PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Ideas from the Sandbar Folks!!

ravencrew
07-06-2007, 06:17 PM
:D Hey everyone we are having are poker run in a few weeks and I was looking for ideas on our boat Rodeo! Last year we put a garbage can on a sand bar and you had to knock it over with your rooster tail or spray! Had some pretty good laughs!!:D This year we are probably going to be doing that same thing, But I'm looking for some more Ideas! Like a Figure 8 between bouys or something like that! Anybody here have any Ideas? :idea: I sure would like to hear from people from past experiences at poker runs and boating events!!!
Thanks!:D

Coach
07-06-2007, 09:02 PM
:D Hey everyone we are having are poker run in a few weeks and I was looking for ideas on our boat Rodeo! Last year we put a garbage can on a sand bar and you had to knock it over with your rooster tail or spray! Had some pretty good laughs!!:D This year we are probably going to be doing that same thing, But I'm looking for some more Ideas! Like a Figure 8 between bouys or something like that! Anybody here have any Ideas? :idea: I sure would like to hear from people from past experiences at poker runs and boating events!!!
Just let me know when you will be there so I don't get hit by a guy doing figure 8's or a worse a rooster tail!
Sounds like fun but how can you pull that off at the sandbar without a witch hunt coming after you? Why don't you just give out a card and have drinks for the passengers? Or better yet some good old fashioned games, 3 leged races, balloon toss, etc..:idea:

Havasu1986
07-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Coach...I think he is talking about a different place. Ravencrew..what lake or river are you boating on. :confused:

Coach
07-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Coach...I think he is talking about a different place. Ravencrew..what lake or river are you boating on. :confused:
the only sandbar I know if is between Topock and Havasu and shooting stuff with a rooster tail would be a bad idea.
I guess he should clarify where this is going down, because most on this board are thinking of the Sanbar on the CO river

Coach
07-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Posted too fast, didn't realize what you had typed until after, sorry of any confusion. YL baby!!

Prop Rod
07-06-2007, 09:12 PM
:eek: :eek: :jawdrop: :eek:

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-06-2007, 09:15 PM
"Land of Gracious Living" or so I've read....:D

Havasu1986
07-06-2007, 09:16 PM
the only sandbar I know if is between Topock and Havasu and shooting stuff with a rooster tail would be a bad idea.
I guess he should clarify where this is going down, because most on this board are thinking of the Sanbar on the CO river
Doesn't Parker and Blythe have there own sandbars where people hang out. I agree that my 1st thought would be the Havi sandbar.

Havasu1986
07-06-2007, 09:17 PM
"Land of Gracious Living" or so I've read....:D
Y.L. must be boring tonite. :D

ravencrew
07-06-2007, 09:19 PM
It's on the Klamath River Located in Northern California in the little town of Klamath. Last year we had over 20 boats show up and it was a blast!!! Everybody camps at Steelhead Lodge and indulges in the fishbowl margaritas!!! There are seven shots in each drink!!!:) :jawdrop:

Coach
07-06-2007, 09:19 PM
We must not be at the canyon or Esters! :idea:

Havasu1986
07-06-2007, 09:21 PM
It's on the Klamath River Located in Northern California in the little town of Klamath. Last year we had over 20 boats show up and it was a blast!!! Everybody camps at Steelhead Lodge and indulges in the fishbowl margaritas!!! There are seven shots in each drink!!!:) :jawdrop:
Thanks for clarifying which place. :)

Coach
07-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Doesn't Parker and Blythe have there own sandbars where people hang out. I agree that my 1st thought would be the Havi sandbar.
They do but when you hear sandbar we all think the same place. the Parker sandbar is not bad but the Blythe sandbar might have 15 boats on it all day.

Havasu1986
07-06-2007, 09:22 PM
I was at T.G.I.F.'s for dinner and watching the Angel game. :mad:

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-06-2007, 09:23 PM
It's surburbia, love.

ravencrew
07-06-2007, 09:24 PM
The limit on the fishbowls is four! A GUY TRIED TO SURPASS THE 5th AND ENDED DRIVING HIS CAR THROUGH THE TAVERN UP THE ROAD FROM THE LODGE!

Mrs 2LKHVSU
Esters? on the West Side? I hear it's great!

Havasu1986
It's surburbia, love.
I have a Tahoe..not a Surburbia. :D

Coach
07-06-2007, 09:26 PM
It is. Did a to go order tonight and then a swim with the kids and a jacuzzi with the ladies. Only problem is I am out of beer.:(

Havasu1986
07-06-2007, 09:26 PM
West side sucks..East side rocks..:eek: :D

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Cute!
Can't beat the neighbors for a great night..in the city..
No Havi this weekend for you?!
p.s give us a call.........

