PDA

View Full Version : N.J.B.A. Bakersfield

ACCEPTENCE
04-26-2003, 03:32 PM
Spent the day at Bakersfield. Some good qualifying times.
T.S. laid down a 7.20 something @ 141mph, not to shabby at all!!! A leg on the record too!!!
Another guy got pitched hard at the line in a BAF, boat came to rest upright and the guy was ok, very wet and mad as hell though.
Other then those two items it was a pretty regular day at the races, a little cool and a pretty good wind but a good day.

Hud
04-26-2003, 04:09 PM
Acceptence, thanks for the news on the race's!!

Sangster
04-26-2003, 05:54 PM
Right on guru, 7.20....How did BBT's do....and T-bag..any word...... :cool:

SUI-CY-COLE
04-26-2003, 06:05 PM
T-BAG IS ALL GOOD,,AS FAR AS BBT'S//THEY CAME IN SECOND OR THIRD,,DEPENDING IF THERE WAS ONE OR TWO OTHER BOATS IN THE CLASS.....

JetBoatRich
04-26-2003, 06:13 PM
Any pictures?

Sangster
04-26-2003, 06:27 PM
SUI-CY-COLE:
T-BAG IS ALL GOOD,,AS FAR AS BBT'S//THEY CAME IN SECOND OR THIRD,,DEPENDING IF THERE WAS ONE OR TWO OTHER BOATS IN THE CLASS..... eek! eek! eek!

ACCEPTENCE
04-26-2003, 07:07 PM
Sangster:
Right on guru, 7.20....How did BBT's do....and T-bag..any word...... :cool: Stopped by and met BBT & Mrs BBT, They were havin a good time racin. :)
Tony was smokin as usual. :D He had low R/T of the event for a while too, he was sure on his game today.
T-bag was drivin the pretty orange blown flat??? If that was him, I saw only one pass and it launched high, way high and then ideled down the course. Nice looking deal though and sounded pretty hopped up. eek! I was going to stop buy and say hello but they were busy warming and heading for the rope. Next time...
Nah, missed out on takin pictures, sorry. But it's a short trip from Palmdale/Lancaster idea and a nice way to spend the day.
Don't know how the rest of the dat went as I split @ 2:00. A day well spent :D

waterloged
04-26-2003, 07:16 PM
That's for the update.

Sangster
04-27-2003, 04:12 PM
Here'sa pic of T-bag's boat#221....
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/118a19-med.jpg
[ April 27, 2003, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

Monkey Bung
04-27-2003, 08:21 PM
ACCEPTENCE:
Spent the day at Bakersfield. Some good qualifying times.
T.S. laid down a 7.20 something @ 141mph, not to shabby at all!!! A leg on the record too!!!
Another guy got pitched hard at the line in a BAF, boat came to rest upright and the guy was ok, very wet and mad as hell though.
Other then those two items it was a pretty regular day at the races, a little cool and a pretty good wind but a good day. The BAF he was driving layed down a 6.88 161 mph then backed it up with a 6.75 158 mph. :D wink :D By the way that black boat was Bill Diez "THE ACE OF SPADES" He was all good.

ACCEPTENCE
04-27-2003, 09:39 PM
...and did Bill Diez say why that happened???

BigBoyToys
04-28-2003, 12:07 AM
Tony had the first leg on a new PGF ET (7.24) and MPH (??) record today. Didn't get to hear if he backed it up or not. The BBT's.... took home 2 second place trophies. 2nd Place in the SJ Class and 2nd place in the 11-11.99 bracket. T-Bag.....I believe I did see him up there accepting a 1st place trophy eek! There was 1 boat that wenyt over today... The Kryptonite boat. I heard that the driver (Thurston) was ok and doing fine after going to the hospital for a checkup. Great Job Tony and T-Bag and all others that showed up at Ming to race....win or not. After all, it's all about having fun.

