PDA

View Full Version : Lake Clementine push to ban power boats!

HCS
07-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Legislatures want to close Lake Clemetine to power boats.
Tree hungers thanks to Sunset Magazine want to shut lake Clementine down to power boats.
Over the past 8 years or so slowly kayak and canoe people have invaded the lake and decided to try and take it over.
More to follow....

YeLLowBoaT
07-05-2007, 10:32 PM
where is this???

HCS
07-05-2007, 10:36 PM
where is this???
Auburn California.
Auburn ravine.
I usually keep the location quite but it's time to kick ass!!

HCS
07-05-2007, 10:44 PM
You cross this bridge.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/19mar07_018.jpg
Then you get here.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/boating_2006_2_011.jpg
Up lake it looks like this.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/IMG_07031.JPG

YeLLowBoaT
07-05-2007, 10:44 PM
thats the really long and narrow lake that fallows the contors of the river right?
if thats the one I have not been on that lake in about 15 years...

HCS
07-05-2007, 10:53 PM
thats the really long and narrow lake that fallows the contors of the river right?
if thats the one I have not been on that lake in about 15 years...
It's narrow but not that narrow that power boats should be ban, I've been camping and boating there for 35 years!!
The problem is that it's not worth the State Parks and Rec running so they just assume close it.

HCS
07-05-2007, 10:55 PM
This is the same rat bastards that managed to get lake Natomas in Folsom California closed to power boats years ago.

YeLLowBoaT
07-05-2007, 11:02 PM
really... I'm in just for that reason alone...
oh PS I've got some photo albums from my grandparents tonight... going to start scaning( printer took a dumb so I bough a all in one :) ) some of the old pics of folsom lake from when it was being built to about 70s... Lots of pictures form about 95% of the lakes in norcal... should be a hoot to see some of those photos.

bilgewiper
07-06-2007, 05:07 AM
Wow, this really stinks. I practically grew up on that lake. Kept a boat in the little marina from '71-'83 (1st my parents boat then my own in the later years). It was bad enough when they added a speedlimit and then later the inflatable ban..........now this? How come kyakers have rights? They don't even have to pay registration fees etc. bet they are the ones riding bikes on our roads too.

707dog
07-06-2007, 10:43 AM
welcome to the BS of the treehuggers/goverment/all the other fok sticks...we got our cards delt to us at lake berryessa also... pulling all the trailers off the water,blocking off big areas of the lake to accomidate the damn rafters & kayak's, and closing up the resorts and what ever else the friggin got up there sleeve..i agree kayaks and rafts dont pay into state taxes,funds or even pay a luanch fee at public spots so i dont understand why the big take over the water ways bulls$%t...:devil:

HCS
07-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Kayak tree huggers had a meeting at the state Capitol with legislatures without notifing anyone butt themselves and pushed the issue to have the lake closed to power boating.
The Auburn boat club has a petition drive to help keep the lake open to power boats. Their pretty sure this is not going to happen but they want to make sure, their shooting for 10,000 signatures.
If your interested in signing the petition get hold of the boat club at the lake.
I'm going to see if they can get something going online.

Dave C
07-06-2007, 01:35 PM
more bullshiat... hopefully this is a wakeup call to powerboaters. The enviro-nazi's will be coming to your lake next.:mad:
The government ignored a 13000 signature petition filed for Berryessa. :devil: The Berryessa folk's lawyer is fighting about this right now. I hope it helps in this case.

eliminatedsprinter
07-06-2007, 02:00 PM
At the risk of sounding partisan, the political reality is, our state's legislature is so far left (yes this is a right vs left thing here) it is going to be a tough fight.:( We are only a couple more Democrats away from losing virtually all our rights to pursue motorsports in this state.

HCS
07-06-2007, 04:13 PM
At the risk of sounding partisan, the political reality is, our state's legislature is so far left (yes this is a right vs left thing here) it is going to be a tough fight.:( We are only a couple more Democrats away from losing virtually all our rights to pursue motorsports in this state.
That's their effin answer to everything. Close it or ban it. :mad:
One of these days there will be an up rising when people wake up and realize where those bastards are leading us.

fleetimus
07-09-2007, 10:34 AM
I talked to one of the Auburn Boat club People today. He is supposed to post up here with info.

John.
07-09-2007, 11:26 AM
nice little lake. been there once on a friends boat a few years ago. as I remember, there's one heck of a twisty road to get down to the lake. fairly narrow, but great for the water skiers and wakeboarers. don't you have to boat in to the camp sites? too bad the tree huggers are going after this lake.
you know, 10,000 sigs sounds like a pretty big number. does this lake even get 10,000 unique (different familes) visitors a year?

HCS
07-10-2007, 03:26 PM
nice little lake. been there once on a friends boat a few years ago. as I remember, there's one heck of a twisty road to get down to the lake. fairly narrow, but great for the water skiers and wakeboarers. don't you have to boat in to the camp sites? too bad the tree huggers are going after this lake.
you know, 10,000 sigs sounds like a pretty big number. does this lake even get 10,000 unique (different familes) visitors a year?
That's pretty much it. It's great for ski boats mostly if you can bear the road down in there.

HCS
09-10-2007, 08:07 PM
This has heated up!
It's possible that their going to segregate us boaters from the lake.
More to follow, it's some what ugly.
They need to ban kayak people.

120 Inches
09-10-2007, 08:20 PM
It would be cool if we could get the Eliminators down there and do a hot lap with those fockers paddeling down the lake and scare the shat out of them.
Cant stand them and the Stupid ass Mountain Bikers taking up the road.
Sick Wakeboard Lake. :sqeyes:

09-11-2007, 04:01 AM
Wake up people, the treehuggers and bark eaters are going after every lake they can. If not now they will in the future. Berryessa is the 1st step and when they suceed no other lake or waterway will be safe. They have alot of ammunition too, from water, noise and air pollution, waste of natural resources [fuel] expense of law enforcement to the intimatation of the canoers and kayakers...yeah even that arguement came up at one of the Berryessa meetings. They are skeerd of us and our nasty, evil powerboats.:rolleyes: :mad:

Badburn
09-11-2007, 07:07 AM
I'm not for a ban of any kind of boat, but it's no suprise to me. The trend of wakeboarding had caused every kid with a credit rating to go out and buy a wakeboard and a boat. Most of these people have little or no boating experience and they drive these boats around half way on plane with their ballast tanks full, creating a wake that is equivelent to one made by a 35 foot cabin cruiser. There is no reguard for anything or anyone else around them. They are causing damage to marinas, docks, shorelines, levies, bouies, and even the kyak guys. Try launching a boat while one of these fools is wakeboarding back and forth in front of the launchramp, It's ugly!
Sorry for the vent, But I think it has a lot to do with these bans, and new retarded laws(retarded boaters need retarded laws) There should be a license, or a safety course to operate a boat.:)

River Runin
09-11-2007, 07:48 AM
I'm not for a ban of any kind of boat, but it's no suprise to me. The trend of wakeboarding had caused every kid with a credit rating to go out and buy a wakeboard and a boat. Most of these people have little or no boating experience and they drive these boats around half way on plane with their ballast tanks full, creating a wake that is equivelent to one made by a 35 foot cabin cruiser. There is no reguard for anything or anyone else around them. They are causing damage to marinas, docks, shorelines, levies, bouies, and even the kyak guys. Try launching a boat while one of these fools is wakeboarding back and forth in front of the launchramp, It's ugly!
Sorry for the vent, But I think it has a lot to do with these bans, and new retarded laws(retarded boaters need retarded laws) There should be a license, or a safety course to operate a boat.:)
Finally had to get mine!...After bitchin and moaning about having to get it, I finally GOT IT!! :D It's Not for me, IT'S For them!!--And Should be Mandatory!--IMHO-- (on the table again for Kaliforni)
As of January 1, 2007, boaters 60 and younger must now carry a boater education card when operating powerboats (including personal watercraft or any motorized watercraft) greater than 10 hp. Law enforcement officers are issuing citations for non-compliance with the Mandatory Education Law.
Practice a couple times, good info!
http://www.boaterexam.com/usa/oregon/?gclid=CN7IqJngu44CFRNkYwodHXKIww

grads2112
09-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Lake Clementine sucks. The tree huggers can have it.

acatitude
09-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Lake Clementine sucks. The tree huggers can have it.
and you don't think Folsom isn't on their list also???
Look what they are doing at berryessa which has lots of power boating friendly people living right at the lake and owning boats..
I bet most of the people around folsom would be glad to not here your boat on the lake and not have all the traffic, and there arent houses or vacation homes right on the lake like at berryessa

grads2112
09-11-2007, 10:03 AM
and you don't think Folsom isn't on their list also???
Look what they are doing at berryessa which has lots of power boating friendly people living right at the lake and owning boats..
I bet most of the people around folsom would be glad to not here your boat on the lake and not have all the traffic, and there arent houses or vacation homes right on the lake like at berryessa
Well hopefully if we give them Clemenine they won't be so quick to act on Folsom. Also, a powerboat ban on Folsom will never happen for the simple reason that Folsom is one of the highest grossing parks in the state and we all know that the government likes money better than tree huggers.

