PDA

View Full Version : Bimmini Top in SD

Goathead666
07-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Kind of got myself into a pickle with a time crunch. Heading out to Havasu on Wednesday and need to find and off the shelf bimmini to fit my boat. Doesn't have to be anything special, but also not junk.
It's a 21' Larson runabout. I'm looking for places in San Diego that may carry it besides West Marine. I'm going to install it myself so I don't really need an install shop.
Thanks,

Screaming Pete
07-06-2007, 11:10 AM
call Benz in escondido, he's magic does great work on Hale street across the street from Nemo's bakery

Mandelon
07-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Off the shelf might be tough. I dunno if anyone carries them in stock. Maybe Overtons can overnite it?

Goathead666
07-06-2007, 11:30 AM
I was kind of thinking the same thing with Overton's as well but it looks like the manufactuer drop ships them directly in about 6 days.
Dummy that I am should have planned further ahead and now here I am. Just can't afford to go out there without one with this ridiculous heat recently, my friends will be frying like lizards out there.:jawdrop:
Anybody got any ideas of places in the Shelter Island area or Point Loma, I know there are a grip of boat places over there?

Mandelon
07-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Yeah, but I think they are going to all be custom shops, and need more time..and more money..
There are those umbrella type tops, PhatMatt used to have one. Good when stopped, but not for when you're underway...

tamalewagon
07-06-2007, 11:36 AM
I was kind of thinking the same thing with Overton's as well but it looks like the manufactuer drop ships them directly in about 6 days.
Dummy that I am should have planned further ahead and now here I am. Just can't afford to go out there without one with this ridiculous heat recently, my friends will be frying like lizards out there.:jawdrop:
Anybody got any ideas of places in the Shelter Island area or Point Loma, I know there are a grip of boat places over there?
I live in Point Loma and the only other place I know of used to be Boat US next to Big 5. You might try there.
EDIT...try the Sea Ray dealership right before the 8 freeway entrance too.

Goathead666
07-06-2007, 12:25 PM
I live in Point Loma and the only other place I know of used to be Boat US next to Big 5. You might try there.
EDIT...try the Sea Ray dealership right before the 8 freeway entrance too.
Thanks man, called them up this morning and they do carry them in stock. I was just curious if you guys knew of any other places in San Diego that might carry a larger selection. Thanks, guess I'll go check them out in the morning.
BTW, how hard is it to install one of these things? Doesn't look too bad at first glance.

tamalewagon
07-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Thanks man, called them up this morning and they do carry them in stock. I was just curious if you guys knew of any other places in San Diego that might carry a larger selection. Thanks, guess I'll go check them out in the morning.
BTW, how hard is it to install one of these things? Doesn't look too bad at first glance.
I'm not sure about your boat, but mine was extremely simple. Only took 1/2 hour. You might also try Hipp Marine off the 163. They might have some.
Good luck.

BarryMac
07-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Pre drill your holes, the gel coat will grab the screws and break the heads off, yes I'm speaking from experience... :D :D

Havasu1986
07-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Kind of got myself into a pickle with a time crunch. Heading out to Havasu on Wednesday and need to find and off the shelf bimmini to fit my boat. Doesn't have to be anything special, but also not junk.
It's a 21' Larson runabout. I'm looking for places in San Diego that may carry it besides West Marine. I'm going to install it myself so I don't really need an install shop.
Thanks,
You could also call one of the shops in Havasu and see if they can make you one while your there. I don't know how long it takes. :confused:

Powerquestboy
07-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Buy an anchor shade for the weekend. Cant run with it up but otherwise they are great and not nearly as expensive as a Bimini
http://www.boatersworld.com/product/167510056msk.htm