeps the cost down to a managable level.
With what they charge for theater food these days, they can't blame a guy for trying to save a buck. :cool:
:jawdrop:

THOR
07-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Don't sugarcoat it Thor, tell him how you really feel. ;)
;) :D :devil:

77charger
07-05-2007, 08:39 PM
You are a thief, and a cheat, period and karma will catch up with you. Just steal a candybar or gas why dont you because stealing is stealing. Justify it anyway you want, but you are no better than the other POS criminals.
pretty bold statement for not even knowing me.Besides who the fock said i was referring to you!!

THOR
07-06-2007, 06:55 AM
pretty bold statement for not even knowing me.Besides who the fock said i was referring to you!!
I never said you were referring to me. But, you cant use the excuse that other people do it so it is okay that you do it as well. That is just your way to justify being a thief. There is nothing different from stealing a car or a movie. It is stealing.

RiverToysJas
07-06-2007, 07:11 AM
If theaters cared that you went to another theater for free, they'd make you exit into the street. Think about it people, it ain't rocket science. You didn't suddenly stumble onto a well kept theater secret.
As stated already......The longer you stay....the more $$$ you spend. The food/drinks is where they make the big money anyway. Keep buying $5 cokes, and stay as long as you want.
I bet 77Charger brings his own snacks!!!! :devil:
RTJas :D

WYRD
07-06-2007, 09:14 AM
I guess some peoples moral fiber is a little stronger than others:idea: :)

WYRD
07-06-2007, 09:22 AM
As stated already......The longer you stay....the more $$$ you spend. The food/drinks is where they make the big money anyway. Keep buying $5 cokes, and stay as long as you want.
I bet 77Charger brings his own snacks!!!! :devil:
RTJas :D
So by your ideology the movies have a certian amount of monies factored in for theft so that gives you the right to use it? If it wasnt for all the "theatrical theivery" maybe we would all be able to enjoy the days of $0.50 hot dogs and quarter sodas.
Hell banks have inflated fees and rates to cover for fraud and identy theft so maybe I should just walk right into one and take the money from their hands....:idea:
some peoples children:rolleyes: :D

MBMOSEBILT
07-06-2007, 09:33 AM
You have an obligation to do whats right every second of the day. people don't realize prices do get inflated for theft compensation. Just like the gas tax when the oil companies get taxed more they raise the price to make up for the difference.

a catered life
07-06-2007, 10:52 AM
i havent done it since i was kid but wednesday i went to see the transformers and the line was long to buy the tickets we waited about 30 minutes to buy the tickets and when the girl sold us the tickets she tore it in half just like the person who takes your ticket inside i was like wtf:confused: ...i go in and find out that they understaffed for the transformers premiere and no one was available to take the tickets:sqeyes: ....then i remembered when i was in line a mexician guy with about 3000 kids ask me to hold his spot and i said ok.. he never came back and guess who i saw in the movie with all his kids and not one ticket purchased......i was pissed:mad:

WYRD
07-06-2007, 11:03 AM
i havent done it since i was kid but wednesday i went to see the transformers and the line was long to buy the tickets we waited about 30 minutes to buy the tickets and when the girl sold us the tickets she tore it in half just like the person who takes your ticket inside i was like wtf:confused: ...i go in and find out that they understaffed for the transformers premiere and no one was available to take the tickets:sqeyes: ....then i remembered when i was in line a mexician guy with about 3000 kids ask me to hold his spot and i said ok.. he never came back and guess who i saw in the movie with all his kids and not one ticket purchased......i was pissed:mad:
Its ok I am sure the $5 soda and the $3 candy helped to pay their way:D :D

H20 Toie
07-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Nope if i want to see a movie then i dont have an issue paying for it.
yes the actors make millions on the on the movie but there are a lot of other people that work to make that movie that are just trying to make a living.

Biglue
07-06-2007, 11:32 AM
he never came back and guess who i saw in the movie with all his kids and not one ticket purchased......i was pissed:mad:
How is that even possible? The reason the box office is seperate from the entrance usher is to avoid situations like this. How could one possibly know another theater patron did not pay for their seat? Then I couldn't help but notice you mentioned he was "Mexican"...... :rolleyes:

speedneeder
07-06-2007, 11:42 AM
sheesh.. whats the harm..:idea:
Shorts are expensive too.. I will try to find a way to stuff an extra pair inside of the one I'm buying.. figure its built into the price.:confused:
Heck,, just the other day I was at Schiada looking at their big boat...Figured I'd ask if they can throw in a RT since it might be built into the price..

Biglue
07-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Everybody knows Mexicans steal stuff. You didn't get the memo?
No, I guess my bullshit blocker caught it.........

WYRD
07-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Everybody knows Mexicans steal stuff. You didn't get the memo?
Hey now don't leave out the blacks.......J/K:D

WYRD
07-06-2007, 12:34 PM
How is that even possible? The reason the box office is seperate from the entrance usher is to avoid situations like this. How could one possibly know another theater patron did not pay for their seat? Then I couldn't help but notice you mentioned he was "Mexican"...... :rolleyes:
At first I thought it was you but then I noticed he had 3000 kids, and remembered you have some outta state too:D

Biglue
07-06-2007, 01:24 PM
At first I thought it was you but then I noticed he had 3000 kids, and remembered you have some outta state too:D
3K.......shit. I had those by age 25......we're breeders that way. :D