acatitude
09-11-2007, 11:06 AM
well the BLM owns all the marinas around berryessa also and look whats happening there... Ihope your right

HCS
09-11-2007, 09:03 PM
A freind of mine has a buddy of his that just bought a brand new MC, so they took it up there to run it for the first time and some jack ass kayak people have been throwing rocks in the water right at the boat launch to make a rock hazard for boat people.
So he launch his new boat and rocked the prop right on the pile of rocks they created right out deep enough that you couldn't see it.
That's the kind of jack asses these people are. (Tree hungers)

HCS
09-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Here's a link.
Watch out for these f'n people, there after us. Read the articles!!!
http://www.auburnjournal.com/articles/2007/08/30/news/top_stories/01clementine30.txt

HCS
09-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Read this dumb phucks comments!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sal T. Bacon wrote on Aug 30, 2007 10:21 PM:
" As the population of our area continues to increase, there will by necessity need to be more rules, laws, etc. placed on the public because it's man's nature to push the limits of nature's resources. Just as we are suffering from internal combustion engines (ICE) contaminating the air on our highway, it is the same on the waterways, only worse because even minor oil and fuel spills and leaks have a devastating effect on fish and water birds alike. Did you ever notice how fast oil spreads on the surface of water? I think that boating is an excellent form of recreation; however, some people who use them don't realize how disruptive the ICE that drives them really is to nature. I look forward to the future when we have fossil-fuel-free, electric-drive boats available on our waterways. perhaps we can then fit even more of them on the lake by reducing the contamination factor. By the way, it's interesting to see John Doolittle leave Washington and come out to Auburn to weigh in on this issue; makes for a good photo-op; going for the boater vote me thinks. "

grads2112
09-11-2007, 09:34 PM
A freind of mine has a buddy of his that just bought a brand new MC, so they took it up there to run it for the first time and some jack ass kayak people have been throwing rocks in the water right at the boat launch to make a rock hazard for boat people.
So he launch his new boat and rocked the prop right on the pile of rocks they created right out deep enough that you couldn't see it.
That pisses me off.

HCS
09-12-2007, 11:38 AM
This just burns me.
I've been going to that lake for 20 years plus a few, for about 18 years I have
seen maybe one or two kayaks or canoes at that lake every summer.
Then Sunset magazine and the Sierra club about 5 years ago run articals on their web sites and in their magazines stating what a good destination it would be to kayak and canoe at.
Then WHAM car loads of people start showing up with kayaks. Now they think
they own the place like it's some great new found destination, so now their
pushing to shut it down to power boats after 50 years of people boating on the lake.
The bastards just might get away with it too. I say ban the f'n kayaks and
send them back to whatever rock they climb out from under.

charitycase
09-12-2007, 12:31 PM
These are the same kind of people that stake trees & injure or kill Lumberjacks & Jills for the sake of a tree.A bit extreme I think.I am all for the enviroment but not at the cost of life.I always respect the area I'm using whether it be waterways,camping etc... Soon we will have no place for Motorsport recreation.
Tom,sorry for the rant.Casey

HCS
09-12-2007, 12:40 PM
I've been in boats since before I could walk and paddled canoes for 35 years. Everytime we'd go down Topock or Blythe in a canoe 99% was a good time...except for the asshats who think we look hot and feel the need to pass 5 feet from some kids in a plastic canoe and swamp us.
It's stupid as hell to ban powerboats OR kayaks. Powerboats need to keep an eye open for smaller slower vessels PERIOD. Smaller slower vessels need to be aware also.
There nothing that either party does that should interfer with the other except for being safe and courtious. That may be the overall problem...
Banning wakeboards makes sense because they are intentionally causing bigger waves and erosion...and because the tuna tower looks funny.
Going canoeing in Needles/Topock Oct 13.14 I'll be the one in the red canoe :D
Ya know I don't have any problem with kayaks and canoes it's the damn
people that show up somewhere that don't know jack shhit about the history
of something and just all of the sudden show up and think they can take it
over.

skyskier
09-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Yeah.................I second that! same crap down south here. These are the same STOOPID bastards that think the launch ramp is the time & place to load all their crap in the friggin tower boat, and while their at it, teach the gurlfriend how to back a trailer down the ramp:mad:

Boat211
09-12-2007, 02:21 PM
As far as I am concerned, Kayaks and canoes are for the lake that you cant get a power boat to.

