PDA

View Full Version : Renting Motorhomes

BrendellaJet
07-06-2007, 11:09 AM
I'd like to try out renting a motorhome as an alternative to camping. Can anyone recommend a company or individual to rent from? Im looking for something clean and relatively new yet still affordable. Not looking for a monster(unless its a good deal) but rather something in the 25-30 foot range for two adults and a baby.AC is a must. If there is more room then that is okay, as there will be others going on the trip, but not sleeping inside...
Also if anyone can recommend some do's & donts of traveling with one that would be helpful. Areas of interest are on the river, south of Parker. Prefer something as local to the river as possible so I dont end up wasting a ton of gas on the commute.
Thanks for any input!

tamalewagon
07-06-2007, 11:29 AM
El Monte RV or CruiseAmerica are your best bets. :D

Big Inch
07-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Don't drive with the tv antenna up :)

uvindex
07-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Don't drive with the tv antenna up :)Or the step extended or the sewer hose connected or the windshield sunshade installed or the dog tied to the rear bumper. :D (I used to worry about doing just that with the antenna in my class C, so after I made camp I'd put the RV ignition keys on the little crank used to lower the TV antenna. Checklists are helpful too).
Happy camping! :)

2Driver
07-06-2007, 12:25 PM
We rented from Cruise America for the Parker 425 race. 1st time in a RV and it was fun and just right for being out by Bouse for the race with the family. They are not cheap if you plan to drive a lot. We had fun and no mishaps

cxr133
07-06-2007, 03:39 PM
El Monte RV or CruiseAmerica are your best bets. :D
Too expensive.
try Craiglist.... i have ran across a few private owners willing to rent out Class C motorhomes through there

socalmoney
07-06-2007, 04:00 PM
Be careful you don't do this.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/23712066motorhome_005.jpg

HighRoller
07-06-2007, 06:50 PM
If you just want a bucket to rent and thrash call El Monte or Cruise America. If you're looking for a really nicely maintained rig call Expedition Motor Homes in Calabasas. My buddy just rented a 31' Class C from them and it was immaculate inside and out. All their stuff is privately owned and super clean.