Coach
07-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Only one in YL on the East side. The West Ester is in Placentia. Both Rock and the beer is always cooooooold.:D

Havasu1986
07-06-2007, 09:28 PM
It is. Did a to go order tonight and then a swim with the kids and a jacuzzi with the ladies. Only problem is I am out of beer.:(
I thought coachs / teachers were always prepared. :confused:

Coach
07-06-2007, 09:30 PM
I thought coachs / teachers were always prepared. :confused:
We are not boy scouts! I just am switching over to the captin and coke now!;)

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-06-2007, 09:30 PM
NO BEER!?!?!?
Good thing I"m a wine girl..beer is always here for the Mr.

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-06-2007, 09:32 PM
West side sucks..East side rocks..:eek: :D
Kellogg/YL......I'm a West Side Girl.
Anyone remember the Petshop Boys?!?!

Coach
07-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Hell you are closer to my work than I am! I thought 4 miles was close!

Mrs 2LKHVSU
And "fish" in da bowl??!?!?!

Havasu1986
We are not boy scouts! I just am switching over to the captin and coke now!;)
Ouch...early tee time tomorrow at Black Gold. Nate and me are playing in the 2 day member / guest next week.

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Hell you are closer to my work than I am! I thought 4 miles was close!
breakfast is Special K and coffee.....

Havasu1986
07-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Showing are age...West side girl...;)

Coach
07-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Ouch...early tee time tomorrow at Black Gold. Nate and me are playing in the 2 day member / guest next week.
Just tell Finkle to keep the laces out! :D :D :D He might have some of the most entertaining stories of all time (better part he believes them) Every time he tells a story that is BS (when his mouth opens :D ) call him Acton!

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Neighbor has me blowing up balloons at 9AM for the birthday party..that is LOVE!

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-06-2007, 09:38 PM
Showing are age...West side girl...;)
ta da ta ..... (w/feeling!)

Havasu1986
07-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Just tell Finkle to keep the laces out! :D :D :D He might have some of the most entertaining stories of all time (better part he believes them) Every time he tells a story that is BS (when his mouth opens :D ) call him Acton!
He does have alot of stories...I'm starting to believe half of them. And how many times do I have to hear I was a All American at UCLA. :D

ravencrew
07-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Origanially posted by Mrs 2LKHVSU And "fish" in da bowl??!?!?! Imagine a fish bowl filled with a margarita!!!!!!

Coach
07-06-2007, 09:43 PM
He does have alot of stories...I'm starting to believe half of them. And how many times do I have to hear I was a All American at UCLA. :D
Baaaaawaaaaaaaaahhaaaaaaa
That was great. Just ask him how many Dr. Peppers it took for him to come out for football.

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-06-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm a planner........ how about a North OC Night?!?!

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Imagine a fish bowl filled with a margarita!!!!!!
w/ a lime...

Havasu1986
07-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Baaaaawaaaaaaaaahhaaaaaaa
That was great. Just ask him how many Dr. Peppers it took for him to come out for football.
I will have to wait until tattoo man comes back from No. Carolina. He is seeing a girl that he met on MySpace..Dumba$$.

Coach
07-06-2007, 09:47 PM
I'm a planner........ how about a North OC Night?!?!
I am in if I can get a baby sitter. I did just find a new one in Anaheim hills that is very good. This might work. Looks like another ***boat Caynon Inn run!!!

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-06-2007, 09:48 PM
I will have to wait until tattoo man comes back from No. Carolina. He is seeing a girl that he met on MySpace..Dumba$$.
YIKES!!

Coach
07-06-2007, 09:49 PM
I am sure this surprises you;) At least he can claim to have the most tats on the football team while at UCLA. We always tell him that the Chinese stuff mean he takes it in the a$$. An he thinks Wags is more athletic than him.:D

Havasu1986
07-06-2007, 09:50 PM
I am in if I can get a baby sitter. I did just find a new one in Anaheim hills that is very good. This might work. Looks like another ***boat Caynon Inn run!!!
I'm in. ;)

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-06-2007, 09:50 PM
ANOTHER?! Apparently we missed the last one.... babysitters are important. We understand the importatance of a babysitter. Let's make a plan.... it;s SUMMER we NEED to play!!!