Boat211
09-12-2007, 03:08 PM
The point that I was trying to make was that if they can ban us.. We should ban them

09-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Well hopefully if we give them Clemenine they won't be so quick to act on Folsom. Also, a powerboat ban on Folsom will never happen for the simple reason that Folsom is one of the highest grossing parks in the state and we all know that the government likes money better than tree huggers.
Are you drunk or just stupid?:confused: "We" will not give them anything, they will just take it. Ban boats on Folsom? What makes you think that lake is immune to the tree huggers wrath? Alot of people thought the same way about Berryessa, well guess what...Berryessa is losing resorts, areas and coves are being roped off and plans are being drawn up to limit powerboats on the lake and ban them all together from areas reserved for nature viewing, kayaks, canoes and sailboats. You say the government likes money better than "treehuggers" well here's another newsflash for ya....the government is run by treehuggers and people with that mentality. Money? They will just find another source for the money that MIGHT be lost from powerboaters. Ever heard of 'user fees' 'entrance fees' and the increase of all the fees already in place. Last but not least they can raise taxes. Powerboat fees? Indeed, that makes up such a small part of the overall budget it wouldn't be missed except maybe by the accountants that carry the numbers to the 4th decimal point. Better get your head outta the sand because you just might be turned around at the gate WHEN, not if, your favorite lake is off limits.

grads2112
09-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Are you drunk or just stupid?:confused: "We" will not give them anything, they will just take it. Ban boats on Folsom? What makes you think that lake is immune to the tree huggers wrath? Alot of people thought the same way about Berryessa, well guess what...Berryessa is losing resorts, areas and coves are being roped off and plans are being drawn up to limit powerboats on the lake and ban them all together from areas reserved for nature viewing, kayaks, canoes and sailboats. You say the government likes money better than "treehuggers" well here's another newsflash for ya....the government is run by treehuggers and people with that mentality. Money? They will just find another source for the money that MIGHT be lost from powerboaters. Ever heard of 'user fees' 'entrance fees' and the increase of all the fees already in place. Last but not least they can raise taxes. Powerboat fees? Indeed, that makes up such a small part of the overall budget it wouldn't be missed except maybe by the accountants that carry the numbers to the 4th decimal point. Better get your head outta the sand because you just might be turned around at the gate WHEN, not if, your favorite lake is off limits.
OMG! You're right. Thanks for bringing this to light. I didn't realize until now that the goverment is trying to take over every lake in the country one by one. How could I have not seen this coming? I'm listing my boat in the boat trader tomorrow because eventually it will be totally useless. I really feel for all the boat builders that will going out of business shortly. Thanks for the heads up.

HCS
09-13-2007, 08:44 PM
So if they banned twenty foot boats on your lake and you had a 22' you'd be OK with that...since it's a small lake only small boats should be on it...
Paddlers do the same thing boaters do (except water skiing's a bitch), BS, enjoy the scenery, camp, etc.
If you are being a half careful boater a kayak is just as dangerous as a downed skier...easier to see and can move a little if need be.
Like I said, the lake should stay open to all boaters...except those wakeboard tools.
That has been brought up by many people, this may have all started because
of fat sacks, big wakes, and wakeboad boats.
That is where the whole issue began. First they ban blow up towables
because the lake was to small for tubing (because of ONE incident of a tuber
getting run over) ok, he ended up very messed up for life.
That was partly the fault of his own driver of his own boat. He was spun into the path of another boat. Very sad.
Now the public has to deal with big wakes from wakeboard boats, so now
what do you do? ban everyone I guess???
Or segregate part of the public from using a taxed paid for out of our own pockets facility for only a special group of people to use.
I guess that's where were headed, predictions are it's only going to get worse.
The idea of Folsom being shut down to power boats is not that far fetched,
it has been discused by politicians before. It's our drinking water! :rolleyes:

09-14-2007, 08:10 AM
Try to follow the logic here.... L.E. closed off boat traffic at the bridge at Pope Creek, Berryessa because of the problems associated with the people that parked at the lot at the foot of the bridge so they kick us boaters out thinking if we [the boaters] weren't there the people wouldn't come. brilliant, just brilliant:rolleyes: With thinking like that who knows what other brainstorms these geniuses will come up with.:mad: