PDA

View Full Version : couple pics of my blown tx-19 project

IMPATIENT 1
07-06-2007, 05:20 AM
i finally finished my 87condor tx-19 and have already put alittle time on it(30minutes:D ). it ran verrrry hard and this evening i'm taking it out for some wot passes before i go to broken bow lake tommorrow and race the big boys(scott seastrum, chop helms, meagen helms, etc.).here's a couple pics:

IMPATIENT 1
07-06-2007, 05:20 AM
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34470&d=1183727984

IMPATIENT 1
07-06-2007, 05:21 AM
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34471&d=1183727997

IMPATIENT 1
07-06-2007, 05:24 AM
the hull was in really bad shape, the floor was rotten, carpet shot. i pulled out the floor and ski, reinforced the stringers some and recarpeted it. i bet i pulled out alittle over 175lbs of oil/water soaked foam and wood.
here what the floor ended up lookin like, i'm not happy with the way the red carpet cut but it matches for now:

IMPATIENT 1
07-06-2007, 05:26 AM
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34472&d=1183728264

IMPATIENT 1
07-06-2007, 05:29 AM
here's couple before and after shots of the bow. the gel was in horrible shape. i started with 1000grit wet sanding, moved up to 1500grit in the last pic. buffed it twice, micro polished it twice and glazed it. thru on 3-4coats of turtle wax ice polish, then ice wax(the ice stuff works awesome on gel!).

IMPATIENT 1
07-06-2007, 05:29 AM
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34473&d=1183728532

IMPATIENT 1
07-06-2007, 05:30 AM
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34474&d=1183728544

IMPATIENT 1
07-06-2007, 05:34 AM
i went thru the dominator(it was worn out, all factory still) and replaced impellor with a balanced detailed b-cut dominator imp. bronze ring, set the clearence at .028, no inducer. it doesn't need an inducer, it doesn't cavatate when flatfooting it;) i also built a new fully balanced blown roller alum headed 475bbc(had a shiat roller 468 in it, single carb,single plane intake @450hp) that's pushing the hell outta the boat. goin out today to get a wot top speed on gps and see what the boat will do in the coves.

502 JET
07-06-2007, 05:38 AM
WOW it looks great. Have fun and be safe...

Devilman
07-06-2007, 05:54 AM
Looks good Tom. Bet ya can't wait to get out there & run the shit out of it!:devil: Glad the weather is holdin out for ya, been a long time coming.....
Must be something in the air, word around the campfire is Marty finally fired off the Cheyenne as well..... :rollside:

IMPATIENT 1
07-06-2007, 06:36 AM
Looks good Tom. Bet ya can't wait to get out there & run the shit out of it!:devil: Glad the weather is holdin out for ya, been a long time coming.....
Must be something in the air, word around the campfire is Marty finally fired off the Cheyenne as well..... :rollside:
lol, me and marty both wanted that cheyenne, he got to it 1st:D i couldn't have made it into what marty did though, so i'm really glad he got it. i bought this tx @ 3-4wks after marty dragged his cheyenne home. gonna go out after work and give it hell:devil: taking my gps with me:D

Gearhead
07-06-2007, 07:03 AM
Hey Tom,
Great to hear you have the TX running. Where do you hang out at Broken Bow? A good number of folks... the ones you mentioned, will be at Twin Pines close to Carson Creek. I hope to be there before dusk.
We also have the youngbloodjetboat.com t-shirts available there if interested. The Outlaw Boat Racers were also having some new t-shirts printed. I don't know if they got them ready in time or not for the 4th.
Gearhead

IMPATIENT 1
07-06-2007, 07:40 AM
Hey Tom,
Great to hear you have the TX running. Where do you hang out at Broken Bow? A good number of folks... the ones you mentioned, will be at Twin Pines close to Carson Creek. I hope to be there before dusk.
We also have the youngbloodjetboat.com t-shirts available there if interested. The Outlaw Boat Racers were also having some new t-shirts printed. I don't know if they got them ready in time or not for the 4th.
Gearhead
cool, i'll see ya there tommorrow! i'll be in jetboat cove or where everyone decided to gather for races:D my kids wanted to go see some racing so i'm taking them tommorrow so i can leave em home on labor day:D :D i may race a couple of times to see what else i need to do. don't laugh and point fingers when i lose:D remember this is my 1st gullwing and i'll be racing it for the 1st time tommorrow:eek:

texas-19
07-06-2007, 09:39 AM
What are you using for the front of your blower belt cover?

Jet Hydro
07-06-2007, 09:54 AM
scott seastrum has a lake boat ???

IMPATIENT 1
07-06-2007, 09:58 AM
scott seastrum has a lake boat ???
a blown tx-18:D i herd he brought that with them. they sunk a boat at broken bow this week already. sumthing about a guy scott built a boat for followed him down to broken bow, was cuttin do-nuts and swamped his own boat, boat went down. scott and the guy spent a couple days this week bringing it back up. broken bow is deeeeeppp:jawdrop:

IMPATIENT 1
07-06-2007, 10:02 AM
What are you using for the front of your blower belt cover?
its a hand made blower belt cover my buddy took off his blown hondo when he bought it. he sold the boat 2yrs later to bigchris here on the boards and gave me the cover for helping sell the hondo runnerbottom.he also gave me the v/covers that are on my boat, i don't like em but i figured i'd be neighborly and appreciative and run the covers regardless.i'll get a close up on the cover, its nice lookin for as old as it is. the chrome is still flawless.

