PDA

View Full Version : Catalina Ski Race

Firecracker
07-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Alright guys and gals... The time has come again!
The 59th Annual Catalina Waterski Race is here! July 21, 2007, Long Beach California. Best place to watch? From a boat! But if you don't have access to a boat, then the Coast Hotel in Long Beach will treat you just fine!
Hope to see you all there! For more information, please visit: http://www.catalinaskirace.net

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Alright guys and gals... The time has come again!
The 59th Annual Catalina Waterski Race is here! July 21, 2007, Long Beach California. Best place to watch? From a boat! But if you don't have access to a boat, then the Coast Hotel in Long Beach will treat you just fine!
Hope to see you all there! For more information, please visit: http://www.catalinaskirace.net
Best place to watch? From a helicopter! ;)
C-ya there, don't overdress! :D

skinut
07-09-2007, 10:20 AM
C-ya there, don't overdress! :DI will be skiing behind it. Thanks Skinut.

Firecracker
07-11-2007, 04:21 PM
C-ya there, don't overdress! :D
I can guarantee if it is foggy, I WILL be overdressed!!!

Racey
07-11-2007, 04:27 PM
I'll be watchin from the turn at avalon in one of those little rental outboards, we'll have the bloody mary kit on board! See ya there
Staying at least fri-sun Friday at Hotel Catalina, Saturday at the Atwater. All weekend at Luau Larry's gettin my wicky whacked :D

beerjet
07-13-2007, 07:56 AM
I'll be watchin from the turn at avalon in one of those little rental outboards, we'll have the bloody mary kit on board! See ya there
Staying at least fri-sun Friday at Hotel Catalina, Saturday at the Atwater. All weekend at Luau Larry's gettin my wicky whacked :D
I'll be a patrol boat keepin everyone out of harms way , hopefully . Front row ! Hell yes , I cant wait !
-beerjet-

XtrmWakeborder
07-13-2007, 05:57 PM
I'd go if they'd dredge the damn channel and end it there. I miss that....

RitcheyRch
07-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Hoping to be watching from the shores near the Queensway Bridge

Riverkid
07-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Did you get a close view of the 11 boat? Looks like he went through the spectator fleet trying to make the turn boat...
:D :D :D

Trailer Park Casanova
07-21-2007, 06:26 PM
That's a great idea.

Racey
07-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Did you get a close view of the 11 boat? Looks like he went through the spectator fleet trying to make the turn boat...
:D :D :D
I could have just about reached out and Hi-Fived Hoggins as he came through the spectators, we were the 3 guys in that little tan rental outboard, and he came about 10 feet off us, popped off a few good shots but it was hard to keep attention on the camera with those guys coming right at us. I'll post the pics up tomorrow morning. Welter came through the same gap as well neck and neck with another boat and they looked like they were just about gonna do some rubbin. It was just about the best seat of the whole race, it couldnt have chanced out any better for us, talk about something you don't get to see everyday. We could talk to the skiers as they came past :D

Riverkid
07-23-2007, 03:35 AM
They had it on the Jumbotron. Buy the DVD- great heli footage. :D