Sangster
04-28-2003, 06:33 AM
BBT's..Congrats on the 2nd place finishes...looks like your the man to beat again..Who took 1st & who took 3rd, they haven't posted the results yet.. :D :D
[ April 28, 2003, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

BigBoyToys
04-28-2003, 09:14 AM
Sangster:
BBT's..Congrats on the 2nd place finishes...looks like your the man to beat again..Who took 1st & who took 3rd, they haven't posted the results yet.. :D :D SJ class was a 2 boat field. Lakamp took first, I took second (naturally).
the 11-11.99 Bracket was a 4 boat field. The 088 boat beat me in the final. Boat ran hard off the launch and then at about half track spit and sputtered like it ran out of gas :mad: . I ended up with a 20 second et at 35 mph in the final.... :mad: :mad:
Back to the drawing board on that motor......Carb checked out ok, there was fuel in the tanks, etc etc... :confused: :confused: Could be an ignition problem? I am running a new MSD 6al and Pro Billet Dist. so ??????????

T-Bag
04-28-2003, 09:20 AM
We had an excellent weekend 1st pass was a 7.83 and after that the boat a couple of 7.69's a 7.64 at 136mph we had a starter issue on the rope in BGF so we got bumped out but took a 1st place in the 7.50 -7.99 class. Over all we had a BITCHEN weekend. also would like to congradulate Dale Pinckney in the Fighten Whitey with a 1st in the 8.50 class.

Sangster
04-28-2003, 09:36 AM
BBT's.. So is the Syndicate the new race deal..Seems to turn better #s..
T-bag...Sounds like your good to go..

superdave013
04-28-2003, 09:37 AM
T-Bag:
We had an excellent weekend 1st pass was a 7.83 and after that the boat a couple of 7.69's a 7.64 at 136mph we had a starter issue on the rope in BGF so we got bumped out but took a 1st place in the 7.50 -7.99 class. Over all we had a BITCHEN weekend. also would like to congradulate Dale Pinckney in the Fighten Whitey with a 1st in the 8.50 class. Congrats! That's pretty impressive for a fist time out! Hell, that's impressive no matter what. I bet the blown gas field loved seeing you show up.

jet4fun
04-28-2003, 09:47 AM
yeah, the races were great, i posted a little stuff here (http://forums.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001213) if anyone wants to take a look... btw, scarlata was haulin a$$, forgot about that one on my original post

BigBoyToys
04-28-2003, 09:58 AM
Sangster:
Nope Sangster, we won't be running the Syndicate again, nor does it turn better ET's. Fastest we ran with it over the weekend was 70.??? at a 13.5 et. The only reason we were in the 11 bracket was because there was no slower boats at the event. yep, I was the slowest wink The reason I advanced into the finals was because Jerry Francis broke on the rope. He would have beat me for sure. The SJ class.....Don't know if I'll ever beat Lakamp. His boat is definitely hooked up.

Sangster
04-28-2003, 10:38 AM
BigBoyToys:
Sangster:
Nope Sangster, we won't be running the Syndicate again, nor does it turn better ET's. Fastest we ran with it over the weekend was 70.??? at a 13.5 et. The only reason we were in the 11 bracket was because there was no slower boats at the event. yep, I was the slowest wink The reason I advanced into the finals was because Jerry Francis broke on the rope. He would have beat me for sure. The SJ class.....Don't know if I'll ever beat Lakamp. His boat is definitely hooked up. So, do you fix the CP or run the Shovelnose.. :cool:

Sangster
04-28-2003, 10:38 AM
BigBoyToys:
Sangster:
Nope Sangster, we won't be running the Syndicate again, nor does it turn better ET's. Fastest we ran with it over the weekend was 70.??? at a 13.5 et. The only reason we were in the 11 bracket was because there was no slower boats at the event. yep, I was the slowest wink The reason I advanced into the finals was because Jerry Francis broke on the rope. He would have beat me for sure. The SJ class.....Don't know if I'll ever beat Lakamp. His boat is definitely hooked up. So, do you fix the CP or run the Shovelnose.. :cool:

BigBoyToys
04-28-2003, 10:47 AM
Depends..... I have something in the works right now for a different engine. If it works out, look to see the engine going in the Shovelnose. The CP, that's another story. Still up in the air on it. I have a few people interested in buying it but you know how that goes........