Jet Hydro
07-06-2007, 10:17 AM
I heard it was deep :jawdrop:
I hate taking guy`s to the lake, they always gotta show you what they can do :rolleyes:
:idea: As soon as they find out that your a racer, something snaps inside em....lol I wont ride with anyone for that reason ;)

IMPATIENT 1
07-06-2007, 10:28 AM
I heard it was deep :jawdrop:
I hate taking guy`s to the lake, they always gotta show you what they can do :rolleyes:
:idea: As soon as they find out that your a racer, something snaps inside em....lol I wont ride with anyone for that reason ;)
i feel ya.
i'm no racer, ain't got the $$$$ to do it or i'd try. i just like running the pro racers on the holiday weekends. really lets ya know where your boat stands or what it may need to be more competive.i know i'll get sawed off tommorrow by a few boats, but i think i'll be able to beat @75-80% of the boats that'll be there racing tommorrow.whatever my weakest point is this season, i'll get to work on fixin over the winter. go back and see if i can saw off the boats that beat me this yr.. lots of these guys show up with 1/8 or 1/4 mile boats, and that don't usually cut it when your racing 800-1000ft.

Jet Hydro
07-06-2007, 10:42 AM
:idea: Just stay safe and put your gear on for those speed runs!
That boat should do well ;)
BTW ... they are racing in OK City this month ;)

fleetimus
07-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Looks great!! Good job!!!

IMPATIENT 1
07-06-2007, 10:57 AM
:idea: Just stay safe and put your gear on for those speed runs!
That boat should do well ;)
BTW ... they are racing in OK City this month ;)
are you thinking about making those races????:D
thanx fleet! are you back on the water yet?

fleetimus
07-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Not yet, but close. Big maybe for this weekend.

Slacker
07-06-2007, 11:48 AM
i feel ya.
i'm no racer, ain't got the $$$$ to do it or i'd try. i just like running the pro racers on the holiday weekends. really lets ya know where your boat stands or what it may need to be more competive.i know i'll get sawed off tommorrow by a few boats, but i think i'll be able to beat @75-80% of the boats that'll be there racing tommorrow.whatever my weakest point is this season, i'll get to work on fixin over the winter. go back and see if i can saw off the boats that beat me this yr.. lots of these guys show up with 1/8 or 1/4 mile boats, and that don't usually cut it when your racing 800-1000ft.
There will always be somebody thats faster and has more time and money to get it done. :mad:

slotracer
07-06-2007, 11:49 AM
if you stayed off the computor and worked on the boat it would get done:D

Jet Hydro
07-06-2007, 11:50 AM
are you thinking about making those races????:D
thanx fleet! are you back on the water yet?
We were but with the floods I think I`m gonna stay home this year. :idea: To much stuff in the rivers for me to make speed runs ;)

IMPATIENT 1
07-06-2007, 12:56 PM
i've got the same prob here jhydro. our local lake has flooded over, they shut the whole thing down, no campers, no fishing, no nada. i've gotta drive to texas(makes me where baffles) to run mine in a couple hrs just to see what it'll do wot, then uncork the headers and drive 1hr tommorrow to bbow lake.

IMPATIENT 1
07-06-2007, 12:58 PM
There will always be somebody thats faster and has more time and money to get it done. :mad:
that's no lie. i did build the bottom end to handle at least 1500hp so i can always spray alittle nitrous ontop of the blower;) :D a blown tx-19 with a 200hp would be wicked fast i think:devil:

oldbuck40
07-06-2007, 01:19 PM
i've got the same prob here jhydro. our local lake has flooded over, they shut the whole thing down, no campers, no fishing, no nada. i've gotta drive to texas(makes me where baffles) to run mine in a couple hrs just to see what it'll do wot, then uncork the headers and drive 1hr tommorrow to bbow lake.lol you better check where your going in Texas cause most or all of em are closed here too!

Gearhead
07-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Tom,
I guess I missed you. I ended up getting off work Friday noon and made it to BB by 4 PM. Sure was a great time. We have a lot of pictures on the youngbloodjetboats.com website. I hope there are some of your boat.
Gearhead

dragboat
07-08-2007, 07:44 PM
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34471&d=1183727997
Nice! Dam nice!

IMPATIENT 1
07-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Tom,
I guess I missed you. I ended up getting off work Friday noon and made it to BB by 4 PM. Sure was a great time. We have a lot of pictures on the youngbloodjetboats.com website. I hope there are some of your boat.
Gearhead
oil pump took a shit fri evening when i took the boat to make so wot passes in it:mad: i shut it down before anything major happened, pulled the motor and a found #4main toasted,didn't really hurt the crank but i'm taking it tommorrow to be checked and have the mains turned 10 over with race clearence. i checked main bore and they all match, mic'd the crank and they all matched.don't know what went south but the oil pump never built pressure as fast as it should've.i used coated clevite 77 h-bearings too.:(

Sleeper CP
07-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Damn, sorry to hear that.:( That sucks! :( Hope you can get it back together soon.
Sleeper CP