PDA

View Full Version : I could write a country music song

CBadDad
07-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Damn, itÂ’s been a tuff month.
When CPS took the kids away from the ex-wife and gave them to me full time, that was a good thing, but it was stressful non-the-less considering I work 24 hour shifts. But I was able to work things out (I always do) and it didnÂ’t take too long for the ex-monster to get her shit together enough for her to get visitation rights back.
Even still, the girlfriend wasnÂ’t happy about it. When I told my son he didnÂ’t have to go visit his mom so he could stay around for football practice (heÂ’s playing QB for the JV team), the girlfriend snapped and dumped me. Said she could handle the kids 75% of the time, but not full time. To add salt in my wound, she had some guy from the gym come by and ride her bike back to her place while I was gone at work. Never asked meÂ…just dissed me. When she told me on the phone I told her to pack her trash and get the fock out. She took the cat with herÂ…Good riddance!
Then on Tuesday, I put my dog down. It was time and the kids were there, but damn that’s hard. When I walked into the vets office, I couldn’t even talk. Somehow I mumbled “Willy’s here” while my sunglasses fogged up, and all the receptionist could say was I’m sorry. I had left him in the truck with the kids. When they came to get us, he almost made it in, but his back legs gave out trying to climb the couple of stairs into the office and I had to carry him the rest of the way.
I got a ticket, but not for speeding or drunk driving or anything stupid like that. I got one for leaving the boat on an unattached trailer in front of my house. IÂ’m sure it was my asshole neighbor, that eventually IÂ’ll get even with. Just now IÂ’m a little preoccupied.
Also got a verbal warning from my chief for taking time off of work but not giving enough notice. He was cool when he learned of my situation, but rules are rules.
I wonder whatÂ’s gonna be next?
If I put this to music, what am I gonna call it?

Miss Perfect
07-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Good grief, it sounds like a terrible month. Keep your head up though, better times are just around the corner...they always are. :)

ratso
07-05-2007, 07:49 PM
When CPS took the kids away from the ex-wife and gave them to me full time, that was a good thing, but it was stressful non-the-less considering I work 24 hour shifts. But I was able to work things out (I always do) and it didnÂ’t take too long for the ex-monster to get her shit together enough for her to get visitation rights back.
Even still, the girlfriend wasnÂ’t happy about it. When I told my son he didnÂ’t have to go visit his mom so he could stay around for football practice (heÂ’s playing QB for the JV team), the girlfriend snapped and dumped me. Said she could handle the kids 75% of the time, but not full time. To add salt in my wound, she had some guy from the gym come by and ride her bike back to her place while I was gone at work. Never asked meÂ…just dissed me. When she told me on the phone I told her to pack her trash and get the fock out. She took the cat with herÂ…Good riddance!
Then on Tuesday, I put my dog down. It was time and the kids were there, but damn that’s hard. When I walked into the vets office, I couldn’t even talk. Somehow I mumbled “Willy’s here” while my sunglasses fogged up, and all the receptionist could say was I’m sorry. I had left him in the truck with the kids. When they came to get us, he almost made it in, but his back legs gave out trying to climb the couple of stairs into the office and I had to carry him the rest of the way.
I got a ticket, but not for speeding or drunk driving or anything stupid like that. I got one for leaving the boat on an unattached trailer in front of my house. IÂ’m sure it was my asshole neighbor, that eventually IÂ’ll get even with. Just now IÂ’m a little preoccupied.
Also got a verbal warning from my chief for taking time off of work but not giving enough notice. He was cool when he learned of my situation, but rules are rules.
Stay away from the London Bridge!:D
Seriously though, sorry about the troubles. Things should be a lot easier without the chick around...;)

ratso
07-05-2007, 07:52 PM
It really can't get any worse. ;)
Yes it could... the girlfriend could come back!:D

Mrs. Restless22
07-05-2007, 07:53 PM
:( What a bummer about everything, except the kids and your ex-girlfriend.
Any woman that cant accept your kids 100% of the time is worthless anyways.
Good luck with everything, keep your chin up!

ratso
07-05-2007, 07:54 PM
:( What a bummer about everything, except the kids and your ex-girlfriend.
Any woman that cant accept your kids 100% of the time is worthless anyways.
Good luck with everything, keep your chin up!
Oh my Gawd!:D

Mrs. Restless22
07-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Oh my Gawd!:D
;)

ratso
07-05-2007, 07:55 PM
;)
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

ratso
07-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Cute kid mrs R... How's Whiskey Dick doin' ???:D

jkh04200
07-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Hey Man,
Sorry to hear the troubles your having. Being a divorced Dad, I'll tell you my feelings. Your kids should be the most important thing in your life. They should always come first. Within limits ofcourse, we all need a life. Any woman, notice I didn't say lady, that has a prblem with the time you have to devote to your kids isn't worth messing with. There are good ladies out there that will respect you so much for taking care of your kids. BBeing there for them, as all parents should be. Time is passing fast and it wont be to long before there gone. Don't miss the chances to be a good Dad. NO woman is worth that. And no lady would accept that.

HavaSkank
07-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Honey, you dont need woman that thinks she has a say in your kids. The biatch did you a favor for bailing.
Here's my meaningless advise:
*Dont get a girlfriend right away. Men tend to feverishly rebound in order to fill a void (pun intended) Stay single, dont move some needy biatch into your home, and have fun dating and meeting new people.
*Get a puppy. An adorable pain-in-the-ass that will chew holes in your underwear and shiat in the kitchen. The old dog is in heaven and it'll get a kick out of watching you from above.
*Show the kids that they are your world and women are replaceable. Dont give them the tiniest incling that you were dumped because of them. Dont bad mouth the trashy mom either. They'll grown up and make their own assessments of that douchebag. Kids only remember the mean things parents say about each other.
Here's to the first day of the rest of your life, Tiger. Go get'em

CBadDad
07-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Hey Man,
Sorry to hear the troubles your having. Being a divorced Dad, I'll tell you my feelings. Your kids should be the most important thing in your life. They should always come first. Within limits ofcourse, we all need a life. Any woman, notice I didn't say lady, that has a prblem with the time you have to devote to your kids isn't worth messing with. There are good ladies out there that will respect you so much for taking care of your kids. BBeing there for them, as all parents should be. Time is passing fast and it wont be to long before there gone. Don't miss the chances to be a good Dad. NO woman is worth that. And no lady would accept that.
That's pretty much my approach.
In all fairness to her, she did hang out with the kids and I for over three years. Helped out a lot. Since she has no kids, she'll never understand. Sometimes I think I was expecting too much. But whatever. I told her when we first started dating that the kids were here first and they'll be here long after she is gone. I guess I was right.
At this point, there is no chance of reconciliation. She broke my Cardinal rule, and had some guy come around while I was at work. I'll never be able to forgive her of that.
I also am not looking forward to another GF. My next trip to the river is gonna be faster and I get to listen to whatever I want on the stereo.

TCN
07-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Brett, were going back out to Havasu on the 16-20th of this month, you gonna be there then? Sorry to hear about all you troubles. Nick

CBadDad
07-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Honey, you dont need woman that thinks she has a say in your kids. The biatch did you a favor for bailing.
*Dont get a girlfriend right away. Men tend to feverishly rebound in order to fill a void (pun intended) Stay single, dont move some needy biatch into your home, and have fun dating and meeting new people.
*Get a puppy. An adorable pain-in-the-ass that will chew holes in your underwear and shiat in the kitchen. The old dog is in heaven and it'll get a kick out of watching you from above.
*Show the kids that they are your world and women are replaceable. Dont give them the tiniest incling that you were dumped because of them. Dont bad mouth the trashy mom either. They'll grown up and make their own assessments of that douchebag. Kids only remember the mean things parents say about each other.
I agree with everything except the puppy part. Someday, but not for a while. That was painful.