WHITIE
04-28-2003, 10:50 AM
T-Bag:
We had an excellent weekend 1st pass was a 7.83 and after that the boat a couple of 7.69's a 7.64 at 136mph we had a starter issue on the rope in BGF so we got bumped out but took a 1st place in the 7.50 -7.99 class. Over all we had a BITCHEN weekend. also would like to congradulate Dale Pinckney in the Fighten Whitey with a 1st in the 8.50 class. I appreciate the props Wally, the same to you, your boat really got with it this weekend good to see the progress... I will race you on fathers day but I get a 1 second head start, sound good? :D

jerry billet
04-28-2003, 11:24 AM
YES, I handed Jim/BBT his win. Failed to put the plug in the boat. Nearly sank it at the line.
Was in the groove. Ran 11.06...11.06...11.07. Was looking forward to my trophy. Must have got ahead of myself.
But thats why we call it racing, not wining.

Sangster
04-28-2003, 01:24 PM
[ April 28, 2003, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

ACCEPTENCE
04-28-2003, 01:53 PM
T-Bag:
We had an excellent weekend 1st pass was a 7.83 and after that the boat a couple of 7.69's a 7.64 at 136mph we had a starter issue on the rope in BGF so we got bumped out but took a 1st place in the 7.50 -7.99 class. Over all we had a BITCHEN weekend. also would like to congradulate Dale Pinckney in the Fighten Whitey with a 1st in the 8.50 class. A big ol congrats and an ata-boy on the win, good for you!!!! That first launch looked a little hariy. Glade to see things setteled down and you got the job done. :D
Those are some inpressive numbers too eek!
A trophy and a good time had by all, thats what it's all about wink

boat030
04-28-2003, 01:57 PM
I guess i should give some congrats to "whitie" too, nice work I'll come back in a few weeks and we can try it again, hopefully for my sake with a different outcome.

T-Bag
04-28-2003, 02:03 PM
WHITIE:
T-Bag:
We had an excellent weekend 1st pass was a 7.83 and after that the boat a couple of 7.69's a 7.64 at 136mph we had a starter issue on the rope in BGF so we got bumped out but took a 1st place in the 7.50 -7.99 class. Over all we had a BITCHEN weekend. also would like to congradulate Dale Pinckney in the Fighten Whitey with a 1st in the 8.50 class. I appreciate the props Wally, the same to you, your boat really got with it this weekend good to see the progress... I will race you on fathers day but I get a 1 second head start, sound good? :D I thought that was the infamous "Pinckney" start but you can call it what you want!!!! :D

BigBoyToys
04-28-2003, 03:35 PM
jerry billet:
YES, I handed Jim/BBT his win. Failed to put the plug in the boat. Nearly sank it at the line.
Was in the groove. Ran 11.06...11.06...11.07. Was looking forward to my trophy. Must have got ahead of myself.
But thats why we call it racing, not wining. I was wondering what happened Jerry :confused: I looked up and saw the rescue boat heading for your side, didn't think much of it because they stopped and turned around. When I looked over to see what the delay was, I noticed you weren't there :confused: Hell, I knew I didn't have a chance against you but I didn't want to advance into the finals that way :( . Well, you'll gettem' next time (and I won't be taking that boat to Ming anymore :rolleyes: )

WHITIE
04-28-2003, 04:17 PM
boat030:
I guess i should give some congrats to "whitie" too, nice work I'll come back in a few weeks and we can try it again, hopefully for my sake with a different outcome. Thanks 030 appreciate it, I hope there is a second chance, I'm lookin forward to it. That red boat runs damn hard to the 1/8 I'll say.
[ April 28, 2003, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: WHITIE ]

WILDERTHANU54
04-28-2003, 06:34 PM
CONGATULATIONS TO ALL WHO RAN. GLAD TO HEAR SHAWN AND BILL ARE OK. TONY.... TOOK THE FLAT TO THE RIVER, COULDNT MAKE BOTH. CALL ME ABOUT THIS WEEKEND.

Bense468
04-28-2003, 07:14 PM
Hey geoff where were you. I guess you don't like returning phone calls huh?