Coach
07-06-2007, 09:52 PM
ANOTHER?! Apparently we missed the last one.... babysitters are important. We understand the importatance of a babysitter. Let's make a plan.... it;s SUMMER we NEED to play!!!
I just finished summer school and only have 2 weeks of football before break. I am sure we can work something out.
Yes ***boat IE peeps coming home from work have had a few Canyon Inn gatherings over the years. I just like the fact it is about 2 miles from home!:devil:

Coach
07-06-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm in. ;)
Can finkle come and get headbutted again! :)

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-06-2007, 09:54 PM
I am sure this surprises you;) At least he can claim to have the most tats on the football team while at UCLA. We always tell him that the Chinese stuff mean he takes it in the a$$. An he thinks Wags is more athletic than him.:D
I sometimes forget this is a boys club... however, that's funny.....tats---a$$--UCLA....ha ha ....we're Havaskank when I need her?!
I remember that we're a SC family......

Havasu1986
07-06-2007, 09:54 PM
I get a different version everytime I ask about the chinese and dutch tats. But if you look on his MySpace he has pics of winning the all natural body building contest in April. Punk.

Coach
07-06-2007, 09:55 PM
I sometimes forget this is a boys club... however, that's funny.....tats---a$$--UCLA....ha ha ....we're Havaskank when I need her?!
I remember that we're a SC family......
Don't worry about me I am cardinal and gold through and through. I leave the powder blue and teddy bears for the kiddies in westwood

Coach
07-06-2007, 09:56 PM
I get a different version everytime I ask about the chinese and dutch tats. But if you look on his MySpace he has pics of winning the all natural body building contest in April. Punk.
PM his myspace because that is too funny. I have to cause some chit over there.

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-06-2007, 09:57 PM
I just finished summer school and only have 2 weeks of football before break. I am sure we can work something out.
Yes ***boat IE peeps coming home from work have had a few Canyon Inn gatherings over the years. I just like the fact it is about 2 miles from home!:devil:
I used to be an IE pep only 5 months ago and had a great time at a few gatherings...now were on to the OC, baby......oops that sounds snotty :eek:

Havasu1986
07-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Don't worry about me I am cardinal and gold through and through. I leave the powder blue and teddy bears for the kiddies in westwood
That funny..I am a big USC fan. Nate was asking me how I thought UCLA came up with those colors...I said cardinal and gold were already taken. He was not amused.

Coach
07-06-2007, 10:02 PM
That funny..I am a big USC fan. Nate was asking me how I thought UCLA came up with those colors...I said cardinal and gold were already taken. He was not amused.
I just like to let him know that that the worst UCLA loss was to Whittier College (Poets) in 1902 102-0. I know this because I am a Poet, but how bad do you have to be to get your ass kicked by the Poets that bad?

Havasu1986
07-06-2007, 10:03 PM
PM his myspace because that is too funny. I have to cause some chit over there.
P.M. sent. :D

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Caynon Inn 8/18..(only 5 days past my birthday) How does that sounds? before we get the whole HB Peeps involved! Seems like we need a N OC Get Together......

Havasu1986
07-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Caynon Inn 8/18..(only 5 days past my birthday) How does that sounds? before we get the whole HB Peeps involved! Seems like we need a N OC Get Together......
8/18..:confused: I was thinking tomorrow. j/k :D If no Havi I'm in.

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-06-2007, 10:16 PM
8/18..:confused: I was thinking tomorrow. j/k :D If no Havi I'm in.
make a choice...you are in or not?! No plan///no havasu1986

Havasu1986
07-06-2007, 10:19 PM
make a choice...you are in or not?! No plan///no havasu1986
I'm in..:D

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-06-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm in..:D
Do you mean it? I will start a post like barbigirl and make it happen......for the OC....

Havasu1986
07-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Do you mean it? I will start a post like barbigirl and make it happen......for the OC....
Yes...but I would wait until a couple weeks before or it will die out.

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Yes...but I would wait until a couple weeks before or it will die out.
I see that you are a planner, too,....:D

ravencrew
07-07-2007, 03:35 AM
Damn now that is what I call a Hijacked Thread!!! Back to what I was asking Anybody have any suggestions or experiences from other poker runs? Could really use some input.

bottom feeder
07-07-2007, 05:44 AM
Raven,
At one of the events I went to they had you push a ball with a broom over a given distance. It was pretty fun to watch, and fustrating as hell to do. The other was have the passanger try and make a basket in the trash can as you go by on step.

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-07-2007, 07:32 AM
Damn now that is what I call a Hijacked Thread!!! Back to what I was asking Anybody have any suggestions or experiences from other poker runs? Could really use some input.
--sorry :(

Havasu1986
07-07-2007, 07:43 AM
--sorry :(
Same here..:(

ravencrew
07-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Hey Bottom did they push this ball over the river rock or was it a sandbar? What kind of penalities did it cost the team if they missed the Trash Can?
Originally Posted by Mrs 2LKHVSU
--sorry Originally Posted by Havasu1986 Same here.. No problem glad you had fun with the thread! Just wished I could get the same activity with the topic!!!