Baja Big Dog
07-05-2007, 08:12 PM
WOW...good shit:)

CBadDad
07-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Brett, were going back out to Havasu on the 16-20th of this month, you gonna be there then? Sorry to hear about all you troubles. Nick
No, next trip will be the end of the month.
Missed you at Throttle's. We had a blast!

vmjtc3
07-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Your healthy, kid's are healthy. Nuff said!! And I am sorry about your loss of family. In our house the dogs are part of the family and sounds as if it is the same for you.

3 daytona`s
07-05-2007, 08:35 PM
change at all cost:idea:

blackcloud75
07-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Brett,
Chin-Up, Brother.......know what your going through...
Cory
Need a drinkin' buddy give me a buzz........

lucky
07-06-2007, 05:44 AM
You have been having a tuff month !! I think the dog would be the hardest ! keep your head up and stay in focus .. It will get better.

LHC30Victory
07-06-2007, 05:51 AM
Keep yourself healthy so you can remain an example for your kids...it seems you are doing that well right now...Sorry to hear bout your troubles but you could call the song "A storm runs through it" cause all your troubles will be transient, the love you show your children will prevail. :)

ratso
07-06-2007, 06:01 AM
Or move in with you.:D
I just caught that...lol:D
Problem is she might like MY kid too much... He's 24.;)

Kilrtoy
07-06-2007, 06:25 AM
Life could only be worse if I was a cop!
Stay strong, looks like the worse has come and gone, life only makes you stronger

BarryMac
07-06-2007, 06:39 AM
Sorry to read this Brett, maybe some wings at H(o)(o)ters will make you feel better? I say we get Zig, Ken and the others together for lunch and have a toast to your ex gf and wife, you're better off brother, stay strong... ;) :)

Flyinbowtie
07-06-2007, 06:44 AM
CB,
Sorry things are crappy for you right now. I hear in your words the pain you are feeling. I think that this is one of those times in life that you will wind up looking back on as being a tough run. FWIW, your priorites are in the right place. Your children are clearly the #1 source of pride in your life, and you place them at the top of your list. That is what makes a man a father, not just a half-partner in the act of procreation.
If more people saw life that way, the world would be a better place.
I got a little reality check the other day myself.
Whil fighting my own battles in the legal world as I wander through the desert that is disability retirement, battles with CALPERS, Social Security, etc., and feeling very sorry for myself,my eldest son, who is 23, stopped by with his new girlfriend last Saturday.
Chris is 23, an Army vet, and doing well in the HVAC industry in Reno.
His new girlfriend, 22, is a rapidly rising star in a commercial insurance underwriting company. She is also, quite frankly, a stunning brunette with a smile and eyes that could stop hearts.
While sitting on the deck with them shooting the breeze, my wife and I got the distinct feeling that things are a cookin' between these two.
It seems like just last week he was crashing his bicycle trying to clear a jump out in the meadow, just the other day that he got his drivers license, and just yesterday that I was bawling my eyes out when we dropped him off at the recruiter's office with his toothbrush, underwear and socks enroute to BCT in Kentucky, in July of 2002.
Now I have to get my head around the fact that someday he is gonna make me a grandfather. This is a concept that scares the crap out of me, because it suggests that I may really be damn near 49, and he is rapidly approaching the age I was when he was born.
This, too, shall pass, my friend. Continue to be the rock your kids need, continue to hold your head high, and try to find somethiing to smile about. You will find good times usually follow crappy ones.
And the boss? That SOB clearly doesn't need to be talkin' to the troops about stuff like this when he hasn't taken the time to find out what is going on in your life that might lead you to have to take a day off.
That means he needs to stick to pushin' paper, and leave the people doin' the job alone. Nothin' like working for one of those isolated, out of touch types.

