PDA

View Full Version : Maiden Voyage/Throttle Stuck!

N02 Chevelle
07-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Took my Challenger out this morning to san V. Luckly my Isuzu made it up the "widow maker" and we were forth or fifth in the water. I got to drop it in on the shallow ramp, which made for a nice launch. Got out of the wake zone and the thing planed like a dream!!!:D Made a cpuple of 55 mph runs, not hammer down, I'm still a little afraid of it. Go into some rough stuff but powered through it. Then about 9:45 came the rush of people. To many wakes that were too high. I think my boat spent more time flying than it did floating. I had to keep backing out of it. Then on the run back to the dock, the throttle stuck 1/2. Had a little panic but I blipped it and it idled back down. (Any one with similar problems? Holley 750 double pumper, any suggestions.) Loaded it on the trailer and then came the fun part. One tire fire all the way up the shallow ramp. Everyone was rolling. I was a little bummed but all in all not a bad shake down day. I suppose I sould have left the plug out like the guy next to me. :jawdrop: After i figure out why the throttle sticks and fix it, I'm headed to the river.:D How did everyone else do?

beerjet
07-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Take the throtttle cable off first . Crank the throttle all the way open and see if there is anything catching the blades or the linkage . Then put at least a double return spring kit on it . Your pedal should have a good spring in it also but I wouldnt use that as a throttle return . This is one area that should always be checked to make sure it is properly working . Maybe your cable is bad also . Check and replace as needed . be safe .
-beerjet-

probablecause
07-08-2007, 11:09 AM
Then put at least a double return spring kit on it.
-beerjet-
Absolutely.

W.O.T
07-08-2007, 09:16 PM
as long as you own a boat you will never be finished working on it! thats just the way it goes, well seems like it for me. it will probably take you a while to get all the little things worked out of it and to your level of satisfaction. just take your time and go through everything on the boat. if you go next weekend ill make it out there. san v is a nice place to hang out but if you want to go for better boating go to el cap its five mins away from san v.