PDA

View Full Version : whats wrong

EXPEDAL
07-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Ive replace the bearings and seal in my 12j-c bowl, now i can not get the bowl to go on the pump shaft. What" wrong?:mad:

Jetaholic
07-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Ive replace the bearings and seal in my 12j-c bowl, now i can not get the bowl to go on the pump shaft. What" wrong?:mad:
Did u put the seal in backwards?
Did you accidentally get one of the bushings driven in crooked?

EXPEDAL
07-08-2007, 11:06 AM
No Ive got the spring side faceing me, I did find that the bearings I tap in got a burr on the side, so i gues Ill order two more and get them pressed in this time instead of useing a socket. live and learn

Jetaholic
07-08-2007, 11:34 AM
If you were closer I'd let you borrow my Berkeley pump tool set. It comes with the correct bushing driver for the bowl bushings...very useful tool for that. Part of it goes down inside the bushing to keep it from getting crushed on the way down into the bowl and helps it retain its shape so it doesn't go out of round. This may very well be what happened when you drove it in with just a socket.

Rexone
07-08-2007, 02:50 PM
The right tool (http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RJT2&Category_Code=jetpumptools)as mentioned above will prevent that. We mfg and sell them as well as several of our dealers, CP (Berkeley), Jet Boat Perf, MPD, and several others. You don't need to have anyone press them in if you have the proper tool. :)

BUSBY
07-08-2007, 03:06 PM
The right tool (http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RJT2&Category_Code=jetpumptools)as mentioned above will prevent that. We mfg and sell them as well as several of our dealers, CP (Berkeley), Jet Boat Perf, MPD, and several others. You don't need to have anyone press them in if you have the proper tool. :)
I have Rex's tools ... makes the job super easy ... great tools!

EXPEDAL
07-08-2007, 03:44 PM
When i pulled the old bearings out they were longer then the replacements I got from Duane's , whom I found to be a excellent vendor, any way Ill need to find why these bearings were so much longer than the ones I got from Duane. How much for the tool to drive the bearing?

EXPEDAL
07-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Hey thanks for the link Rexone, which tool would I need to drive the bearings in my berk bowl

Oldsquirt
07-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Hey thanks for the link Rexone, which tool would I need to drive the bearings in my berk bowl
You will need the RJT6 driver handle and RJT2 bushing driver. You might also want to get the RJT4 bowl seal driver.

EXPEDAL
07-08-2007, 04:25 PM
thanks Ill get my order in on monday. Im trying to get my 79 hawaiian back in the water before summer comes to an end. So for new block on 496 bbc, je piston, 13to1 comp, new stringers, bottom of hull redone, pump rebuild and it just gets better. Hey jet boat Jim thanks for your help.

Xlration Marine
07-08-2007, 05:03 PM
No Ive got the spring side faceing me, I did find that the bearings I tap in got a burr on the side, so i gues Ill order two more and get them pressed in this time instead of useing a socket. live and learn
Hey Bubba, here is a little trick I used when putting the rear berin in my 911. Yes Grammer Cop I said BERIN. Any ways this is what you do. Stick the sucker in the freezer, for a day. Just to make sure she is frozen good and stiff. Don't laugh it works. You don't have much time to dick with it so get er dun fast. When I did my 911, I pushed it in and within a few sec's it was tight and not moving. Saved me from having to take all of the suspention off and taking it to a shop.