CBadDad
07-06-2007, 07:30 AM
That was a good one! LMAO
Sorry to read this Brett, maybe some wings at H(o)(o)ters will make you feel better? I say we get Zig, Ken and the others together for lunch and have a toast to your ex gf and wife, you're better off brother, stay strong... ;) :)
Let me know when!
Need a drinkin' buddy give me a buzz........
You have a pm

Ziggy
07-06-2007, 09:16 AM
Chin up Brett, plenty o fish in the sea.....if she dissed you because of the kids then its better this way. Who knows what she might have done in your absence if she says she can't handle the kids around all the time. I am blessed to have a wife that excepted my son as her own, now she is the benefactor of being a grandma to a super little boy and soon another child. They do exist ;) :D
Sorry about the pup too man...I just had to do the same in May, except we had to carry him the whole way....I cried:(
and yeah, lets do what Barry said ...whoop-whoop :D:D

topless
07-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the sig.:eek:

Zaairman
07-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Artist: Jake Owen
Album: Startin' With Me
Song: Startin' With Me
Lyrics:
I had a one night stand with my best friends baby sister
And to this day he still won't speak to me
I pawned my grandpaÂ’s old guitar in collage
For a case of beer and a tank of gasoline
I took a swing at my old man one Christmas
I never dreamed that it would be his last
I wish mom had rung my neck
When she caught me with those cigarettes
Which reminds me, IÂ’m down to my last pack
If I had a dime
For half the things I did
That didnÂ’t make no sense at all
IÂ’d be living a little higher on the hog
If only IÂ’d have known
That later on down the road
IÂ’d look back and not like what I see
IÂ’d have changed a lot of things
StartinÂ’ with me
I called my brother everything I could think of
The night he wouldnÂ’t bail me out of jail
I lost a job most folks ‘round here would die for
By laying out all night and raising hell
And I let a woman that I love slip through my fingers
Chalk another dumb move up to my foolish pride
I wasn't there standinÂ’ by the bed
When the preacher bowed his head
With the family, the day my grandma died
If I had a dime
For half the things I did
That didnÂ’t make no sense at all
IÂ’d be living a little higher on the hog
If only I'd have known
IÂ’d have changed a lot of things
StartinÂ’ with me
If only IÂ’d have known
Whoa, IÂ’d have changed a lot of things
StartinÂ’ with me
StartinÂ’ with me

fatboy95
07-06-2007, 04:37 PM
after reading this i am about ready to cut my wrists. sorry to hear about your dog. maybe it's time to sell all your crap and get out of town. years ago I had an asshole neighbor. i moved out of my house when he was on vacation. i sprayed his entire yard with roundup. cost him a fortune to replant everything.

OCMerrill
07-06-2007, 05:49 PM
"Life's a bitch!" although may already be written in simular form.:D
It called seasons of your life. Keep it together and soon it will pass into another.
If your girlfriend was that shallow then your way better off.

ratso
07-06-2007, 05:55 PM
"Life's a bitch!" although may already be written in simular form.:D
It called seasons of your life. Keep it together and soon it will pass into another.
I had a girlfriend that was shallow, so there were only certain positions that she could comfortably...................
oh wait...:jawdrop: we're talking intellectually here...:D

CBadDad
07-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Ya, but she was hot....but then again, so was the last one and the one before that was a stripper. Now that I think about it, the kids mom was hot too, before she pushed out three kids.
Somethin' tells me the next one will be hot too. Life's too short to date ugly woman.
Hmmmm, maybe I'm he one that's shallow. :idea:

SummitKarl
07-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Chin up Brett, plenty o fish in the sea.....if she dissed you because of the kids then its better this way. Who knows what she might have done in your absence if she says she can't handle the kids around all the time. I am blessed to have a wife that excepted my son as her own, now she is the benefactor of being a grandma to a super little boy and soon another child. They do exist ;) :D
Sorry about the pup too man...I just had to do the same in May, except we had to carry him the whole way....I cried:(
and yeah, lets do what Barry said ...whoop-whoop :D:D
you FAG's let me know when and I will make the drive home:jawdrop:

