PDA

View Full Version : Canyon Lake, Ca...pros and cons

SHOTKALLIN
07-08-2007, 01:36 PM
I'm moving to Canyon Lake. That is if my current house sells.:D I would like to know if you live there or frequent there visiting friends, the pro's and cons of living there. School district, shopping, Nazi hoa?, Community, boating...etc. These are the issues that are of interest to me.
So lets here your .02;)

dirtracer
07-08-2007, 01:51 PM
i love it here....feels like your always at the lake.....i havnt been to havasu since i moved here a few months ago.

MBlaster
07-08-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm moving to Canyon Lake. That is if my current house sells.:D I would like to know if you live there or frequent there visiting friends, the pro's and cons of living there. School district, shopping, Nazi hoa?, Community, boating...etc. These are the issues that are of interest to me.
So lets here your .02;)
I used to ski and wakeboard there every week about 10 years ago. Back then wakeboarding was just getting big. We'd ski, board, and barefoot on the back lake until we were exhausted. When boarding got huge it got so crowded that you'd be lucky to get a run or 2 in. There was a boat rotation system back then and about the time we quit skiing there it wasn't uncommon to have 5 or more boats waiting to do a run. The main lake basically sucks for boating because of the focking sea wall. It would get so choppy that you couldn't wait to get off the water.
The back lake is layed out like a L shape. The water would stay good because of the reeds lining both sides. Where you would launch is next to the slalom course, behind that is the area to wakeboard, and behind that was blm land where lake lice would launch and ride.
Since my days there they have rebuilt the clubhouse. Its very nice now. The hoa would do taco tuesdays. And they'd always have a big community party on the 4th and a big Christmas boat parade and party. I hear the water isn't all that good anymore due to pollution. But I don't know that for a fact.
It's a cool place and like a lot of small communities everyone knows everyone elses buisness. That could be good or bad.

4DAY4PLAY
07-08-2007, 02:04 PM
i love it here....feels like your always at the lake.....i havnt been to havasu since i moved here a few months ago.
I grew up in CL, but now live in Temecula. It has its pros and cons. I like the idea of having a lake at your back door....and many of the houses are very nice, but i dont live there now cuase of these few reasons.
Association very strict...leave your trash cans out a day past pick-up = fine
School district- although there are schools inside the gates or near by, its still
Lake Elsinore School district, which i gre up going to and its still not good.
Lake is very small and restricts boats over about 22'...if i remember.
Just outside the gates are a few bad areas...qual valley, perris, meadowbrook
I will say that there used to be no shopping, restaraunts, or convienences nearby now they are starting to build them..which is nice. I still have alot of friends that live in there, and its still a very nice "small" town feeling were everyone knows eachother if you like that kind of thing. Try to by on or near the water....better re sale.

socalmoney
07-08-2007, 02:07 PM
You should PM HollyMolly. He could give you a lot of info.
We look at lots in there several times a year. We go back an forth on whether we should pull the trigger. There is a "keep up the the Jone's" mentality there. If your not careful you will find yourself with the best pool, golf cart, RV etc. There are no street lights or sidewalks so if you have little kids that might be a downer. You can not ride any kind of motorcycle on the property. You have to park it by the guard gate and drive your car to your house. No natural gas to any homes. All electric, so if your a gourmet and you like to cook over gas your out of luck. No boats over 21 feet (I think that is the limit, correct me if I am wrong). I hear a lot of complaints about the lake patrol etc. Nice golf course if you golf. Some great Mexican food outside the gate and now there is a Costco, Lowes, Home Depot near by also.

OCMerrill
07-08-2007, 02:07 PM
PM Holy Moly. He might know a little something...:D
I know for sure the HOA is total Gastapo.
My parents owned a lot in there 20 years ago but never built. Should have.

OCMerrill
07-08-2007, 02:09 PM
You should PM HollyMolly. He could give you a lot of info.
We look at lots in there several times a year. We go back an forth on whether we should pull the trigger. There is a "keep up the the Jone's" mentality there. If your not careful you will find yourself with the best pool, golf cart, RV etc. There are no street lights or sidewalks so if you have little kids that might be a downer. You can not ride any kind of motorcycle on the property. You have to park it by the guard gate and drive your car to your house. No natural gas to any homes. All electric, so if your a gourmet and you like to cook over gas your out of luck. No boats over 21 feet (I think that is the limit, correct me if I am wrong). I hear a lot of complaints about the lake patrol etc. Nice golf course if you golf. Some great Mexican food outside the gate and now there is a Costco, Lowes, Home Depot near by also.
PM Holy Moly. He might know a little something...:D
I know for sure the HOA is total Gastapo.
My parents owned a lot in there 20 years ago but never built. Should have.
LMAO! both posts at 3:07 saying the same opener.:D

socalmoney
07-08-2007, 02:12 PM
LMAO! both posts at 3:07 saying the same opener.:D
Funny stuff. Great minds think about Frank.

socalmoney
07-08-2007, 02:16 PM
I can attest to the Community factor there. We had some really great neighbors across the street from us here in Murrieta. They moved to CL and loved it there. They were very social and it was a perfect fit for them. They made lots of friends there. Unfortunately they lost their lives in a cart accident and I was blown away by the support the community showed them.
http://www.brianandsharon.net/