PDA

View Full Version : Taking R/C hobby to the extremes

spectras only
07-06-2007, 10:25 AM
They were lucky that no police were cruising by !
http://www.flixxy.com/rc-aircraft-flying-through-car-tunnel.htm

Wavemaker
07-06-2007, 01:33 PM
AMAZING!!! Quite an accomplishment considering the various unknown parameters encountered such as air drafts from tunnel ventilation air shafts (an any related circulation fans), and the additional auto and delivery van traffic entering the tunnel from the side ramp just ahead of the airplane. Massive van vehicle wake turbulance for the airplane. You will notice the R/C pilot slowed the plane or the vehile the pilot was in closed up the gap to the airplane. It appears to me the speed of the plane slowed to near stall speed a couple of times. When another auto speeds past on the left, notice how the R/C pilot keeps the plane up higher in altitude and towards the right of the lane in front of the pilot's vehicle. The wake turbulance from the car passing hardly upset the airplane at all. Excellent pilot control. This is an excellent R/C stunt.

GHT
07-06-2007, 03:30 PM
That was an awesome stunt and remarkable piloting. Wish I knew what group that was during most of the stunt. Aaaa yaa.., Aaaa yaa.

pw_Tony
07-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Now just strap a camera on that thing and go over enemy lines!:D ;)

socalmoney
07-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Can someone tell me why the pilot is wearing a helmet?

Spotondl
07-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Probably standing up in a convertable car... keep the wind out of his face...

spectras only
07-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Two reasons . Like it was said , he was standing in a convertible or sticking his head out through the sunroof .
Second guess , he doesn't want to be recognized in the video :idea: