PDA

View Full Version : v drive books and literature

Running_on_Empty
07-07-2007, 08:28 AM
I was just wondering if there were any books out there on older v drives or any type of literature other than hot boat magazine? I'm a younger guy and it is hard to gain knowledge other than this site. This site is very helpful and I appriciate all the help I've got from its users. Thanks.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-07-2007, 08:43 AM
I was just wondering if there were any books out there on older v drives or any type of literature other than hot boat magazine? I'm a younger guy and it is hard to gain knowledge other than this site. This site is very helpful and I appriciate all the help I've got from its users. Thanks.
Dragboat review is about the thing you'll find in current publication. Its based mostly on who does what and where in the world of dragboat racing.
http://www.dragboatreview.com/backissues/images/07JunCover.jpg

Running_on_Empty
07-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Thanks man...do some of the older hot boat magazines have any quality info?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Thanks man...do some of the older hot boat magazines have any quality info?
Absolutely, but you have to go back at least 20 years. Through the 60's, 70's and very early 80's there were multiple publications for normal sized boats.
Soon after, boat manufacturers found a niche with the 21 open bow and they sold like hot cakes. If the 21 was good the 23 was better (and held a larger $profit$ margin). As the waves grew bigger, people felt they had to keep getting bigger boats because the water kept getting rougher and rougher and the people wimpier and wimpier :) .
15 years later it was common to see ocean boats at the river. Unfortunately for those of us who enjoy normal sized boats on lakes and rivers the barges (and wake-boarders) can be a pain in the ass. :)

HIRED GUN
07-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Absolutely, but you have to go back at least 20 years. Through the 60's, 70's and very early 80's there were multiple publications for normal sized boats.
Soon after, boat manufacturers found a niche with the 21 open bow and they sold like hot cakes. If the 21 was good the 23 was better (and held a larger $profit$ margin). As the waves grew bigger, people felt they had to keep getting bigger boats because the water kept getting rougher and rougher and the people wimpier and wimpier :) .
15 years later it was common to see ocean boats at the river. Unfortunately for those of us who enjoy normal sized boats on lakes and rivers the barges (and wake-boarders) can be a pain in the ass. :)
jerry..videos and books?:idea:

adjones419
07-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Unfortunately for those of us who enjoy normal sized boats on lakes and rivers the barges (and wake-boarders) can be a pain in the ass.
You must mean the river tractors. :D Try being stuck in the Midwest where no one even knows what a v-drive is. A "hot boat" around here is a 25' Baja with a stock 454 that will run 60mph. :rolleyes: I've been sneaking my Hondo out to the local lake though, so that's been increasing awareness to what "real boats" are!

Running_on_Empty
07-08-2007, 07:05 PM
I am stuck in the midwest...and yes it does suck.

adjones419
07-09-2007, 09:51 AM
Hey Running on Empty, why don't you come over here and race some SLDBA races with us?