PDA

View Full Version : Bravo 1

jeff_n_amy951
07-07-2007, 09:55 PM
So all is fine at the lake then we head ove r to pick up a friend at the dock we just get out of the no wake zone and drop the hammer boat launches foward then a bang/thud noise and the prop is not turning,Motor is running fine and we dont hear any noise coming from no where,opened engine hatch and cables are connected and moving but could the cable be damaged further down?could that noise have been it popping out of drive and now the cable be broken and not able to engage or is that some serious wishful thinking?? And yes this is posted in out drive tech but theres alot more people in here right now.Any help would be appreciated..Thanx

boatnam2
07-07-2007, 10:03 PM
doubt its your cable,get your wallet out and get ready to bend over.

djunkie
07-07-2007, 10:07 PM
doubt its your cable,get your wallet out and get ready to bend over.
Yup. Big bangs in the outdrive usually aren't too good. :( :(

jeff_n_amy951
07-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Damn fellows easy on my gas money now..If it was something real serious would i not be able to hear something banging around in the outdrive? or is that wishful thinking again..

CoolCruzinCobra
07-07-2007, 10:31 PM
Sounds like "wishful thinking ".

JetBoatRich
07-08-2007, 01:31 AM
Just curious, what motor to the Bravo 1:rolleyes: then you drop the hammer:rolleyes:

Jerrys59
07-08-2007, 02:39 AM
So all is fine at the lake then we head ove r to pick up a friend at the dock we just get out of the no wake zone and drop the hammer boat launches foward then a bang/thud noise and the prop is not turning,Motor is running fine and we dont hear any noise coming from no where,opened engine hatch and cables are connected and moving but could the cable be damaged further down?could that noise have been it popping out of drive and now the cable be broken and not able to engage or is that some serious wishful thinking?? And yes this is posted in out drive tech but theres alot more people in here right now.Any help would be appreciated..Thanx
I bet you broke the up shaft that goes to the upper gearbox right below the spline $$$:(

jeff_n_amy951
07-08-2007, 03:16 AM
Motor wise we're running the 6.2 liter.And peeps dont think i went from neutral and dropped the hammer i was already out of the no wake zone before i dropped the hammer

jeff_n_amy951
07-08-2007, 03:17 AM
What does it run for the up shaft??Not as if it matters i guess it has to be fixed just wondering what i am in for..Thanx again

Jerrys59
07-08-2007, 03:29 AM
What does it run for the up shaft??Not as if it matters i guess it has to be fixed just wondering what i am in for..Thanx again
for the good IMCO its right at $500.

jeff_n_amy951
07-08-2007, 04:12 AM
That price for the IMCO upper shaft is that an install price or just the part,What do you think we're looking at $$$$ worst case

Jerrys59
07-08-2007, 04:29 AM
That price for the IMCO upper shaft is that an install price or just the part,What do you think we're looking at $$$$ worst case
thats just shaft price, lower unit has to come apart to put one in.
dont know about the cost. most shops are about $85 a hour labor

KLEPTOW
07-08-2007, 04:36 AM
Do a search on outdrives there is a company that makes a complete upper and lower for the Alpha drive that only cost about 1100 bucks all brand new hard parts and castings. Last time I looked they were still testing a prototype for the Bravo. I don't remember the name or I would pit it out there for you, but worth a look based on mercury prices.

Jerrys59
07-08-2007, 05:59 AM
here is where they twist off

GRUNION
07-08-2007, 07:49 AM
My guees is that you will spend 1500 buck to fix this, and you will never just drop the hammer again. I learned my lesson. One click at a time on the throttle.

shockwaveharry
07-08-2007, 10:15 AM
All you need to fix anything on a boat are some 30-Weight ball bearings (it's all ball bearings these days...) and ’bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State... Some 3-in-1 oil and gauze pads. Oh, and don't forget to clean the muck off the windshield. You should see the tremendous build-up of muck on these windshields.
Sorry... Got Fletch in the DVD player... :D

bohica
07-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Sounds like the noise mine made when I lost the upper gears and cracked the housing. Ended up replacing the whole drive and with a great deal from Prestige, it only cost me 8K:sqeyes: