PDA

View Full Version : The Real Temps

dirty old man
07-06-2007, 08:09 AM
Get a kick out of the evening news showing official temps from LA, LV and Phoenix, when we know they are really much higher at the lakes. If LV shows an "official" high of 116, I know we're seeing prox at 125 Lake Mead in the shade and Havasu can easily exceed that. Anyone think its only 112 at LHC? Do the local chambers of commerce have any input? This game started many, many years ago when they were trying to build tourism in Palm Springs

Wheeler
07-14-2007, 01:59 PM
http://www.wunderground.com/stationmaps/gmap.asp?zip=85344&magic=1&wmo=99999
Above is a link to personal weather stations, this will tell the true story.

uvindex
07-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Get a kick out of the evening news showing official temps from LA, LV and Phoenix, when we know they are really much higher at the lakes. If LV shows an "official" high of 116, I know we're seeing prox at 125 Lake Mead in the shade and Havasu can easily exceed that. Anyone think its only 112 at LHC? Do the local chambers of commerce have any input? This game started many, many years ago when they were trying to build tourism in Palm SpringsSo you're saying it's a conspiracy? Just got the weather for Havasu from four sites. Reported temps were 109, 110, 111, and 113.5. What do you think the real temp is there right now? (And do you have a calibrated thermometer as a reference? :))

Tom Brown
07-14-2007, 05:38 PM
It is some kind of hot here right now. :eek:
I'm dieing. You guys can have your 120* heat. This 95* heat is killing me.

Sleek-Jet
07-14-2007, 06:09 PM
Get a kick out of the evening news showing official temps from LA, LV and Phoenix, when we know they are really much higher at the lakes. If LV shows an "official" high of 116, I know we're seeing prox at 125 Lake Mead in the shade and Havasu can easily exceed that. Anyone think its only 112 at LHC? Do the local chambers of commerce have any input? This game started many, many years ago when they were trying to build tourism in Palm Springs
Remember that the official temp is taken in the shade on grass... standing out in the direct sunlight on sand is going to several degrees hotter.