PDA

View Full Version : Big River

Community
07-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Who uses this stretch of river and with what boat? How long is the stretch of river? Can you go all the way down to Blythe?

OCMerrill
07-08-2007, 02:01 PM
I have never been on that stretch of the river but there is another dam that will prevent you from going all the way to Blythe.

RitcheyRch
07-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Never been there but when drove by it looked nice and quiet.

Community
07-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Always looking to try something new. I have a small ski boat and go to Kings River where you can walk accross most parts and never be underwater. Although, there the river bottom is more forgiving if you find it.
RR - where did you buy your boat from?

river redy
07-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Parker strip is where you want to go, BR is just a bunch of v-drives and jet boats racing around, water does not come up until 2 or 3pm lots of rock bars and shallow areas:D

rivrrts429
07-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Big River is a mythical place. Its a "Tall Tale", I would forget about it and look somewhere else:D :D :D

RitcheyRch
07-08-2007, 07:54 PM
I bought from someone in Orange County
Always looking to try something new. I have a small ski boat and go to Kings River where you can walk accross most parts and never be underwater. Although, there the river bottom is more forgiving if you find it.
RR - where did you buy your boat from?

rivrrts429
07-08-2007, 07:57 PM
Big River is a mythical place. Its a "Tall Tale", I would forget about it and look somewhere else:D :D :D

Community
07-09-2007, 06:30 AM
Got it - mythical place....
I have been going to Parker for years, I like to ski, and was just wondering since it is shallower, maybe smaller boats, better skiing possibilities.
Thanks.
Community

OCMerrill
07-09-2007, 07:49 AM
I have been going to Parker for years, I like to ski, and was just wondering since it is shallower, maybe smaller boats, better skiing possibilities.
Thanks.
Community
Well with the Parker Strip closed :) (open to all veteran users of course) I usually recommend Havazoo. I guess I will still have to do that sense it appears that the river ends at Hedgegate dam.:D

rivrrts429
07-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Thanks.
Community
;)
On a serious note, I've been going there for 15 years and it has been getting busier. Lots of family and veteran boaters. Water is very low till about 10-11a.m. I don't stay at Big River park but alot of people here do and can provide more info. if thats what your looking for. Once you get to know that stretch of river you can maneuver the rock/sand bars pretty easily. I have an I/O and was up there from 6/28 till 7/08 and ran all day from below Lost Lake to the Dam up north.
There is no spots available on that stretch of river yet but we can put you on the waiting list:D :D