PDA

View Full Version : Two boats, 11 peeps, one mssing?

nodigg
07-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Anyone got the facts? off Windsor?

TCHB
07-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Lets hope only a Rumor!!!!

RitcheyRch
07-07-2007, 07:29 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156420
Hope everyone safe and is just a rumor.

H20Advantage
07-07-2007, 09:10 PM
5 injured, 1 missing after boat accident
Saturday, July 7, 2007 9:40 PM MST
Five people were injured and one was left missing after a single-boat accident off Windsor Beach Saturday.
According to Mohave County Sheriff's Office officials, a 1992 Awesome 30-foot Daycruiser was traveling southeast in the north basin, about one-mile from the Windsor Beach launch ramps at Lake Havasu State Park.
MCSO reports that due to congested boat traffic, the 72-year-old male operator made a hard turn to starboard (right), causing the boat to roll and ejecting himself and five passengers.
Witnesses said the vessel may have been trying to avoid another boat and hit a wake when it went out of control at 4:14 p.m. and it may have tumbled several times and broken apart.
MCSO has recovered the boat and it was brought into shore for further investigation. The vessel is reported to have suffered “significant damage.”
MCSO, assisted by Lake Havasu City Police Department and San Bernardino County Sheriff's Office, conducted rescue dive operations until nearly 8 p.m. Saturday before calling off the search because of darkness. The search for the missing 21-year-old man will resume this morning.
The identities of the victims were not available pending investigation and notification of next-of-kin. Battalion Chief Mike Quijada of the Lake Havasu City Fire Department said the injured included one woman and four men.
Two of the injured were classified as needing immediate medical attention, Quijada said, while the other three were less-seriously injured. All five were transported to Havasu Regional Medical Center.
Alcohol may have been a factor in the crash and investigation is ongoing.

Havasu1986
07-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Very sad news...what is happening to the lake that I have know for over 25 years. :(

Moneypitt
07-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Another case of no lifejackets being worn.....How many people have to die before they learn to wear a vest at all times while on plane....Victims of accidents don't sink out of sight with a vest on.........MP

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-07-2007, 11:18 PM
I saw this when I was coming in, it is sad for the missing person

JetBoatRich
07-08-2007, 01:29 AM
Not good news to read:mad:

Not So Fast
07-08-2007, 06:43 AM
It is sad but not unexpected. The things I'm seeing operators do on this lake plus the overcrowding of too many boats in one place is beyond belief:idea: The numbers of inexperienced drivers of both PWC's and boats is growing daily, I'm sure you all have seen them and agree on this, thats why we try not to boat on Saturdays much less a holiday. As said in an earlier post alcohol is a major factor but inexperience is just as bad if not worse IMO. Havasu has been lucky to have not had more accidents these past years! NSF

RitcheyRch
07-08-2007, 06:51 AM
Actually surprised that the city leaders havent put a capacity limit on boats and watercraft allowed on the lake like they do with some of the local lakes here in So Cal.
My guess is most likely would be hard to do since there are so many different launch ramps and jurisdictions involved.
Lets just hope and pray that the loss of life on Havasu doesnt become a trend.
My thoughts and prayers are with all involved.

Not So Fast
07-08-2007, 06:59 AM
Actually surprised that the city leaders havent put a capacity limit on boats and watercraft allowed on the lake like they do with some of the local lakes here in So Cal.
My guess is most likely would be hard to do since there are so many different launch ramps and jurisdictions involved.
Imposible to accomplish what with so many places up the river to launch but I've said for the past 4 years it's getting very dangerous out there with too many people, plain and simple truth I'm afraid:( NSF

rodnjen
07-08-2007, 07:09 AM
I agree, this is all very sad. Unfortunately people keep pushing it further than their skill, boat and or conditions allow. I wish all involved the best, and caution and good sense for the rest.

Sleek-Jet
07-08-2007, 07:54 AM
The city doesn't own the lake... so it would have to be the feds that put a capacity limit in place.
Good luck and prayers to those involved in the accident.

MBlaster
07-08-2007, 08:33 AM
The numbers of inexperienced drivers of both PWC's and boats is growing daily, I'm sure you all have seen them and agree on this, thats why we try not to boat on Saturdays much less a holiday.
Friday afternoons fall in that category too. You have to be pretty damn hard up to boat at havi on a saturday or a holiday.
To me its more fun and a helluva lot safer to watch the insanity from shore.

hava life
07-08-2007, 08:39 AM
In my opinion the lakes should not be regulated for how many people on on the water. That to me is not the problem, how about a licence to be able to launch? The problem is to many people don't know what they are doing and do not pay attention to others on the water. If the local or government gets involved in regulating the people on the water I am sure they will screw that up like everything else the government tries to do. How many people will try to sue because they got in an accident? People are trying every year to sue the city because of someone drowning in the channel. Next it will be because some a#!hole doesn't know how to drive on the water and they will sue because they have an accident. If anything the police should be able to get people off the water that don't know what they are doing. We see people all the time that don't know what they are doing and should not have a boat or jet ski. All it appears that the LEO cares about is if you have had a beer but not to concerned if the person is not drinking and doesn't know how to drive. If everyone had to have a licence to drive on the water I think the LEO would be able to help on getting the idiots under control. I know not all accidents are caused by people with no clue but it may make boating a little safer.

DUCKY
07-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Since moving here, you almost won't catch me on the lake on a weekend, and certainly not on a holiday weekend. Not so much due to safety concerns (although that's changing), but because it's not fun anymore.

DUCKY
07-08-2007, 09:00 AM
In my opinion the lakes should not be regulated for how many people on on the water. That to me is not the problem, how about a licence to be able to launch? The problem is to many people don't know what they are doing and do not pay attention to others on the water. If the local or government gets involved in regulating the people on the water I am sure they will screw that up like everything else the government tries to do. How many people will try to sue because they got in an accident? People are trying every year to sue the city because of someone drowning in the channel. Next it will be because some a#!hole doesn't know how to drive on the water and they will sue because they have an accident. If anything the police should be able to get people off the water that don't know what they are doing. We see people all the time that don't know what they are doing and should not have a boat or jet ski. All it appears that the LEO cares about is if you have had a beer but not to concerned if the person is not drinking and doesn't know how to drive. If everyone had to have a licence to drive on the water I think the LEO would be able to help on getting the idiots under control. I know not all accidents are caused by people with no clue but it may make boating a little safer.
I agree. The government will inherently screw up any new regulations. I think it's more important for existing law enforcement to concentrate on patrolling the lake, and the entrance and exit of the channel for "moving violations" than cruising up and down the channel writing tickets for excessive nipple exposure.....:D

IDRPSTF
07-08-2007, 09:47 AM
(1) bigger boats
(2) smaller brains
feel free to add to the list .............
Not always the case.
I have been open in Lake Havasu City for almost one year now. Of all the boats sold I offer "Innitial Training" to the buyers on how to handle the boat at the dock, on and off the trailer and up to 70 mph or a speed deemed safe by me. My wife flys out to Havasu every weekend to teach female buyers, girlfriends and wives how to drive. With insurance companies looking at us all a little closer, and the pricetag of larger boats going into the seven figure range people are now considering dock dings acceptable let alone major damage. The trend I have seen is positive. I have only delivered one boat in Havasu without the buyer taking me up on the free training offer. That boat was 21 foot long and the buyer had 20 years experiance.
This rollover is tragic to say the least, and non of us know what really happened. Whenever an accident is broadcast on the boards the cheep seat detectives start to speculate and rumors start flying. This could be a faulty steering part, could be mechanical issue, could be driver error, or it could be a bad luck combo. The paper already speculated alcohol could be related without adding grounds for the comment... GREAT REPORTING!!!
So before we say bigger boats and smaller brains... lets wait for an official report.

HavaSkank
07-08-2007, 09:51 AM
(1) bigger boats
(2) smaller brains
feel free to add to the list ............. :idea:
(3) smaller penis'

ratso
07-08-2007, 10:49 AM
(3) smaller penis'
Isn't that the same as "Bigger Boat"?;)

Devil's Advocate
07-08-2007, 10:53 AM
:D
In all seriousness though, this is awful and I hope everyone will be ok.

Roaddogg 4040
07-08-2007, 10:59 AM
I would like to know why the govermet would think that boating license's would have to do with becoming a better boat driver. Have they noticed all the crappy car drivers on the road? They have to be licensed and it sure hasn't help any of them be better drivers.
Boating education is very helpfull with teachig people boat rules, navigation skills and right of way rules, but it still won't help the rude azzholes with bad attitudes and people how wont give anyone the right of way...
Steve

ratso
07-08-2007, 11:11 AM
How fast does a 72 year old man have to be going in congested traffic to roll a 30 foot boat?:jawdrop:

TCHB
07-08-2007, 11:17 AM
Thursday afternoon the wife I are sitting in the channel and here comes a Fountain 36 and smashes into one of the parked boats along the channel. He just missed a kid that was playing in the water. He broke the bimini top off and I am sure there was more damage to the other boat. This kind of stuff is scary!!!!!!! I

hava life
07-08-2007, 12:40 PM
RoadDogg4040 I would like to know why the government would think that boating license's would have to do with becoming a better boat driver. Have they noticed all the crappy car drivers on the road? They have to be licensed and it sure hasn't help any of them be better drivers.
Boating education is very helpful with teaching people boat rules, navigation skills and right of way rules, but it still won't help the rude azzholes with bad attitudes and people how wont give anyone the right of way...
Steve
I have seen people with a new jet skis drive it on the rocks at Mission Bay, not even registered straight from the dealer. I have also seen people wreck their new bike in the street in front of the dealer. How about the people you see at the launch that can't even back the trailer in, I don't think they know what they are doing. In my opinion both are the same No experience and no training. People may not need to be licenced but some training to be certified or something may help with some of the idiots that are on the water.

DMVQUEEN
07-08-2007, 12:45 PM
So sad to hear, hate that!!!!:mad: :mad:
But a fact of life...................................
Damn, hate that:mad: :mad:

westair
07-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Thursday afternoon the wife I are sitting in the channel and here comes a Fountain 36 and smashes into one of the parked boats along the channel. He just missed a kid that was playing in the water. He broke the bimini top off and I am sure there was more damage to the other boat. This kind of stuff is scary!!!!!!! I
When we started coming to Havasu years ago a 24' boat was considered
big. When we launched at Windsor the other day I swear we seen
what looked to be a 40 footer being pulled out of the water. 30's are
pretty common now. I just don't think there is room, accidents are
going to happen.
Any update on the missing person?

Jerrys59
07-08-2007, 01:43 PM
Just came over the scanner to notify the ME that they had recovery.
Sad Deal for sure.................................

RitcheyRch
07-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Kind of what was thinking ast typed that comment this morning.
Imposible to accomplish what with so many places up the river to launch but I've said for the past 4 years it's getting very dangerous out there with too many people, plain and simple truth I'm afraid:( NSF
I didnt know was federal owned.
The city doesn't own the lake... so it would have to be the feds that put a capacity limit in place.
Good luck and prayers to those involved in the accident.

Boatcop
07-08-2007, 02:42 PM
I agree. The government will inherently screw up any new regulations. I think it's more important for existing law enforcement to concentrate on patrolling the lake, and the entrance and exit of the channel for "moving violations" than cruising up and down the channel writing tickets for excessive nipple exposure.....:D
Havasu PD has jurisdiction only within the Channel. Thompson Bay, off Crazy Horse, and all other portions of the Lake are the Responsibility of the Sheriff's Departments (Mohave & San Berdoo), AZ Game & Fish, and the Feds.
They (LHCPD) also had the most OUI arrests of any single Agency in the State last year. So I'm pretty sure they're doing more than just nipple inspections.

Classic Daycruiser
07-08-2007, 03:07 PM
I would like to know why the govermet would think that boating license's would have to do with becoming a better boat driver. Have they noticed all the crappy car drivers on the road? They have to be licensed and it sure hasn't help any of them be better drivers.
Boating education is very helpfull with teachig people boat rules, navigation skills and right of way rules, but it still won't help the rude azzholes with bad attitudes and people how wont give anyone the right of way...
Steve
For everybody's information, high performance boats are not safe Never have been, never will be. There are no safety spec's or regular inspections on any production high performance boats, anyone can build a boat and drive it as fast as they feel comfortable (and beyond). Sure you could argue coast guard requirements, but coast guard requirements have not addressed the recent (last 20 years) problems associated with custom high performance boats (far to many of them have fallen apart during operation, which resulted in death or serious (life altering injuries).
I'm all for allowing any "one" person (or person's if you need a throttleman), to go as fast as they like, but it is being done routinely with passengers that have no idea how dangerous of a situatuation they are in.
Many times it's their own children onboard.

Not So Fast
07-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Had something similar happen last year while beached in the N channel, I look up and see this drunk chick by herself going north on the left side (wrong side of course) and she came within about 3 feet of the back of my boat, she probably would have hit us but we all yelled as we got out of her way :confused: How this happens I dont know, all by herself :idea: I always look when a boat is coming now just in case. Scary for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!! NSF

Old Man Havasu
07-08-2007, 03:56 PM
That's funny!!
Or isn't that the same as a REALLY big lift on a truck?? :(

XtrmWakeborder
07-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Man seems like there were a couple crashes this weekend. One in Parker happened right infront of us, when we were turned around. All I saw were a bunch of people coming around the island and though man those guys are idiots floating in this part of the river. Then they started yelling help at a passing boat and me and my pops jumped on my boat, but by the time we got there all 9 of them had been pulled out. Glad nobody was hurt in that one. That boat must have sunk like a rock.

cc322
07-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Man hate to hear this shiat, another season and another deadly crash. Just when I am jones'n to take the boat out I read something like this:( godspeed to all involved. Midweeek boating is sounding so much more less stressfull.

Boatcop
07-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Body of missing boater recovered
By DAVID BELL
Sunday, July 8, 2007 7:55 PM MST
Rescue divers recovered the body of a 21-year-old man that died following a single-boat accident on Lake Havasu Saturday.
Mohave County Sheriff's Office divers, assisted Lake Havasu City Police Department, San Bernardino County Sheriff's Office, U.S. Fish & Wildlife and BLM Rangers, retrieved the body of Jeremy Conklin, of Felah, Wash., Sunday at 2:33 p.m.
Conklin's body was found close to the scene of the crash, in the north basin, about one-mile east of Windsor Beach launch ramps at Lake Havasu State Park. SBCSO's sonar unit located the victim.
The crash occurred at 4:14 p.m. Saturday. A 72-year-old Lake Havasu City man was at the throttle of his 1992 Awesome 30-foot Daycruiser, and was traveling southeast at a high rate of speed, when he made a sharp turn to starboard.
That sharp turn, which MCSO officials said was due to heavy boat congestion in the area, caused the boat to roll and eject the driver and five passengers.
The operator and four of the passengers were rescued by Good Samaritans and brought in to Lake Havasu State Park for transport to Havasu Regional Medical Center. The fifth person - Conklin - failed to surface.
Two of the injured were classified as needing immediate medical attention while the other three were less-seriously injured.
The identities of the victims were not released. Lake Havasu City Fire Department personnel said the injured included one woman and four men.
MCSO was able to recover the boat Saturday and bring it into shore for further investigation. The vessel is reported to have suffered “significant damage.”
Alcohol may have been a factor in the crash. No charges have yet been filed and investigation is ongoing. An autopsy has been scheduled.
It's the first death on the Colorado River between Needles and the Parker Dam this year. Last year there were six fatalities on the river and Lake Havasu.
Reporter Diana Parker contributed to this story.

Havasu1986
07-08-2007, 08:01 PM
R.I.P. Jeremy Conklin. :(

Wmc
07-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Sounds like Bernie's boat. not good at all.

waterboy
07-08-2007, 09:19 PM
i was there, the boat was white with a teal and pink stripe, had a hot boat sticker on it and a whipple sticker . as far as experience i see that guy out there all the time. and as far as heavy boat traffic there were only 2 other boat there when it happened. i herd loud noise looked over and saw a huge splash. there was alot of debris floating around.sad day.:confused:

Throttle
07-08-2007, 11:09 PM
the guessing game of what happened and how it happened, should be put to a stop right here and now... nobody here should be passing judgement.
it is tragic, thoughts and prayers....

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-09-2007, 12:01 AM
the guessing game of what happened and how it happened, should be put to a stop right here and now... nobody here should be passing judgement.
well said

slowinhavasu
07-09-2007, 05:15 AM
RIP.....Jeremy..............Prayers for the family......

cvonscpa
07-09-2007, 06:18 AM
Prayers to the Conklin family. Sad to hear of their loss.

chub
07-09-2007, 06:23 AM
May the LORD bless and keep you Jeremy!

my21advantage
07-09-2007, 07:08 AM
I saw this when I was coming in, it is sad for the missing person
me too...I was curious what had happen
the boat had all but sunk when I saw it coming back from the sand bar

Mrs.Racer277
07-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Well said.
I figured they had found the body when we watched all the search boats leaving the scene yesterday.

Hardly Satisfied
07-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Prayers to the Family, very sad to hear.

catman-do
07-09-2007, 08:16 AM
Another case of no lifejackets being worn.....How many people have to die before they learn to wear a vest at all times while on plane....Victims of accidents don't sink out of sight with a vest on.........MP
I would agree in race situations, situations of pets, children, or people that cannot swim. However in the case of pleasure boating, i dissagree. Unless your version of pleasure boating is over 100 mph (which then I consider race conditions).

Baja Big Dog
07-09-2007, 09:39 AM
I think a lot of what we all see goes with the "new" mentality of the "me, me, me" syndrome, I can't wait, I gotta be first, it's my way or the hiway attitude.
Used to be everyone took thier time to launch or recover thier boats, and we saw minimal accidents, now you have these people (mainly site 6) who egg on or get excited about someone trashing thier boat / trailer, or someone else's stuff, you people are sad !! There isn't anything funny in this, unless they run into your ride, then you'll bitch about it, maybe you should have helped?? Do you think that by hurrying a launch your gonna have perfect water or something?? Get a clue and slow down, the lake is still gonna be there !!!!!!!
Not funny...bull shit!! Watching some dumb ass do something they are uncomfortable with and screwing it up is funny, but only because they are too proud to ask.
Park Moabi's "launch ramp follies" (prior to the new ramp) were very entertaining, we would sit down there and laugh for hours, BUT..never, repeat never did anyone sit around on there ass and laugh when someone needed help. If someone was man enough to ask for help it was like a stampede to do what ever needed to help. The ones that didn't get help, and normally offered the "ramp tramps" the most entertainment were the macho, bad ass guys couldn't admit they were in over their heads. Funny, damn right!!!
Remember, boaters are like bikers, they act like assholes, but they are the first ones there when someone needs help!!!!
I SPEAK FOR THE GROUP!!

SJP
07-09-2007, 10:38 AM
i was there, the boat was white with a teal and pink stripe, had a hot boat sticker on it and a whipple sticker . as far as experience i see that guy out there all the time. and as far as heavy boat traffic there were only 2 other boat there when it happened. i herd loud noise looked over and saw a huge splash. there was alot of debris floating around.sad day.:confused:
We past the boat maybe 2-3 minutes before the accident. We were on the way to Winsor and they past us not going that fast the opposite direction. I distinctly remember the boat and we waived at each other - good times had by all. It is kind of a weird thing - how quickly things can change. I did not hear or see any of the incident - we were the last boat on the South Ramp to pull out as the FD and Ambulance arrived.

Classic Daycruiser
07-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Like hell!!!!
15 year old boat
Life jackets not worn at a high rate of speed.
Driver failed to safely operate his vessel with passengers on board.
Driver failed to pay attention to boat traffic to safely avoid a collision.
Our insurance payments are going up again next year.
I wonder if he had enough insurance to cover all the medical expense's? I'm "guessing" it will roll over into his personel life...Home, Car, and anything else he has claimed title.
Wait a few more years , when more hulls start falling apart do to slipshot
builder's, and prior owners weaking the structure. How long do you expect a fibergalss hull last at 70 mph over 2 foot chop. I would venture to guess about 25-50 hours or 1-2 years.

Lavey5150
07-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Like hell!!!!
15 year old boat
I wonder if he had enough insurance to cover all the medical expense's? I'm "guessing" it will roll over into his personel life...Home, Car, and anything else he has claimed title.
builder's, and prior owners weaking the structure. How long do you expect a fibergalss hull last at 70 mph over 2 foot chop. I would venture to guess about 25-50 hours or 1-2 years.
A 21 year old kid died here, and it's very probable/assumable much like your post that you were not there in the boat w/ them.....................I drove right by that boat minutes before it happened..........My boat has 85 hours on it and I drive through four foot chop at excessive speeds all the time and have no fear of my hull delaminating.....ever...........It's called respecting the dead...................

Throttle
07-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Like hell!!!!
15 year old boat
you have got to be kidding me... get real
1.) How old are some of these "classis daycruisers" you are around...
2.) I drive fast and don't wear a life jacket either, I do not know anyone that does unless they are runnin in a poker run "sponsored event" requiring them to be worn.
3. it is unfortunate that the driver had what is called an "accident". I do not believe you were there to pass this judgement of "unsafe operation"
4.) a "collision" IMO is when one boat makes contact with another, this was not the case in this incident.
as for you question of his insurance... do you know what an umbrella policy is?

Throttle
07-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Like hell!!!!
I left off by asking if you if you knew what an umbrella policy is? I could only hope he has one, however IMO it will NEVER be anything to replace what has been lost!
You are wondering about medical expense's :idea: why would there be any medical expense's when a life, a future of dreams, a friend, a son, a brother, an uncle, a family member has lost his life...
Do you know he was driving 70? Do you know there was 2 feet of chop? You "would venture to guess" that this kid who lost his life might have been married had kids, or someday would have...
let me know when you are in town and we can have a cold one and talk about this more cuz this is not the place, my .02

Marty Gras
07-09-2007, 02:17 PM
I wish I knew half as much as "Mr Classic Daycruiser"! He seems to have all the correct answers to all of our boating mistakes. I just didn't realize how lucky I've been over the years. Got my first boat in the mid 60's, it was a DANGEROUS 1956 glass over wood Mandella 19'6" V-drive with "6-2's on a Cad motor. Every boat I've had since could be 'rated' DANGEROUS in the eyes of a guy like "Mr Classic Daycruiser". What makes "his boat" and "his boating methods", better than anyone elses? "He's had the safe boats with no accidents", and "I've had the DANGEROUS BOATS with no accidents"*. (pleasure use*) IF a mistake was made out on the water in this incident, I want to LEARN FROM IT! Not repeat the same mistakes. As I said on another thread, I feel we know nothing about this accident, so why guess OUT LOUD? At this point I think we all need to do a little "self inspection", we all have gotten a lucky break at one time or another. This IS A WAKE UP CALL, not to the LEOs, not to the legislators, but to the BOATERS. Will a "boat driver's license" take the "A" out of "A-hole?" I don't think so...

unleashed
07-09-2007, 02:26 PM
I know this boat and have met the driver. A very experienced person with lots of years of experience. Accidents happen...even to the best of us. This is very tragic and sad.
Deano
UnleashedHardcoreApparel (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)

RiverDave
07-09-2007, 03:55 PM
Like hell!!!!
15 year old boat
I don't know the boat or if it was a single or twins.. but it's not terribly uncommon to have a single I/O on a boat that big. How do you know he wasn't cruising along at 50'ish to 60'ish and had a catastrophic drive failure? Broken Gimble kinda failure?
That could cause an incident like this to happen even at relatively slow speeds, and something like that would put your world upside down and in the water in about a 1/2 a second regardless of how good of a driver you are or are not.
Outdrives are just cast aluminum, sometimes castings have voids.. If you think your safe running in any boat, at any speed your fooling yourself. Anything can happen to anyone, at anytime regardless of how much you try to prepare for it.
RD

Jbb
07-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Outdrives are just cast aluminum, sometimes castings have voids.. If you think your safe running in any boat, at any speed your fooling yourself. Anything can happen to anyone, at anytime regardless of how much you try to prepare for it.
RD
I agree with RD....very sad outcome...:(

Phat Matt
07-09-2007, 04:09 PM
How long do you expect a fibergalss hull last at 70 mph over 2 foot chop. I would venture to guess about 25-50 hours or 1-2 years.
Huh? I am guessing that mine and a lot of other boats are way overdue. :confused:

Biglue
07-09-2007, 04:16 PM
I don't think I've seen anything get a rise out of Cameron on here.
Sucks to hear about the family losing such a young son. God bless.

Marty Gras
07-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Dave, It's "Whipple Bernie", (and Carol) just look at the photos in the local paper. Most of us (around here) know him and he is a guy who is always "extra carefull" in everything he does. Even the people who were "on site" at the time of the accident, didn't witness the actual events as they unfolded. Everyone please forgive me as I post my (angry) opinions. I just don't understand why anyone would start off with attacks toward others, when ALL THE FACTS ARE NOT IN EVIDENCE! Heavy boat traffic and weather can be a problem for any boat or any captain, and until we know EXACTLY what happened, speculation (in my view) seems vicious. I feel that most of us has had their own "close calls" and we are greatfull for our safe escape. For any of us to "draw down" on any fellow boaters in their time of grief, seems to be "a dirty trick" at this time. I pray for those who are lost or suffering, but most of all for those who "attack without cause". If it was the Bernie that I know, he has a severe hearing loss, and that may have contributed to this problem on that sad day. When the facts are in, I will try to LEARN from the mistakes (if any) made.

Just Tool'n
07-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Any update on how Bernie is doing?