Jetboatguru
04-29-2003, 10:34 AM
A pic is worth a kick in the groin to the mullets
http://njbaracing.net/gallery/images/IMG_1341.jpg

Sangster
04-29-2003, 11:25 AM
Should make for good conversation...... :D

T-Bag
04-29-2003, 12:33 PM
Jetboatguru:
A pic is worth a kick in the groin to the mullets
http://njbaracing.net/gallery/images/IMG_1341.jpg Here we go again, my only defense is look at the results when they get posted. It figures out of all the runs they post the one where I let out of it at the line. Are you sure YOU didn't have something to do with this!!!!!! :D :D

Cs19
04-30-2003, 06:37 PM
bbt, you didnt like the tunnell or the gullwing, whats next? please dont say the v-word.

BigBoyToys
04-30-2003, 06:48 PM
cs19:
bbt, you didnt like the tunnell or the gullwing, whats next? please dont say the v-word. I do like the CP Tunnel. But, although the CP Tunnel gets good top end speeds, the ET's tend to be a little slower than the CP Gull Wing.
My Syndicate Gull Wing is not the right type of Gull Wing to get the lift that I need. But it is a very safe and stable boat that can handle rough water with ease.
So, where does that leave me..... Well, we have located a CP Gull Wing that we would like to setup to race with. I am definitely leaning towards the CP Gull Wing over everything else at this point but.... We will be getting a V-drive again also
CP for racing, V-Drive for playing. wink

Sangster
04-30-2003, 07:00 PM
T-bag....you Mountain boys coming out Sunday... :rolleyes:

FLYTE RISK
04-30-2003, 09:39 PM
BigBoyToys:
cs19:
bbt, you didnt like the tunnell or the gullwing, whats next? please dont say the v-word. I do like the CP Tunnel. But, although the CP Tunnel gets good top end speeds, the ET's tend to be a little slower than the CP Gull Wing.
My Syndicate Gull Wing is not the right type of Gull Wing to get the lift that I need. But it is a very safe and stable boat that can handle rough water with ease.
So, where does that leave me..... Well, we have located a CP Gull Wing that we would like to setup to race with. I am definitely leaning towards the CP Gull Wing over everything else at this point but.... We will be getting a V-drive again also
CP for racing, V-Drive for playing. wink NO NO NO BBT it"s the other way around jet boats for playin(55) m.p.h V_DRIVES FOR RACING you should know better! I saw your passes in the orange boat looked good, sounded like some fuel problems to me on sunday..Live and die by the V- drive..... :D

BigBoyToys
05-01-2003, 02:42 AM
FLYTE RISK:
BigBoyToys:
cs19:
CP for racing, V-Drive for playing. wink NO NO NO BBT it"s the other way around jet boats for playin(55) m.p.h V_DRIVES FOR RACING you should know better! I saw your passes in the orange boat looked good, sounded like some fuel problems to me on sunday..Live and die by the V- drive..... :D Yeah yeah....I know. But I am currently sitting in 2nd place in points in 2 classes and would like to see how close I can get to a championship by the end of the year. Can't switch now, at least not this year.
Yep...Fuel problems was what I was figuring too. I think the fuel was sloshing too much on the launch kinda creating a little air pocket. I was ok on the start and finish but seemed to "run low on gas" at about half track. Then it would come back alright in the shutdown area. :confused:

Sangster
05-01-2003, 05:42 AM
Sounds like float level adjustment to me.... wink

FLYTE RISK
05-01-2003, 06:01 AM
BigBoyToys:
FLYTE RISK:
BigBoyToys:
cs19:
CP for racing, V-Drive for playing. wink NO NO NO BBT it"s the other way around jet boats for playin(55) m.p.h V_DRIVES FOR RACING you should know better! I saw your passes in the orange boat looked good, sounded like some fuel problems to me on sunday..Live and die by the V- drive..... :D Yeah yeah....I know. But I am currently sitting in 2nd place in points in 2 classes and would like to see how close I can get to a championship by the end of the year. Can't switch now, at least not this year.
Yep...Fuel problems was what I was figuring too. I think the fuel was sloshing too much on the launch kinda creating a little air pocket. I was ok on the start and finish but seemed to "run low on gas" at about half track. Then it would come back alright in the shutdown area. :confused: I hear ya, sounds like fuel levels were wrong in the bowls. And do you ever sleep? wink

Sangster
05-01-2003, 06:16 AM
Sleep....Thats what I do best...Whats up dave..Now that your all moved in, are you gonna get the boat out for a day......

Sangster
05-01-2003, 07:44 AM
BigBoyToys:
FLYTE RISK:
BigBoyToys:
cs19:
Yep...Fuel problems was what I was figuring too. I think the fuel was sloshing too much on the launch kinda creating a little air pocket. I was ok on the start and finish but seemed to "run low on gas" at about half track. Then it would come back alright in the shutdown area. :confused: Hey BBT's...Are you by any chance related to Richard.... :confused:

WHITIE
05-01-2003, 12:56 PM
Mr BBT getting after it!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://njbaracing.net/gallery/images/njba_web00002_JFR.jpg

Sangster
05-01-2003, 01:36 PM
HEEEEEEEWWWWW-HAAAAWWWWWWWWW :D :D :D

Her454
05-01-2003, 01:40 PM
Sangster:
HEEEEEEEWWWWW-HAAAAWWWWWWWWW :D :D :D Its got to be something in the water. eek!

BigBoyToys
05-01-2003, 06:18 PM
FLYTE RISK:
BigBoyToys:
FLYTE RISK:
BigBoyToys:
cs19:
Yep...Fuel problems was what I was figuring too. I think the fuel was sloshing too much on the launch kinda creating a little air pocket. I was ok on the start and finish but seemed to "run low on gas" at about half track. Then it would come back alright in the shutdown area. :confused: I hear ya, sounds like fuel levels were wrong in the bowls. And do you ever sleep? wink Yep...I sleep about 5 hours a day. I just get up early for some reason....Could have something to do with it being much quieter around the house at 3:00am (we have 5 kids here) eek! :D

BigBoyToys
05-01-2003, 06:19 PM
Sangster:
BigBoyToys:
FLYTE RISK:
BigBoyToys:
cs19:
Yep...Fuel problems was what I was figuring too. I think the fuel was sloshing too much on the launch kinda creating a little air pocket. I was ok on the start and finish but seemed to "run low on gas" at about half track. Then it would come back alright in the shutdown area. :confused: Hey BBT's...Are you by any chance related to Richard.... :confused: HA HA...Haven't heard that one before :rolleyes: C'mon Sangster, be original wink :D :D

BigBoyToys
05-01-2003, 06:23 PM
WHITIE:
http://njbaracing.net/gallery/images/njba_web00002_JFR.jpg Yeah...That was my 35mph, 20 sec ET final run for the trophy (It was the only time I was in that lane) LOL.... I had him on the reaction time then the boat just took a crap on me at half track.
Float levels huh? Hmmmm....Wonder why? The first run of the morning it didn't do it and I didn't change anything on the boat. Maybe I need to go out to CFW this Sunday and play with it a bit.... :D

Sangster
05-01-2003, 06:36 PM
Hummm....Maybe the place to be.....BTW..Paul will have his Daytona there ready to rumble..It always runs good, We won't have the Nos on either of the boats boats. I'm waitin' on a bottle bracket, Jeff's waitin on $$$ and Paul's real close to being ready.....Maybe for Mothers Day... smile_sp

Sangster
05-01-2003, 06:41 PM
BigBoyToys:
WHITIE:
http://njbaracing.net/gallery/images/njba_web00002_JFR.jpg Yeah...That was my 35mph, 20 sec ET final run for the trophy (It was the only time I was in that lane) LOL.... I had him on the reaction time then the boat just took a crap on me at half track.
Float levels huh? Hmmmm....Wonder why? The first run of the morning it didn't do it and I didn't change anything on the boat. Maybe I need to go out to CFW this Sunday and play with it a bit.... :D How is your fuel pressure....
[ May 01, 2003, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

BigBoyToys
05-01-2003, 07:27 PM
Sangster:
BigBoyToys:
WHITIE:
Float levels huh? Hmmmm....Wonder why? The first run of the morning it didn't do it and I didn't change anything on the boat. Maybe I need to go out to CFW this Sunday and play with it a bit.... :D How is your fuel pressure.... Cheapy holley mechanical pump....could be the problem. I'll put on the Comp 140 this Saturday and see what happens. I've been meaning to switch it all over to an electric pump but just haven't gotten around to it.

Hud
05-01-2003, 07:46 PM
Jim, never had a problem with a Holley mechanical pump before. I have been running this one for 3 years. Check that fuel level!

Sangster
05-01-2003, 07:50 PM
I'm running a Holly Mechanical also and a 140 GPM Electric on the Nos....

haulina29
05-01-2003, 08:13 PM
Sounds like somebody doesnt want to get pitched , swapping a CP tunnel for a cp gullwing is going backwards , if your tunnel doesnt et it doesnt have enough motor . your 60 foot time may be quicker in a gullwing put after that see ya!
[ May 01, 2003, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: haulina29 ]

BigBoyToys
05-02-2003, 03:29 AM
haulina29:
Sounds like somebody doesnt want to get pitched , swapping a CP tunnel for a cp gullwing is going backwards , if your tunnel doesnt et it doesnt have enough motor . your 60 foot time may be quicker in a gullwing put after that see ya! How about this, maybe somebody wants to be able to run it at the lake occasionally without cracking the bottom of the boat....... :rolleyes:

BigBoyToys
05-02-2003, 03:40 AM
Wait...what am I saying? :confused: I got the boat (Syndicate) for sale on Ebay.... and someone coming to buy the CP tomorrow. Soon, I'll be down to a few less boats and starting on the next project anyways......Getting the Sanger Hydro on the water is the next project :D

Sangster
05-02-2003, 05:12 AM
BBT's...Does this mean you picked up that 800hp deal at Ming... :confused: :confused:
[ May 02, 2003, 06:13 AM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

BigBoyToys
05-02-2003, 05:22 AM
Sangster:
BBT's...Does this mean you picked up that 800hp deal at Ming... :confused: :confused: Yep.... One of my crew members (a Ford guy) went down to Valencia Saturday afternoon after we were done running. He purchased a Nordic Picklefork with a 0 hr run time motor in it. The motor is a 468 BBC, Enderle injected, etc etc. The boat is over at Mike's in Dixon right now getting some work done. When it comes back, we'll be pulling the motor and putting in his Ford :rolleyes: and from there, the BBC will go to my garage until I put it in a boat :D
I kinda question whether or not it puts out 800hp but that's what the guy said it dynoed at. It has been sitting for 2 years though..... We'll see soon enough wink
[ May 02, 2003, 06:24 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Fired Up
05-02-2003, 07:54 PM
Hey Jim,
Sounds like you had a good time this weekend. In 2nd place in two classes! Great! Sorry I missed this weekend, but I'm all set for May. Made a few changes to the boat that should get me past the 6000 mark. Then I can be the slowest boat at the Race. Got your tow vehicle fixed this time?
Sam

BigBoyToys
05-03-2003, 01:33 AM
Fired Up:
Hey Jim,
Sounds like you had a good time this weekend. In 2nd place in two classes! Great! Sorry I missed this weekend, but I'm all set for May. Made a few changes to the boat that should get me past the 6000 mark. Then I can be the slowest boat at the Race. Got your tow vehicle fixed this time?
Sam Good luck in May Sam. I won't be making that race...it's only 2 weeks away and I have to recover (financially) from the last race :rolleyes:
Kinda funny though that ya ask about the tow vehicle. We left the little truck at home this time and towed with the Suburban. Made it almost home after the races....about midnight, 12 miles from home, raining, windy, something went wrong and I burnt up a TON of wires in my dash and under the hood. Just got the thing back from the shop yesterday. Total costs for last weekend.... Getting the boat legal to race- $1200.00, $$ spent on entry fees, fuel, food, motel, etc- $1300.00, Suburban repairs- $700.00 for a grand total of $3200.00 for racing last weekend. That's kinda messed up..... Ain't no way I'm racing in 2 weeks again.
But, glad to see you're gonna make the race. Good luck down there and let me know how ya did.
And ALWAYS be safe.

Fired Up
05-03-2003, 08:30 PM
AAAGGGHHH! That hurts Jim. Sorry for the big hit you took. Hopefully the tow vehicle problems are behind you. Now it's just a matter of playing catch up with your wallet.