Ziggy
07-06-2007, 08:38 PM
you FAG's let me know when and I will make the drive home:jawdrop:
Ok............... I also told Nance I'd make sure you let her know when you come out, she'd love to see ya too. She and Brock were over for the 4th...:)

ratso
07-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Ya, but she was hot....but then again, so was the last one and the one before that was a stripper. Now that I think about it, the kids mom was hot too, before she pushed out three kids.
Somethin' tells me the next one will be hot too. Life's too short to date ugly woman.
Hey... I've had a few "Charity Cases" that were off the hook...;)

CBadDad
07-07-2007, 05:37 AM
Hey... I've had a few "Charity Cases" that were off the hook...;)
I've had a few too.......................many. :D
Honestly, I don't reget any of 'em. :eek:

Magic34
07-07-2007, 08:41 AM
I bet she comes back within the next 2-3 weeks.
She was just having a hard time, and once the dust settles in her head, she'll be coming back.
Not saying you want her back or should take her back, but she'll be back.

HavaSkank
07-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Life's too short to date ugly woman.
Hey! I resemble that remark.

Kim Hanson
07-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Hello Rocking Chair...............( . )( . )...........:D :D

CBadDad
07-08-2007, 08:26 AM
Hey! I resemble that remark.
You can be my boat biatch anytime. :D

HavaSkank
07-08-2007, 08:43 AM
You can be my boat biatch anytime. :D
Dude! I can back a trailer AND I yield a mean wipe down rag. I am the boat biatch of your dreams baby.
I can bring Cheetos and grape Koolaide, right?

OCMerrill
07-08-2007, 08:55 AM
I guess where I was headed with that comment was related to just the kids. I read all your posts about that crap your X is all about. At this point you stepped up for them so I would have thought... Scratch that....they are not her kids. She faced the possibility of doing a mother thing on some level more than just the surface and blew a brain.
The way she cleared out sounded like she was looking for an out anyway. :(
If you were planning on making her a spot on your family tree, better to know.
So now you can shop away.:D

CBadDad
07-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Oops

CBadDad
07-08-2007, 09:07 AM
I guess where I was headed with that comment was related to just the kids. I read all your posts about that crap your X is all about. At this point you stepped up for them so I would have thought... Scratch that....they are not her kids. She faced the possibility of doing a mother thing on some level more than just the surface and blew a brain.
The way she cleared out sounded like she was looking for an out anyway. :(
If you were planning on making her a spot on your family tree, better to know.
So now you can shop away.:D
You're so right on so many levels....Now back to shoppin'
Dude! I can back a trailer AND I yield a mean wipe down rag. I am the boat biatch of your dreams baby.
I can bring Cheetos and grape Koolaide, right?
Sure, as long as you'll watch the kids while I go drinkin' with the boyz. :D

HavaSkank
07-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Sure, as long as you'll watch the kids while I go drinkin' with the boyz. :D
What do I look like, Mr. French?

CBadDad
07-08-2007, 10:19 AM
What do I look like, Mr. French?
Not according to phebus

HavaSkank
07-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Not according to phebus
Phebus has ingested too many toxic gases in his day. He also thinks Margaret Thatcher has a sweet ass.

Ziggy
07-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Phebus has ingested too many toxic gases in his day. He also thinks Margaret Thatcher has a sweet ass.
Must've been mistaking you with your twin MntnSkank, huh? :D:D

Tom Brown
07-08-2007, 12:04 PM
I'd love to shag the ass out of Margie in the British parliament during question period.

racecar.hotshoe
07-08-2007, 03:02 PM
I'd love to shag the ass out of Margie in the British parliament during question period.
While watching roller derby............:D :D

HavaSkank
07-08-2007, 03:25 PM
I've got a bootlegged copy of chick-on-chick porn starring Margaret Thatcher and Madeline Albright if anyone's interested.

CBadDad
07-08-2007, 05:11 PM
I've got a bootlegged copy of chick-on-chick porn starring Margaret Thatcher and Madeline Albright if anyone's interested.
I haven't gotten to that point yet...what else ya got?