PDA

View Full Version : Lake Don Pedro Info

Her454
07-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Anyone have any info on the water level at Lake Don Pedro OR the best place to camp? I've looked online and see Moccasin Point and Flemming but I have no idea which is best or closest to the water?
Thanks!

Bonecrusher
07-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Water is down apox 40' from this time last year. I spent the week of the 4th at Blue Oaks c26, 27. Had no problems leaving the boats in the water. We could see them from the MoHo's and had a great time. Flemming might have full hookups but they pack you in tight, Blue Oaks is a dry camp, with lots of room.
Good luck

Eliminator 4 Life
07-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Anyone have any info on the water level at Lake Don Pedro OR the best place to camp? I've looked online and see Moccasin Point and Flemming but I have no idea which is best or closest to the water?
Thanks!
Well since Im the Mayor of Don Pedro Ill give you my 2 cents haha. Flemming IMO is the best place to camp and they have the best launch ramp. Mocasin is at the other end of the lake probably more quiet over there. But like bonecrusher said its not full hookups at blue oak. If I cant get into flemming I go blue oak. I have never stayed at mocasin cause its a further drive but it would be closer to you 454 if you are coming from jackson back roads..

Her454
07-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Well since Im the Mayor of Don Pedro Ill give you my 2 cents haha. Flemming IMO is the best place to camp and they have the best launch ramp. Mocasin is at the other end of the lake probably more quiet over there. But like bonecrusher said its not full hookups at blue oak. If I cant get into flemming I go blue oak. I have never stayed at mocasin cause its a further drive but it would be closer to you 454 if you are coming from jackson back roads..
Thanks Guys, appreciate the info. Any limitations on roads going in or campsites for a 37ft trailer? We don't need full hookups but dont want to get stuck somewhere we cant get out of, or crammed in a spot we don't really fit in. Are the campsites at Mocasin on the water and fit for the trailer? :) Really appreciate the info..............