PDA

View Full Version : El Cap or San V

N02 Chevelle
07-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Huge problem. I'm not sure what lake to go to tomorrow. I just bought a 1978 19' Challenger with a 454 and a dominator jet. I have a 1992 Isuzu Rodeo with a v6 and a 5 speed. It pulls hills okay so I know I can make it up to San V. The question is launching and picking the boat up. I have a set of 30x9.5x15's and they are pretty agressive tread. It is however only one wheel drive. Any suggestions on launching or taking it out would be excellent. Which lake do you think is a better place to test it. I do know El Cap is only 37% full.

pw_Tony
07-07-2007, 11:53 AM
Huge problem. I'm not sure what lake to go to tomorrow. I just bought a 1978 19' Challenger with a 454 and a dominator jet. I have a 1992 Isuzu Rodeo with a v6 and a 5 speed. It pulls hills okay so I know I can make it up to San V. The question is launching and picking the boat up. I have a set of 30x9.5x15's and they are pretty agressive tread. It is however only one wheel drive. Any suggestions on launching or taking it out would be excellent. Which lake do you think is a better place to test it. I do know El Cap is only 37% full.
When going to San V I always used the launch closest to the docks on the left hand side. It's a little tougher to back up into but it's easiar to pull out.
I did it with my 1969 Satellite with one wheel and 26" street tires:jawdrop:
ANd a boat that's ALOT heaviar than yours

Legal Chemistry
07-07-2007, 12:01 PM
If you can make it up San V's "widow maker" either launch ramp will be fine. Like PW said, the ramp closest to the docks at San V has the least grade. If you have a portable air compressor -air down when you're pulling the boat out; although I really doubt it would be needed.

N02 Chevelle
07-07-2007, 12:17 PM
When going to San V I always used the launch closest to the docks on the left hand side. It's a little tougher to back up into but it's easiar to pull out.
I did it with my 1969 Satellite with one wheel and 26" street tires:jawdrop:
ANd a boat that's ALOT heaviar than yours
Do you mean the lane on the left? Still the main ramp but the lane closest to the dock?

pw_Tony
07-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Not part of the main ramp. It's kind of an awkward turn down to that single ramp but it's the least grade. And like legal Chemistry said you can air down your tires to make sure and bring one of those cheesy wal-mart compressors.
I used to live on Willow Rd. so when I had testing to do on my boat I would just run down there about amile to the lake :)